◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,415 comments
To all current scorekeepers, @fizzer , @dabneyd , @Troggy , @nmcp1 , @quattpequatt , @intoflatlines , @Schmiggz , @cmbeal317 , @Handlebar , @ExoSphere64 , @goofytyler . @KTR5 , @tevesh2 , @joe_diben , @malachi666 , @jaybocc2, @Neovre , @Ryan F and anyone who might be interested in picking up this ball for their respective current or future division, this link is a short tutorial on what we want done Sunday night. No more, no less. Please review and if any of you have any questions, please let me know.

Thank you.

If I missed anyone that is currently filling in this role for their division, you can blame Exosphere and yourselves for not keeping the TEAM SNAIL roster up to date.

Google Docs is having a tantrum like a 2 year old. I guess I'll try later.

Last edited:
To all current scorekeepers, @fizzer , @dabneyd , @Troggy , @nmcp1 , @quattpequatt , @intoflatlines , @Schmiggz , @cmbeal317 , @Handlebar , @ExoSphere64 , @goofytyler . @KTR5 , @tevesh2 , @joe_diben , @malachi666 , @jaybocc2, @Neovre , @Ryan F and anyone who might be interested in picking up this ball for their respective current or future division, this link is a short tutorial on what we want done Sunday night. No more, no less. Please review and if any of you have any questions, please let me know.

Thank you.

If I missed anyone that is currently filling in this role for their division, you can blame Exosphere and yourselves for not keeping the TEAM SNAIL roster up to date.

@Dragonwhisky I filled in the gap data aswell, does this cause issues?

@Dragonwhisky I filled in the gap data aswell, does this cause issues?

With google docs acting like it does some days, like today, it can. The first time I tried to copy the sheets over tonight it failed after a few sheets. I can't say for certain that having more data in there than is necessary caused the failure, but the less we have to transfer, the better.

Warning to the folks in D7. I am not seeing your replays in any location as required and will make any prize candidate from your division ineligible to win. You have approximately 7 minutes to get those replays up.

@Dragonwhisky excessive calculations in docs spreadsheets can break things. My team at Google was doing heavy calculations in a spreadsheet (dumb) and constantly adding pages and we were told to knock it off and split our spreadsheet up into regions.

Ultimately reducing the total size of the spreadsheets can help in these situations.

@Dragonwhisky excessive calculations in docs spreadsheets can break things. My team at Google was doing heavy calculations in a spreadsheet (dumb) and constantly adding pages and we were told to knock it off and split our spreadsheet up into regions.

Ultimately reducing the total size of the spreadsheets can help in these situations.

So separating the spreadsheets into each division would help out?

Here are the unofficial results from our league night on May 18, 2014

If you believe that another driver exhibited poor racecraft or is guilty of an S.N.A.I.L. OLR violation, please file a Racing Incident Report by 11pm Eastern / 8pm Pacific tonight. Be sure to follow the instructions precisely or your submission might not be addressed! If you're undecided on whether or not you should file an incident, please remember that clean racing is not only your right, it's also your responsibility and something that we all need to be accountable for. 👍

Click here for this season's points standings and scroll down for comprehensive race data

Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to retrieve it

Division 1
  1. dgafaboutany1420 -- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 80 (72.58 for prize purposes only)
  2. Klutch-D ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. martin20az -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. PTslopoke --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. msgt-sd ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. fizzer82 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. dangerzone641 ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. GTP_Benz-27 ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  10. MM-leadfoot ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  11. redsoxboy80 ------- did not submit a vote

Division 2
  1. floydlovesbritt3 -- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 88 (70.85 for prize purposes only)
  2. x3n0-asx ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. Kgffy28 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. dirttrackj -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. Xrad-11 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. GTP_Michelin9960 -- did not submit a vote
  7. VrapPlus ---------- did not submit a vote

