◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,413 comments
I apologize to you all, i guess I am trying to step on peoples feet a bit,not my intention. I went back and re-read the rules, don't agree with it, but will comply. It's like a guy who has played contact hockey most of his life and then has to play a no contact game. Still the same game, but the intensity and realism is just not the same. We called it " excuse me" hockey. What. I am trying to get at is that the rules were there long before me and will be there for a long time after I'm gone. It's your ball and your rules. Please keep telling me when I bust a rule so I can learn them properly on the track.

:lol:

Difference between me and Dragon (winner) for the win was .008. Third place was .025 back from Dragon. In the first race.

We kind of tag teamed Xrad and he didn't have anywhere to go besides my bumper. Have to give @JoeW credit for that win. Xrad was getting a run down the back straight on the last lap and Joe pulled in behind me instead of Xrad and gave us both the edge entering turn 3 and then Joe and I broke side by side coming out of 4 and Xrad just didn't really have anywhere to go to get by us both. It was very tense.

Here are my first impressions of my first race. First, very different than AI, i almost expected other cars to get out of my way or brake much earlier. I certianly didn't expect to win my first race at Daytona. I was anticipating mayhem, but with only 16 cars on a 2.5 oval, it was a rather sedate race. I personally like the ovals, although, shorter ovals are much more fun to drive. It's just me. Second, rubbing and bumping, a clean race is one thing, I am all for that, but we are racing, if someone takes a bad line or brakes poorly into a corner and there is room to stick my front bumper under him dammit, i'm racing, take every advantage on the track, ya, paint might be scratched, as long as you don't wreck the other guy. I would expect a following car to do the same to me if I miss my line. Again, it's racing, if my car comes out unscathed, I feel I didn't race hard enough.
I got nailed from behind in one race which sent me to the back, last place. I started the last race from the pole and screwed my own pooch on one corner to finish 7th, I think.
I must say, as tired as I was at the end of the night, I really enjoyed myself. Good bunch of guys, learned a lot. Made a bunch of huge mistakes, some I recovered from, some I didn't. Got taken out and almost took a couple of others out. Really my only complaint is for myself, I really should run as many laps on the selected tracks as possible to find the best lines and gears, oh well, next week. I have to get a decent seat for racing, my butt was so sore last night. Also, changing the g-27 degree of motion really helps, putting the Lotus at 900 worked miracles at Daytona, any other track 670 or less. See ya'll next week.
Edit
I'll just say this you now when you can make it and when you can't . if you get run and that driver don't really defend his spot much you can try. But think first the more you race with everyone the better understand what other drivers do. Im very agressive but clean. Just learn before dive bomding And this is not AI CLEAN IS FAST GL

Wow.... 0.002 difference, truly intense side by side battle. What was their positions when they begun? Who has the drafting advantage?

The dark one wins because it is in the smaller radius with less distance even though the green one seems to be closer to the finish line. Am i right? :D

I was leading lap 10 and 11. At the start of lap 12, I made like something was wrong:sly: and let Sand pass me and dropped down behind him. Coming out of turn 4, I had a good draft and pulled to the outside where we were drag racing to the finish. Sand was leading most of the race. It was a fun race:tup: Thanks Sand:)

Here are the unofficial results from our league night on August 17, 2014

If you believe that another driver exhibited poor racecraft or is guilty of an S.N.A.I.L. OLR violation, please file a Racing Incident Report by 11pm Eastern / 8pm Pacific tonight. Be sure to follow the instructions precisely or your submission might not be addressed! If you're undecided on whether or not you should file an incident, please remember that clean racing is not only your right, it's also your responsibility and something that we all need to be accountable for. 👍

Click here for this season's points standings and scroll down for comprehensive race data

Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to retrieve it

Division 1
  1. PTslopoke --------- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 83 (ineligible for prize because D1 replays were not uploaded)
  2. LLOYDZ_ELITE69 ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. martin20az -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. QwietStorm03 ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. Kgffy28 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. dgafaboutany1420 -- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. beatin_the_odds --- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. dangerzone641 ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  10. sprintr64 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  11. Bryds ------------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  12. kotobin ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1

