◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,415 comments
I have a technical question about accidents.

I was going to try to pass someone, and they moved over either to block me or take a different line, but my front end was already past there bumper, so as they pulled over they hit my front bumper with their rear and spun out. I pulled over and waited for them, did I need to? I did not technically cause it, but I know the lead car has the right of way. What do you say?

Had the same issue at Grand Valley with the Subaru I had more than overlap going into a turn and the driver came over on top of me which threw me into the wall we both spun but I had mine more controlled so I kept going because it was clearly his fault because he had the reason "I didn't see you"

I was going to try to pass someone, and they moved over either to block me or take a different line, but my front end was already past there bumper, so as they pulled over they hit my front bumper with their rear and spun out. I pulled over and waited for them, did I need to? I did not technically cause it, but I know the lead car has the right of way. What do you say?
Please read this, paying special attention to Section 7 paragraph B. If this applies to the situation you described it should answer your question.

As defined in that section, your front end, past their bumper, at their turn in, is not considered sufficient overlap.

Any time an incident occurs and fault is in doubt, it is always considered good sportsmanship for the affected parties to allow each other to get under way and then try it again and do it better.

Please read this, paying special attention to Section 7 paragraph B. If this applies to the situation you described it should answer your question.

As defined in that section, your front end, past their bumper, at their turn in, is not considered sufficient overlap.

Any time an incident occurs and fault is in doubt, it is always considered good sportsmanship for the affected parties to allow each other to get under way and then try it again and do it better.

When I read @JCsSoldier's description, I picture it being on a straight, not during or just prior to turn in. Does the same principle apply?

Hello, Can i join this league? I will be a part time participant.
Yes, we have room for more. Welcome! Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. Send a PSN friend request to the Race Director or Primary Host from your assigned SNAIL Division. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Here are the unofficial results from our league night on June 1, 2014

If you believe that another driver exhibited poor racecraft or is guilty of an S.N.A.I.L. OLR violation, please file a Racing Incident Report by 11pm Eastern / 8pm Pacific tonight. Be sure to follow the instructions precisely or your submission might not be addressed! If you're undecided on whether or not you should file an incident, please remember that clean racing is not only your right, it's also your responsibility and something that we all need to be accountable for. 👍
Click here for this season's points standings and scroll down for comprehensive race data
Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to retrieve it
Division 1
  1. martin20az -------- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 91 (83.42 for Prize A)
  2. redsoxboy80 ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. fizzer82 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. msgt-sd ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. MM-leadfoot ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. PTslopoke --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. chuyler1 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. Klutch-D ---------- did not submit a vote
  10. dgafaboutany1420 -- voted to eliminate Round 1
Division 2
  1. Kgffy28 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 91 (82.96 for Prize B)
  2. floydlovesbritt3 -- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. QwietStorm03 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. VrapPlus ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. GTP_Michelin9960 -- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. nmcp1 ------------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. AG07WRXTR --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. dirttrackj -------- did not submit a vote
Division 3
  1. Unleashed159 ------ voted to eliminate Round 1 - 84 (74.67 for prize purposes only)
  2. Rednose58 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. dragonwhisky ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. Drrgreenthumb67 --- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. jlbowler ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. turnupdaheat ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. Wolfsatz ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. hooker4 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. GrimGrnninGhost --- did not submit a vote
Division 4
  1. Grandpas_Money ---- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 86 (74.94 for prize purposes only)
  2. canuckleheadII ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. TEX-36 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. MajorBlixem ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. II-NOVA-II -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. Wardenclyffe ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. Schmiggz ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. Driftin_Assassin -- voted to eliminate Round 2
Division 5
  1. Volcoman3 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 89 (82.40 for Prize C)
  2. Mirado_7 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. chatva ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. ExoSphere64 ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. USERID_77a23 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. imjimeez44 -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. JJLopez_427 ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. HandlebarMustash -- voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. zii1993 ----------- did not submit a vote
  10. GTP_lousteezy ----- did not submit a vote
  11. cmbeal317 --------- did not submit a vote
Division 6
  1. alienxgamer25 ----- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 84 (75.33 for prize purposes only)
  2. rob1nh000d -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. hognhominy -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. racingchamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. Joe_DiBen --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. Piler ------------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. Nail-27 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. euclid58 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. race_emhard ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  10. ShrumpRacer86 ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
  11. JakeDog23 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
Division 7
  1. singlepaddy ------- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 85 (70.36 for prize purposes only)
  2. tevesh2 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. blueninjacivic ---- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. SHOCKY_WELLHELL --- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. Sharkb8ii --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. JCsSoldier -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. dcallnight -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. wvhellbilly369 ---- voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. Ogg_42 ------------ did not submit a vote
Division 8
  1. aeroliteflight ---- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 98 (ineligible for prizes)
  2. jaybocc2 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. PICHON617 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. FBR_Steve --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
West Coast
  1. CDNbossCDN -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  2. tezgm99 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. T-n-T-2000 -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 1 - Mitsubishi 3000GT MR (J) '98 (Sport Medium tires) at Grand Valley Speedway (5 laps)
Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @martin20az wins Prize A, they get to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.
The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Round 3 - Mazda RX-7 Touring Car (Race Hard tires) at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca (8 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @Kgffy gets Prize B, he has the option to "freeze" the car or the track, or he can give that option to the Prize C winner. If he gives the "freeze" away, then he gets to decide what car or track replaces the part of the combo that is left unfrozen by the Prize C winner.
Prize C goes to @kadrek so he gets whichever option the Prize B winner does not select.