Division 3
  1. Rednose58 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 84 (72.72 for Prize C)
  2. Ice_Warden -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. Unleashed159 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. dragonwhisky ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. intoflatlines ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. jlbowler ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. turnupdaheat ------ did not submit a vote
  8. Wolfsatz ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. Drrgreenthumb67 --- did not submit a vote
  10. Hu_Fling_Du ------- did not submit a vote

Division 4
  1. GTP_Severn -------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 87 (72.30 for prize purposes only)
  2. Munch2487 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. II-NOVA-II -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. TEX-36 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. canuckleheadII ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. Grandpas_Money ---- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. MajorBlixem ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. whatbadgerseat ---- voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. Schmiggz ---------- did not submit a vote

Division 5
  1. Mirado_7 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 85.1 (73.04 for Prize B)
  2. USERID_77a23 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. Volcoman3 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. chatva ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. ExoSphere64 ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. HandlebarMustash -- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. cmbeal317 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. GTP_lousteezy ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. JJLopez_427 ------- voted to eliminate Round 2

Division 6
  1. alienxgamer25 ----- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 84 (73.05 for Prize A)
  2. racingchamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. rob1nh000d -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. ShrumpRacer86 ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. CoachMK21 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. Nail-27 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. euclid58 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. race_emhard ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. Piler ------------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  10. goofytyler1995 ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
  11. DigiImprov -------- did not submit a vote

Division 7
  1. SHOCKY_WELLHELL --- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 88 (would have won a prize, but D7 replays were not uploaded in time)
  2. Ogg_42 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. singlepaddy ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. Sharkb8ii --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. wvhellbilly369 ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. tevesh2 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. JCsSoldier -------- voted to eliminate Round 3

Division 8
  1. aeroliteflight ---- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 100 (ineligible for prizes)
  2. PICHON617 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. jaybocc2 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. FBR_Steve --------- voted to eliminate Round 3

West Coast
  1. Neovre ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  2. CDNbossCDN -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. JoeH187 ----------- did not submit a vote
  4. jobyone71 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. T-n-T-2000 -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. RinnFah ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Suzuki GSX-R/4 '01 (Sport Medium tires) at Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit (7 laps)
Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @aliengamer25 wins Prize A, they get to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Subaru BRZ GT300 Base Model '12 (Race Hard tires) at Grand Valley Speedway (6 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @Mirado_7 gets Prize B, he has the option to "freeze" the car or the track, or he can give that option to the Prize C winner. If he gives the "freeze" away, then he gets to decide what car or track replaces the part of the combo that is left unfrozen by the Prize C winner.

Prize C goes to @Rednose58 so he would normally get whichever option the Prize B winner does not select.

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your car and/or track selection until all racing complaints are filed and you are given the "all clear" to announce your selection. It's also important that you review our Car/Track History so that you can see a complete history of how many times we've raced each car and track (just scroll to the right of that tab). Please remember that originality is always appreciated. Therefore, picking cars and tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required). Most importanty, make sure you thoroughly test any combo that you are considering before making it your official selection. For example, the car should not hit its rev limiter at any point during the race (even in the draft).

Car Selection Guidelines
Dealership Cars - The maximum price for a selected car is now $1,000,000
DLC Cars - Only DLC cars that are FREE and currently still available in the PlayStation Store can be selected.

Track Selection Guidelines
Any non-DLC track can be selected as long as a single lap with the car combo'd with it would not take more than five minutes to complete. For example, don't select anything that includes the Nurburgring's Nordschleife.

IMPORTANT NOTE: When posting your Prize A or Prize B selection, please list the complete in-game name of the car and/or track you are selecting. For example, if you want to select the Amuse Superlegara for your car, post "Amuse Nismo 380 RS Superlagara". If you want to select Monza for a track, post "Autodromo Nazionale Monza". This makes it much easier for the lineup to be updated accurately and also prevents confusing other league members as to which car or track you are selecting.

Last edited:
FmeorCJ.png

Race Date: 18 May 2014

This week's prize winners are clear to make their selections. Good racing!

IR Submission Form is now closed.

