◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,696 comments
QwietStorm:

5CDEB023-18CF-4F72-819D-4A4169C4CBA2-1054-000000883723E9E0_zpsbb601431.jpg

Here are the official results from our league night on August 18, 2013

Click here for detailed results and statistics

Division 1
  1. GTP_Worst_Driver -- voted to eliminate Round 1 82 points (91.48 for Prize B)
  2. OwensRacing ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. GumballCGT -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. martin20az -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. hillracing -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. brianm3 ----------- did not submit a vote
  8. QwietStorm03 ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. brandofo ---------- did not submit a vote
  10. dgafaboutany1420 -- voted to eliminate Round 3
  11. Garage-father ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  12. nmcp1 ------------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  13. racefan78 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  14. BRSbeckett -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  • Da_Panda_Bear ----- DNR
  • dangerzone641 ----- DNR
  • z06fun ------------ DNR
  • dabneyd ----------- DNR
  • JoeyFast22 -------- DNR
  • Ice_Warden -------- DNR
  • GTP_Benz-27 ------- DNR
  • SPEED14231234 ----- DNR
  • Adventuruss ------- DNR
  • BerdiyevA --------- DNR
  • VELOCI_2NR -------- DNR
  • kendawg198 -------- DNR
  • serge_1919 -------- DNR
  • redsoxboy80 ------- DNR
  • WiiFreak ---------- DNR
Division 2
  1. AJK-VAIL ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3 73 points (71.27 for prize purposes only)
  2. tcrash15 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. Drrgreenthumb67 --- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. GCarneiroBR ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. AG07WRXTR --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. zegrated ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. SoCalRacer310 ----- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. kcheeb ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. GTP_RBERINGHS ----- did not submit a vote
  10. jlbowler ---------- DQ'd
  • DrKronin ---------- DNR
  • albtifosi --------- DNR
  • jmoneykillaz09 ---- DNR
  • VAG_star ---------- DNR
  • ND_4_SPD_Naruto --- DNR
  • FaelForna --------- DNR
  • patriot-1128 ------ DNR
  • GTP_Wins ---------- DNR
Division 3
  1. GTP_XR_RACER_11 --- voted to eliminate Round 3 90 points (92.67 for Prize A)
  2. Xrad-11 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. Wolfsatz ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. moperlover -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. Sandblazter ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. rallywgn81 -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. tezgm99 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. JJLopez_427 ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. chatva ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  10. o10231994 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  11. dragonwhisky ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  12. schmiggz ---------- did not submit a vote
  • The2ArmedMen ------ DNR
  • GTP_Ph7shr -------- DNR
  • ONESPACE ---------- DNR
  • Oshawa-Joe -------- DNR
  • HusamOne ---------- DNR
  • GTSuchiiyaSan ----- DNR
  • cheechoo777 ------- DNR
  • zer05ive ---------- DNR
Division 4
  1. canuckleheadII ---- voted to eliminate Round 2 90 points (82.51 for prize purposes only)
  2. TEX-36 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. Vol_Jbolaz -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. ChuthuluGoat ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. SoundTiger95 ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. ExoSphere64 ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. RacingChamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. Skills_19657 ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  • Bandit0627 -------- DNR
  • GTP_pyxen --------- DNR
  • floor_tom --------- DNR
  • VrapPlus ---------- DNR
  • Deadbrah ---------- DNR
  • kkoe -------------- DNR
  • fereck ------------ DNR
  • JESter82178 ------- DNR
  • steppenwolf111 ---- DNR
  • AJHG1000 ---------- DNR
  • edwin1017 --------- DNR
  • whatbadgerseat ---- DNR
  • otakukid965 ------- DNR
  • iroquois-- -------- DNR
  • lifesagamble420 --- DNR
  • GranStand_Bill ---- DNR
Division 5
  1. EAO-HarleyMan ----- voted to eliminate Round 3 91 points (83.26 for Prize C)
  2. hooker4 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. cmbeal317 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. SCREAMING_CHIEF --- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. Handlebar-Man ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. raymann500 -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. RafaelR_13 -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. tevesh2 ----------- did not submit a vote
  • Priest8 ----------- DNR
  • Driftin_Assassin -- DNR
  • Obi-Tonobi -------- DNR
  • myato1 ------------ DNR
  • JRumley ----------- DNR
  • THRASH_46 --------- DNR
  • Fabricio98 -------- DNR
  • georgeleo99 ------- DNR
  • COL_KLINK01 ------- DNR
  • DigiImprov -------- DNR
  • flesxruoyxllik ---- DNR
  • RJ_Whitlock_9mm --- DNR
  • nerf058 ----------- DNR
  • ffbbsou812 -------- DNR
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
ROUND 3 - Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR '08 @Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca

Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since GTP_XR_RACER_11 wins Prize A, he gets to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

The round that received the second most votes was:
ROUND 2 - Ferrari SP1 '08 @Road Course - Indy

This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since GTP_Worst_Driver gets Prize B, he gets to decide which part of the combo is replaced and what replaces it.

