◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,412 comments
@JLBowler what do you want the new price limit to be? Stay at $1,000,000 or go to $1,250,000.

I would have just PM'd you, but I'm trying to get to the next TOPP (that's short for Top-Of-Page-Post in case anyone wants to help me out :sly:)

This reminds me.
@zer05ive with your permission I was thinking of starting a Wednesday night series under the SNAIL banner running old combos. I have not hashed out the details yet, but if I see enough interest I would like to take on the task of organizing it all. We would run the same format as Sunday nights. Very informal, just for fun. Maybe call it throwback Wednesdays, or something like that.
Let me know if your really going to pursue this. I had just reached out to Zer05ive and JLBowler the other day about starting up a snail series on Wed nights and am in the middle of testing out concept. No since in doing it if your going to run with this as I dont want to have conflicting events. Let me know.
I'm only going to do it if I see enough interest. Whatever the case is, it sounds like you have first dibs on Wednesday night. I can pick another night 👍
@joe_diben, thanks for understanding. Please give @GGGMotorsport a day or two to formulate his format and gauge interest on the thread. He did in fact ask for permission to run a new Wednesday night series and I said yes. If his idea doesn't take hold, then you got next. Or, as you mentioned, you can pick another available night. 👍

Last edited:
Really for the triple post. I made a miscalculation and jumped the gun a bit. Mods, I would appreciate it if you don't delete this post. This was a one-time mistake. :nervous:

Here are the unofficial results from our league night on June 8, 2014

If you believe that another driver exhibited poor racecraft or is guilty of an S.N.A.I.L. OLR violation, please file a Racing Incident Report by 11pm Eastern / 8pm Pacific tonight. Be sure to follow the instructions precisely or your submission might not be addressed! If you're undecided on whether or not you should file an incident, please remember that clean racing is not only your right, it's also your responsibility and something that we all need to be accountable for. 👍

Click here for this season's points standings and scroll down for comprehensive race data

Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to retrieve it

Division 1
  1. martin20az -------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 88 (78.08 for prize purposes only)
  2. PTslopoke --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. fizzer82 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. MM-leadfoot ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. Intense420break --- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. msgt-sd ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. Neovre ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1

Division 2
  1. QwietStorm03 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3 - 82.1 (75.54 for prize purposes only)
  2. Kgffy28 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. chuyler1 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. Gouletzky --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. nmcp1 ------------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. AG07WRXTR --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. GTP_Michelin9960 -- did not submit a vote
  8. VrapPlus ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. Rednose58 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  10. FloptaStr8 -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  11. Unleashed159 ------ did not submit a vote
  12. Prodigy-Lilal27 --- did not submit a vote

Division 3
  1. jlbowler ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 88 (78.94 for Prize C)
  2. Drrgreenthumb67 --- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. tcrash15 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. dragonwhisky ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. Wolfsatz ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. turnupdaheat ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. GrimGrnninGhost --- did not submit a vote
  8. Lessenjr ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1

Division 4
  1. tenderly90 -------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 93 (Ineligible for Prizes)
  2. Grandpas_Money ---- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. Schmiggz ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. TEX-36 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. GTPL_LITECOIN ----- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. MajorBlixem ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. Wardenclyffe ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. canuckleheadII ---- voted to eliminate Round 3

Division 5
  1. chatva ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3 - 87 (81.34 for Prize A)
  2. alienxgamer25 ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. USERID_77a23 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. ExoSphere64 ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. imjimeez44 -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. shmibal43 --------- did not submit a vote
  7. Volcoman3 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. zii1993 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. HandlebarMustash -- voted to eliminate Round 3
  10. GTP_lousteezy ----- did not submit a vote
  11. EvoSpec10 --------- did not submit a vote

Division 6
  1. ShrumpRacer86 ----- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 78 (65.60 for prize purposes only)
  2. DigiImprov -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. racingchamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. hognhominy -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. CoachMK21 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. Piler ------------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. race_emhard ------- did not submit a vote
  8. Nail-27 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. euclid58 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  10. JakeDog23 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1

Division 7
  1. JCsSoldier -------- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 89 (79.85 for Prize B)
  2. singlepaddy ------- did not submit a vote
  3. aeroliteflight ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. tevesh2 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. Ogg_42 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. SHOCKY_WELLHELL --- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. speer9892007 ------ did not submit a vote
  8. Sharkb8ii --------- did not submit a vote
  9. wvhellbilly369 ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
  10. PICHON617 --------- did not submit a vote

West Coast
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 3 - SRT Viper GTS '13 (Sport Soft tires) at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca (8 laps)
Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @chatva wins Prize A, they get to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Round 2 - Ferrari 365 GTB4 '71 (Sport Medium tires) at Silverstone GP Circuit (5 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @McTrucker gets Prize B, he has the option to "freeze" the car or the track, or he can give that option to the Prize C winner. If he gives the "freeze" away, then he gets to decide what car or track replaces the part of the combo that is left unfrozen by the Prize C winner.