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your car and/or track selection until all racing complaints are filed and you are given the "all clear" to announce your selection. It's also important that you review our Car/Track History so that you can see a complete history of how many times we've raced each car and track (just scroll to the right of that tab). Please remember that originality is always appreciated. Therefore, picking cars and tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required). Most importanty, make sure you thoroughly test any combo that you are considering before making it your official selection. For example, the car should not hit its rev limiter at any point during the race (even in the draft).
Car Selection Guidelines
Dealership Cars - The maximum price for a selected car is now $1,000,000
DLC Cars - Only DLC cars that are FREE and currently still available in the PlayStation Store can be selected.
Track Selection Guidelines
Any non-DLC track can be selected as long as a single lap with the car combo'd with it would not take more than five minutes to complete. For example, don't select anything that includes the Nurburgring's Nordschleife.
IMPORTANT NOTE: When posting your Prize A or Prize B selection, please list the complete in-game name of the car and/or track you are selecting. For example, if you want to select the Amuse Superlegara for your car, post "Amuse Nismo 380 RS Superlagara". If you want to select Monza for a track, post "Autodromo Nazionale Monza". This makes it much easier for the lineup to be updated accurately and also prevents confusing other league members as to which car or track you are selecting.

Last edited:
GT Academy 2014
ROUND 4

Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 @ Spa-Francorchamps

Punch your ticket to the big show.

We're only 30 hours into round 4, but the SNAILs are out in semi-full force.

There are 9 listed in the top 32 (top 28 USA go to the semi-finals) at the moment. If you're not listed, fill out a form and get on our list!

US Rank (there are at least 2 in the top 32 that I know aren't eligible - @Doodle and @martin20az - any others?)
3- @Adventuruss
6- @msgt-sd
9- @fizzer
17- @K1utch
19- @Neovre
20- @martin20az
22- @dgaf95integra
31- @ParkerMO125
32- @gmraces

33- @GumballCGT
36- @GTP_Compton3

SUBMISSION FORM

DATABASE

GT Academy Round 4 USA Rankings - Top 250

I will sort and remove each individuals slower submission each night.

Last edited:
FmeorCJ.png

Race Date: 1 June 2014

This week's prize winners are clear to make their selections. Good racing!

IR Submission Form is now closed.

We have 7 incidents on file. Deadline for reviews is NLT 10PM Eastern on Friday, June 6th , 2014.
Banners by dabneyd

Last edited:
Race of Champions
May Season
June 6, 2014
9:30 pm ET

Here is a list by division of the ranked drivers.

PLEASE CONFIRM IF YOU CAN OR CAN'T ATTEND

If a driver who is listed has a racing incident filed against them, they may be excluded from the event.

