◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,416 comments
This thread is picking up steam. 👍

Not sure if I'll have anymore posts today, so just a reminder that any pertinent info for open lobby racing tomorrow will available here.

Ouch indeed.. here's a before and after comparison.. :(

107-0796_IMG.jpg

118-1900_IMG.jpg

I was looking for that color combination when i was trying to purchase S2000... I ended up getting Silverston with full black interior....

I was looking for that color combination when i was trying to purchase S2000... I ended up getting Silverston with full black interior....

Yeah the 2002 model year was the only year they offered full red interior. All of the years before and after, the interiors with red were mostly black and only some red. I was just luckily on the market for a new car at that time (my ITR got jacked and stripped to the bone). Silverstone and black is a good looking combo too though. I think that's the combo dvdoughboy used to have on his S2K before upgrading to the same color combo on his NSX.

This sounds like a lot of fun...except for the fact that I can't make that time due to real life commitments. I think I might be cursed on GTP or something :banghead:

Sorry to hear about your S2000 Zer05ive. Moving on to the league, I am glad to see that were going without tuning. I'm not really good at tuning and ended up searching on here for tunes. I think that it will also make it more fair for some of the slower drivers to keep up. I wish that I would have been able to join in on the practice sessions, but I've been a little busy this week. I have practiced a little on my own and am feeling pretty confident for this week. Also its good to see more people joining in. Can't wait to race again Sunday. Also to let everyone know, my brother bought a mic(pictured below), though I don't know if I'll be using is as it's not really comfortable. I'll give it a try though.

imported-ps3-gioteck-ex-02-wireless-bluetooth-headset.jpg

.....How To Join Us
Step 1: Post a request to join our league (do not PM me, just post your request on this thread).....

If you have room for another, I would like to join your league and try out your race series. I'm not sure that I can make every race, but I should be able to attend some of them.

My PSN is GTsail2

Thanks

Sorry to hear about your S2000 Zer05ive. Moving on to the league, I am glad to see that were going without tuning. I'm not really good at tuning and ended up searching on here for tunes. I think that it will also make it more fair for some of the slower drivers to keep up. I wish that I would have been able to join in on the practice sessions, but I've been a little busy this week. I have practiced a little on my own and am feeling pretty confident for this week. Also its good to see more people joining in. Can't wait to race again Sunday. Also to let everyone know, my brother bought a mic(pictured below), though I don't know if I'll be using is as it's not really comfortable. I'll give it a try though.

Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad that the change to non-tuning has been well-received so far. The quality of racing during the practice session was excellent, which is what we were hoping for obviously. However, I don't feel like it's necessary for slower drivers to "keep up" so to speak. Rather, I feel it's more important that slower drivers take advantage of the "Reverse Grid" races of each round by limiting how many times they are overtaken and thereby getting a nice points haul. Since the cars are evenly matched, drivers don't have to necessarily be faster around the track to prevent being passed, they just have to be consistent enough that they don't open up too many clean passing opportunities. Just like in real racing, catching up to a slower opponent is one thing, but overtaking him cleanly is something entirely different!

This sounds like a lot of fun...except for the fact that I can't make that time due to real life commitments. I think I might be cursed on GTP or something :banghead:

Yup, you're right about it being fun! Let us know if your Sunday nights ever free up. We'd be glad to have you if there's still room.

If you have room for another, I would like to join your league and try out your race series. I'm not sure that I can make every race, but I should be able to attend some of them.

My PSN is GTsail2

Thanks

You are officially the first person to follow the new "steps" I added to the OP..
You may now proceed to Step 2 :sly:

.....You may now proceed to Step 2

Thanks zer05ive!

I've received your Friend request and I've purchased the three cars.

Next up is step # 4: .... put some miles on the cars

How much horsepower boost do you get with the engine break-in?

Respectfully,
GTsail

I've been keeping an eye on this group but the Sunday night race time is kinda late for me. I might like to try sometime though. Monday mornings come too early!

