◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,420 comments
Greetings everyone. Last night, I (of all people :lol:) was invited to join this group so I decided to post here and say hello.

@RACECAR

Here's your official S.N.A.I.L. Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. Send a PSN friend request to the Race Director or Primary Host from your assigned SNAIL Division. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Hey Schmiggz,

Thanks for your interest in our little league 👍

We run a clean league by enforcing the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and we expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both.

You'll be added to the drivers list as a New S.N.A.I.L. When you run the Time Trial and Private Message my GTPlanet account with your time, you'll be moved to the appropriate Division List. We do this so to make sure everyone gets involved in some close, clean racing.

Shortly after that, a PSN friend request will be sent to you from the SNAIL_Division1, 2, 3 or 4 account for the Division you will be placed in. That lounge is where you will race on Sunday night.

The original post also has a lot of information regarding the league, commit it to memory ;)

The second post has the current race lineup and is updated weekly.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, post your choices here. To avoid duplication of choices, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events feel free to jump in and partake!

Welcome aboard and enjoy :)
After some search I finally found this... On page 311 of this thread, a long long time ago.
The second greatest curiosity of page 311 is Nick McMillen's request to join Snail just a few posts before mine.

Hi. I wanna do the practices tonight or something and the races too but I haven't been put into a division yet? I'm assuming D6 cuz it's my first time. Is that correct?

project cars looks amazing, if my g27 is compatible with ps4 i will definitely be buying one just so i can play project cars
There has been some talk behind the scenes of a SNAIL Project Cars series. I figure many Gran Turismo fans will be getting a PS4 eventually since that's where GT7 is headed, so why not get our feet wet with a PS4 event? Who knows, maybe Project Cars will end up being better than GT7 anyways. I hope that's not the case, but one thing's for sure is that Project Cars will be beating GT7 to market (by a significant amount of time).

Hi. I wanna do the practices tonight or something and the races too but I haven't been put into a division yet? I'm assuming D6 cuz it's my first time. Is that correct?

Patience my friend.... it's the start of a new season, the bossman has a lot to do. You will know before Sunday's race which division you're in... not necessarily D6. It depends on the result of your time trial.. you will be placed accordingly. As this is your first race I suggest you join the Red room tonight to get your feet wet.

Patience my friend.... it's the start of a new season, the bossman has a lot to do. You will know before Sunday's race which division you're in... not necessarily D6. It depends on the result of your time trial.. you will be placed accordingly. As this is your first race I suggest you join the Red room tonight to get your feet wet.
Alright thanks! I am just new and don't know what's involved for preparation. But thanks for answering anyways!👍:cheers:

Just make sure you do the oil change on your cars and put the correct tires on and you're all set! See you on the track tonight 👍

And keep the rim sizes the same as original.

If you owned the car for awhile, even untuned, you may have to go to Suspension and Reset To Default. Some cars need a reset on Transmission as well.

THE PRACTICE ROOMS ARE OFFICIALLY OPEN !
If you are assigned to D1, D2, or D3 please join, with your best racecraft, the BLUE ROOM:
1472 4711 0167 3381 1659

If you are assigned to D4, D5, or D6 please join, with your best racecraft, the RED ROOM:
1472 6118 3916 1735 7910

Back by popular demand! Thanks @hognhominy for hosting
Additionally, if you want to focus in your Race craft instead of speed, the Yellow Room will be following the same format with the addition of Competition Yellows at least once during the race depending on the number of laps. Room is focused to run in a pack and improve Race Craft.The YELLOW ROOM:
1472 6399 8665 9408 8185

Sunday August 3rd. Line UP
Unnoficial Results Sunday April 27th

Last edited:
Providing my current control setup is supported by the game and the PS4, lacking a GT7 release and same, that might actually be a reason to buy a PS4.

That's funny cause I have been waiting for that one game or thing that will give me an excuse to buy a PS4 as well.. That game might just be it.!! Are you big into F1? The game & real life?

I'm really sorry but I don't think I'll be able to race this Sunday. Trying to fix my internet and I lag really bad so people probably don't wanna race that. Sadly :(

Not in that order

1. RE Amemiya Rx7 GT300 Base Model '06 (337 HP/512 PP) @ Fuji F
  2. Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (C7) '14 (476 HP/ 533 PP) @ Willow Springs
  3. Nissan GTR-GT500 Base Model '06 (518 HP/584 PP) @ Suzuka Circuit
Now it looks right.

Now we just need some photos so @Pizzle13 can get those sexy banners made.

So I went out shopping for this week's cars, you listed the gtr gt500 as an '06, but the only gtrgt500 I see is an '08; the '06 is a Z!

Am I high? Please clarify...

Mindblowing
mind_blown.gif

1VFAIur.png

Race Date - Sun Jul 27 2014
Penalty Rate 50%
Banner by dabneyd

Below are the results of the 22 incidents the stewards reviewed.

Division 1 - 2 incidents on file
dgafaboutany1420
  • Round 3 - Race 1 - Level 1 - 1 point. 1 week probation
erazer13
  • Round 3 - Race 2 - Level 5 - 29 points. 5 weeks probation.

Division 2 - 7 incidents on file
AG07WRXTR
  • Round 1 - Race 1 - Level 1 - 4 points doubled to 8 for probation violation. 2 weeks probation remain.
Gouletzky
  • Round 2 - Race 2 - Level 1 - 3 points doubled to 6 for probation violation. 4 weeks probation remain.
tenderly90
  • Round 2 - Race 1 - Level 1 - 3 points doubled to 6 for probation violation.
  • Round 2 - Race 2 - Level 1 - 3 points doubled to 6 for probation violation.
  • 12 points total and 6 weeks probation remain.

Division 4 - 6 incidents on file
MajorBlixem
  • Round 2 - Race 1 - Level 2 - 6 points. 2 weeks probation.
SCREAMING_CHIEF
  • Round 2 - Race 1 - Level 1 - 2 points. 1 week probation.

Division 5 - 1 incident on file
C3boo
  • Round 3 - Race 2 - Level 1 - 2 points halved to 1 for on-track concession. 1 week probation.

Division 6 - 6 incidents on file
jay-c2000
  • Round 2 - Race 1 - Level 2 - 8 points. 2 weeks probation.
tevesh2
  • Round 2 - Race 1 - Level 1 - 3 points doubled to 6 for probation violation. 3 weeks probation remain.

These results can be viewed on the SNAIL Steward Review Sheet.

Thanks to JLBowler, Oshawa-Joe, tezgm99 and USERID_77a23 for their reviews this week.
Don't forget to claim your $hells for completing reviews.
:cheers:

* * * * * * * * * * * * *​

These changes affect the final standings.
Full final results can be found here. @zer05ive & @JLBowler, these adjustments have been made in the results sheets.
***If you were penalized and would like further explanation regarding the incident, PM your Division Steward and they will let you know what the stewards saw and our opinions on it.***​

I'm really sorry but I don't think I'll be able to race this Sunday. Trying to fix my internet and I lag really bad so people probably don't wanna race that. Sadly :(
Try and get hard wired instead of wireless and better, wired to the modem instead of router . If you have to go wireless make sure nothing else is using the internet while racing...... Clear your cache.

Back