◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,413 comments
If that is the case, and I'm not saying it is or isn't, it's one more reason for everyone to give themselves some time to find the room on race night. If you have ever had and issue with friends only rooms not showing up, you should prepare for that to happen. Logging in 3 minutes before race time and trying to find the room is asking for problems. I was amazed last night at the number of people that posted either within five minutes of race time or well after race time that they couldn't find the room for their division.

Get your poop in a pile and give yourself 10 or 15 minutes to make sure you are going to be able to find the room. Like the old saying goes, failure to plan is planning to fail.
I logged in 25 minutes before race time, and only posted right before race time out of panic (I know, my bad). Between turning the system off and on, clearing the cache, searching the forum, and sending messages, it took me all of that 25 minute s

If that is the case, and I'm not saying it is or isn't, it's one more reason for everyone to give themselves some time to find the room on race night. If you have ever had and issue with friends only rooms not showing up, you should prepare for that to happen. Logging in 3 minutes before race time and trying to find the room is asking for problems. I was amazed last night at the number of people that posted either within five minutes of race time or well after race time that they couldn't find the room for their division.

Get your poop in a pile and give yourself 10 or 15 minutes to make sure you are going to be able to find the room. Like the old saying goes, failure to plan is planning to fail.

I was on from 8:00 trying to find my room, not 5 min before race time. It didn't show up on the Friends list nor in the Track selection. My question to you is, Does it only find the Host on the friends list, anyone on the friends list. I could see Tex's room but nothing else. Just need to see what I did wrong with this so I can cure it.

I logged in 25 minutes before race time, and only posted right before race time out of panic (I know, my bad). Between turning the system off and on, clearing the cache, searching the forum, and sending messages, it took me all of that 25 minute s
I ALLWAYS am up 30 minutes early. D7 used to open 30 minutes early for that very reason...to sort out the "misfits". I still get nervous as hell sitting there hitting the triangle refresh button looking for my Division on the correct track...only then can you see the track marked friends only (I actually saw three rooms so marked last night but never more than that at one time).

OK here is what happened...as I said before take notes so you know what to do.

I followed the instructions to get into safe mode (the menu). (So far so good.)

I selected rebuild (ditto)

When the message "did I want to export data to HDMI "...I said no...well duh I want a rebuild not a music video.

WRONG ANSWER. if this message pops up SELECT YES.

It than wants to know if you can read the screen SELECT YES.

Voila! Then it automatically dumps into a fix corrupted database. Which it does.

It then...now that all is fixed... dumps you into Rebuild Data.
Which it did in under two minutes.

This was figured out in an on line chat with outer Mongolia (SONY)...the guy (Romeo P. ...in a pigs eye!) said...SEND IT (my PS3) TO US. I said NFW can we save the data...he said lets try something. The exact same thing happened....the HDMI export message came up ... I ask if I should say NO ...he says in effect F it...say YES. Lets see what happens...EUREKA!

The system is trying to tell you that the data is corrupted and that you need to fix it BEFORE you can rebuild.

JUST SAY YES 🤬 :cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:
Carlton-Dance-GIF.gif

Don't wait until the last minute to post something if you're having issues. If you see that you're having a problem 10 minutes before, let us know and we will work with you to find the room. At least let your host know what's going on. If they know you're trying, they may be inclined to give you a couple of minutes to get situated.

Edit: I just looked and don't even see a post in the thread from you last night. Did you message your host or post in the conversation for your division.

If anyone is having an issue finding the room on race night, post in the thread before I give the go ahead to hosts to start racing. I will hold up a room if I need to in order to give a driver a chance to get in but I have to know you are trying.

I was on from 8:00 trying to find my room, not 5 min before race time. It didn't show up on the Friends list nor in the Track selection. My question to you is, Does it only find the Host on the friends list, anyone on the friends list. I could see Tex's room but nothing else. Just need to see what I did wrong with this so I can cure it.

You must have the host of your division on your friends list. If you don't, you will not be able to find their room. I have been posting that information on an almost daily basis for the last three weeks.

Anything I say will come out sounding cranky and whiny but I will add that I did give D1 a month, in fact I gave it two. From my driver's seat, there are issues that prevent me from surviving the night without incidents. I didn't say the word dirty and I am not implying that all or any D1 drivers are dirty. I did, however, say they are aggressive.

I'm sure the fast drivers have the capability to race spot on clean, especially amongst each other, and I have messaged some of them privately to commend them on their stellar passes. I'm sure it is more of an issue with where I brake or how I carve lines through corners. I'm slower, so obviously I'm losing time somewhere. I may even take a turn slower on purpose to make sure I don't give up the apex, but that doesn't excuse contact below the belt (err I mean behind the driver's door).

The other 3 races I am simply in the way getting pushed aside by faster drivers making aggressive moves.

