◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,668 comments
My wife forwarded me an article because she knew I would dig it.. and I most definitely did. Chasing my father's ghost has been a constant theme in my life, but this story takes that to a whole 'nother level - in an insanely awesome way!
WOW, that took me awhile to read as I had to keep stoping to clear my tears so I could see!

thanks for sharing @zer05ive

I was gonna suggest Spa in place of Silverstone but I am probably even tired of Spa than you with Silverstone and that is why I picked Silverstone. The car is tricky through the esses but if you want too racing it has to be on a wide track. Unless everyone feels comfortable with committed dive bomb braking at Mount Panorama or else you will just either form a parade or end up in a heap with this car.
I think some from the lower divisions would have a hard time in the Lamborghini!

IMOA! Apricot Hill might fit, unless you want to force everyone to fully get car control and situational awareness all at the same time!

Personally, I'm tired of Silverstone at the Moment.

The ZZII looks interesting. The Corvette '60 just looks like corkscrew carnage incarnate to me...
Tested all three and I can do the corkscrew but that's my track, the ZZII IS BY FAR THE BEST OVERALL FIT, for the league as a whole!
The car is controllable and we AINT RACED it in reverse, right? Or have we and I missed it?

My wife forwarded me an article because she knew I would dig it.. and I most definitely did. Chasing my father's ghost has been a constant theme in my life, but this story takes that to a whole 'nother level - in an insanely awesome way!
Oh irony, cruel mistress.
I just read that article early today after a particularly tense and drama filled family affair. Then to see it mentioned here solidifies my faith that we are all connected and SNAIL is fate.

Tested all three and I can do the corkscrew but that's my track, the ZZII IS BY FAR THE BEST OVERALL FIT, for the league as a whole!
The car is controllable and we AINT RACED it in reverse, right? Or have we and I missed it?
Yep!It's a new car for the league on a track configuration we haven't done.The elevation changes are more noticeable in reverse.

I think some from the lower divisions would have a hard time in the Lamborghini!

IMOA! Apricot Hill might fit, unless you want to force everyone to fully get car control and situational awareness all at the same time!

Really? Just brake early, drive chill and it is a dream to drive. IF you try to drive it hard YOU WILL HAVE A BAD TIME.

Hello...I would like to sign up for the SNAIL racing league, thanks.

@Dacana

Here's your official S.N.A.I.L. Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. Send a PSN friend request to the Race Director or Primary Host from your assigned SNAIL Division. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Last edited:
My pick is: Lamborghini Murcielago LP-640-4 Super Veloce '09 at Silverstone Grand Prix.

just tell me the hp and laps/minutes and were good to go

242vjgw.jpg

Damn... Didn't even get a chance to submit banner photos lol @Pizzle13, you sir do some incredibly fast and classy looking work!

yea i already had all the possible combos done, so was just waiting for lloydz to decide ...
thats why it only took like a a minute
but since i still have to edit HP and possibly the lap and minutes you can still submit a photo
and ill switch it if they are cool

WOW, that took me awhile to read as I had to keep stoping to clear my tears so I could see!

thanks for sharing @zer05ive

Holy Smokes! I can't get past the headline yet... the second it dawned on me what it was about I started to fall apart. ( will have to finish the story when there is no one around...) Very cool share zero...

I had the chance to race Apricot reverse a couple of times on Snail second best event, the drive train challenge, and honestly, I think I like it better than the forward one.
LLOYD, good choice budz. I really wanted to challenge that Lambo.
Dragonwhiskey, it still fascinates me the way you explain snail dynamics on this thread ;)

just to clarify guys, I picked the Murcielago LP670-4 SuperVeloce '09

I messed up the name because I wasn't home at the time of my post and hence the lack of correct information. My apologies :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

just to clarify guys, I picked the Murcielago LP670-4 SuperVeloce '09

I messed up the name because I wasn't home at the time of my post and hence the lack of correct information. My apologies :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

I just copied and pasted your choice if you didn't notice LOL

Back