◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,413 comments
SNAILSPECRACINGlightfromtheleft (1).jpg

Sunday's results have been copied to the S.N.A.I.L. Results - New file.

I am asking all scorekeepers, past, present and future, please stop entering extraneous data in the S.N.A.I.L. Directors' Points Tally and Elimination Votes - New. The only thing we need there are the Race 1 pole sitter point for each round, finishing positions for all drivers in all races, and the votes. Google docs is cranky enough moving the data around and having more in there can only cause it to be crankier. All the timing data needs to be entered in S.N.A.I.L. Results - New after those sheets have been made.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Hello, this is a request to join please.
I am new to online racing and like the clean aspect. I have done two sessions of clean racing now, about 10 races, and had a blast, this group sounds like a lot of fun.
Cheers,
Steve

Hello, guys. I'm just starting in online racing and would like to join S.N.A.I.L spec racing.
PSN ID: felipevilas23
Do you guys have any other online leagues that run early than 9:30 EST on the weekends?
@FelipeVilas23,
Here is the official welcome message. Please check out the weekday events in the hyperlink at the bottom of my post.
If you have any desire to race in the Official Sunday races please complete the steps listed below.

Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:
We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:
1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test
2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.
3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.
4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.
5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍
The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Hello, this is a request to join please.
I am new to online racing and like the clean aspect. I have done two sessions of clean racing now, about 10 races, and had a blast, this group sounds like a lot of fun.
Cheers,
Steve
@aerolite,
Racing clean IS a lot of fun.
Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:
We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:
1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test
2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.
3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.
4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.
5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍
The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

I'm going to go with Vrap's first suggestion. Therefore, my official prize A selection is:

MINI COOPER S '11 at Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit

410 PP (after oil change)
Sports Hard tires
Well let me be the first to say I was scoffing mightily at this car because I historically hate the new Mini cars.

BUT...

Just ran a couple of laps now as I prepare to host the SNAIL DRIVETRAIN CHALLENGE TONIGHT AT 10PM (shameless plug)...

And I'll be damned if this combo isn't fun as hell. Track is great, car is great. Just fan-damn-tastic all around.

3 laps in and I was doing low 1:46's.

This will be one of the few combos that just speak to me (combos where I can do ok on very little practice).

So...good effing choice.

Sunday's results have been copied to the S.N.A.I.L. Results - New file.

I am asking all scorekeepers, past, present and future, please stop entering extraneous data in the S.N.A.I.L. Directors' Points Tally and Elimination Votes - New. The only thing we need there are the Race 1 pole sitter point for each round, finishing positions for all drivers in all races, and the votes. Google docs is cranky enough moving the data around and having more in there can only cause it to be crankier. All the timing data needs to be entered in S.N.A.I.L. Results - New after those sheets have been made.

Thank you for your cooperation.

I can appreciate the crankiness of google docs, however, if I am not allowed to enter complete data in the directors doc throughout the race night, I will no longer be doing data. I don't have the time to do it otherwise.

I'm interested in drivetrain event, is there rm on grid?, is it friends only. Thx
plenty of room. Yes friends only. Shoot me a FR asap. Ice_Warden.

Go to the Drivetrain thread in my sig and check the rules and pick your cars out ;)

OK, I score kept for D8 this week. But now I am watching the replay and am a little confused. I thought @Pichon617 had pole in Round 1. But the replay has @FBR_Steve in the first spot. Did I get that wrong? Then in the next race Pichon617 was at the back, which would be consistent to a flip around base don qualy times... any ideas? Was I mistaken?

Want to win a Playseat Evolution?

Did you see this contest GTPlanet is hosting?

Even more incentive to go for it in Round 2 of the GT Academy. The Top 10 in the US will get to race for a Playseat Evolution. No offense to @GranStand Bill, but a free Playseat Evolution (andT500RS)? That would be awesome. As of right now, we have four SNAILs in the top 10 US. They are (doodle is ineligible - have to be over 18:

@Adventuruss - 3rd
@K1utch - 5th
@ptslopoke - 7th
@redsoxboy80 - 8th

Just outside the top 10 is:

@Neovre - 11th (by .002)

PRIZES:

I am not caught up with the thread, I've been caught up in some...shenanigans recently, and just now I saw that I happened to win prize B. We aren't clear to post our combo choice yet, are we?

I can appreciate the crankiness of google docs, however, if I am not allowed to enter complete data in the directors doc throughout the race night, I will no longer be doing data. I don't have the time to do it otherwise.