This sentence right here definitely makes it seem like you are insinuating that D1 is dirty.

It would be my humble, earthly opinion, that the Drivers in D-1 are so good, so fast, that us Earthlings would perceive their skills to be aggressive. Anytime I have had the pleasure/intimidation of being on a practice track with them - I have wanted to Exit Stage Right ..... immediately, if not sooner.

Always feel more like a door stop than a fellow competitor.
So, it isn't so much "dirty" as it is aggression coupled with skill. That is what makes them so fast.

IMHO, that is

The other 3 races I am simply in the way getting pushed aside by faster drivers making aggressive moves.

This sentence right here definitely makes it seem like you are insinuating that D1 is dirty.
I don't believe this to be the first, second, or even third time that this assumption has been voiced.

Don't wait until the last minute to post something if you're having issues. If you see that you're having a problem 10 minutes before, let us know and we will work with you to find the room. At least let your host know what's going on. If they know you're trying, they may be inclined to give you a couple of minutes to get situated.

Edit: I just looked and don't even see a post in the thread from you last night. Did you message your host or post in the conversation for your division.

If anyone is having an issue finding the room on race night, post in the thread before I give the go ahead to hosts to start racing. I will hold up a room if I need to in order to give a driver a chance to get in but I have to know you are trying.

You must have the host of your division on your friends list. If you don't, you will not be able to find their room. I have been posting that information on an almost daily basis for the last three weeks.

Problem was the host was changed while I was on the PS3 waiting for the room to open up. Didn't know about it until almost race time. The host was the only one in not on my friends list. I went through the the drivers list and sent FRs to all the hosts, backup hosts. The host for last night was not listed as either. I sent a FR but I knew it was to late. Oh well, next week..........maybe

on another subject as some of you know I drive in the GTP_WRS weekly races. Some of their European members are putting on a Live Feed Special Race that completely mimics the Monaco F1 weekend ( Thurs practice Fri knockout qualifying, Sunday race ) with detuned but tunable X2014 cars. They also provide a basic setup for those of us posing as another Monaco chicane.
If interested here is the addy.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...prix-of-monaco-may-22-25.307766/#post-9672359

Right I know I don't know how to do the link here thing. This will have to do.

Oops...link is right but go to top of page 1

Last edited:
Problem was the host was changed while I was on the PS3 waiting for the room to open up. Didn't know about it until almost race time. The host was the only one in not on my friends list. I went through the the drivers list and sent FRs to all the hosts, backup hosts. The host for last night was not listed as either. I sent a FR but I knew it was to late. Oh well, next week..........maybe

Yeah - reading PM's and wanting to respond can become an issue - not everyone has or wants access on the weekend.

When @Skills said Friday night that he couldn't host Sunday (the race from last night, 5/18), I'm gonna be unusually blunt and tell you you could/should have been more pro-active in either:

a) volunteering (MAJOR shout out to some of our slacker-non-help-let-one-guy-do-all-of-it divisions - D5 isn't one of them, thank goodness)

or

b) checking - and asking - what was going to happen host-wise between when the info came out on Friday and the time you waited for the room to open up, and when the decision was made on who's the host.

Them's the breaks.

Read info. Act on info. Race.

Yeah - reading PM's and wanting to respond can become an issue - not everyone has or wants access on the weekend.

When @Skills said Friday night that he couldn't host Sunday (the race from last night, 5/18), I'm gonna be unusually blunt and tell you you could/should have been more pro-active in either:

a) volunteering (MAJOR shout out to some of our slacker-non-help-let-one-guy-do-all-of-it divisions - D5 isn't one of them, thank goodness)

or

b) checking - and asking - what was going to happen host-wise between when the info came out on Friday and the time you waited for the room to open up, and when the decision was made on who's the host.

Them's the breaks.

Read info. Act on info. Race.

To add to that. Mirado 7 opened up the room and I would assume ended up hosting. If that is the case, he is listed as a back up host so he should be on everyone in D5s friend list.

on another subject as some of you know I drive in the GTP_WRS weekly races.

Hope you do well and enjoy the experience. The WRS sounds very tight and highly talented.
Good looking thread - and very strict regulations. Maybe when I grow up.

It would be my humble, earthly opinion, that the Drivers in D-1 are so good, so fast, that us Earthlings would perceive their skills to be aggressive. Anytime I have had the pleasure/intimidation of being on a practice track with them - I have wanted to Exit Stage Right ..... immediately, if not sooner.

Always feel more like a door stop than a fellow competitor.
So, it isn't so much "dirty" as it is aggression coupled with skill. That is what makes them so fast.

