• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,780 comments
LMAO :lol: :D

Really?

Doc has nefarious schemes! :sly:

Top Of The Page Post

8 more

Hope Exo's paying attention and nabs it when it comes up. 💡

If you need material for a little filibustering, I would start with the SNAIL OLR!

Bully idea!

9: Defensive Driving:

A:
Leading cars have the right to choose their own line down a straight. They can change their racing line once while driving down a straight (Move from the outside line to the inside, or vice versa). As they approach the next corner, they can return to the racing line of their choice. However, they are not allowed to change their line when the behind driver is directly behind and changes his line to try and make a pass. If your movement causes an accident, you are responsible.

B:
Leading cars have the right to take their line of choice through corners. I.e. they may drive a defensive line around the inside of a corner to protect their position, thereby forcing an attacking driver to try to pass around the outside. This is not blocking and is part of normal racing etiquette. In fact, apart from the restrictions of rule 10:A, a leading driver can drive any line which they feel is the most inconvenient for any following car to try to pass them.

The Pit Board

9691817954_c7ef5ea099_z.jpg

"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you."
Unknown

"If you don't come walking back to the pits every once in a while holding a steering wheel in your hands, you're not trying hard enough"
Mario Andretti

There is never a shortage of fun around here. The banter that led me to this Top Of The Page Post or commonly referred to as the "TOTPP" was fun. There have been many Friday nights that I was shooting for the elusive TOTPP when the SNAIL community came to my rescue and pushed the thread along so it could be attained. kcheeb has SNAIL sense when it come to this. He has come out of no where a couple of times just to get a few more posts up. Thanks to all of you!

It is so hard to predict what will happen around here. I guess it is the way of the SNAIL. Looking back this organization has always been this way. It is one of many things that makes it interesting and fun. I heard that there was a lull on the thread once but Snopes.com and Mythbusters have proven that to be an urban myth. I read the thread on a daily basis and still lose track of some things. My aging mind only magnifies this by a factor of 3.

Along with the everyday flow of information, the latest source of excitement is sponsored by Stewards Inc. I really don't know how other leagues operate in respect to regulating their races but our steward program has got to be the most organized and proficient on GTPlanet. That said, our group of stewards and the League leadership are streamlining and modernizing our whole incident reporting system. Sunday Night American Interactive League Incident Reporting and Review (S.N.A.I.L.I.R.R.) is now in phase II. If you haven't gotten involved or looked into it yet, now is the time. This new process is just brilliant! It is pretty wild to see everything they have put into it and with kcheeb building the forms and data collection centers you can bet it is going to fantastic! If you have any questions, Dragonwhisky for details. Stewards Inc. :bowdown:

Anyone who has been here longer than a week knows how fast this thread can move. Miss a day and you aren't just a few posts behind, you are several pages behind! With all of that excitement, it can be easy to miss some of the things going on that are kind of out of the spotlight. There is a guy that, in spite of not having the time to race, is out there on a daily basis working hard for all of us. There have been partnerships built with real world companies so that we could have a shot a real prize and the opportunity to purchase products at a discount. Thank you zer0. kcheeb and GranStand Bill are also a part of this too. If I left anyone out, I am sorry. It's that factor of 3 thing!:drool:

A couple of days ago I was trying to get caught back up with all of the latest additions to the SNAIL Results doc. As many times as I have opened the spreadsheet, I am still in awe of just how deep the rabbit hole goes. One of the new additions that I discovered is a pretty cool one. If you haven't looked at the results doc lately you really should. The old monthly results tab has been modified. It is now a collection of links to the archive containing several months of results. A great reference if you want to track your progress over the past few months.

As I wandered around the page, I started adding up some of the numbers. Most of it fairly random but what I was seeing was pretty impressive. If you really look at the data is shows two things. First being the massive amount of information. Second, which is the most fun, is seeing what we have accomplished as a League. I am going to list a few things I thought were interesting. Don't be too critical. Some of the totals are very close but may be slightly off.

Total Sundays:......79
Total Races:......2, 010
Total cars used:......98 (From 1954 to 2014)
Least amount of simultaneous drivers:......7 (1-22-12)
Most amount of simultaneous drivers:......61
Total amount of drivers overall:......3360 (Every driver, race, division etc.)
Current SNAILs:......94
Total drivers to race at least once:......340
Gold Star SNAILS:......38 (One year members)
Team SNAIL members:......39
Other SNAIL sponsored series:......24​

This is just a [very] small sample of some of the totals I was seeing. It just keeps on going. It is also a good indicator of just how healthy our League is. In the near future we are going to see drivers get their second year star. Once we have moved to GT6 it would not surprise me at all to see a couple of more division added.