Prize C goes to @JLBowler so he gets whichever option the Prize B winner does not select.

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your car and/or track selection until all racing complaints are filed and you are given the "all clear" to announce your selection. It's also important that you review our Car/Track History so that you can see a complete history of how many times we've raced each car and track (just scroll to the right of that tab). Please remember that originality is always appreciated. Therefore, picking cars and tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required). Most importanty, make sure you thoroughly test any combo that you are considering before making it your official selection. For example, the car should not hit its rev limiter at any point during the race (even in the draft).

Car Selection Guidelines
Dealership Cars - The maximum price for a selected car is now $1,000,000
DLC Cars - Only DLC cars that are FREE and currently still available in the PlayStation Store can be selected.

Track Selection Guidelines
Any non-DLC track can be selected as long as a single lap with the car combo'd with it would not take more than five minutes to complete. For example, don't select anything that includes the Nurburgring's Nordschleife.

IMPORTANT NOTE: When posting your Prize A or Prize B selection, please list the complete in-game name of the car and/or track you are selecting. For example, if you want to select the Amuse Superlegara for your car, post "Amuse Nismo 380 RS Superlagara". If you want to select Monza for a track, post "Autodromo Nazionale Monza". This makes it much easier for the lineup to be updated accurately and also prevents confusing other league members as to which car or track you are selecting.

FmeorCJ.png

Race Date: 08 June 2014

This week's prize winners are clear to make their selections. Good racing!

IR Submission Form is now closed.

We have 2 incidents on file. Deadline for reviews is NLT 10PM Eastern on Friday, June 13th , 2014.
Banners by dabneyd

3 more what?:sly:
Wow close, almost ruined it!
Whew! Glad I was able to snag it just in time!

Btw, I replied to one of your posts on the previous page. I'm not sure if you received a notification because I only tagged you in the edit. In fact, I'd appreciate if you could let me know if you got a notification, because I've always wanted to confirm that notifications were generated if a user was tagged in an edit to a post in which he was not originally tagged (or replied to).

That might have got you banned for a week :)
:lol:

@JLBowler what do you want the new price limit to be? Stay at $1,000,000 or go to $1,250,000.

I would have just PM'd you, but I'm trying to get to the next TOPP (that's short for Top-Of-Page-Post in case anyone wants to help me out :sly:)

There are 1,084 cars to be chosen from that are 1 million CR. and under. Bumping the cap up to 1.25 million CR. would add 17 cars to that list. Going to 1.5 million adds 39 total cars and going to 2 million adds 83 cars to the 1084 that we already have.

I say we work through some of those 1084 before we raise the cap and when we do, we go up to 2 million so we would be adding a substantial number of cars.

There are 1,084 cars to be chosen from that are 1 million CR. and under. Bumping the cap up to 1.25 million CR. would add 17 cars to that list. Going to 1.5 million adds 39 total cars and going to 2 million adds 83 cars to the 1084 that we already have.

I say we work through some of those 1084 before we raise the cap and when we do, we go up to 2 million so we would be adding a substantial number of cars.

Bring it on, I have 24 mil just sitting around.

Here are the unofficial results from our league night on June 8, 2014

If you believe that another driver exhibited poor racecraft or is guilty of an S.N.A.I.L. OLR violation, please file a Racing Incident Report by 11pm Eastern / 8pm Pacific tonight. Be sure to follow the instructions precisely or your submission might not be addressed! If you're undecided on whether or not you should file an incident, please remember that clean racing is not only your right, it's also your responsibility and something that we all need to be accountable for.

Click here for this season's points standings and scroll down for comprehensive race data

Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to retrieve it

Division 1

martin20az -------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 88 (78.08 for prize purposes onlyPTslopoke --------- voted to eliminate Round 3fizzer82 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2MM-leadfoot ------- voted to eliminate Round 3Intense420break --- voted to eliminate Round 3msgt-sd ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1Neovre ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1

Division 2

QwietStorm03 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3 - 82.1 (75.54 for prize purposes onlyKgffy28 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1chuyler1 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1Gouletzky --------- voted to eliminate Round 1nmcp1 ------------- voted to eliminate Round 1AG07WRXTR --------- voted to eliminate Round 2GTP_Michelin9960 -- did not submit a voteVrapPlus ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2Rednose58 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1FloptaStr8 -------- voted to eliminate Round 3Unleashed159 ------ did not submit a voteProdigy-Lilal27 --- did not submit a vote

