◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,416 comments
You can thank me after Sunday :cheers:.
Well let me be the first to say I was scoffing mightily at this car because I historically hate the new Mini cars.

BUT...

Just ran a couple of laps now as I prepare to host the SNAIL DRIVETRAIN CHALLENGE TONIGHT AT 10PM (shameless plug)...

And I'll be damned if this combo isn't fun as hell. Track is great, car is great. Just fan-damn-tastic all around.

3 laps in and I was doing low 1:46's.

This will be one of the few combos that just speak to me (combos where I can do ok on very little practice).

So...good effing choice.

Want to win a Playseat Evolution?

Did you see this contest GTPlanet is hosting?

Even more incentive to go for it in Round 2 of the GT Academy. The Top 10 in the US will get to race for a Playseat Evolution. No offense to @GranStand Bill, but a free Playseat Evolution (andT500RS)? That would be awesome. As of right now, we have four SNAILs in the top 10 US. They are (doodle is ineligible - have to be over 18:

@Adventuruss - 3rd
@K1utch - 5th
@ptslopoke - 7th
@redsoxboy80 - 8th

Just outside the top 10 is:

@Neovre - 11th (by .002)

PRIZES:
OH FORREAL BROO LETS DO THIS NOW IM GOING IN TOMORROW

Have you guys ever tried spec racing but with 2 cars to choose from? For instance two cars that are classic competitors and more or less the same car. Say WRX vs EVO or Camaro vs Mustang, 458 Italia vs LFA. Not trying to stir the pot, just thought I'd share a vision with you all. Maybe an alternate race for each div that is optional and bragging rights only so it doesn't have to take up more time if you don't want.

OK, I score kept for D8 this week. But now I am watching the replay and am a little confused. I thought @Pichon617 had pole in Round 1. But the replay has @FBR_Steve in the first spot. Did I get that wrong? Then in the next race Pichon617 was at the back, which would be consistent to a flip around base don qualy times... any ideas? Was I mistaken?
I had the pole in the BRZ race

Have you guys ever tried spec racing but with 2 cars to choose from? For instance two cars that are classic competitors and more or less the same car. Say WRX vs EVO or Camaro vs Mustang, 458 Italia vs LFA. Not trying to stir the pot, just thought I'd share a vision with you all. Maybe an alternate race for each div that is optional and bragging rights only so it doesn't have to take up more time if you don't want.
I remember we did something a few years ago in GT5. We put the faster drivers in a slightly slower car. With GT5 draft, they could keep up, but never pass. It was lots of fun and kept the cars clumped together without the use of Boost.

My fault, big error on my part. Ignoring what was posted above, I will choose to freeze the track at Tokyo R246.

Really sorry guys, I got a bit confused there.

carczar has decided to freeze the track so it's up to @joe_diben to choose a car to run at Tokyo.

carczar has decided to freeze the track so it's up to @joe_diben to choose a car to run at Tokyo.
@zer05ive, @JLBowler
I have made my decision, i know there are a few SNAILS that really want to race this car, myself included. I hope you guys like it as much as i did while testing it. the car we will be racing this week on Tokyo will be the:
Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (C7) '14
533 pp
476 hp
sports soft

@zer05ive, @JLBowler
I have made my decision, i know there are a few SNAILS that really want to race this car, myself included. I hope you guys like it as much as i did while testing it. the car we will be racing this week on Tokyo will be the:
533 pp
476 hp
sports soft
Niiiiice! I was hoping for American muscle for some reason.

Even more incentive to go for it in Round 2 of the GT Academy. The Top 10 in the US will get to race for a Playseat Evolution. No offense to @GranStand Bill, but a free Playseat Evolution (andT500RS)? That would be awesome. As of right now, we have four SNAILs in the top 10 US. They are (doodle is ineligible - have to be over 18:

@Adventuruss - 3rd
@K1utch - 5th
@ptslopoke - 7th
@redsoxboy80 - 8th

@Neovre - 11th (by .002)

PRIZES:
Speaking of this new "Playseat Challenge", our third GranStrand Challenge is complete and I'll be working on the list of finalists and their number of picks soon.

As for how we'll determine the winner, we'll be using @GumballCGT fast lap during a race again. This time, it'll be at Silverstone later this month. :)

I'm going to go with Vrap's first suggestion. Therefore, my official prize A selection is:

MINI COOPER S '11 at Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit

410 PP (after oil change)
Sports Hard tires
@zer05ive, @JLBowler
533 pp
476 hp
sports soft
Thanks for making your prize selections so quickly!

The May 11th lineup has been posted!! :gtpflag:

Let's get some banner pictures so that @Troggy has some options to choose from. He said he can get the banners done early this week, so let's make the most of it. :)

We still need D1 replays.

For the past few months nobody has uploaded replays
For D1 We need someone to do it in D1 also we need
Someone that could be backup for points if fizzer isn't
Racing with us, on Sunday I had to Run the whole show
Host, save replays, take votes, and who got poles
I don't mind helping out I just can't upload replays
Cause my laptops messed up

I certainly appreciate you stepping up and handling all the D1 stuff @dgaf95integra . Since D1 rarely submits IRs we don't usually need their replays, so haven't needed them very often. D1 has IRs filed this week, so, we need them.

Hello,
I'd like to join this Snailracing league on GT6.
PSN ID: fallingskye196
I've raced quite a bit in GT5, but I've only been in one GT6 race Online. I've gotten up to my iB licence in career and I'm lookin for some more fun online racing :)
@Skye Hellums,
Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Are you guys still not able to see any data? I updated the link to the tab May season, but even clicking on the old April link should have at least taken you guys to the results doc.

I see it now (sorry, didn't check until this morning).

Question, however. If someone disconnects after completing the qualifier but before the start of a race, do they get 0 points or last place points?
I ask because this happened to be on Round 3, Race 1... it's not a big deal as it was a pretty full room so last place points changes nothing... but curious because I remember it being discussed in our room that night.

@Adventuruss - 3rd
@K1utch - 5th
@ptslopoke - 7th
@redsoxboy80 - 8th

@Neovre - 11th (by .002)

PRIZES:

Well crap...I was planning on not doing it anymore, looks like I might have to keep on trying (cutting it close currently)

I see it now (sorry, didn't check until this morning).

Question, however. If someone disconnects after completing the qualifier but before the start of a race, do they get 0 points or last place points?
I ask because this happened to be on Round 3, Race 1... it's not a big deal as it was a pretty full room so last place points changes nothing... but curious because I remember it being discussed in our room that night.

As long as you start the qualifier, you receive points. The tricky part is when multiple people disconnect during qualifying and you have to remember who disco'd first.

[quote="Skills, post: 9634413, membRacecraft0"guideER=257924]FelipeVilas23[/USER],
Here is the official welcome message. Please check out the weekday events in the hyperlink at the bottom of my post.
If you have any desire to race in the Official Sunday races please complete the steps listed below.

Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:
We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:
1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test
2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.
3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.
4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.
5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍
The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:[/quote]

Thanks for the welcome @Skills. I will read the good racecraft guide and start preparing and following the steps to race on Sunday.

Looking foward to race!

I can help with D1 replays and be back-up for points starting this Sunday, I wasn't very "snaily" this Sunday and didn't save the replays.

Back