◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,416 comments
If you come up to Mission, BC on the 12th and 13 of July you can rent one of our vee's for our Fifth Annual Family Affair Racing Team Formula Vee Invitational! Though I've not driven in the race, I can still say that it's the most fun you'll have! We've got some of the best vee drivers on the continent in the lineup, and many of them have been to the SCCA Runoffs numerous times. (Had to take advantage of the free advertisement lol) @Neovre

There are many things I wanted to do that weekend but I just got THE email for GT Academy.:gtpflag:

Here are the unofficial results from our league night on June 22, 2014

If you believe that another driver exhibited poor racecraft or is guilty of an S.N.A.I.L. OLR violation, please file a Racing Incident Report by 11pm Eastern / 8pm Pacific tonight. Be sure to follow the instructions precisely or your submission might not be addressed! If you're undecided on whether or not you should file an incident, please remember that clean racing is not only your right, it's also your responsibility and something that we all need to be accountable for. 👍

Click here for this season's points standings and scroll down for comprehensive race data

Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to retrieve it

Division 1
  1. Adventuruss ------- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 90 (74.31 for prize purposes only)
  2. Neovre ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. martin20az -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. fizzer82 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. dgafaboutany1420 -- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. redsoxboy80 ------- did not submit a vote
  7. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. dangerzone641 ----- did not submit a vote
  9. msgt-sd ----------- did not submit a vote

Division 2
  1. QwietStorm03 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3 - 86 (80.76 for prize purposes only)
  2. Xrad-11 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. GTP_Eternal ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. Kgffy28 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. Gouletzky --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. Rednose58 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. nmcp1 ------------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. GTP_Michelin9960 -- voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. Clutch_800 -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  10. Sand__68 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  11. racefan78 --------- did not submit a vote
  12. AG07WRXTR --------- did not submit a vote

Division 3
  1. dragonwhisky ------ voted to eliminate Round 2 - 86 (75.83 for prize purposes only)
  2. turnupdaheat ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. AJK-VAIL ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. hooker4 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. Wolfsatz ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. jlbowler ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. tcrash15 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. Drrgreenthumb67 --- voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. Lessenjr ---------- did not submit a vote

Division 4
  1. tenderly90 -------- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 94 (Ineligible for Prizes)
  2. Grandpas_Money ---- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. TEX-36 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. Wardenclyffe ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. GTPL_LITECOIN ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. Schmiggz ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. MajorBlixem ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. DoublePass -------- voted to eliminate Round 1

Division 5
  1. alienxgamer25 ----- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 89 (84.79 for Prize A) PLEASE SEE NOTE BELOW
  2. chatva ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. GTP_lousteezy ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. HandlebarMustash -- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. ExoSphere64 ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. Volcoman3 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. USERID_77a23 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. imjimeez44 -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. JJLopez_427 ------- did not submit a vote
  10. cmbeal317 --------- did not submit a vote
  11. EvoSpec10 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  12. zii1993 ----------- did not submit a vote

Division 6
  1. CoachMK21 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 86 (82.15 for Prize C)
  2. hognhominy -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. Joe_DiBen --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. euclid58 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. Piler ------------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. Vinnybear-O1 ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. DigiImprov -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. Nail-27 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. ShrumpRacer86 ----- voted to eliminate Round 2
  10. JakeDog23 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  11. racingchamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  12. race_emhard ------- did not submit a vote

Division 7
  1. SHOCKY_WELLHELL --- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 89 (83.07 for Prize B)
  2. singlepaddy ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. JCsSoldier -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. aeroliteflight ---- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. Ogg_42 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. robertomglolz ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. wvhellbilly369 ---- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. Sharkb8ii --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. spiraldave -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  10. FBR_Steve --------- did not submit a vote

West Coast
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 3 - Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) LM Race Car '09 (Racing Medium tires) at Fuji Speedway F (7 laps)
Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @aliengamer25 wins Prize A, they get to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.
PLEASE NOTE: Since @aliengamer25 has already won Prize A this season, he is ineligible to win it again until next season. This means that unless he loses Prize A due to incident reviews, any driver who competed in Division 5 on Sunday night will have the opportunity to suggest an entirely new car and track combo. I recommend that all D5 drivers from Sunday night start thinking about combos they would like to suggest. That way, you will be ready to post it once the "all clear" from the stewards is announced. Also, please be sure to only suggest one combo. Any driver who suggests more than one combo will automatically be ineligible to suggest any combos at all. Please don't let that happen to you. Only suggest ONE combo (but not until @aliengamer25 is confirmed as the Prize A winner).

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Round 1 - Ferrari F430 '06 (Sport Soft tires) at Autodromo Nazionale Monza '80s (6 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @SHOCKY_WELL gets Prize B, he has the option to "freeze" the car or the track, or he can give that option to the Prize C winner. If he gives the "freeze" away, then he gets to decide what car or track replaces the part of the combo that is left unfrozen by the Prize C winner.

Prize C goes to @KTR5 so he gets whichever option the Prize B winner does not select.

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your car and/or track selection until all racing complaints are filed and you are given the "all clear" to announce your selection. It's also important that you review our Car/Track History so that you can see a complete history of how many times we've raced each car and track (just scroll to the right of that tab). Please remember that originality is always appreciated. Therefore, picking cars and tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required). Most importanty, make sure you thoroughly test any combo that you are considering before making it your official selection. For example, the car should not hit its rev limiter at any point during the race (even in the draft).

Car Selection Guidelines
Dealership Cars - The maximum price for a selected car is now $1,000,000
DLC Cars - Only DLC cars that are FREE and currently still available in the PlayStation Store can be selected.