Format:

3 x 20 minute races
Race 1-
Starting position determined by division in reverse order (D8, D7, D6, etc). WC will be placed in appropriate starting position based on ability.
Race 2 & 3- Reverse grid

15 drivers + 1 host (@Wolfsatz)

Division 1
1- @martin20az (6)
2- @redsoxboy80
alt6- @ptslopoke

Division 2
3- @Kgffy (1)
4- @Xradkins (6)
alt9- @msgt-sd

Division 3
5- @Dragonwhisky (6)
6- @Drgreenthumb977
alt8- @JoeW

Division 4
7- @Grandpa Money
8- @llNovall
alt7- @TEX36

Division 5
9- @Mirado_7
10- @USERID_77a23 (4)
alt4- @kadrek
alt12- @ExoSphere64

Division 6
11- @aliengamer25 (6)
12- @rob1nh000d
alt5- @euclid58
alt13- @KTR5

Division 7
13- @jamilla
alt2- @SHOCKY_WELL
alt11- @tevesh2

Division 8
14- @aerolite
alt1- @jaybocc2
alt10- @Pichon617

West Coast
15- @Ryan F
alt3 - PSN: T-N-T-2000 - if someone knows his GTP ID, please let me know
alt12- @Neovre

Confirmed drivers will be in bold
Scratched drivers will be crossed out

Alternate ranking determined by:
1- D7/D8/WC in order of points scored for the month (since only 1 entrant is guaranteed).
2- D1-D6 3rd place finishers in order of points scored for the month
3- D7/D8/WC 3rd place finishers in order of points scored for the month

COMBO Selection

1- Subaru BRZ GT300 Base Model '12 at Grand Valley Speedway (3 weeks)
---

2- Ferrari 365 GTB4 '71 at Silverstone GP Circuit (2 weeks and currently active)
--- 503 PP / 363 HP / SM tires

All non-alternates, please vote for one of the following combo's to complete the night. Each combo only raced once.

1- Toyota 2000GT '67 at Tokyo R246 (one and done) - 1

2- BMW 2002 Turbo '73 at Eiger Nordwand - Short Track / Reverse (one and done)

3- Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (C7) '14 at Tokyo R246 (one and done)

4- MINI COOPER S '11 at Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit (one and done) - 1

5- Suzuki GSX-R/4 '01 at Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit (one and done)

6- Mazda RX-7 Touring Car at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca (Active) - 4

I will continue update this post. Bookmark it to find it easily.

If I "Like" your post, I have recorded your decision and / or vote.

You know I'll be there. Rx7 at Seca is the obvious choice here as well. :sly:
Can't wait!:cheers:

The results post is posted above. Sorry for the lack of line breaks at the top and the bottom of the post, but it looks like GTP12 has yet another glitch that makes creating/editing long posts much more difficult than it should be. :grumpy:

Step 1: Post a request to join (do not PM me, just post your request on this thread) // I submit this as my request to join.

Step 2: Watch the thread for a reply to your post (it will include detailed Time Trial instructions) // Watching
Step 3: Purchase the three cars listed in the latest lineupbelow // Done
Step 4: Get an oil change on each car, but do not do anything else to the car (e.g. add parts or reduce weight) // Done
Step 5: On Sunday night, join the room number of the division you're are assigned to. It will be posted on this thread 15 minutes before the races start. // ???
If you are not sure which division you are assigned to, please check the Offical Driver List

Step 1: Post a request to join (do not PM me, just post your request on this thread) // I submit this as my request to join.

Step 2: Watch the thread for a reply to your post (it will include detailed Time Trial instructions) // Watching
Step 4: Get an oil change on each car, but do not do anything else to the car (e.g. add parts or reduce weight) // Done
Step 5: On Sunday night, join the room number of the division you're are assigned to. It will be posted on this thread 15 minutes before the races start. // ???
If you are not sure which division you are assigned to, please check the Offical Driver List

What's all this about?

Race of Champions
May Season
June 6, 2014

If a driver who is listed has a racing incident filed against them, they may be excluded from the event.

Format:

3 x 20 minute races
Race 1-
Starting position determined by division in reverse order (D8, D7, D6, etc). WC will be placed in appropriate starting position based on ability.
Race 2 & 3- Reverse grid

Division 1
1- @martin20az (6)
2- @redsoxboy80
alt6- @ptslopoke

Division 2
3- @Kgffy (1)
4- @Xradkins (6)
alt9- @msgt-sd

Division 3
5- @Dragonwhisky (6)
6- @Drgreenthumb977
alt8- @JoeW

Division 4
7- @Grandpa Money
8- @llNovall
alt7- @TEX36

Division 5
9- @Mirado_7 (6)
10- @USERID_77a23 (4)
alt4- @kadrek
alt12- @ExoSphere64

Division 6
11- @aliengamer25 (6)
12- @rob1nh000d
alt5- @euclid58
alt13- @KTR5

Division 7
13- @jamilla
alt2- @SHOCKY_WELL
alt11- @tevesh2

Division 8
14- @aerolite
alt1- @jaybocc2
alt10- @Pichon617

West Coast
15- @Ryan F (6)

alt12- @Neovre

1- D7/D8/WC in order of points scored for the month (since only 1 entrant is guaranteed).

