◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,413 comments
Don't forget a lot are cut from the lineup due to price cap
Have you looked at how few cars are over $1mil? It's a few hundred out of 1200. Just saying I joined his league when it promoted variety. I do not have to race here and yes I am grumbling. But come on show some originality!

I tried it and honestly I couldn't find a track that met its match real well, and Monza is well could be used for something else later on.

I tried it and honestly I couldn't find a track that met its match real well, and Monza is well could be used for something else later on.
It's not the track and I am sure the combo will be great. I truly feel that all the combos we race are fun. I am not criticizing the combo. Just that we raced that car 3 months ago:(

Just a fun fact all the Vision Gran Turismo cars have been German.
you can be relied on to get things done on time!

Heaven is where the police are British, the lovers French, the mechanics German, the chefs Italian, and it is all organized by the Swiss.
Hell is where the police are German, the lovers Swiss, the mechanics French, the chefs British, and it is all organized by the Italians.

It's not the track and I am sure the combo will be great. I truly feel that all the combos we race are fun. I am not criticizing the combo. Just that we raced that car 3 months ago:(

I realize that but we have a lot of new guys who haven't raced it and since it has been since the middle of february I gave it consideration with a new track. Now if would have been since late March or April then yea i wouldnt have chose that at all. I still have plenty of things in my mind for the future so.

And yes hopefully it comes out Friday and we can see it next time.

@Jakedog23

I realize that but we have a lot of new guys who haven't raced it and since it has been since the middle of february I gave it consideration with a new track. Now if would have been since late March or April then yea i wouldnt have chose that at all. I still have plenty of things in my mind for the future so.

And yes hopefully it comes out Friday and we can see it next time.

@Jakedog23
Don't worry it will VW's official site says May 23, 2014. So all I can really hope for is the Senna content on the 27th

Don't worry it will VW's official site says May 23, 2014. So all I can really hope for is the Senna content on the 27th

But hey look at it this way if we have Senna content that's two new versions of tracks we can run and possibly a Kart.

GTA update: 2:15.486 good enough for 40th in the US. I'm positive I can get a 2:14, but those 2:12s are unreal.
I was keeping pace with you till the downhill. Ended with a 2:16.6 but I know I can get in the low 15s.

Yep, those 2:12's are outa this world. I lose most of my time through the twisty down-hill section. Penalties are BRUTAL! Currently at 2:15.479

I noticed the penalties are very touchy this time, I barely got my tire over the edge of the white line. Just the left from maybe an inch in the twisties and got a penalty. Screwed the pooch on a good lap. :banghead:

I was keeping pace with you till the downhill. Ended with a 2:16.6 but I know I can get in the low 15s.
For the run down the mountain, tap your brakes at the top of the hill, straighten the car out then slam on your brakes and shift down to 2nd for the next right hander, hug the track to the right, aim for the left hander and immediately shift to 3rd and you can take the next left hander flat out, shift up to 4th before the next right hander, tap brakes make the car slide a little and shift down to third, tap the gas then brake hard and shift to 2nd, hug the wall on the left and try to get in the throttle early.

Speaking of penalties, I got one in turn two for having two wheels in the inside rumble strip for too long, rather odd.

Last edited:
LOL, you think the Suzuki was difficult on Brands Hatch. But, put me down for the challenge.

Suzuki wasn't difficult at all I thought I used in all the time in GT5 time trials and seasonals so that why I picked it. I thought it was easy enough just required finesse.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

2:13 is right there and I keep screwing up here and there! Although those crashes on the mountain do look pretty spectacular. Not sure how many times I did the same crash the GTR GT3 did earlier this year at the top of the mountain...

Time to do something else before I get back to it I guess...

Okay SNAILs, it's that time again! One of you is going to win a GranStand Wheel Stand this weekend!

Based on the rules of the contest, here are the finalists for the GranStand Challenge III as well as how many picks they've earned:

@JWalker --------- 5 picks
@Kgffy ----------- 5 picks
@speer9892003 ---- 5 picks
@fizzer ---------- 5 picks
@Nicktune -------- 5 picks
@Sharkb8ii ------- 5 picks
@wvhellbilly ----- 5 picks
@Xradkins -------- 5 picks
@KTR5 ------------ 4 picks
@ExoSphere64 ----- 4 picks
@Grandpa Money --- 4 picks
@hooker4 --------- 4 picks
@JLBowler -------- 4 picks
@Mirado_7 -------- 4 picks
@racingchamp30 --- 4 picks
@goofytyler ------ 4 picks 3 picks
@intoflatlines --- 4 picks 3 picks
@Piler ----------- 4 picks 3 picks
@cmbeal317 ------- 3 picks
@serge19 --------- 3 picks
@dgaf95integra --- 3 picks 2 picks
@Nish ------------ 3 picks 2 picks
@ATLskydiver ----- 3 picks 2 picks
@GTP_unleashed --- 3 picks 2 picks
@Wolfsatz -------- 3 picks 2 picks
@Dragonwhisky ---- 3 picks 2 picks
@martin20az ------ 3 picks 2 picks
@singlepaddy ----- 3 picks 2 picks

The number of picks that each finalist earned is based on the number of GranStand points they earned. The winning number will be determined by @GumballCGT's fastest lap during the Blancpain Endurance Series Race at Silverstone this Sunday.

Simply put, the very last two digits of his fastest lap during the race will be the winning number and the finalist who picked the same number will be declared the winner. For example, if the if the fastest lap during the race is 1:30:874, then the finalist who picked 74 would be the winner.

All of the finalists will be receiving a PM from me at some point on Tuesday morning. It will provide detailed instructions as well as brief terms and conditions for participating in the contest. You will be required to post your picks on the thread, but please do not do anything until you read my PM.

Good luck to all of you!! :gtpflag:

Last edited:
I don't really care what the PP on the Lotus 97T will be, just as long as I can turn it up to "11".

And to whoever wins the GranStand contest, you're gonna like it. Infinite adjustability, and a pretty comfortable seat.

As a prize A winner I have made my selection after a hard decision
and lots of testing tonight. I shall choose.......

Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca as the track and as the car I am choosing the....

Mazda RX-7 Touring Car

Should be on Racing Hards - Dealership PP is 569 and it has full downforce and is set up as a race car.

After Oil Change - 577PP/486HP

8 full laps @ 10min and 30sec roughly

@zer05ive

And yes its paintable this time guys :bowdown:
i see why some of the old timers in SNAIL get mad. the data provided wouldve shown that this car was just used 3 months ago. and besides race cars there are those normal cars that work great just saying

I actually liked that RX-7...

If we need a great car to race, I suggest fully tuned Daihatsu Midgets.

capturemurdermidget-jpg.94911

^ That one is angry, to the point of being Murderous.

EDIT: Or, if we can't race those, I suggest something from the other end of the spectrum, like this.

Last edited:
Back