Division 3

jlbowler ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 88 (78.94 for Prize CDrrgreenthumb67 --- voted to eliminate Round 3tcrash15 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2dragonwhisky ------ voted to eliminate Round 2Wolfsatz ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3turnupdaheat ------ voted to eliminate Round 1GrimGrnninGhost --- did not submit a voteLessenjr ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1

Division 4

tenderly90 -------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 93 (Ineligible for PrizesGrandpas_Money ---- voted to eliminate Round 3Schmiggz ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2TEX-36 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3GTPL_LITECOIN ----- voted to eliminate Round 2MajorBlixem ------- voted to eliminate Round 3Wardenclyffe ------ voted to eliminate Round 3canuckleheadII ---- voted to eliminate Round 3

Division 5

chatva ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3 - 87 (81.34 for Prize Aalienxgamer25 ----- voted to eliminate Round 3USERID_77a23 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3ExoSphere64 ------- voted to eliminate Round 3imjimeez44 -------- voted to eliminate Round 3shmibal43 --------- did not submit a voteVolcoman3 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3zii1993 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3HandlebarMustash -- voted to eliminate Round 3GTP_lousteezy ----- did not submit a voteEvoSpec10 --------- did not submit a vote

Division 6

ShrumpRacer86 ----- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 78 (65.60 for prize purposes onlyDigiImprov -------- voted to eliminate Round 1racingchamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 3hognhominy -------- voted to eliminate Round 2CoachMK21 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3Piler ------------- voted to eliminate Round 2race_emhard ------- did not submit a voteNail-27 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3euclid58 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1JakeDog23 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1

Division 7

JCsSoldier -------- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 89 (79.85 for Prize Bsinglepaddy ------- did not submit a voteaeroliteflight ---- voted to eliminate Round 2tevesh2 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3Ogg_42 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2SHOCKY_WELLHELL --- voted to eliminate Round 2speer9892007 ------ did not submit a voteSharkb8ii --------- did not submit a votewvhellbilly369 ---- voted to eliminate Round 2PICHON617 --------- did not submit a vote

West Coast

Round 3 - SRT Viper GTS '13 (Sport Soft tires) at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca (8 laps)

Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @chatva wins Prize A, they get to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

Round 2 - Ferrari 365 GTB4 '71 (Sport Medium tires) at Silverstone GP Circuit (5 laps)

This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @McTrucker gets Prize B, he has the option to "freeze" the car or the track, or he can give that option to the Prize C winner. If he gives the "freeze" away, then he gets to decide what car or track replaces the part of the combo that is left unfrozen by the Prize C winner.

Prize C goes to @JLBowler so he gets whichever option the Prize B winner does not select.

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your car and/or track selection until all racing complaints are filed and you are given the "all clear" to announce your selection. It's also important that you review our Car/Track History so that you can see a complete history of how many times we've raced each car and track (just scroll to the right of that tab). Please remember that originality is always appreciated. Therefore, picking cars and tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required). Most importanty, make sure you thoroughly test any combo that you are considering before making it your official selection. For example, the car should not hit its rev limiter at any point during the race (even in the draft).

Car Selection Guidelines

Dealership Cars - The maximum price for a selected car is now $1,000,000

DLC Cars - Only DLC cars that are FREE and currently still available in the PlayStation Store can be selected.

Track Selection Guidelines

Any non-DLC track can be selected as long as a single lap with the car combo'd with it would not take more than five minutes to complete. For example, don't select anything that includes the Nurburgring's Nordschleife.

When posting your Prize A or Prize B selection, please list the complete in-game name of the car and/or track you are selecting. For example, if you want to select the Amuse Superlegara for your car, post "Amuse Nismo 380 RS Superlagara". If you want to select Monza for a track, post "Autodromo Nazionale Monza". This makes it much easier for the lineup to be updated accurately and also prevents confusing other league members as to which car or track you are selecting.

Why the heck is @qwietstorm in D2 :confused:

Last edited:
After a self-induced frustrating night, and first night jitters, I just watched the races again and saw the race that will bring me back! @nmcp1 demonstrated the epitome of racecraft with me. It was like he had just read the Good Racecraft Document, then raced.
It was the second race of the night immediately starting lap 3. 2 times we approached the bus stop and both times he refrained from forcing a, could be, incident. It is this kind of racecraft I hope to demonstrate as well as he did. It was a nerve racking race for three laps!!!. What fun!
Now if only I can use the correct tire settings for all six races! :embarrassed:

Thank you nmcp1. What a race!