We have 5 incidents on file. Deadline for reviews is NLT 10PM Eastern on Friday, May 23rd , 2014.
Banners by dabneyd

Last edited:

Be careful jay. You might get shanghaied, making statements like that.

Be careful jay. You might get shanghaied, making statements like that.

/me ducks and runs for cover.

He went atta way, doc >>>>>>>>

I was thinking for a moment that i could put together an application that uses a real database for tracking this sort of data, but i'm not sure this is something i have time to do in the short term. Lol.

I was thinking for a moment that i could put together an application that uses a real database for tracking this sort of data, but i'm not sure this is something i have time to do in the short term. Lol.

Send me a PSN FR please. We need to talk when you are available.

If that is the case, and I'm not saying it is or isn't, it's one more reason for everyone to give themselves some time to find the room on race night. If you have ever had and issue with friends only rooms not showing up, you should prepare for that to happen. Logging in 3 minutes before race time and trying to find the room is asking for problems. I was amazed last night at the number of people that posted either within five minutes of race time or well after race time that they couldn't find the room for their division.

Get your poop in a pile and give yourself 10 or 15 minutes to make sure you are going to be able to find the room. Like the old saying goes, failure to plan is planning to fail.

I had gotten in the habit of restarting system, router, etc about 15 mins before race start, as that seemed to work for about two months with zero issues (with regards to seeing the room and all others on track).

By the time everything comes back... T-minus 10 minutes. No friends rooms show at all. Not the end of the world. Plenty of time to try again.

By the time everything come back, t-minus 5 minutes. Still no room. Freak out!?!? Then hear advice to search by track. Suddenly I see three divisions.

Same thing happened last week and I missed race 1 on my 2nd restart. I wish I could go back in time and see if the track search would have worked.

Regardless, based on my experience, I think the right answer is to simply note in our procedures to "search by track prior to clearing cache, restarting, etc." That takes less time and may be a more reliable solution, at least with this current GT6 update/version.

The other issue is that when restarting router you can't post online. I'm generally trying to get everything booted back up ASAP and not taking the time to post issues in the thread until the last 5 mins when panic sets in. (This is in addition to making it clear in the Div convo that I'm coming to race). Seems others operate in the same mode.

So the lesson to be learned: do what works for you, but before the first router reset, tell your division you are coming. Then if you still have issues 5 mins before, let them know. That'll buy you the few extra mins you may need for one last restart. And if that fails, see you next week! ;-P

Last edited:

If you've got a host I can definitely help out with something like that... HTML/PHP/SQL backend used to be my thing (debugging code to prove it's the developers problem and not my systems' fault their stuff isn't working is more what I do now)

Hell man I'm NEVER growing up....WHY? As to enjoying the experience... these guys are good and as fair as can be....its SNAIL all in one class but the Div one guys...just like most of ours... are helpful..and its made up mostly of average well experienced guys who love racing each other week in and week out. When I asked the best place to race with my peers and to learn good race craft they sent me here ...now ... I can race with some of them and enjoy it allot more. I debated the GP this weekend and then said what the hell the event will be fun. Complete with announcer and they are prepared to run two rooms. 1st room Div 1 and 2 2d room the rest. Like here there is always someone to race with.
Cya at the races this weekend 👍

@zer05ive

You've got alien listed as winner of prize C in the D6 results, then lower down say he's prize A. Skimming the divisions, looks like you need to update the D6 section to list him as "A" instead of "C".

Thank you @jobyone and @Dragonwhisky for your help today getting me sorted out in the data entry stuff. I believe that all the data besides Race 1 is entered correctly for WC division. I don't have race one replay because I am dumb and forgot I had a job to do. :) Great racing in WC last night though guys and the results prove that we have a pretty good competitive division going. @Neovre is on a whole different planet though but he's great to race with, a gentleman indeed.
Yea and will only be more so when @tezgm99 and @GranStand Bill are there although!