That wraps it up for this week. Thanks again to all of you and don't forget to get yourself set up with SNAILIRR!!

Race Clean, Race Hard, Race S.N.A.I.L.

Last edited:
Really off topic but is anyone interested in playing Battlefield 3 later?:D I've been having so much fun with it that I need to record some for my channel. :)

Oh and a little announcement. If I can race tomorrow, D5 will be livestreamed through TwitchTV! :D

Really off topic but is anyone interested in playing Battlefield 3 later?:D I've been having so much fun with it that I need to record some for my channel. :)

Oh and a little announcement. If I can race tomorrow, D5 will be livestreamed through TwitchTV! :D

I suck at BF3 but I'm down with some shooting.

Rally would you be able to do that for D4? I know you have some video capture device but can you do a live stream to twitchTV?

Awwwww man id love to join you, but I don't have bf3 only bad company 2 and call of duty

The Pit Board

9691817954_c7ef5ea099_z.jpg

"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you."
Unknown

"If you don't come walking back to the pits every once in a while holding a steering wheel in your hands, you're not trying hard enough"
Mario Andretti

There is never a shortage of fun around here. The banter that led me to this Top Of The Page Post or commonly referred to as the "TOTPP" was fun. There have been many Friday nights that I was shooting for the elusive TOTPP when the SNAIL community came to my rescue and pushed the thread along so it could be attained. kcheeb has SNAIL sense when it come to this. He has come out of no where a couple of times just to get a few more posts up. Thanks to all of you!

It is so hard to predict what will happen around here. I guess it is the way of the SNAIL. Looking back this organization has always been this way. It is one of many things that makes it interesting and fun. I heard that there was a lull on the thread once but Snopes.com and Mythbusters have proven that to be an urban myth. I read the thread on a daily basis and still lose track of some things. My aging mind only magnifies this by a factor of 3.

Along with the everyday flow of information, the latest source of excitement is sponsored by Stewards Inc. I really don't know how other leagues operate in respect to regulating their races but our steward program has got to be the most organized and proficient on GTPlanet. That said, our group of stewards and the League leadership are streamlining and modernizing our whole incident reporting system. Sunday Night American Interactive League Incident Reporting and Review (S.N.A.I.L.I.R.R.) is now in phase II. If you haven't gotten involved or looked into it yet, now is the time. This new process is just brilliant! It is pretty wild to see everything they have put into it and with kcheeb building the forms and data collection centers you can bet it is going to fantastic! If you have any questions, Dragonwhisky for details. Stewards Inc. :bowdown:

Anyone who has been here longer than a week knows how fast this thread can move. Miss a day and you aren't just a few posts behind, you are several pages behind! With all of that excitement, it can be easy to miss some of the things going on that are kind of out of the spotlight. There is a guy that, in spite of not having the time to race, is out there on a daily basis working hard for all of us. There have been partnerships built with real world companies so that we could have a shot a real prize and the opportunity to purchase products at a discount. Thank you zer0. kcheeb and GranStand Bill are also a part of this too. If I left anyone out, I am sorry. It's that factor of 3 thing!:drool:

A couple of days ago I was trying to get caught back up with all of the latest additions to the SNAIL Results doc. As many times as I have opened the spreadsheet, I am still in awe of just how deep the rabbit hole goes. One of the new additions that I discovered is a pretty cool one. If you haven't looked at the results doc lately you really should. The old monthly results tab has been modified. It is now a collection of links to the archive containing several months of results. A great reference if you want to track your progress over the past few months.

As I wandered around the page, I started adding up some of the numbers. Most of it fairly random but what I was seeing was pretty impressive. If you really look at the data is shows two things. First being the massive amount of information. Second, which is the most fun, is seeing what we have accomplished as a League. I am going to list a few things I thought were interesting. Don't be too critical. Some of the totals are very close but may be slightly off.

Total Sundays:......79
Total Races:......2, 010
Total cars used:......98 (From 1954 to 2014)
Least amount of simultaneous drivers:......7 (1-22-12)
Most amount of simultaneous drivers:......61
Total amount of drivers overall:......3360 (Every driver, race, division etc.)
Current SNAILs:......94
Total drivers to race at least once:......340
Gold Star SNAILS:......38 (One year members)
Team SNAIL members:......39
Other SNAIL sponsored series:......24​

This is just a [very] small sample of some of the totals I was seeing. It just keeps on going. It is also a good indicator of just how healthy our League is. In the near future we are going to see drivers get their second year star. Once we have moved to GT6 it would not surprise me at all to see a couple of more division added.