Price C goes to EAO-HarleyMan so he gets any gift car ticket listed here (by posting his selection here on the thread).

Last edited:
I got them all, but no access... Say, there are some fun cars in the ocd guys. The merc, ruf, ford and nismo 400r are all lots of fun.

Last edited:
This saddens me. :(👎:grumpy:

Same. :( I didnt race last night (due to cramming last minute homework) but I really enjoyed the SP1. It made me feel like I was going at speeds only the D1 aliens could accomplish. Hopefully something like that combo comes back around so I can feel like an alien again.

I tried to vote strategically and vote for the Ferrari thinking the Viper would clearly get the most votes. That backfired.:ouch: I would have loved to had seen the Ferrari at another course and the Viper gone completely.

The Viper needs a wide open course IMO. Maybe High Speed Ring??

qwietstorm
I tried to vote strategically and vote for the Ferrari thinking the Viper would clearly get the most votes. That backfired.:ouch: I would have loved to had seen the Ferrari at another course and the Viper gone completely.

Think you're overstating the case. That viper needs a drag strip. Its not qualified to turn.

en the
This saddens me. :(👎:grumpy:

Same. :( I didnt race last night (due to cramming last minute homework) but I really enjoyed the SP1. It made me feel like I was going at speeds only the D1 aliens could accomplish. Hopefully something like that combo comes back around so I can feel like an alien again.

The Viper actually received one more elimination vote than the Ferrari. However, once the prize winners' votes were. nullified, so too were two votes for the Viper. Therefore, the Ferrari ends up losing by a single vote. Of course, penalties could change all of this entirely..

Hmmmm, I made it to practice on Wednesday and thought combo 2 and 3 were both better than 1...much better. It feels like the Lotus has crazy X1 grip but doesn't make your eye balls bleed or set your hair on fire.

might be why its sticking around. It is quite easy to drive, I think some of the best racing last night came in the lotus, and while its a fantasy track (I'm not so supposed to them honestly) I think GVS its also a great track for the car as well. Lots of good twisty bits, and areas where it can stretch its albeit tiny legs. Plenty of passing room and an easy handling car, compared to the Twitchy Colt and the Nose Heavy Adder.

Division 3 Pictures

cooking in the oven

ROUND ONE
Lotus Elise RM '96 (135 hp/478 PP)(Racing Hard tires)
@Grand Valley Speedway / Reverse (5 laps)

Last edited:
Great pictures Wolf! Boy that autumn combo'd colored car is the bee's knees! Glad for once I was competitive enough to get in some pictures! Good times fellas!:cheers:

Division 3 Pictures

cooking in the oven

ROUND ONE
Lotus Elise RM '96 (135 hp/478 PP)(Racing Hard tires)
@Grand Valley Speedway / Reverse (5 laps)

ROUND TWO
Ferrari SP1 '08 (Sports Soft tires)
@Road Course - Indy (6 laps)

Last edited:
Woo hoo!!!

D1, last night yielded the largest field I recall seeing in our division at 14 racers. Not to mention the awesomeness of having multiple GT Academy finalists in our presence.

The racing was hard and intense. No wins came for free. You earned everything last night in D1. All in all I think it was a great night of racing.

Someone mentioned SNAIL being more organized then other current events. The room sure does run like a well oiled machine. Very fluid and adaptive.

We did have a sad moment at the end of the night. Worst Driver returning to school and won't be racing. Sorry to see him go. Good Luck with school you Alien.

I went out with a bang, what a great night. In 8 months, I never saw that many drivers on sunday. It was awesome.