Here are the unofficial results from our league night on May 18, 2014

If you believe that another driver exhibited poor racecraft or is guilty of an S.N.A.I.L. OLR violation, please file a Racing Incident Report by 11pm Eastern / 8pm Pacific tonight. Be sure to follow the instructions precisely or your submission might not be addressed! If you're undecided on whether or not you should file an incident, please remember that clean racing is not only your right, it's also your responsibility and something that we all need to be accountable for. 👍

Click here for this season's points standings and scroll down for comprehensive race data

Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to retrieve it

Division 1

• Klutch-D ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • martin20az -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • PTslopoke --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • msgt-sd ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • fizzer82 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • dangerzone641 ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
    • GTP_Benz-27 ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • MM-leadfoot ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • redsoxboy80 ------- did not submit a vote
Division 2

• x3n0-asx ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • Kgffy28 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • dirttrackj -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • Xrad-11 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • GTP_Michelin9960 -- did not submit a vote
    • VrapPlus ---------- did not submit a vote
Division 3

• Ice_Warden -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • Unleashed159 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
    • dragonwhisky ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
    • intoflatlines ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • jlbowler ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • turnupdaheat ------ did not submit a vote
    • Wolfsatz ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • Drrgreenthumb67 --- did not submit a vote
    • Hu_Fling_Du ------- did not submit a vote
Division 4

• Munch2487 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • II-NOVA-II -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • TEX-36 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
    • canuckleheadII ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • Grandpas_Money ---- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • MajorBlixem ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • whatbadgerseat ---- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • Schmiggz ---------- did not submit a vote
Division 5

• USERID_77a23 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
    • Volcoman3 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • chatva ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
    • ExoSphere64 ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • HandlebarMustash -- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • cmbeal317 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • GTP_lousteezy ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • JJLopez_427 ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
Division 6

• racingchamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • rob1nh000d -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • ShrumpRacer86 ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • CoachMK21 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • Nail-27 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • euclid58 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • race_emhard ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • Piler ------------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • goofytyler1995 ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • DigiImprov -------- did not submit a vote
Division 7

• Ogg_42 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
    • singlepaddy ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • Sharkb8ii --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • wvhellbilly369 ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • tevesh2 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • JCsSoldier -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
Division 8

• PICHON617 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • jaybocc2 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • FBR_Steve --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
West Coast

• Neovre ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
    • CDNbossCDN -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • JoeH187 ----------- did not submit a vote
    • jobyone71 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • T-n-T-2000 -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • RinnFah ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Ferrari 365 GTB4 '71 (Sport Medium tires) at Silverstone GP Circuit (5 laps)
Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @aliengamer25 wins Prize A, they get to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Subaru BRZ GT300 Base Model '12 (Race Hard tires) at Grand Valley Speedway (6 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @Mirado_7 gets Prize B, he has the option to "freeze" the car or the track, or he can give that option to the Prize C winner. If he gives the "freeze" away, then he gets to decide what car or track replaces the part of the combo that is left unfrozen by the Prize C winner.

Prize C goes to @Rednose58 so he would normally get whichever option the Prize B winner does not select.

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your car and/or track selection until all racing complaints are filed and you are given the "all clear" to announce your selection. It's also important that you review our Car/Track History so that you can see a complete history of how many times we've raced each car and track (just scroll to the right of that tab). Please remember that originality is always appreciated. Therefore, picking cars and tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required). Most importanty, make sure you thoroughly test any combo that you are considering before making it your official selection. For example, the car should not hit its rev limiter at any point during the race (even in the draft).

Car Selection Guidelines
Dealership Cars - The maximum price for a selected car is now $1,000,000
DLC Cars - Only DLC cars that are FREE and currently still available in the PlayStation Store can be selected.

Track Selection Guidelines
Any non-DLC track can be selected as long as a single lap with the car combo'd with it would not take more than five minutes to complete. For example, don't select anything that includes the Nurburgring's Nordschleife.

