◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,412 comments
Okay, I thought I would take the advice of trying a few different combos and tried looking at what has not been used in awhile and that would try and have the appeal of good racecraft for everyone in all divisions, I must have tried 20 different combo/tracks lol. After some consideration I'm going to go with something different than what I had originally thought of in the first place, but hopefully will appeal to everyone.

Track: Ascari Full Track

Car: Renault Sport Megane R.S. Trophy '11
447PP/274HP after oil change

Time...I need more. I know how to practice...no time to do it.

You are absolutely right. Life has to much going on to figure out when to take time to practice. Like my job for example, I have this coming Sunday off and I can't race because I was taken out of the series completely. Which I think was unfair. I see post all the time about people not being able to race.
To the person who said I haven't raced in almost two months. I couldn't race in D2 in July because I was working and I posted that I was working. The month of June, the West Coast division wasn't running. Not my fault.

You are absolutely right. Life has to much going on to figure out when to take time to practice. Like my job for example, I have this coming Sunday off and I can't race because I was taken out of the series completely. Which I think was unfair. I see post all the time about people not being able to race.
To the person who said I haven't raced in almost two months. I couldn't race in D2 in July because I was working and I posted that I was working. The month of June, the West Coast division wasn't running. Not my fault.

Roderunner, all you had to do was go here, which is also linked from the first post and in a few SNAILs GTP signatures, and read down the page a bit until you found the link to this post, which would detail how you get to an inactive status and how to return to either active part time or active full time. It is entirely possible, if you wish to race on any given Sunday, no matter how long you've been placed on the inactive status list, a simple PM to the right person will pull you back to active status and get you on the list of drivers as such. Well, that, and actually show up and race.

Failure to know the rules is not someone else's fault.

Just got g27.:banghead: Can't find link to set wheel to I believe 670.

Check here for the full thread on these settings.

You will LOVE warm beer.
I prefer scotch
20140806_122248.jpg

CoachMK21 is LIVE!

As my 1001st post on GTP and 1st as CoachMK21, I wanted to thank @zer05ive for doing all the things he does with this league. He has put in countless hours to keep it alive and us racing, all while not being able to race in the league he created. Thank you to @JLBowler for doing the most thankless job of promotion and relegation and numerous other duties he has (including putting up with my questions). The amount of time he spends on SNAIL outside of racing might as well be another full time job. Thanks for @Dragonwhisky for heading all the incident report reviews and making sure we perform constant vigilance in terms of clean race craft. Thanks to the many other SNAIL spin off directors that have been successful over the years, including but not limited to @GGGMotorsport, @cmbeal317, @JoeW, @kcheeb (@TEX36) and @JLBowler. This is why SNAIL is so unique and successful; there is something for everyone!

But most of all, thank you to each and every one of my fellow SNAIL racers. Without all of you there would be no reason for any of us to continue striving to improve the best GT6 online community in the world, in my opinion.

On that note, I won't be able to race this weekend. One final summer vacation with the family as we head to the Outer Banks.

Roderunner, all you had to do was go here, which is also linked from the first post and in a few SNAILs GTP signatures, and read down the page a bit until you found the link to this post, which would detail how you get to an inactive status and how to return to either active part time or active full time. It is entirely possible, if you wish to race on any given Sunday, no matter how long you've been placed on the inactive status list, a simple PM to the right person will pull you back to active status and get you on the list of drivers as such. Well, that, and actually show up and race.

Failure to know the rules is not someone else's fault.

Check here for the full thread on these settings.
I apologize for my forgetfulness. Oldtimers setting in :)

I have streamlined and updated the SNAIL combo history spreadsheet. It is simple a list of each combo that SNAIL has raced since December of 2011. It is not sortable but it is searchable by using ctrl+F and typing in what you're looking for.

Here is the link. It will be added to the frequently used documents post sometime soon.

Hi my name is Scott G and I just signed up to this site. I want to get into some races but i'm not sure how to get started. I think I'm supposed to post a request here so that's what I'm doing, thank you.

Hi my name is Scott G and I just signed up to this site. I want to get into some races but i'm not sure how to get started. I think I'm supposed to post a request here so that's what I'm doing, thank you.

@Scott G

Here's your official S.N.A.I.L. Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. Send a PSN friend request to the Race Director or Primary Host from your assigned SNAIL Division. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Lower pp will be tighter racing
If you prefer the Mid-shp style consider the NSX R or older model Type S; with lesser HP options in the 111R / Skyline older models. They still have decemt power and hold the road with throttle control (mid-ships); less control with the 4WD. Or maybe you like FF.
My point...... take a little time and select a car you like while keeping in mind your fellow competitors/racers.

Just my [motherly advice] opinion. :)

Okay, I thought I would take the advice of trying a few different combos and tried looking at what has not been used in awhile and that would try and have the appeal of good racecraft for everyone in all divisions, I must have tried 20 different combo/tracks lol. After some consideration I'm going to go with something different than what I had originally thought of in the first place, but hopefully will appeal to everyone.
Track: Ascari Full Track
Car: Renault Sport Megane R.S. Trophy '11
447PP/274HP after oil change
So after doing some testing with a few different cars at Willow, I've decided on:

Lotus Elise 111R '04 (203hp / 447pp)

That would cover the choices for this week. @zer05ive will be along sometime to update the line up post and the banners will be made sometime by someone working somewhere.

That would cover the choices for this week. @zer05ive will be along sometime to update the line up post and the banners will be made sometime by someone working somewhere.
I'll send the info to our now ninja banner maker and see what he comes up with. Would be good to get some lap times so I can give him the race laps and qual sessions times.

Which one will be round 1?

I'll send the info to our now ninja banner maker and see what he comes up with. Would be good to get some lap times so I can give him the race laps and qual sessions times.

Which one will be round 1?

I will check them both and run a few laps in just a couple of minutes. I guess the way to break a tie is to sort by PP in the garage and whichever way the game does it will be the order.

Back