IMHO, that is

I kind of agree, but I decided to stay and "take them on" that one evening. It actually helped me to improve my time at Silverstone by almost a second. You feel the pressure if they come from behind, but the rules are to keep your line and they have to find the way around you. Talk about sweaty palms if you manage to go through three or four turns with a good line and the fast guy can't get by...

Posted to the division thread. Also sent the host a pm thru psn, so he knew I was trying.

Those WRS guys are insanely fast. I've raced in a few of their races and they're very organized and have plenty of events with everything from time trials to special events. I strongly recommend everyone to go over there and try it out. It definitely helps if you want to increase speed and consistency.

Posted to the division thread. Also sent the host a pm thru psn, so he knew I was trying.
I wouldn't bother with psn pm's. I'm sure I'm not the only one that has that notification turned off. The host should be monitoring the thread and division convo, that should be enough.

I don't recall seeing @Wolfsatz making any comments about this issue. He is the main host.

Regarding my "attack" on you and the SNAIL management's stance....

I am not a steward, a manager nor do I collect $hells for my contributions (when they rarely occur) to the league. I am just a guy with a halfway decent internet connection and I know how to set room settings for race night. SNAIL is group of over 100 active members. The "management" is a group of volunteers and regular people...and the racers are regular people. We all have different personalities and perspectives on life, the universe and everything. We are not bound by employee contracts etc. This is a public forum and we are allowed to voice our opinions on the daily occurrences regarding other postings here. This is what makes this country great.

I don't like everyone here, nor does everyone like me. In fact, I'm sure there are inner-division rivalries as well. Not everyone likes everyone. So when your e-feelings get hurt, don't point at the management. Just ignore it and grow stronger from it. You can't file a cyber bullying lawsuit around here...just blow it off and get stronger. A lot of people were aghast at your original post...but I don't mind being the focal point of your e-anger.

This place is cyclical. I used to really dislike @Drgreenthumb977 , then I was singing his praises just a few months ago, and now I dislike him again :) See how things change? I'm sure we will like each other again someday soon :)

Anyways...if you stay, it's all good. You can hate me when you pass me on the track and laugh maniacally. If you leave...then I will offer a meaningless quote..."So long and thanks for all the fish".
Who said I'll quit, you play with me like last week and you are not sensible to that. Please don't try to be a men you are not. You work for the league and you put your feelings on track giving hard times. I was ahead of you in the Q the mini cooper you remember what you did after... After all that time you finally decided to say the truth about your feeling about me. You should stop doing pillow talk, trust me you aren't professional

Nothing was done to intentionally leave you out of a race. The first time you left, Wolf accidently hit the button to start the race. He told you that upon your return. It was a mistake. My question to you would be why didn't you go in and watch the first race and make sure you could see the right number of cars during that race? It would also help your case if you would actually go to turn one, stop and see how many cars you see on track. If you can't see the same number of cars, you need to speak up instead of trying to hot lap around the track. When everyone in the room says how many they can see and we ask if anyone can't see that number they should speak up, the host needs to hear your voice or the race is going to start. If you're going to type your messages, you need to get on track and type how many you can see. When you wait until everybody else is ready to start and the room is silent, it's too late to start typing a message. By the time you finish typing, the host will have started the race.

The second time you were getting ready to leave you posted that you were leaving at the same time that the race was started. This goes back to letting us know that you can't see everyone asap. If you're going to type instead of use voice, you need to get to turn one and park and count drivers. Tell us immediately how many drivers you see. If you let us know that, we will be happy to let you exit and try and fix it.

That is kind of what the system does. It will predict where the car is supposed to be based on the speed and direction it was travelling the last time it relayed it's position to the other drivers. The problem is when the game predicts one thing and the driver does another. That is when you get the game correcting it's prediction and you see the sideways movement and cars sliding all over the place. The game has predicted that you will go from point A to point B but you actually went to point C by the time you relayed your position to other cars so the game moves you from point B to point C as quickly as possible.
I saw everybody but I lagged a little bit and the next race I didnt lag. Im hosting room a lot of times for longtime and I don't lag, I have reset my router this day and make myself ready for this night and everytime wolf host I got problem while Ice I dont. For the 2nd race, I said I dont see unleashed and type 8 it wasn't a accident and you like me so much for wait for me a little bit.

Last edited:
Who said I'll quit, you play with me like last week and you are not sensible to that. Please don't try to be a men you are not. You work for the league and you put your feelings on track giving hard times. I was ahead of you in the Q the mini cooper you remember what you did after... After all that time you finally decided to say the truth about your feeling about me. You should stop doing pillow talk, trust me you aren't professional

@JoeW let it go or take it to a private message.

Drgreenthumb you have been around long enough to know that we don't bring up racing incidents in the thread. If you want to discuss a two week old incident report that didn't go your way, talk to your division steward in private.