IMPORTANT NOTE: When posting your Prize A or Prize B selection, please list the complete in-game name of the car and/or track you are selecting. For example, if you want to select the Amuse Superlegara for your car, post "Amuse Nismo 380 RS Superlagara". If you want to select Monza for a track, post "Autodromo Nazionale Monza". This makes it much easier for the lineup to be updated accurately and also prevents confusing other league members as to which car or track you are selecting.

Is it me, or are there several mistakes in this? The Ferrari/Silverstone combo had 10 votes, which was the least. The other 2 tied with 26. @aliengamer25 is listed as getting Prize C, but it says he gets Prize A in the 2nd part, etc.

EDIT:
It looks like the top part lists 2 Prize C winners. @aliengamer25 should be the Prize A.

FIXED

Last edited:
If you've got a host I can definitely help out with something like that... HTML/PHP/SQL backend used to be my thing (debugging code to prove it's the developers problem and not my systems' fault their stuff isn't working is more what I do now)
Oh my. Another one to hogtie! Same request goes to you that I extended to jaybocc. Please send me a PSN FR. We might all 3 need to talk.

D5 results and votes are in. D5 Replays uploaded also.

Heck, @Oshawa-Joe I'm here 2+ years. I can't find the link, but I'm sitting (behind several others... @cmbeal317 koff koff... at least night wise, not podiums!) About 80 nights, zero weekly wins, I am not sure how to check, but I'd bet on zero poles, and maybe 50 podiums total. My sympathy violin can be pretty small, I guess.

I wasn't complaining and especially not looking for any sympathy(if the violin is directed at me) Simply reviewing the stats that were readily available to show that even with those stats (better than I expected them to be) I have no expectation of participating in the RoC and it doesn't bother me in the least. My point is and was that someone that has been racing perhaps less than a year, may perhaps allow themselves a little more time to achieve some of their goals.

Is it me, or are there several mistakes in this? The Ferrari/Silverstone combo had 10 votes, which was the least. The other 2 tied with 26. @aliengamer25 is listed as getting Prize C, but it says he gets Prize A in the 2nd part, etc.

EDIT:
It looks like the top part lists 2 Prize C winners. @aliengamer25 should be the Prize A.

Looks like someone mixed up the same thing we did @TEX36
I knew we didn't both think Silverstone was the first combo purely by chance... :lol:

Also: I was that close to a prize! I thought I might've had a shot at this one :lol:

Last edited:
@zer05ive

You've got alien listed as winner of prize C in the D6 results, then lower down say he's prize A. Skimming the divisions, looks like you need to update the D6 section to list him as "A" instead of "C".
Good call out. There was quite a bit of shuffling with this week's prize winners, which means a lot of editing on my part. Got it corrected now. 👍

EDIT:
Yeah Round 1 and Round 3 actually tied for the most elimination votes, so the combos didn't populate and I did it manually (by going to the tie-breaker). It's corrected now, but let me know if you see any other errors.

I'm so relieved, Sunday was only my third ever online race, second with you guys, and after the results last night I was fretting about maybe having to pick something for next week, then I saw "ineligable for prizes" and went "YES"!!!
I'm having an absolute blast, all of you who are organizing and volunteering your time, a big thank you. Once I get a few more rounds in I will definitly be offering help.
Cheers.

I'm so relieved, Sunday was only my third ever online race, second with you guys, and after the results last night I was fretting about maybe having to pick something for next week, then I saw "ineligable for prizes" and went "YES"!!!
I'm having an absolute blast, all of you who are organizing and volunteering your time, a big thank you. Once I get a few more rounds in I will definitly be offering help.
Cheers.

We definitely need some help in D8, @aerolite

I'm bummed myself... once you figured that car out you realized you could actually thrash it and full throttle through pretty much every corner at the Hatch. Grip for days so long as you keep your foot all the way down on the gas :lol:

For me it was a wild beast. As long you gave your best with it, total concentration and respect, it would give you back lots of fun. But if you get on it's wrong side, then BAM! Hello grass, spin and crash. :lol:

Back