Track Selection Guidelines
Any non-DLC track can be selected as long as a single lap with the car combo'd with it would not take more than five minutes to complete. For example, don't select anything that includes the Nurburgring's Nordschleife.

IMPORTANT NOTE: When posting your Prize A or Prize B selection, please list the complete in-game name of the car and/or track you are selecting. For example, if you want to select the Amuse Superlegara for your car, post "Amuse Nismo 380 RS Superlagara". If you want to select Monza for a track, post "Autodromo Nazionale Monza". This makes it much easier for the lineup to be updated accurately and also prevents confusing other league members as to which car or track you are selecting.

Last edited:
FmeorCJ.png

Race Date: 22 June 2014

This week's prize winners are clear to make their selections. Good racing!

IR Submission Form is now closed.

We have 14 incidents on file. Deadline for reviews is NLT 10PM Eastern on Friday, June 27th , 2014.
Banners by dabneyd

Last edited:
Track_Conditions.png

First off, I would like to thank @zer05ive, @JLBowler and @ExoSphere64 for there support and guidance with my transition into the Team S.N.A.I.L. General Manager role. I was very surprised and extremely honored to be considered for the job. It was a bit daunting at first, but I feel more comfortable with the position now. With that said, there have been a few more hiccups recently than I would like.

This league runs the way it does because of you. If not for all the volunteer hours that many, many members put in, we would not be as successful as we are. Hence, if you feel that your division is not running as smoothly as you want, don’t point the finger at someone else; rather point it at yourself and find a any way you can contribute to Team S.N.A.I.L. to make this an even better league.

Okay, enough of the Team S.N.A.I.L. pitch (but I do hope we get some more help).

In the time since I’ve been the GM, we've been very busy with our normal league night races. Add in the 8 weeks of GT Academy and now you really have some late nights and extra hours put in on the PS3. I am very proud to be a part of a group that will have another large contingent going to NYC to battle for a seat on the plane to Silverstone. With around 20 people with connections to SNAIL in the top 100 of their respective country, it’s no wonder why this league is so popular. I am sure everyone here will be giving each of those going to NYC their full support and will be following along in your journey every step of the way.

This is your dream. You have a small window to make yourself the best “employee” you can. Take advantage of anything that will improve your skills. Racing on GT6, going to track days or autocross events, get as fit as you can and work on your interviewing skills. You will be an employee, no matter how it appears. Make yourself marketable. We want to see a SNAIL on top of the podium again.

Finally, this league is much more than our Sunday night races. There are so many great events throughout the week. Check out the newly formed Wednesday Night Race Car Series, or add some variety with the DriveTrain Challenge, or get back to the basics in the Weekly Kart Series, both on Tuesdays or push your limits on the Saturday night [Enduro] Racing. And watch out for other one-off races, such as the Oval Racing League. There are so many great people putting on outstanding events.

One more thing; I want to say THANK YOU, to everyone who has helped me along the way in my nearly 6 months with SNAIL. Especially to the first SNAIL I met in a practice room before my first race, @TEX36. You’re willingness to let me follow you around Apricot Hill in that terrible Mustang and let me run into you and slow down when I went off track or started doing donuts. You’re the reason I stuck around. So thank you for encouraging me to stick around in this great league and become the virtual driver I am.

Last edited:
Just thought I'd share what I did this weekend. I went out to Willow Springs to play with my BRZ for the day. Competed in the Redline Time attack series along with Extreme Speed Track events. Turns out they had a GT 86 competition going on so I entered and ended up winning the Stock class. Out of 15 competitors I placed 5th overall even beating guys with modified cars. Anyways if you want to see some videos and pics from the day head over to my fan page on Facebook. BTW check out the shirt I'm wearing. https://www.facebook.com/CHILLRacing

Tonight is DTC race night to anyone interested. Details here.

First race and qualifying are at Twin Ring Motegi East and here is my line-up:

First two races at 875pp total(sports hard tires):
4WD - Subaru Impreza Sedan STi '94 445pp
MR - Opel Speedster Turbo '00 430pp

Last two races at 735pp total(comfort soft tires):
FF - Spoon Fit Race Car '03 367pp
FR - Mazda Eunos Roadster SR-Limited '97 367pp

Please post in the DTC thread if you are interested and don't forget to send friend requests!

I read @jobyone post about the league fadigue and his words could be mine as I've been feeling exactly the same for the longest time now.
I think about quitting snail almost every week but fight it as hard as I can because there's too many people here that I love to race with so I always find some strength to keep the show going although its a fact that I don't feel that groove anymore and my continuous declining in terms of results are a prove of that.
I want to buy the g37 badly to gain some passion again.
I have already said this on our D6 post but I thought I ought to pass it on...reworded a bit..but this is is for anyone having the same thoughts....quitting SNAIL SUNDAYS.

I wandered into a practice with Euclid and Alien and Joe and while lapping with them I explained that I was really enjoying endurance racing more than the constantly FU SNAIL Sundays which took hours and hours for little actual racing so I was going to sit out for awhile. I was worried about my hookup and that I could be the anchor dragging D6 down. Also My plate was overfill with 6 other series.

We chatted and they reminded me what SNAIL WAS ALL ABOUT....yes the racing in all events is great but the SUNDAY NIGHT SERIES is where you meet your competitors and BECOME FRIENDS WITH THEM. I had lost sight of why I was here. For allot of us this is not just a hobby...we can do that off line. This is all about people...real people and interacting with them.

So I win Prize A? sorry but there is a little bit of confusion in the post :(

You will not win prize A as you are not eligible for any prizes until you have raced long enough to be evaluated through a round of promotion and relegation which occurs at the end of each season.

Back