We can find a couple of D6'ers to cover data entry. Getting the scores live is important but the rest of the data can be entered by another division mate at a later time. It is cool getting all the info done so efficiently but any extra data kind of monks up the transfer process. I would be willing to bet that if you got scores on Sunday night, @goofytyler would cover the rest of it on Monday!

I am not caught up with the thread, I've been caught up in some...shenanigans recently, and just now I saw that I happened to win prize B. We aren't clear to post our combo choice yet, are we?

You're clear. The announcement was one page back. A quick way to find it would be to search for posts by Dragonwhisky.

You're clear. The announcement was one page back. A quick way to find it would be to search for posts by Dragonwhisky.

Thank you! With that being said, I've been preparing for a while now to send us to my favorite track under the Red Sun, Fuji Speedway F!
FujiSpeedway.gif

With some of the toughest off-camber corners in the world, Fuji is one of my all time favorite tracks to race on. But please, if we're gonna do this right, we need to make sure the Prize C car has some spaced out gears that won't bang the limiter to death!

Sorry about the delay, I haven't been very active in the thread over the past couple days.

Unrelated: Chuyler, please keep doing the recap vids! That was sweet!

Okay, got it updated.

Also: @zer05ive I don't see any data (all zeros) in the results spreadsheet... not sure if it's just me or if there's something up.
All zero's for me too... Was wondering if it's my browser as Google regularly tells me I'm using an outdated version.... not my choice...it's the company laptop!
Are you guys still not able to see any data? I updated the link to the tab May season, but even clicking on the old April link should have at least taken you guys to the results doc.

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Round 1 - Toyota 2000GT '67 (Sport Hard tires) at Tokyo R246 (5 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @CarCzar gets Prize B, he has the option to "freeze" the car or the track, or he can give that option to the Prize C winner. If he gives the "freeze" away, then he gets to decide what car or track replaces the part of the combo that is left unfrozen by the Prize C winner.

Prize C goes to @joe_diben so he gets whichever option the Prize B winner does not select.

@CarCzar you should read this

Thank you! With that being said, I've been preparing for a while now to send us to my favorite track under the Red Sun, Fuji Speedway F!
FujiSpeedway.gif

With some of the toughest off-camber corners in the world, Fuji is one of my all time favorite tracks to race on. But please, if we're gonna do this right, we need to make sure the Prize C car has some spaced out gears that won't bang the limiter to death!

Sorry about the delay, I haven't been very active in the thread over the past couple days.

Unrelated: Chuyler, please keep doing the recap vids! That was sweet!

wth??? I thought we were gonna get rid of that car! :banghead: As if the Lotus wasn't boring enough on the straightaway. omg....

Want to win a Playseat Evolution?

Did you see this contest GTPlanet is hosting?

Even more incentive to go for it in Round 2 of the GT Academy. The Top 10 in the US will get to race for a Playseat Evolution. No offense to @GranStand Bill, but a free Playseat Evolution (andT500RS)? That would be awesome. As of right now, we have four SNAILs in the top 10 US. They are (doodle is ineligible - have to be over 18:

@Adventuruss - 3rd
@K1utch - 5th
@ptslopoke - 7th
@redsoxboy80 - 8th

Just outside the top 10 is:

@Neovre - 11th (by .002)

PRIZES:

Put me down for 4th or 5th in US lol 1:35.508
New time 1:35.354
Should be in low .2xx soon:cheers:

Last edited:
The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Round 1 - Toyota 2000GT '67 (Sport Hard tires) at Tokyo R246 (5 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @CarCzar gets Prize B, he has the option to "freeze" the car or the track, or he can give that option to the Prize C winner. If he gives the "freeze" away, then he gets to decide what car or track replaces the part of the combo that is left unfrozen by the Prize C winner.

Prize C goes to @joe_diben so he gets whichever option the Prize B winner does not select.

@CarCzar you should read this

I'm pretty sure he doesn't know what prize C was about at the time of his pick for the track... @CarCzar... I hope he will and is allowed to reverse that decision and change the car instead...

Yikes the Toyota 2000Gt at Fuji? Man we need racing cars for that track! LOL

If only we could draft with the 2000GT, it wouldn't be that bad. The car is a pleasure to drive (loving it since the 1st we raced it), hope it maintains it at that way at Fuji.

Just reminded that after race 1 at Tokyo my car suddenly lost 3HP, falling to 158HP... I wonder why that happened. Thanks to @msgt-sd for spotting that on Sunday. 👍 for you man! :D

Back