◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,412 comments
Hello guys,

I'm returning to racing after this two long weeks of GT Academy.
Trust me, I tried everything in my hands to get the best lap time possible even playing 6 hours in a row on saturdays.
I really wanted to be the first non-american SNAIL to make it to a national final and make you feel proud of me, unfortunately the new wave of talented Mexican players (some of them with previous real racing experience) showed me that I'm not fast enough. Sorry :(

My result: 2:17.100, 2282nd worldwide, 26th in Mexico (less than a second behind 14th)

The answer to that would depend if the room was being run as fixed host or non-fixed host. In a non-fixed host room, every player is directly connected to every other player so the host is really just another player who happens to have control of the room settings. For some reason, PD ties the quality of the room settings to whoever the host is when the room is opened. It really should be adjusted based on the connections in the room. In a fixed host room, every player is connected to the host and the host relays information to every other player. If you are running in a fixed host room and only getting DC'd when a certain person hosts, I would say that you probably have a connection issue with that person. It could be on either side or somewhere in the middle.
One more technical question...when we clear the cache why would it solve or lessen the attendant problems either with a DC or a visibility problem. There are allot of old wives tales (sound like magic to me) out there. Recently with the problems in D6 I have been rebooting my modem (local net rep suggested that) turning PS3 off and on ,and deleting cache. In fact I have been doing that before any online event now.

Hello fellow SNAILS

Wanted to let you all know that I have started up a new series for Wed Nights starting this week if anyone is interested called, you guessed it Wednesday Night “Race Car” Series. (how original, right?)

Series will feature stock purpose built race cars competing in 4 week seasons followed by an "All Star" race. Each night will feature two 40 min races (plus single qualifying session). We are kicking off the season next Wed if anyone is interested and will host an open lobby tonight in 30 mins for a shakedown run if anyone is interested.

Here is the link to the topic - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/%E2%97%86-s-n-a-i-l-wednesday-night-%E2%80%9Crace-car%E2%80%9D-series-season-starts-6-18.311225/

If you have any questions, please let me know and hope to see you there.

Thanks!
Looks great! 👍

Here are the unofficial results from our league night on June 15, 2014

If you believe that another driver exhibited poor racecraft or is guilty of an S.N.A.I.L. OLR violation, please file a Racing Incident Report by 11pm Eastern / 8pm Pacific tonight. Be sure to follow the instructions precisely or your submission might not be addressed! If you're undecided on whether or not you should file an incident, please remember that clean racing is not only your right, it's also your responsibility and something that we all need to be accountable for. 👍

Click here for this season's points standings and scroll down for comprehensive race data

Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to retrieve it

Division 1
  1. Adventuruss ------- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 94 (ineligible for prizes for incorrect lobby settings)
  2. fizzer82 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. dgafaboutany1420 -- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. msgt-sd ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. Klutch-D ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. MM-leadfoot ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. Intense420break --- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. Neovre ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2

Division 2
  1. chuyler1 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 80 (68.00 for prize purposes only)
  2. Xrad-11 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. Kgffy28 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. JWalker_SSR7 ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. racefan78 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. AG07WRXTR --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. QwietStorm03 ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. nmcp1 ------------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. Rednose58 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  10. Gouletzky --------- voted to eliminate Round 1

Division 3
  1. jlbowler ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 97 (ineligible for prizes because D3 replays were not uploaded)
  2. Wolfsatz ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. Ice_Warden -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. turnupdaheat ------ voted to eliminate Round 1

Division 4
  1. tenderly90 -------- voted to eliminate Round - 29 (25.86 for prize purposes only)
  2. Schmiggz ---------- did not submit a vote
  3. Wardenclyffe ------ did not submit a vote
  4. Grandpas_Money ---- did not submit a vote
  5. canuckleheadII ---- did not submit a vote
  6. TEX-36 ------------ did not submit a vote
  7. GTPL_LITECOIN ----- did not submit a vote
  8. MajorBlixem ------- did not submit a vote
  9. SCREAMING_CHIEF --- did not submit a vote

Division 5
  1. alienxgamer25 ----- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 93 (87.88 for Prize A)
  2. chatva ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. GTP_lousteezy ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. imjimeez44 -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. USERID_77a23 ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. HandlebarMustash -- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. Volcoman3 --------- did not submit a vote
  8. EvoSpec10 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. cmbeal317 --------- did not submit a vote

