◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,790 comments
Settings
2015-05-10 Settings.png

I want to share a story with you guys today.

Almost a year ago, two friends of mine from school whom are married found out that they were about to be parents! The news was obviously very exciting, as this would be the young couple's first child. Unfortunately, the mood quickly turned to worse when he was diagnosed with cancer, only a week after the news of their upcoming baby. The cancer was already at a somewhat advanced stage, and treatment started immediately. Their little girl was born only 8 weeks ago, both mother and daughter very healthy. Dad couldn't be there for the birth due to treatment, but he got to meet his little girl in the coming days. I lost this friend today. Cancer took him away from his wife, his daughter, before she could even make memories that she will remember, from all of his family and friends that were very fortunate to meet him.

Do me a favour, and make the best of every day you have. You always think that these sorts of stories are reserved for the movies, or news on the other side of the world, and that they will never hit so close to home. They have a blog that will really put things into perspective, and I'm thankful they were able to share their story with everyone. There is also a crowd funding campaign going to help keep the stresses of finances and baby supplies as the least of their worries. I'd really appreciate it if you took some time to at least read their story, understand that he is one of the most enthusiastic and courageous person's I know, and if possible, donate an amount you are comfortable with so we can make sure the future is as bright as he was!

Please PM me for the link to said blog and funding campaign. Thanks everyone.

Almost a year ago, two friends of mine from school whom are married found out that they were about to be parents! The news was obviously very exciting, as this would be the young couple's first child. Unfortunately, the mood quickly turned to worse when he was diagnosed with cancer, only a week after the news of their upcoming baby. The cancer was already at a somewhat advanced stage, and treatment started immediately. Their little girl was born only 8 weeks ago, both mother and daughter very healthy. Dad couldn't be there for the birth due to treatment, but he got to meet his little girl in the coming days. I lost this friend today. Cancer took him away from his wife, his daughter, before she could even make memories that she will remember, from all of his family and friends that were very fortunate to meet him.

Do me a favour, and make the best of every day you have. You always think that these sorts of stories are reserved for the movies, or news on the other side of the world, and that they will never hit so close to home. They have a blog that will really put things into perspective, and I'm thankful they were able to share their story with everyone. There is also a crowd funding campaign going to help keep the stresses of finances and baby supplies as the least of their worries. I'd really appreciate it if you took some time to at least read their story, understand that he is one of the most enthusiastic and courageous person's I know, and if possible, donate an amount you are comfortable with so we can make sure the future is as bright as he was!

We are all here if you need someone to talk to. I'm sorry for you loss.

I am truly sorry my friend. Best wishes for you and the family. PM me the blog link?

Just heartbreaking. Please accept my condolences and PM me the blog.

Bad things happen everyday, but it's much worse when bad things happen to good people we know. Please include me in your PM with the info.

I am going to a funeral tomorrow of a lady that I worked with for 14 years .She had worked with us the day of her passing and she was happy .No one had a clue any thing was wrong and she passed in her sleep . I dont know what is worse the knowing or the loss . But my prayers are for us that have yet to make that journey .YES FALANGO YOU AND THERE FAMILIES ARE IN MY PRAYERS , SO SORRY FOR THEIR LOSS .

I have some understanding as to how you must be feeling as I very recently lost one of my closest lifelong friends. He was gone just three weeks after discovering a lung condition and it's hard to take it in that I can't just pick up the phone and have a chat and a laugh with him.

My thoughts are with you.

Losing loved ones and close friends will be one of the hardest life events to experience. It will inevitably change the way you think about life, usually for the better. As hard as it is to go through these things, time does heal the wounds, but we never forget.
My condolences to you and your friend's family Falango, and also to any other SNAIL's that have had to deal with tragedies in their life.
Sent you a pm.

Thank you all for the support, it really means a lot. Life is precious, remember that.

