◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,414 comments
You can't paint the M4, so whatever color you buy it in, thats what you'll have to race it in.

Mine will be alpinweiß, unless we can use the Frozen Black one that PD mistakenly put in the game, and then removed.

@JLBowler what's your call on that?

Is there a way to view the Frozen Black M4 in the game if you don't already own it? If the answer to that is no, then there is no way to verify dealership specs on the car so it would be a no go to use.

Is it possible for me to pick a different car due to not being able to paint it and the obvious disdain for the car?

I have one of those, can't believe I didn't think of that :dunce: Thanks!

Just roll with your selection and let the people vote. You picked it because you wanted to race it and that's a good enough reason to give it at least a week. At least it's not another race car.

I have a Frozen Black M4, and can provide specs on it. (Hint: It's exactly the same as the other car, it just has a fancy color.)

I have a Frozen Black M4, and can provide specs on it. (Hint: It's exactly the same as the other car, it just has a fancy color.)

Re-read my post. If it's not able to be viewed in game without already owning it, it's a no go to use. The main reason for this is availability to all members and not just a few who happened to get one while it was available.

I think the point is that:
A) it a is a separate model, not the car chosen.
B)it is not currently available for purchase
C) it was patched out of the NA market

D2 data has been entered to the Results Doc for 7/13/14

Pole Lap Honors:
Round 1 (Fairlady Z 300ZX TwinTurbo 2Seater (Z32) '89 @ Red Bull Ring): @nmcp1 - 1:51.841
Round 2 (RE Amemiya RX7 GT300 Base Model '06 @ Trial Mountain Circuit - Forward): @GTP_unleashed - 1:26.994
Round 3 (GTR-GT500 Base Model '08 @ Grand Valley Speedway): @Dragonwhisky - 1:47.769

Fast Lap honors:
Round 1 Race 1 : @nmcp1 1:51.805
Round 1 Race 2 : @GTP_unleashed 1:52.023

Round 2 Race 1 : @nmcp1 1:27.444
Round 2 Race 2 : @nmcp1 1:26.749

Round 3 Race 1 : @Gouletzky 1:47.642
Round 3 Race 2 : @Gouletzky 1:47.673

Total Times/Wins:
Round 1 Race 1 : @nmcp1 11:22.149
Round 1 Race 2 : @Gouletzky 11:29.295

Round 2 Race 1 : @Gouletzky 10:19.546
Round 2 Race 2 : @Gouletzky 10:23.101

Round 3 Race 1 : @Gouletzky 10:55.142
Round 3 Race 2 : @nmcp1 10:59.177

Congratulations to nmcp1 on the overall night win! Consistent finishes paid off. Gouletsky had a fairly dominating performance, winning 4 out of the 5 races he ran, without getting pole in any combo. 7 drivers hoisted themselves to the podium in a night that saw a 3 way tie, for overall, going into the last race and 4th & 5th place within reach of the night's champion title.

Thanks to @nmcp1 for the nice layout!

Anyone want to go?

If you've never been, VIR is great place to go. Fantastic to drive on as well. 👍

However, I'm saving up to go COTA for the grand prix in November. Hopefully if there is some kind of GTP meet, I don't miss it completely.

Prize C Selection

Twin Ring Motegi East.gif

A few good passing opportunities here so it should make for some good racing. Hope everyone enjoys it and if not, well then go grab yourself a prize and pick your own freakin track! :D

Thanks to all those joined in to test out the new track 👍👍

Prize C Selection

View attachment 187273
A few good passing opportunities here so it should make for some good racing. Hope everyone enjoys it and if not, well then go grab yourself a prize and pick your own freakin track! :D

Thanks to all those joined in to test out the new track 👍👍

nice,
was hoping for this or that nürburg one

the "4" chicane is pretty tricky sort of blind

Results Summary for D4 - 7/13/14

Pole Honors
Combo 1
@kadrek 1:52.006
Combo 2 @kadrek 1:26.735
Combo 3 @noseknows36 1:48.075

Race Honors
Combo 1
Race 1 - Total Race: 11:20.118
Gold @kadrek
Silver @ExoSphere64
Bronze @jimeez