Division 6
  1. euclid58 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 89 (79.63 for Prize C)
  2. CoachMK21 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. hognhominy -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. Joe_DiBen --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. racingchamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. Nail-27 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. Vinnybear-O1 ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. race_emhard ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. DigiImprov -------- did not submit a vote

Division 7
  1. singlepaddy ------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 85 (79.71 for Prize B)
  2. JCsSoldier -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. SHOCKY_WELLHELL --- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. aeroliteflight ---- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. blueninjacivic ---- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. robertomglolz ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. Sharkb8ii --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. wvhellbilly369 ---- voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. speer9892007 ------ did not submit a vote
  10. Ogg_42 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  11. FBR_Steve --------- voted to eliminate Round 2

West Coast
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 2 - Ferrari 365 GTB4 '71 (Sport Medium tires) at Cape Ring Periphery (6 laps)
Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @aliengamer25 wins Prize A, they get to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Round 1 - Ford Mustang SVT Cobra R '00 (Sport Medium tires) at Daytona Road Course (5 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @singlepaddy gets Prize B, he has the option to "freeze" the car or the track, or he can give that option to the Prize C winner. If he gives the "freeze" away, then he gets to decide what car or track replaces the part of the combo that is left unfrozen by the Prize C winner.

Prize C goes to @euclid58 so he gets whichever option the Prize B winner does not select.

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your car and/or track selection until all racing complaints are filed and you are given the "all clear" to announce your selection. It's also important that you review our Car/Track History so that you can see a complete history of how many times we've raced each car and track (just scroll to the right of that tab). Please remember that originality is always appreciated. Therefore, picking cars and tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required). Most importanty, make sure you thoroughly test any combo that you are considering before making it your official selection. For example, the car should not hit its rev limiter at any point during the race (even in the draft).

Car Selection Guidelines
Dealership Cars - The maximum price for a selected car is now $1,000,000
DLC Cars - Only DLC cars that are FREE and currently still available in the PlayStation Store can be selected.

Track Selection Guidelines
Any non-DLC track can be selected as long as a single lap with the car combo'd with it would not take more than five minutes to complete. For example, don't select anything that includes the Nurburgring's Nordschleife.

IMPORTANT NOTE: When posting your Prize A or Prize B selection, please list the complete in-game name of the car and/or track you are selecting. For example, if you want to select the Amuse Superlegara for your car, post "Amuse Nismo 380 RS Superlagara". If you want to select Monza for a track, post "Autodromo Nazionale Monza". This makes it much easier for the lineup to be updated accurately and also prevents confusing other league members as to which car or track you are selecting.

Last edited:
FmeorCJ.png

Race Date: 15 June 2014

This week's prize winners are clear to make their selections. Good

racing!

IR Submission Form is now closed.

We have 7 incidents on file. Deadline for reviews is NLT 10PM Eastern on Friday, June 20th , 2014.

Banners by dabneyd

Last edited:
One more technical question...when we clear the cache why would it solve or lessen the attendant problems either with a DC or a visibility problem. There are allot of old wives tales (sound like magic to me) out there. Recently with the problems in D6 I have been rebooting my modem (local net rep suggested that) turning PS3 off and on ,and deleting cache. In fact I have been doing that before any online event now.

The cache stores information from you online experience. I don't know exactly what is stored but if it stores information about other players and you had a connection issue with that other player, there would be a chance that the problem would be saved and there would be no chance to fix it. (this is merely an assumption on my part as PD isn't very forthcoming with what is saved in the cache)

Basically, it takes less than a minute to do it and it might help but it doesn't hurt so why not try everything you can.

Others have given the answers, but since I was tagged into this, the directors doc has the current scores. The results doc will be updated shortly. What does shortly mean? After D4 gets their scores and votes put in.

If you just want to know the D7 scores, here is what the directors doc has:

singlepaddy---------85
JCsSoldier----------84
SHOCKY_WELLHELL-74.1
aeroliteflight-------74
blueninjacivic------68

I lost by 1 point! Noooo.