And finding good people, go wheel to wheel through a hairpin, fill your mirrors with their cars, try to beat you by an inch one day and then support you when times are tough and you need some help, is something we should cherish always.

Also, when I had my daughter, a great friend lost his greatgrandma the day before, who had raised him from a boy (his mom was 15 when he was born and the grandmother was gone already). When he showed up at the hospital after the funeral, I was shocked. He said something I never forgot: the only way to make sense of his loss was to look at a life that was just starting. The cycle is inexorable. We will deal with loss, unfortunately, but we'll also have new life coming in. And knowing that helps me deal with the painful bits.

Life (unfortunately) throws us many curve balls...this couples story is one of many I'm sure but it doesn't make it any easier. My condolences Falango...please send me the donation info for this child & Mother have plenty of other things to worry about.

Wow @FlipJ That just gave me a deep tingle down the side of my body. Truly a wise statement from your friend.

And coming from the most unlikely of sources, which made it more surprising. He's almost like a caveman when it comes to feelings... But sometimes people surprise you.

Just heartbreaking. Please accept my condolences and PM me the blog.
Hey, even though I do not know the guy personally and can not help physically , i wish all connected to this sad and unfortunate story, to find some kind of peace and strength in each other and hold faith in what ever or who ever they beleive in.. On that bomb shell I tonight's 'MID WEEK JAM' will be held with your friend in mind. I lost my mother to cancer when i was 15(can't believe I am being this open in a forum but the thought of the blessed little girl just broight back memories and i hope it brings you some kind of strength even if it's to crack a smile in these sad times). So i was thinking we go for the cancer theme. WHITE PAINT WORK WITH PINK RIMS ONLY.(i know some find it a tad tedious to change colors from their usual but please try)

iT'S 6PM Surrey Uk so i will try to make a flyer before 2300 GMT TO POST ROOM NAME.

Hey, even though I do not know the guy personally and can not help physically , i wish all connected to this sad and unfortunate story, to find some kind of peace and strength in each other and hold faith in what ever or who ever they beleive in.. On that bomb shell I tonight's 'MID WEEK JAM' will be held with your friend in mind. I lost my mother to cancer when i was 15(can't believe I am being this open in a forum but the thought of the blessed little girl just broight back memories and i hope it brings you some kind of strength even if it's to crack a smile in these sad times). So i was thinking we go for the cancer theme. WHITE PAINT WORK WITH PINK RIMS ONLY.(i know some find it a tad tedious to change colors from their usual but please try)

iT'S 6PM Surrey Uk so i will try to make a flyer before 2300 GMT TO POST ROOM NAME.

This is where the livery editor could come in handy...
I'll try to join with some very pink things going on.
That damned disease took 2 grandparents and my dad from me as well. F cancer.

this time i haven't been able to do a
Servus @Engmatic1 , for not haven't been able to you enchanced me with this marverlous stuff, always looking forward to the next pic, 👍, couldn't take my eyes off the screen, and this EPIC sound :eek:, but you do not only well in improving your race minutes week after week but also on track , respect buddy :bowdown:, storm up that division, fair as usual 👍, hang on :cheers:

Although I've raced only 9 nights (thank you, months and months in São Paulo working without a decent internet connection in my hotel), I've just passed my 1st anniversary in SNAIL (first night of racing on 4/13/2014). So hooray, thank you all for the great times and may many more come.

Also, thank you for all the data collectors and organisers. That spreadsheet is an absolute marvel of technology.

Although I've raced only 9 nights (thank you, months and months in São Paulo working without a decent internet connection in my hotel), I've just passed my 1st anniversary in SNAIL (first night of racing on 4/13/2014). So hooray, thank you all for the great times and may many more come.

Also, thank you for all the data collectors and organisers. That spreadsheet is an absolute marvel of technology.
WOW, @FlipJ , amazing, congrats and...:cheers:
1st-birthday-cake-ideas-nz.jpg

Feliz aniversario meu amigo!:cheers:

Back