◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,413 comments
Maybe that's what we need, for the fast guys to give us their best practice tips. I started a thread about that a few years ago and learned a lot from it.

One thing I started doing recently is running a high hp car at Apricot in the rain in an attempt to get better throttle control and car control. I think it helped me with combo 2 this week.

Last edited:

Here are the official results from our league night on August 3, 2014

Click here for this season's points standings and scroll down for comprehensive race data

Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to retrieve it

Division 1
  1. LLOYDZ_ELITE69 ---- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 97 (ineligible for prize because D1 replays were not uploaded)
  2. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. dgafaboutany1420 -- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. Adventuruss ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. PTslopoke --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. dgriffin28 -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. Digzeh- ----------- did not submit a vote
  8. Neovre ------------ did not submit a vote

Division 2
  1. beatin_the_odds --- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 90 (91.46 for Prize A)
  2. Kgffy28 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. dragonwhisky ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. jlbowler ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. Xrad-11 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. Oshawa-Joe -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. AG07WRXTR --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. Ice_Warden -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. Clutch_800 -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  10. Gouletzky --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  11. Unleashed159 ------ voted to eliminate Round 1

Division 3
  1. TheNoseKnows__ ---- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 83 (84.34 for Prize B)
  2. GrimGrnninGhost --- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. FloptaStr8 -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. turnupdaheat ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. AJK-VAIL ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. Drrgreenthumb67 --- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. Sand__68 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. gotdirt410sp ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. tcrash15 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  10. MaddDog28 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  11. GTP_RACECAR ------- voted to eliminate Round 1

Division 4
  1. TEX-36 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3 (80.01 for prize purposed only)
  2. II-NOVA-II -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. CAPECOD104 -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. Grandpas_Money ---- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. chevron ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. Wardenclyffe ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. Fallen_log -------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 89
  8. DesertPenguin09 --- voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. Volcoman3 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  10. chatva ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  11. reigninblood1975 -- voted to eliminate Round 2
  12. SCREAMING_CHIEF --- did not submit a vote

Division 5
  1. imjimeez44 -------- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 79.1 (78.85 for prize purposes only)
  2. CoachMK21 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. spyagent1439 ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. USERID_77a23 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. MajorBlixem ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. TheLordSnowden ---- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. DoublePass -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. ExoSphere64 ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. JJLopez_427 ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  10. spiraldave -------- did not submit a vote

Division 6
  1. Muriloantunes ----- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 80 (83.22 for prize purposes only)
  2. euclid58 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. JakeDog23 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. jay-c2000 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. Skills_19657 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. ShrumpRacer86 ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. racingchamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. RAMZR1_fastrthnu -- voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. Joe_DiBen --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  10. hognhominy -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  11. BR1MANN ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  12. singlepaddy ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  13. TBongX ------------ did not submit a vote
  14. cmbeal317 --------- did not submit a vote

Division 7
  1. blueninjacivic ---- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 89 (84.01 for Prize C)
  2. SHOCKY_WELLHELL --- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. C3boo ------------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. aeroliteflight ---- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. dcschwinn --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. flesxruoyxllik ---- did not submit a vote
  7. McTrucker000 ------ did not submit a vote
  8. Ogg_42 ------------ did not submit a vote
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 1 - RE Amemiya RX7 GT300 Base Model '06 (Race Hard tires) at Fuji Speedway F (6 laps)
Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @Dacana wins Prize A, they get to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Round 2 - Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (C7) '14 (Sport Soft tires) at Willow Springs International Raceway - Big Willow (8 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @noseknows36 gets Prize B, he has the option to "freeze" the car or the track, or he can give that option to the Prize C winner. If he gives the "freeze" away, then he gets to decide what car or track replaces the part of the combo that is left unfrozen by the Prize C winner.

Prize C goes to @BayouSimDrifter so he gets whichever option the Prize B winner does not select.

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your prize selection until all incident reports have been filed and it has been confirmed that you don't have any penalties. It's also recommended that you review some data on our car and track history so that you can get an idea how many times we've raced each car and track. Please remember that originality is always appreciated,so picking cars and tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required). What's more importantis that you thoroughly test any combo that you are considering before making it your official selection. For example, no car you select should not hit its rev limiter at any point during a race (even in the draft).

IMPORTANT: When posting your Prize A or Prize B selection, please list the complete in-game name of the car and/or track you are selecting. For example, if you want to select the Amuse Superlegara for your car, post "Amuse Nismo 380 RS Superlagara". If you want to select Monza for a track, post "Autodromo Nazionale Monza". This makes it much easier for the lineup to be updated accurately and also prevents confusing other league members as to which car or track you are selecting. Also, please be sure to list the PP and HP (after oil change) of any car you select.

Car Selection Guidelines
Dealership Cars - The maximum price for a selected car is now $1,000,000
DLC Cars - Only DLC cars that are FREE and currently still available in the PlayStation Store can be selected.

Track Selection Guidelines
Any non-DLC track can be selected as long as a single lap with the car combo'd with it would not take more than five minutes to complete. For example, don't select anything that includes the Nurburgring's Nordschleife.

Last edited:
FmeorCJ.png

Race Date: 03 August 2014

Currently tracking 13 Incident Reports

We have at least one prize winner with a racing incident being investigated by the stewards. This may, obviously, change the order of the prizes to be selected. All winners are asked to refrain from making selections until the Weekly Steward's report has been posted.

The target deadline for the Steward Reviews, this week, is Wednesday night by 10PM Eastern. The Steward Summary will be posted as soon as possible, following completion of reviews.

:@: SNAIL Stewards, please make your way to The Incident Review Scoring.​

The IR Submission Form is now closed.

Last edited:
Much of it comes down to how quickly you can correct your mistakes and improve upon them.

Your brain is stuck in full retard when you're screwing lap after lap in the same places just to gain a few tenths...no improvements being made there.

I'm going to be opening a lobby tonight for stress relief. We will be doing snail Monday therapy session. What it will be is a fun dirty racing lobby specified to blow of some steam, have fun, and maybe even seek revenge on those who rubbed paint with you Sunday night! Just search for daytona, and I will put room number up soon! All welcome! Would love to have so stop by and join in the fun!

Edit: 1472-6118-3916-1737-9846

Last edited:
Update, I took the quiz on race draft, submitted my time trial result. Please let me know what my division should be. I'm waiting for someone to add me now. Thanks.

Update, I took the quiz on race draft, submitted my time trial result. Please let me know what my division should be. I'm waiting for someone to add me now. Thanks.

Once you get your message with your division placement, nobody will be adding you. It will be your responsibility to add the host and back up host of your division. That information will be included in you placement message. You can expect that message either Tuesday or Wednesday.

I'm not sure if this is appropriate to ask. Anyone minds sharing their FRS time on Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca track and their corresponding division?

If the online server wasn't down I would gladly disappoint you but I can't get on -_-

Any free time I had this week went to watching Six Feet Under on the HBO app so I didn't put any time in...hence me not showing up last night.
No worries man, I was a DNS too.

Back