◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,413 comments
Lol ok. Just as a note in 15 and live under my parents roof. I don't pay for this crap. Download speed 1mbps and upload 0.26 Mbps. Ping is 16 ms
I understand. Unfortunately it could be the root of your problem. Speeds are way slow. With those speeds even hard wired to the modem would show lag I would think. Some techy may be able to chime in on this

Lol ok. Just as a note in 15 and live under my parents roof. I don't pay for this crap. Download speed 1mbps and upload 0.26 Mbps. Ping is 16 ms

The last guy that had issues with speeds like that had to go out and upgrade his internet connection before he could continue racing with us. .26 upload is just not enough to send out the position of your car to 10+ other drivers in the room. The 1.0 download is just barely enough (and in some cases, not enough) to received the position information of the other drivers in the room.

I understand. Unfortunately it could be the root of your problem. Speeds are way slow. With those speeds even hard wired to the modem would show lag I would think. Some techy may be able to chime in on this
Ok thanks!! I'll push for better internet XD What do you think an appropriate speed would be to handle gt6. And is it download speed that mostly determines how responsive online gaming is for me?

The last guy that had issues with speeds like that had to go out and upgrade his internet connection before he could continue racing with us. .26 upload is just not enough to send out the position of your car to 10+ other drivers in the room. The 1.0 download is just barely enough (and in some cases, not enough) to received the position information of the other drivers in the room.
Ok. I'll hold off on racing. I can see everyone else fine. But I'm all over the place. What new speeds am I looking at shooting for to even try racing?

Before we start our August season on Sunday night, but I'd like to give some recognition to our July champions. While a complete summary of the points standings can be found here, these are the official July 2014 champions for each division:

Division 1
@LLOYDZELITE69 / LLOYDZ_ELITE69

Division 2
@nmcp1 / nmcp1

Division 3
@socalnatv / Sand__68

Division 4
@noseknows36 / TheNoseKnows__

Division 5
@JJLopez427 / JJLopez_427

Division 6
@Jayc2k / jay-c2000

Congratulations to all six of you! :cheers:

Last edited:
Ok. I'll hold off on racing. I can see everyone else fine. But I'm all over the place. What new speeds am I looking at shooting for to even try racing?
In your situation 5up 1down(maybe .5)would probably be a good min for you to shoot for. For these games more is better though. Ping rate plays a big role but it's usually out of your control. Your number for that was good though.

In your situation 5up 1down(maybe .5)would probably be a good min for you to shoot for. For these games more is better though. Ping rate plays a big role but it's usually out of your control. Your number for that was good though.
So 5 upload 1 download?

@Digzeh

Here's your official S.N.A.I.L. Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. Send a PSN friend request to the Race Director or Primary Host from your assigned SNAIL Division. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:
Thanks! Ive taken the test and submitted my time trail and gone through all the rules

Ok. Is just wiring to the router ok too or is that just the same are wireless to the router. I can't wire to the modem because my computer is in there and it needs to be in there. Also I'm having problems where I can't play online. I can connect to PSN but when I goto find a lobby I can't see any. This also happens with other games too. Not just gt6

This article , I thought, would be an interesting read for you; or anyone for that matter:)

Back