COMBO Selection

---

2- Ferrari 365 GTB4 '71 at Silverstone GP Circuit (2 weeks and currently active)

All non-alternates, please vote for one of the following combo's to complete the night. Each combo only raced once.

6- Mazda RX-7 Touring Car at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca (Active) - 6

I would like to race, but will be out of town for the weekend. Good luck to all who attend.

I like your style...organized...I can pretty much guarantee he will know where to find the combos each week!

S.N.A.I.L. at the GTPLanet 24 Heures du Mans Update:

I have opened a private conversation with all the drivers who have shown interest in racing. If I have missed you, please let me know by quoting this post and I'll add you asap. As of now we have enough drivers for our allotted team, plus 1 reserve team. If we get one more person to join then we can add a second reserve team. We're also looking for team managers if anyone is interested in that.

No worries. It's my own fault. Or at least my computer's.. It chose the worst possible time to freeze up on me. :yuck:
Race of Champions
May Season
June 6, 2014

Format:

3 x 20 minute races
Race 1-
Race 2 & 3- Reverse grid

Division 1
1- @martin20az (6)
2- @redsoxboy80
alt6- @ptslopoke

Division 2
3- @Kgffy (1)
4- @Xradkins (6)
alt9- @msgt-sd

Division 3
5- @Dragonwhisky (6)
6- @Drgreenthumb977
alt8- @JoeW

Division 4
7- @Grandpa Money
8- @llNovall
alt7- @TEX36

Division 5
9- @Mirado_7 (6)
10- @USERID_77a23 (4)
alt4- @kadrek
alt12- @ExoSphere64

Division 6
11- @aliengamer25 (6)
12- @rob1nh000d
alt5- @euclid58
alt13- @KTR5

Division 7
13- @jamilla
alt2- @SHOCKY_WELL
alt11- @tevesh2

Division 8
14- @aerolite
alt1- @jaybocc2 - eligible to race via @llNovall
alt10- @Pichon617

West Coast
15- @Ryan F (6)

alt12- @Neovre

COMBO Selection

---

I'm new to all of this. Can someone explain to me what I'm supposed to do? My name is in this. :)
Thanks,
Tyson

I'm new to all of this. Can someone explain to me what I'm supposed to do? My name is in this. :)
Thanks,
Tyson

Thanks for posting, I wasn't sure what your GTP ID was. You're the 3rd alternate, which is actually the 2nd now, because one of the finalists can not attend. Just let me know if you can attend if 2 more spots open up. Until then, you don't need to do anything.

I'm
Race of Champions
May Season
June 6, 2014

Format:

3 x 20 minute races
Race 1-
Race 2 & 3- Reverse grid

Division 1
1- @martin20az (6)
2- @redsoxboy80
alt6- @ptslopoke

Division 2
3- @Kgffy (1)
4- @Xradkins (6)
alt9- @msgt-sd

Division 3
5- @Dragonwhisky (6)
6- @Drgreenthumb977
alt8- @JoeW

Division 4
7- @Grandpa Money
8- @llNovall
alt7- @TEX36

Division 5
9- @Mirado_7 (6)
10- @USERID_77a23 (4)
alt4- @kadrek
alt12- @ExoSphere64

Division 6
11- @aliengamer25 (6)
12- @rob1nh000d
alt5- @euclid58
alt13- @KTR5

Division 7
13- @jamilla
alt2- @SHOCKY_WELL
alt11- @tevesh2

Division 8
14- @aerolite
alt1- @jaybocc2 - eligible to race via @llNovall
alt10- @Pichon617

West Coast
15- @Ryan F (6)

alt3 - @RodeRuner1967
alt12- @Neovre

COMBO Selection

---

[/quot
Yes, I want to race and my vote is for Cooper at BH.
I'm away on business this week but flight is scheduled to have me home by 6pm Friday. What is process if flight is delayed and i cant make it in time,send a message as soon as I know?

Thanks for posting, I wasn't sure what your GTP ID was. You're the 3rd alternate, which is actually the 2nd now, because one of the finalists can not attend. Just let me know if you can attend if 2 more spots open up. Until then, you don't need to do anything.

I'll join if there is a spot open. :)

Back