Division 2
  1. Xrad-11 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 77 (110.25 for Prize A)
  2. GamingPete -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. Gouletzky --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. AG07WRXTR --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. racefan78 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. dragonwhisky ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. Ice_Warden -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. serge_1919 -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. Rednose58 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  10. DrKronin ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  11. nmcp1 ------------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  12. ConnorWolf -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  13. jlbowler ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  14. Unleashed159 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  15. turbo91stdcivic --- voted to eliminate Round 1

Division 3
  1. MaddDog28 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 85 (73.02 for prize purposes only)
  2. Sand__68 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. AJK-VAIL ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. tcrash15 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. turnupdaheat ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. FloptaStr8 -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. Drrgreenthumb67 --- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. Schmiggz ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. GTP_RACECAR ------- voted to eliminate Round 3

Division 4
  1. chevron ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 88 (77.00 for prize purposes only)
  2. CAPECOD104 -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. Grandpas_Money ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. reigninblood1975 -- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. TEX-36 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. Wardenclyffe ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. chatva ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. EvoSpec10 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. DesertPenguin09 --- voted to eliminate Round 1
  10. Fallen_log -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  11. II-NOVA-II -------- voted to eliminate Round 3

Division 5
  1. CoachMK21 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 76.1 (89.59 for Prize B)
  2. JJLopez_427 ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. DoublePass -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. spyagent1439 ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. HandlebarMustash -- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. John-Rambo_4g ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. MajorBlixem ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. imjimeez44 -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. ExoSphere64 ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  10. USERID_77a23 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  11. goofytyler1995 ---- voted to eliminate Round 1
  12. Vinnybear-O1 ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  13. DigiImprov -------- did not submit a vote

Division 6
  1. ShrumpRacer86 ----- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 92 (58.55 for prize purposes only)
  2. euclid58 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. racingchamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. TBongX ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. singlepaddy ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. Cynthius ---------- did not submit a vote
  7. Muriloantunes ----- did not submit a vote
  8. MCR-Toretto ------- did not submit a vote
  9. cmbeal317 --------- did not submit a vote
  10. Skills_19657 ------ did not submit a vote

Division 7
  1. Ogg_42 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1 - 86 (77.99 for Prize C)
  2. SHOCKY_WELLHELL --- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. aeroliteflight ---- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. Ch11chcftzp ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. blueninjacivic ---- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. flesxruoyxllik ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. Mr_Smile ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. McTrucker000 ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. dcschwinn --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  10. camcard ----------- did not submit a vote
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 1 - Lotus Elise 111R '04 (Sport Hard tires) at Daytona Superspeedway (12 laps)
Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @Xradkins wins Prize A, they get to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Round 2 - Art Morrison Corvette '60 (Sport Soft tires) at Circuit De Spa Francorchamps (4 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @CoachMK21 gets Prize B, he has the option to "freeze" the car or the track, or he can give that option to the Prize C winner. If he gives the "freeze" away, then he gets to decide what car or track replaces the part of the combo that is left unfrozen by the Prize C winner.

Prize C goes to @jamilla so he gets whichever option the Prize B winner does not select.

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your prize selection until all incident reports have been filed and it has been confirmed that you don't have any penalties. It's also recommended that you review some data on our car and track history so that you can get an idea how many times we've raced each car and track. Please remember that originality is always appreciated,so picking cars and tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required). What's more importantis that you thoroughly test any combo that you are considering before making it your official selection. For example, no car you select should not hit its rev limiter at any point during a race (even in the draft).

IMPORTANT: When posting your Prize A or Prize B selection, please list the complete in-game name of the car and/or track you are selecting. For example, if you want to select the Amuse Superlegara for your car, post "Amuse Nismo 380 RS Superlagara". If you want to select Monza for a track, post "Autodromo Nazionale Monza". This makes it much easier for the lineup to be updated accurately and also prevents confusing other league members as to which car or track you are selecting. Also, please be sure to list the PP and HP (after oil change) of any car you select.