I saw everybody but I lagged a little bit and the next race I didnt lag. Im hosting room a lot of times for longtime and I don't lag, I have reset my router this day and make myself ready for this night and everytime wolf host I got problem while Ice I dont. For the 2nd race it wasn't a accident and you like me so much for wait for me a little bit.

Don't call Wolfsatz a liar. He said he accidently started the race and I have no reason to believe anything different. None of that changes the fact that you continue to drive around the track before the start of races when you should be sitting in turn one checking that you can see everyone and then letting the room know if you can't. I can't help but think you might be able to type faster if you weren't trying to hot lap.

One of my first nights in a new division, we lined up at turn one and made sure that everyone could see the same number of drivers. I was missing one or two. I told the host/director that I was missing people, and said that I was exiting and coming back, but when I came back (within a minute) they had started the race. Then a couple of races later, someone else had the same thing happen but everyone waited for them this time. I was ****ing pissed. But oh well, I moved on. :(
The 2nd was on purpose all the way and I heard some1 who said I have waited for you when it wasn't true he gave me 5sec, after missing the 1st I think it was right to just have letting me go on the 2nd race.

@JoeW let it go or take it to a private message.

Drgreenthumb you have been around long enough to know that we don't bring up racing incidents in the thread. If you want to discuss a two week old incident report that didn't go your way, talk to your division steward in private.

Don't call Wolfsatz a liar. He said he accidently started the race and I have no reason to believe anything different. None of that changes the fact that you continue to drive around the track before the start of races when you should be sitting in turn one checking that you can see everyone and then letting the room know if you can't. I can't help but think you might be able to type faster if you weren't trying to hot lap.
Hey JL, I was out of mind and wasn't doing a hotlap, I was just pushing the gaz to run because I was feeling badly. For the last combo I quit even if I wasnt lagging. Can you explain me the 2nd race at suzuki. I can understand 1st race but the 2nd race was too much.

Hey JL, I was out of mind and wasn't doing a hotlap, I was just pushing the gaz to run because I was feeling badly. For the last combo I quit even if I wasnt lagging. Can you explain me the 2nd race at suzuki.

I already have explained what I know about the second race, twice. If you need it explained again, start a conversation with me and quit cluttering up the thread.

"How about those results, huh?", he asks acting like there wasn't just a domestic at the dinner table. :P

@Munch2487, I totally thought you won last night based on best overall positions, dat pole bonus :scared: Great racing, man.

Just one more edit: Wow... looks like someone from D8 is getting a promotion soon :lol:

Last edited:
Thank you @jobyone and @Dragonwhisky for your help today getting me sorted out in the data entry stuff. I believe that all the data besides Race 1 is entered correctly for WC division. I don't have race one replay because I am dumb and forgot I had a job to do. :) Great racing in WC last night though guys and the results prove that we have a pretty good competitive division going. @Neovre is on a whole different planet though but he's great to race with, a gentleman indeed.

Hope you do well and enjoy the experience. The WRS sounds very tight and highly talented.
Hell man I'm NEVER growing up....WHY? As to enjoying the experience... these guys are good and as fair as can be....its SNAIL all in one class but the Div one guys...just like most of ours... are helpful..and its made up mostly of average well experienced guys who love racing each other week in and week out. When I asked the best place to race with my peers and to learn good race craft they sent me here ...now ... I can race with some of them and enjoy it allot more. I debated the GP this weekend and then said what the hell the event will be fun. Complete with announcer and they are prepared to run two rooms. 1st room Div 1 and 2 2d room the rest. Like here there is always someone to race with.

SNAILSPECRACINGlightfromtheleft (1).jpg

To all current scorekeepers, @fizzer , @dabneyd , @Troggy , @nmcp1 , @quattpequatt , @intoflatlines , @Schmiggz , @cmbeal317 , @Handlebar , @ExoSphere64 , @goofytyler . @KTR5 , @tevesh2 , @joe_diben , @malachi666 , @jaybocc2, @Neovre , @Ryan F and anyone who might be interested in picking up this ball for their respective current or future division, this link is a short tutorial on what we want done Sunday night. No more, no less. Please review and if any of you have any questions, please let me know.

Thank you.

If I missed anyone that is currently filling in this role for their division, you can blame Exosphere and yourselves for not keeping the TEAM SNAIL roster up to date.

I already have explained what I know about the second race, twice. If you need it explained again, start a conversation with me and quit cluttering up the thread.
Im done and you have explained the 2nd race but Im still not get it, it was a brb of 30 second and I said I dont see unleashed with the numbers of drivers. Anyway like I said Im done. I think I was just very unlucky but for the 2nd race it was something I'll remember by on purpose because the guy shouldn't say we had wait for you when 5sec after the race was start. Waiting 5sec its ignoring him in my languages.

Last edited:
Back