Thanks for the wishes Owens, but I'm not gone for good my semester ends in mid december and then I'm a month and a half at home. We'll probably race again on GT6. 👍

HOORAAAAYY!!! :cheers:

BOOOOOOOOO!! :banghead:

In all seriousness though, thank you Jeff for an outstanding 1st year in S.N.A.I.L. We appreciate all you do! :cheers:

As fo you, Yannik.. You're a cool dude and will be missed dearly. Always stepping up to plate to help out and doing it with a smile. Not to mention how fast and clean you are. It's a shame there isn't a GT Academy for Canada because you'd be in the mix to win it for sure. Please don't be a stranger! Come back and race with us when you can! Thanks for everything and good luck in school. :cheers:

It's been a pleasure to help such a great league and team who keeps the league running well and constantly improving. I also want to thank you and the organizers (kcheeb, exo and company) for putting work every week to keep the league running. You guys do a stellar job and we don't say it as often as we should. :cheers:
SNAIL gave me lots of great racing so it's just normal that I gave back to SNAIL. 👍 And thank you for the compliment, I wish we had a GT academy up north, I would have atleast tried.

It's that time, time to turn off the ignition... It's been a great moment racing with you D1 guys. Owens, you are the cleanest racer I've ever encoutered keep it up. Martin, you gave me a hard time with your sheer speed, a pleasure to race against you.

I don't want to forget anyone, qwietstorm, dgafaboutany, racefan, hillracing and gumball, had some heated battles with everyone of you and you fought well and clean. Keep it up guys. :cheers:

As for me, I want to thank everyone for the wishes for school. New experiences await me out there and I can't wait to begin. I'll try my best to race again in december that's for sure.

PS: I'll keep an eye on this thread. ;)

Race hard, race clean, race SNAIL. :cheers:

I spent a long time thinking if I should post this or not. I decided to do it.
Last night I felt tremendously disrespected!!!
On the first qualifying lap at GV with the Lotus Elise i got disconnected. I jumped out my seat and rebooted my router immediately and around a two minutes later I was signing in on my PS3 again so right away, I text DragonWhisky a simple message: "2 MINUTES".
So I start the GT5 game that unfortunately takes a while to be ready to go and jumped back into D3 room.
Astonished, i realized that the race was already going on...just started. They didn`t wait!!!
I felt disrespected... i felt i'm not worth a 2 minute delay.
What bothers me the most is remembering how many times we delayed a race because someone got disconnected and was coming back. I was always the first one saying: "Yes, let's wait a bit 'til he comes back." That happened with Kcheeb, Dragon, Tez, i don't know... several people and the question "shall we wait" always came up. But last night... no! Everyone was in a hurry. **** him! Who cares!
I tried to forget about it... carry on. Two races later i realized.... **** this! I`m off.
Sorry... that`s how I feel. I`m not racing next weekend... in protest.

I spent a long time thinking if I should post this or not. I decided to do it.
Last night I felt tremendously disrespected!!!
On the first qualifying lap at GV with the Lotus Elise i got disconnected. I jumped out my seat and rebooted my router immediately and around a two minutes later I was signing in on my PS3 again so right away, I text DragonWhisky a simple message: "2 MINUTES".
So I start the GT5 game that unfortunately takes a while to be ready to go and jumped back into D3 room.
Astonished, i realized that the race was already going on...just started. They didn`t wait!!!
I felt disrespected... i felt i'm not worth a 2 minute delay.
What bothers me the most is remembering how many times we delayed a race because someone got disconnected and was coming back. I was always the first one saying: "Yes, let's wait a bit 'til he comes back." That happened with Kcheeb, Dragon, Tez, i don't know... several people and the question "shall we wait" always came up. But last night... no! Everyone was in a hurry. **** him! Who cares!
I tried to forget about it... carry on. Two races later i realized.... **** this! I`m off.
Sorry... that`s how I feel. I`m not racing next weekend... in protest.

Group Hug?

chinchilla-group-hug-big.jpg

I'm sure it wasn't done on purpose and definitely no disrespect intended. Just a matter of miscommunication and bad timing. But I know how you feel as it has happened to me before.

I'm sure everyone wants you to race Sunday.

I understand the frustration, Schmiggz, but by waiting out a weekend...the only person you're hurting is yourself please do not do that.

Come back and race with your friends and look forward to better days, that's all we can do when signals get crossed. You know Dragonwhisky would not have done that to you on purpose.

Edit for corrections from Stupid phone...

Last edited:
I understand the frustration but by waiting out a weekend the only person you're hurting is yourself please do not do that. Come back and race with your friends and look forward to better days that's all we can do. You know you would not have done that to you on purpose.

Ditto wasn't done intentionally!

Back