Combo 1
Race 2 - Total Race: 11:35.516
Gold @noseknows36
Silver @kadrek
Bronze @jimeez

Combo 2
Race 1 - Total Race: 10:18.296
Gold @kadrek
Silver @jimeez
Bronze @noseknows36

Combo 2
Race 2 - Total Race: 10:30.933
Gold @MajorBlixem
Silver @DMacs13
Bronze @full89metal

Combo 3
Race 1 - Total Race: 10:59.333
Gold @noseknows36
Silver @kadrek
Bronze @ExoSphere64

Combo 3
Race 2 - Total Race: 11:07.234
Gold @MajorBlixem
Silver @KTR5
Bronze @full89metal

Fast Lap Honors
Combo 1
Race 1@kadrek 1:51.700
Race 2 @kadrek 1:51.837

Combo 2
Race 1 @kadrek 1:27.270
Race 2 @MajorBlixem 1:27.625

Combo 3
Race 1@kadrek 1:48.160
Race 2 @full89metal 1:48.820

Congrats to @kadrek for over all win for the night!

Crap, I thought we was going to race at the Nurburgring. :ouch:

Looks like I now have 1 banner photo ready to go.

@Kgffy Just to give you some context... I've been sim racing, on a wheel, for 10 years.

Think about that for a minute. I've played all the GT series, and been taking GT 5/6 very seriously for a little over a year. The fact that you can be placed in D1, with a ds3, blows my mind. I'd be d11 on a controller.

I think from your last few posts you're getting it, but I wanted to put that out there for everyone. When we say stick with it, we're not saying oh you should max out your potential in a couple weeks. People progress at different speeds, sticking with it could mean weeks, months, or more.

Patience is more than a virtue in all things racing, it's a necessity.
I have to add onto this KG, we have raced against each other 2 times now. When we first matched up in the Spec Silvia, I was hitting a brick wall. It was a brick wall that I saw of slowing down. I thought (although knew it was not true) that I had reached a potential where I could not improve. Going back to experience of racing karts and racing my old Miata after sometime I realized I only felt slower because I was getting faster. The frustration started when I realized that I am slow. I know I scrubbed off too much speed / I hit the wrong angle of attack / the exit of a corner was slow / etc.

Remember you are always on the verge of the next evolution, you are about to make a major leap forward although you feel you have stepped backwards. - a personal friend of mine that I raced karting with always told me this when he saw in my eyes how I kept feeling like I stepped backwards. hindsight, I was stepping forward waiting to breakthrough to the next level ;-)

I'm still on Summer break, and it's in Virginia... I'm very interested! Mebbe we can see Nick?

Gonna be there, big guy? @GumballCGT

Edit:

Just realized @kadrek had complete race times (after winning the pole) that were FASTER than the D2 complete race times (Races 1 & 3). He had our number in those car/combos!

So we have two combo's set in stone what's going on with the third?

Apologies to everyone for stirring up unnecessary friction yesterday, by the way. Sometimes I should just keep quiet... :lol:

I believe we do now, they are:

BMW M4 @ Apricot Hill (I can't remember the stats for the car, but SS tires will be used.) I have this photo read to go, I just need to make the banner for it.

RE Amemiya RX-7 GT300 Base Model @ Twin Ring Motegi East Course

Nissan GT-R GT500 Base Model @ Grand Valley Speedway

The GTR/GVS - it stays.
I believe we do now, they are:

BMW M4 @ Apricot Hill (I can't remember the stats for the car, but SS tires will be used.) I have this photo read to go, I just need to make the banner for it.

RE Amemiya RX-7 GT300 Base Model @ Twin Ring Motegi East Course

Nissan GT-R GT500 Base Model @ Grand Valley Speedway

Alright coolness, thanks.

EDIT: Where can I see other's color scheme choices? I have a combination in mind but I don't want to match someone in my division.

Alright coolness, thanks.

EDIT: Where can I see other's color scheme choices? I have a combination in mind but I don't want to match someone in my division.

Reminder - the M4 can't be painted, so choose either something close, or... choose whatever suits your fancy.

And on that bombshell, good night!

Back