That wraps it up for this week. Thanks again to all of you and don't forget to get yourself set up with SNAILIRR!!

Race Clean, Race Hard, Race S.N.A.I.L.

Another awesome edition of The Pit Board, Exo! You embody the Spirit of S.N.A.I.L. more than anyone and I love you for that, man! [insert bro hug here]. And while I'm and throwing out bro hugs, I want to throw out some to our Chief Stewards, Dragonwhisky and Oshawa-Joe. Huge thanks to Dragonwhisky for spear-heading our new [URL="https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1WQw7aLuyYRiLMy8vcuJ8UgJYMReeyypLwttV6eOGtbo/viewform"]S.N.A.I.L. Incident Report (IR) Submission process [/URL] and huge thanks to Oshawa-Joe for spear-heading our new S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test. Both of these projects took a lot of time and effort to organize and implement. More importantly, both will improve the S.N.A.I.L. experience immeasurably going forward. 👍

And I can't throw our bro hugs without throwing the biggest one of all to kcheeb. He's the glue that holds this whole operation together. Without him, there is no S.N.A.I.L. - simple as that!

And one last thing, Exo. I know you said don't be too critical if some of your totals were slightly off, but I'm about to criticize anyways. :sly: The most amount of simultaneous drivers we've had is actually 62 which happened on June 23rd. Just had to state the true record, for the record. See what I did there? :D

EDIT: Is it wrong that I find myself aroused by that issue of PLAYSNAIL? I feel so.. slimy.. :lol:

Last edited:
Attention G27 Owners

Over the past 2 years, I've been using a DFGT, but recently I've started to think it might be good to upgrade to a G27(plus the DFGT has developed a slight noise that sounds like the gears are grinding, more than what the wheel usually makes). Obvious features aside(better quality, clutch and shifter, etc.), I was wondering if it would be a big improvement racing wise, such as being able to achieve better lap times.

Aside from GT5, the other racing games I play are:
GTR2
Euro Truck Sim 2
F1 2012

Plus I plan on getting:
GT6
Assetto Corsa
Project C.A.R.S.
F1 2013(maybe)

Thanks,
cmbeal317

You guys are awesome. Looking forward to more time with you guys. I just have to throw a Big thanks to a few people. I appreciate everything I have learned from being around them, helping me become better acclimated to SNAIL expectations, and helping me get around the track quicker and more consistently. Those thanks go out to Vail, Owens, Chatva, and Xrad. The past week has been nothing but pure awesome. I really appreciate it guys.

Yes the G27 is a great wheel. I had one and it is noticeable better than the dfgt. Tho I cant comment on how much smoother you will be as I have a Thrustmaster

Anyone interested in a Friday night Series?

Another awesome edition of The Pit Board, Exo! You embody the Spirit of S.N.A.I.L. more than anyone and I love you for that, man! [insert bro hug here]. And while I'm and throwing out bro hugs, I want to throw out some to our Chief Stewards, Dragonwhisky and Oshawa-Joe. Huge thanks to Dragonwhisky for spear-heading our new [URL="https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1WQw7aLuyYRiLMy8vcuJ8UgJYMReeyypLwttV6eOGtbo/viewform"]S.N.A.I.L. Incident Report (IR) Submission process [/URL] and huge thanks to Oshawa-Joe for spear-heading our new S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test. Both of these projects took a lot of time and effort to organize and implement. More importantly, both will improve the S.N.A.I.L. experience immeasurably going forward. 👍

And I can't throw our bro hugs without throwing the biggest one of all to kcheeb. He's the glue that holds this whole operation together. Without him, there is no S.N.A.I.L. - simple as that!

And one last thing, Exo. I know you said don't be too critical if some of your totals were slightly off, but I'm about to criticize anyways. :sly: The most amount of simultaneous drivers we've had is actually 62 which happened on June 23rd. Just had to state the true record, for the record. See what I did there? :D

EDIT: Is it wrong that I find myself aroused by that issue of PLAYSNAIL? I feel so.. slimy.. :lol:

Huge bro hug back zer0!! And one for everyone else! I am still having a great time here! Thanks for the correction as that is an important number. Also I spaced the OLR and Racecraft test! So many good things happening! As far as PlaySNAIL goes, it is in my private collection... I just couldn't post the centerfold. Something in the GTP rules against it but I can tell you that there was an Aston Martin involved!! :drool:

We still have a few ButtKicker Challenge Finalists that haven't made their picks yet. If you haven't made your pick, please do so asap or you risk having your picks given to the other finalists. To make your picks, simply click the Quote button below and then add your name next any numbers that are still available. Be sure to remember how many picks you get. Once you're done making your picks, you need to then delete the [QU0TE=zer05ive;1234567] at the top of the text as well as the [/QU0TE] at the bottom. Doing this will make it much easier for others to make their picks after you. Please do not delete these instructions from your post so that the next finalist can follow the instructions as well.

