◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,417 comments
Been awhile since we drove an NSX.

Been never since we drove an RS200. Or a Peugeot 205T 16 (not sure any of you "girly men" can handle the 205 though) ;)

Motegi East is a great all around track. Suitable for any quality driving automobiles.
I thought the RS200 was used recently, that's why I didn't test it. It was one of the cars that came to my mind when I was looking for a combo last week. Also how about the Camaro TC?

I thought the RS200 was used recently, that's why I didn't test it. It was one of the cars that came to my mind when I was looking for a combo last week. Also how about the Camaro TC?
Never used the RS200 or 205.

Camaro TC was used a long time ago but great car. It was last used at Fuji...and it was fun. Motegi East seems a little small for it but I'm sure it would work just fine.

NSX RM was great at Motegi the last time we used it.

Someone had too much fun @ Spa.
Btn8OkjIIAAQw2T.jpg

uw7od08dek10ykm1qyjx.jpg

@Neovre we did Camaros quite often already my friend.
The new NSX is very good, the vgt's are awesome except for the mitsu, Aston Martin one-77 is a blast, Ferrari FXX a tremendous challenge, the Alfa Stradale, Cadillac Cien or VW Nardo... All never used before and damn good to race with.

The Nissan is considered a street car because it comes with Sports Soft tires. Correct?
The vgt? Yes I believe it is a street car
@JLBowler
Nissan VGT has push to pass (nitro) is this ok?

I knew this was coming with the VGT cars and I've been putting off the research. Let me take a look at all of the VGT cars and define them as street or race and then I will repost an updated list of cars that are borderline.

As for the push to pass feature on the Nissan, that's going to be a whole other can of worms to have to try and deal with. That decision may take a little more time.

Non-racing related news. As some of you know, I haven't had the best of luck in finding employment for the last couple of years. Well that changed today as I have been offered a job, similar to what my previous one was, but it will require me to move. Still in BC (just), but right on the border with Alberta so I will be AWOL for a while pretty soon I'm guessing while I get all sorted over there :)

@Neovre we did Camaros quite often already my friend.
The new NSX is very good, the vgt's are awesome except for the mitsu, Aston Martin one-77 is a blast, Ferrari FXX a tremendous challenge, the Alfa Stradale, Cadillac Cien or VW Nardo... All never used before and damn good to race with.
I haven't joined Snail long enough to have done that :)

FmeorCJ.png

Race Date: 27 July 2014

After several stewards have reviewed the necessary incident reports and associated replays, it has been determined that this week's prize winners are clear to make their selections. Good racing!

We are still reviewing the remaining incidents. Deadline for those reviews is now NLT 10PM Eastern on Friday, August 1st, 2014.
Banners by dabneyd

*********************************​

What little I've read, if nitro is disabled, you cannot use the VGT's push to pass button. As long as the ERS is charged however, you will gain a little horsepower under acceleration. Deplete it completely and I suspect you will slow similarly to other hybrids. I do not have empirical evidence to back this up yet. Will probably need to take the car to SSRX to test it. Not tonight however. Time for a fuel run for the Wednesday Race Car series.

Non-racing related news. As some of you know, I haven't had the best of luck in finding employment for the last couple of years. Well that changed today as I have been offered a job, similar to what my previous one was, but it will require me to move. Still in BC (just), but right on the border with Alberta so I will be AWOL for a while pretty soon I'm guessing while I get all sorted over there :)
Awesome new, tez! Persistence pays off! Congrats! :cheers:

In short testing at SSRX, Autumn Ring, and Spa, me and C3 tested the "Push to Pass" on the Nissan VGT. At SSRX, I found the car does not lose power once the hybrid drive is depleted. In 1000 meter standing start runs I picked up a second and a half using P2P. The car did not gain any top speed advantage either. At Autumn Ring, we found that the P2P system does not work in short bursts well. We then headed to Spa, where we tested the P2P on long straights. It seems to have an effect of about 5 to 10 MPH down the long back straight. I was able to pass C3 using P2P at the end of the long straight, but it was about half a second behind when I started. So, in my opinion, the P2P sysem acts more like a rechargable nitrous system. It can be used in tuning prohibited rooms.

In short testing at SSRX, Autumn Ring, and Spa, me and C3 tested the "Push to Pass" on the Nissan VGT. At SSRX, I found the car does not lose power once the hybrid drive is depleted. In 1000 meter standing start runs I picked up a second and a half using P2P. The car did not gain any top speed advantage either. At Autumn Ring, we found that the P2P system does not work in short bursts well. We then headed to Spa, where we tested the P2P on long straights. It seems to have an effect of about 5 to 10 MPH down the long back straight. I was able to pass C3 using P2P at the end of the long straight, but it was about half a second behind when I started. So, in my opinion, the P2P sysem acts more like a rechargable nitrous system. It can be used in tuning prohibited rooms.

So even though the p2p depletes the battery faster, it still works when no charge remains? Or just that once the charge is gone, the car is no slower but p2p doesn't work without charge?

Sounds a bit like the fun button on a mclaren P1 (although race mode uses battery optimally, so it's faster to now use it manually).

Either way, since it's the same for everyone I don't see why the car shouldn't be allowed in snail.

So even though the p2p depletes the battery faster, it still works when no charge remains? Or just that once the charge is gone, the car is no slower but p2p doesn't work without charge?

Sounds a bit like the fun button on a mclaren P1 (although race mode uses battery optimally, so it's faster to now use it manually).

Either way, since it's the same for everyone I don't see why the car shouldn't be allowed in snail.

Once the p2p is gone, it no longer works until it gets a charge.

Back