Car Selection Guidelines
Dealership Cars - The maximum price for a selected car is now $1,000,000
DLC Cars - Only DLC cars that are FREE and currently still available in the PlayStation Store can be selected.

Track Selection Guidelines
Any non-DLC track can be selected as long as a single lap with the car combo'd with it would not take more than five minutes to complete. For example, don't select anything that includes the Nurburgring's Nordschleife.

Last edited:
StewardsUpdate1.png

Race Date: 17 August 2014

This week's prize winners are clear to make their selections. Good racing!

SIRR.png

IR Submission Form is now closed.
We have 6 incidents on file. Deadline for reviews is NLT 10PM Eastern on Friday, August 22nd, 2014.

Banners by dabneyd

Last edited:
I was leading lap 10 and 11. At the start of lap 12, I made like something was wrong:sly: and let Sand pass me and dropped down behind him. Coming out of turn 4, I had a good draft and pulled to the outside where we were drag racing to the finish. Sand was leading most of the race. It was a fun race:tup: Thanks Sand:)

You didn't fool me. I knew it was a set up, but I didn't care who won. Worst thing that was gonna happen is I finish in second. I good with that!

BTW...you were much easier to push than VAIL.

It's @fzappa 's fault. He draft passed us. What a wanker! :D

:lol: You got that straight

You didn't fool me. I knew it was a set up, but I didn't care who won. Worst thing that was gonna happen is I finish in second. I good with that!

BTW...you were much easier to push than VAIL.

Its great to feel comfortable racing with someone you trust. I know I really didn't fool you, racing with you for to long. It was the really close finish that I was looking for:cheers:

I'm just taller;) :lol:

Why? The times are set for 5 to 7 AM pacific time on Tuesday and Wednesday. I would imagine it would be up and running in between the two times.
Oh I didn't see that part (times of maintenance) but I figure something big could come.

I am surprised at how much I liked the Lotus*.

* I did not get caught in any really big ones, but the frequency of race wrecking moments tempered my enthusiasm. 125 Karts could have been epic!

The analogy is not quite right. Both the Hockey games are real. This is virtual racing and with out guidelines there is little to stop someone ruining another racers night. In real racing doing so would be expensive, dangerous and potentially race ending. Virtually these things are not there so we have rules to try and make sure that people do not ruin other peoples enjoyment of the races.

Trust me plenty of passing and close racing happens in this league. Passes are earned. But more importantly to earn the respect of your fellow drivers you need to race clean.

Mistakes happen. But remember this.

A Meteorite hitting your car is an accident everything else is driver error.
I was not trying to compare the different games, but the different mindset of the player who has to put aside his aggressive nature to fit within the rules of the game. Takes a bit of time to adjust, which I will. Keep ragging me, I need it.

So if any of you have ever raced in a practice room with me and Lloydz in it, you will realize that I talk nothing but **** to Lloydz, he makes it a bunch of fun and we both are very light hearted about it...but seeing as this is one of the few times I will have actually beaten him on a Sunday race night...below is my reaction when I realized I won...

GIFSoup

Great racing by everyone in D1 last night, it was one of the funnest nights I have had!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news @ptslopoke and please don't let it curb your elation at winning your division for the night, but D1 is ineligible to win a prize by virtue of not having their replays uploaded by 8PM eastern tonight. At least I haven't found a set in either the Steward's folders or the public area.

Speaking of which, @GamingPete , you should be able to access this folder and download the set of replays the stewards will be using to review incidents.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news @ptslopoke and please don't let it curb your elation at winning your division for the night, but D1 is ineligible to win a prize by virtue of not having their replays uploaded by 8PM eastern tonight. At least I haven't found a set in either the Steward's folders or the public area.

Speaking of which, @GamingPete , you should be able to access this folder and download the set of replays the stewards will be using to review incidents.

You just had to wait for me to post my celebration...

Thanks,
that worked. 👍

Back