01 - Owens
02 - Sandblazter
03 - Garagefather
04 - Sandblazter
05 - O10231994
06 - Nic-KL
07 - soundtiger95
08 - nmcp1
09 - hooker4
10 - O10231994
11 - Owens
12 - Garagefather
13 - TEX-36
14 - Sandblazter
15 - hooker4
16 - O10231994
17 -AG07WRXTR
18 - qwietstorm
19 - Sandblazter
20 - martin20az
21 - hooker4
22 - Nic-KL
23 - Owens
24 - Garagefather
25 - soundtiger95
26 -
27 - TEX-36
28 -
29 - qwietstorm
30 - hooker4
31 - nmcp1
32 - Garagefather
33 - Owens
34 - O10231994
35 -36 - TEX-36
37 -AG07WRXTR
38 - martin20az
39 - hooker4
40 -
41 -
42 - Sandblazter
43 -
44 - nmcp1
45 - Garagefather
46 - Nic-KL
47 - martin20az
48 -
49 - soundtiger95
50 -AG07WRXTR
51 -
52 - O10231994
53 -
54 - Nic-KL
55 - nmcp1
56 - hooker4
57 -
58 - martin20az
59 -
60 -
61 - Nic-KL
62 - qwietstorm
63 -
64 - Sandblazter
65 -
66 - soundtiger95
67 -AG07WRXTR
68 - nmcp1
69 - Owens
70 -
71 - Nic-KL
72 -
73 -
74 - qwietstorm
75 -
76 - Garagefather
77 - soundtiger95
78 -
79 - TEX-36
80 -
81 -
82 - Sandblazter
83 - nmcp1
84 -
85 - Owens
86 -
87 - Garagefather
88 - nmcp1
89 -
90 - hooker4
91 - soundtiger95
92 -
93 -
94 -
95 -
96 -
97 -
98 -
99 - Owens

Attention G27 Owners

Over the past 2 years, I've been using a DFGT, but recently I've started to think it might be good to upgrade to a G27(plus the DFGT has developed a slight noise that sounds like the gears are grinding, more than what the wheel usually makes). Obvious features aside(better quality, clutch and shifter, etc.), I was wondering if it would be a big improvement racing wise, such as being able to achieve better lap times.

Aside from GT5, the other racing games I play are:
GTR2
Euro Truck Sim 2
F1 2012

Plus I plan on getting:
GT6
Assetto Corsa
Project C.A.R.S.
F1 2013(maybe)

Thanks,
cmbeal317

I only used the G27 on the PS3 with GT5.

Having used the DFGT of my sons. The G27 is far superior. The shifter while not TH8 awesome. Is a solid shifter that works and offers a good Immersion factor.

The pedals I had removed from the base and inverted. Did a brake mod and after going T500. I still missed my G27 pedals. More so the brake and it mod. Having gone load cell recently. I am finally very happy with the T500 pedals.

I'd recommend the eye racing brake spring as an instant upgrade.

If you have the means to invert the pedals. That is another excellent option.

In the end for the money. This is the best wheel out there. Oh the led rev lights on the wheel are awesome. I always wanted to add a shift light on mine. Tie into the red led's as a trigger signal and fire a Autometer pin style shift light. That would be an amazing mod!!! Someone needs to make a pass trough style box that allows this.

The money saved over a T500 RS could be spent on a Buttkicker Gamer 2. ;)

zer05ive
http://www.thebuttkicker.com/
We still have a few ButtKicker Challenge Finalists that haven't made their picks yet. If you haven't made your pick, please do so asap or you risk having your picks given to the other finalists. To make your picks, simply click the Quote button below and then add your name next any numbers that are still available. Be sure to remember how many picks you get. Once you're done making your picks, you need to then delete the [QU0TE=zer05ive;1234567] at the top of the text as well as the [/QU0TE] at the bottom. Doing this will make it much easier for others to make their picks after you. Please do not delete these instructions from your post so that the next finalist can follow the instructions as well.