Thanks for the compliments @FloptaStr8 ! You definitely held your own on that race as I couldn't get you to make a mistake. You kept you cool even though I know from being on the other end of that type close racing it can be quite nerve racking. ;) Here's to many more races just like that one only hopefully we'll reverse roles..:D

and again... Welcome to S.N.A.I.L! :cheers:

D3 data has been entered to the Results Doc for 6/8/14

Pole Lap Honors:
Round 1 (Ford Mustang SVT Cobra R '00 @ Daytona Road Course): @JLBowler 2:02.205
Round 2 (Ferrari 365 GTB4 '71 @ Silverstone GP Circuit): @Drgreenthumb977 2:14.809
Round 3 (SRT Viper GTS '13 @ Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca): @Drgreenthumb977 1:28.005

Fast Lap honors:
Round 1 Race 1 : @JLBowler 2:02.377
Round 1 Race 2 : @JLBowler 2:01.784

Round 2 Race 1 : @Dragonwhisky 2:15.167
Round 2 Race 2 : @turnupdaheat 2:15.575

Round 3 Race 1 : @Dragonwhisky 1:27.668
Round 3 Race 2 : @Dragonwhisky 1:27.844

Total Times/Wins:
Round 1 Race 1 : @JLBowler 10:23.562
Round 1 Race 2 : @fzappa 10:22.790

Round 2 Race 1 : @Drgreenthumb977 11:26.014
Round 2 Race 2 : @Wolfsatz 11:30.125

Round 3 Race 1 : @Dragonwhisky 11:58.854
Round 3 Race 2 : @JLBowler 11:57.789

Another fairly smooth night in D3. Congrats to @JLBowler for the unofficial overall win.

Thanks to @nmcp1 for the nice layout!

Whew! Glad I was able to snag it just in time!

Btw, I replied to one of your posts on the previous page. I'm not sure if you received a notification because I only tagged you in the edit. In fact, I'd appreciate if you could let me know if you got a notification, because I've always wanted to confirm that notifications were generated if a user was tagged in an edit to a post in which he was not originally tagged (or replied to).

:lol:
nope, no notification, and thanks for he reply. i will wait a little bit for @GGGMotorsport to hash something out. In the meantime i will try and formulate something in regards to my aforementioned idea and let you know.

Last edited:
nope, no notification, and thanks for he reply. i will wait a little bit for @GGGMotorsport to hash something out. In the meantime i will try and formulate something in regards to my aforementioned idea and let you know.
Thanks guys. I should have the details ready for release Wed-Thurs night with the series starting next week. I really don't want to rush this and take the time to get it right and to the standard SNAIL expects.

Thanks again

I'm gonna pick an 80's car and an 80's track!
Stand by to Stand by!

The car is a Ferrari GTO '84
The track is Autodromo Nazionale
Monza '80's

Quite sure the Dr. Will approve!

Small problem there. The car is over the current cap of 1 million credits. There was a question posed to raise the cap but it was not changed for this month as of yet.

Small problem there. The car is over the current cap of 1 million credits. There was a question posed to raise the cap but it was not changed for this month as of yet.
Sorry, @JLBowler I already had the car and didn't check the price.

I'm gonna pick an 80's car and an 80's track!
Stand by to Stand by!

The car is a Ferrari GTO '84 F430 '06
The track is Autodromo Nazionale
Monza '80's

Quite sure the Dr. Would have approved!

Last edited:
nooooooooo, thats such an epic combo pick. 1.25 mil is a better cap anyway :P
Thanks @fizzer , I wanted something new and what's better than an 80's car we haven't raced on an 80's track we haven't raced?
I already had the car and didn't even look at the price tag, very sorry.

The GTP OLR states that the eeny-meeny-miney-mo test is the way to determine such a thing. Or does the S.N.A.I.L. OLR not follow that?

I am getting a (error code 403) forbidden access code when trying to look at the Car/Track History. Am I doing something wrong or do I need to be given access? @zer05ive @JLBowler

I am betting that link is for the old Results document. The "SNAIL Results - New" has a SNAIL Information tab, inside that tab, the link for the history you are looking for is:

Car/Track Information

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlwxDwuCRf9wdG9Rd25zbGhhNi12OVliZjMzVzYtbGc&usp=drive_web#gid=2

Last edited:
Thanks @fizzer , I wanted something new and what's better than an 80's car we haven't raced on an 80's track we haven't raced?
I already had the car and didn't even look at the price tag, very sorry.

The F40 evolved from the 288GTO and the track would have still been in the '80s layout when it was launched in '92 so it would have been a closer alternative than the F430. Nice combo choice anyway Chatva and congrats on the win!

Back