Really like your format of stock cars. So you guys do practice races on Friday nights with the cars for the scheduled race? Any other set practice times? Cars all stock with their default tires? Thanks.

So you guys do practice races on Friday nights with the cars for the scheduled race? Any other set practice times? Cars all stock with their default tires? Thanks.

Diabolic opens a public room up and posts the room number in this thread.

I'm pretty sure we'll be racing cars from the Suggested list. With the next race's car, track and tire combo choice given to the top finishers. I believe Diabolic has who gets the specific choices listed a few posts back.

Thanks zer05ive!

You're very welcome! Excited to have a new member join us!

As for the horsepower boost, it's actually fairly significant but I'm not sure what the exact numbers are. We were actually comparing our cars' horsepower during Wednesday's practice session. There was a very slight amount of variance, not enough to make a difference in a race.

Hey! I followed the steps!! I'm ready for tonight's sesh

Excellent, see you tonight then! However, keep in mind that "Fun Fridays" don't necessary use the same cars and tracks that we'll be racing on Sunday night. Tonight, I believe the tracks will be voted upon and the cars are selected based on the PP range selected by whoever gets 1st place. Diabolic might provide more details later, but at the very least he'll provide the room number when he has it up and running 👍

Hey! I followed the steps!! I'm ready for tonight's sesh

I saw that SaGaSpeedLab!

I think that zer05ive made a comment about me because he was surprised that I could read well enough to follow his directions.

Sailor types like me, don't know that much about cars!:)

Respectfully in jest,
GTsail

Yea I know lol I'm just messing with zero. So he can take it easy on me on Sunday!

haha you actually requested to join before I even added the "steps".. They were only added to the OP yesterday. I was just glad to see that someone had read the new instructions and followed them so accurately! :)

Btw, your turbo-snail avatar is awesome!

How could you forget that I had a silverstone on red 02 s2000 zero? I was going to get white on red but you were adamant that I couldn't get the same combo you had.

Pm sent zer0

got it, thanks!

How could you forget that I had a silverstone on red 02 s2000 zero? I was going to get white on red but you were adamant that I couldn't get the same combo you had.

oh yeah, I remember now.. However, saying I was "adamant" is a bit of an exageration.. If I recall correctly, you called and asked me what I thought about you getting the same color combo and I said I "preferred" that you didn't so that we weren't labeled as "twinkies" lol

I had an awesome idea, maybe we could implement a team system so that some beginners like me can be paired with the experts such as diabolic.

So you guys do practice races on Friday nights with the cars for the scheduled race? Any other set practice times?

kcheeb already addressed your question about our Friday night races, but we'll probably keep practicing on Wednesday nights as well (like we did this week). However, we'll only be using the cars and tracks from the new line-up on Wednesday nights (assuming our Prize A and Prize B winners have made their selections by then)

Diabolic opens a public room up and posts the room number in this thread.

I'm pretty sure we'll be racing cars from the Suggested list. With the next race's car, track and tire combo choice given to the top finishers. I believe Diabolic has who gets the specific choices listed a few posts back.

^This information is more accurate that the information I posted about "Fun Fridays". Disregard what I wrote earlier.

btw kcheeb, hilarious avatar lol! Nice sig too! 👍

Thanks zer05ive!

I've received your Friend request and I've purchased the three cars.

Next up is step # 4: .... put some miles on the cars

Respectfully,
GTsail

It could depend on if you did an oil change when stock before anything else. My spirit went up too 307. My 86 is running the gv endurance at home right now and I suspect it'll be bumped at least 10 hp from stock. I'm leaving the Bmw dealer stock 'cause that's how I roll.

To the cars mentioned...NICE. I merely drive an Impreza.

@zero- 01010101 0101010 10101111 1010 0110000

Translation: step 5: lose to cyborg :lol:

Last edited:
How dare you mere human! Thinking I require an airport for long distance travel. :D

101011 00000

Signed,

Diabolic #5

Last edited:
Back