I reached out to fizzer about the g27 cause mine was on its last leg does not center correctly
When fired up and makes all kinds of noises when making quick adjustment
So I payed for shipping and 2days later was waiting on my door step when I got
Off work bigggg thanks to :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:fizzer aka Kurt your the man:cheers::cheers:
fuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...... Well give me your broken one, I know how to fix that, while mine might be beyond repair. Or as they say, FUBAR.

fuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...... Well give me your broken one, I know how to fix that, while mine might be beyond repair. Or as they say, FUBAR.
It's probley going to need a new optical disc thing but also the screws that hold the wheel to the base are stripped so the wheel wobbles back and forth it's toast

@Neovre what's wrong with yours didn't your friend lend or give you his ?
Used ones on craigslist are fairly cheap...

Yeah but I think it is half a notch off center already after the TT, working on mine again, seems like I got it going again judging by the preliminary test just now, gonna put everything back on and try again. I don't want to mess up my friend's or go into surgery with it.

BTW I also did this while my G27 was apart, because I hated fake vents so much, (also sticker headlights). Yes I have anti-dust solutions on the way so don't pick on that topic. Trust me I'm an engineer. Hope this will help the heat soak problem with the optical encoder disk.
20140606_122757.jpg

I'm selling my g27 ps3 and games. All together make some prices. G27 is about 3 1/2 months old.

I don't follow either, what's up man? you've been on the rise.

Last edited:
Yeah but I think it is half a notch off center already after the TT, working on mine again, seems like I got it going again judging by the preliminary test just now, gonna put everything back on and try again. I don't want to mess up my friend's or go into surgery with it.

I don't follow either, what's up man? you've been on the rise.

I'm doing it because I spend to much time on it. The Lord has so much for me and a lot of things to be done for him. I'm given it up so I can get closer to him. And ill get a blessing for it because I'm giving up these worldly things that dont matter in the end. Times are getting closer and we need to prepare our self and warn people. I speak with truth and the ones that has ears let them hear. Jesus is coming back. And I want to be ready and help witness to as many people as I can. So if u are not saved I pray today is that day. Because we don't have a promise of Tommrow. I have had fun what time I have been in snail. Have made some very great friends some I think of family. And I hope it stays that way and u all can add me on Facebook. Floyd Compton from war West Virginia. Ill check in every now and then to see how everyone is doing.and I could have made it I was running close 14 red laps but I quit trying for this. But I love everyone and Jesus loves everyone and god bless.

@Nail-27 If you are referring to the T500RS, they are pricy, I got mine for $530. The F1 rim is ~$180, depending on where you get it from. My GTE rim was $135. I should also mention that I have the TH8RS, I got that for $120.

I lost by 1 point! Noooo.

Trust me I'm an engineer.

The last time somebody said that to me, something blew up.

@GTP_Compton3 That's cool and all what your doing I have faith in god also doesn't mean I have to give up on my dreams ... but don't come on here and try saying you could of ran a 2:14 But you gave up my @$$...... All of us d1 drivers would have loved
To run 2:14 but that's for the truly insanely fast aliens

Last edited:
@Nail-27 If you are referring to the T500RS, they are pricy, I got mine for $530. The F1 rim is ~$180, depending on where you get it from. My GTE rim was $135. I should also mention that I have the TH8RS, I got that for $120.

The last time somebody said that to me, something blew up.

Well yaahhh because unfortunately not every engineer is German. lol

That's cool and all what your doing I have faith in god also doesn't mean I have to give up on my dreams ... but don't come on here and try saying you could of ran a 2:14 But you gave up my @$$...... All of us d1 drivers would have loved
Insanely fast aliens a.k.a. Immortals:lol:

That's cool and all what your doing I have faith in god also doesn't mean I have to give up on my dreams ... but don't come on here and try saying you could of ran a 2:14 But you gave up my @$$...... All of us d1 drivers would have loved
No I could have. I know for sure a very low 15.1 or 2. I would either mess up at turn 11 or at the chicanes at the end or how ever u spell it. But I'm glad the ones from snail made it. But I'm happy that's all that matters if u believe me that's ok if not that's ok to I know what I was doing and what ill be doing now is a hole lot better. But good job where u finished and all others. I have no reason to lie.

So... @JLBowler can't win a prize because replays weren't uploaded? Why is this?

I may have a few of those. If it will help him win a prize and you need a replay then I'd be happy to do it this once.

Back