01 - Owens
02 - Sandblazter
03 - Garagefather
04 - Sandblazter
05 - O10231994
06 - Nic-KL
07 - soundtiger95
08 - nmcp1
09 - hooker4
10 - O10231994
11 - Owens
12 - Garagefather
13 - TEX-36
14 - Sandblazter
15 - hooker4
16 - O10231994
17 -AG07WRXTR
18 - qwietstorm
19 - Sandblazter
20 - martin20az
21 - hooker4
22 - Nic-KL
23 - Owens
24 - Garagefather
25 - soundtiger95
26 -
27 - TEX-36
28 -
29 - qwietstorm
30 - hooker4
31 - nmcp1
32 - Garagefather
33 - Owens
34 - O10231994
35 -36 - TEX-36
37 -AG07WRXTR
38 - martin20az
39 - hooker4
40 -
41 -
42 - Sandblazter
43 -
44 - nmcp1
45 - Garagefather
46 - Nic-KL
47 - martin20az
48 -
49 - soundtiger95
50 -AG07WRXTR
51 -
52 - O10231994
53 -
54 - Nic-KL
55 - nmcp1
56 - hooker4
57 -
58 - martin20az
59 -
60 -
61 - Nic-KL
62 - qwietstorm
63 -
64 - Sandblazter
65 -
66 - soundtiger95
67 -AG07WRXTR
68 - nmcp1
69 - Owens
70 -
71 - Nic-KL
72 -
73 -
74 - qwietstorm
75 -
76 - Garagefather
77 - soundtiger95
78 -
79 - TEX-36
80 -
81 -
82 - Sandblazter
83 - nmcp1
84 -
85 - Owens
86 -
87 - Garagefather
88 - nmcp1
89 -
90 - hooker4
91 - soundtiger95
92 -
93 -
94 -
95 -
96 -
97 -
98 -
99 - Owens

Someone must have missed my earlier post when I made my choices. I've copied the text below since I don't know how to do link on the app. I can make new choices if you want

ButtKicker Challenge Finalists, I've just sent you a PM. Please copy and paste the entire list of numbers below with your PSN ID added next to your picks:

00 -
01 - Owens
02 - Sandblazter
03 -
04 - Sandblazter
05 -
06 - cmbeal317
07 - soundtiger95
08 - nmcp1
09 -
10 -
11 - Owens
12 -
13 - TEX-36
14 - Sandblazter
15 -
16 -
17 - cmbeal317
18 - qwietstorm
19 - Sandblazter
20 - martin20az
21 -
22 -
23 - Owens
24 -
25 - soundtiger95
26 -
27 - TEX-36
28 -
29 - qwietstorm
30 -
31 - nmcp1
32 -
33 - Owens
34 -
35 -
36 - TEX-36
37 -
38 - martin20az
39 -
40 - cmbeal317
41 -
42 - Sandblazter
43 -
44 - nmcp1
45 -
46 -
47 - martin20az
48 -
49 - soundtiger95
50 -
51 -
52 -
53 -
54 - cmbeal317
55 - nmcp1
56 -
57 -
58 - martin20az
59 -
60 -
61 -
62 - qwietstorm
63 -
64 - Sandblazter
65 - cmbeal317
66 - soundtiger95
67 -
68 - nmcp1
69 - Owens
70 -
71 -
72 -
73 -
74 - qwietstorm
75 -
76 -
77 - soundtiger95
78 -
79 - TEX-36
80 -
81 -
82 - Sandblazter
83 - nmcp1
84 -
85 - Owens
86 - cmbeal317
87 -
88 - nmcp1
89 -
90 -
91 - soundtiger95
92 -
93 -
94 - cmbeal317
95 -
96 -
97 -
98 -
99 - Owens

Thank you! Good luck to all my fellow finalists!

I put this week's lineup on Shared Online if you want to use the GT5 Borrow Glitch.

Option 2, have a hotheaded "Bob" run the 500 PP Seasonal 5. I use an Amuse S2000 with turbo and one or two parts and he needs zero coaching. 895,000 credits in 7:32, no attention req'd... There is your monies... =};-{D#

Option 2, have a hotheaded "Bob" run the 500 PP Seasonal 5. I use an Amuse S2000 with turbo and one or two parts and he needs zero coaching. 895,000 credits in 7:32, no attention req'd... There is your monies... =};-{D#

Just tried this option and its works great !
Thanks for the tip Mr. Mustache 👍

Back