◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,778 comments
7 Laps at Indy would put us between 10 and 11 minute race time. Personally, the only difference in the car from lap 2 to lap 7 is the fuel load getting lighter.

7 Laps at Indy would put us between 10 and 11 minute race time. Personally, the only difference in the car from lap 2 to lap 7 is the fuel load getting lighter.

I ran about 60 laps today at different intervals. Right around lap 7-8 the tires have reached optimal tire temps and have the most grip and provide the most traction. When tire wear was on fast when I tested peak grip was gained around the end of lap 4 instead of lap 6

I thought 9 laps sounded a little high. Can't remember the last time we raced more than 7 laps other than at go kart combos. Updated to 7 laps. 👍

Anybody have the lap count for Round 2?

If it lasts till GT6 I imagine this might be what D1 would look like:

I smell a challenge! We just have to be getting some new tracks for it so we can keep the car going with some originality!

Thanks, bandit! And thanks for logging this in the S.N.A.I.L. Marketplace so that you earned your $hells, There will be some cool stuff put up for sale/auction and having $hells will be the only way to buy these things. :)

Just trying to do my part! Nothing less than that! Thanks for helping me figure it out kcheeb and zer05ive!:)👍

Last edited:
The anticipation is building, I just checked and my G27 has shipped! According to the tracking info from UPS, it's supposed to get here Thursday!!!!:dopey:

You are going to love this wheel after a slight adjustment period. I can't wait till Saturday when we can race again beal!:)

Edit: top of the page and top of the mornin'!

Because. It's a 10 million dollar car. Why not? Where else would you get to drive it? From a purely personal perspective, I have no desire whatsoever to drive, in the game, a car I wouldn't want to drive, in life. Of course, this would limit the car selection by about 65%.

I am really looking forward to starting GT6 so I can play it at the pace it was designed for and with the rest of the community. I started GT5 almost 2 years after release and seriously played catch up, to gather up all the cars in the game. The B-Spec Grinder widget was a godsend for this. There are so many tools out there now for GT5 for collecting cars and grinding cash, there is really no reason to not use every car in the game at this point. I think the remaining weeks of SNAIL GT5 should all be on cars that weren't allowed or are not allowed now. 💡

Last edited:
I like that idea^

Joe, tcrash, and vail Grid2 just released the demolition derby pack for free! Also a patch was released. I hope we can try this out some time.

That's an air scoop for getting fresh air into the cockpit (I think). It's not floating, it's connected to the window.

I like that idea^

Joe, tcrash, and vail Grid2 just released the demolition derby pack for free! Also a patch was released. I hope we can try this out some time.

I'll get it when I get home tonight. I have D2 data to enter tonight so maybe we can get together on Friday eve.

I like that idea^

I'll get it when I get home tonight. I have D2 data to enter tonight so maybe we can get together on Friday eve.

Grid 2 turned out to be a big disappointment for me, but I'm up for some demo derby! It was a blast in the first Grid! I will download it later today!

I'll give it a shot after my kids soccer game.

Good news....Logitech just shipped my G27 on a 2 day UPS! Brand new G27 for the weekend!... I hope.

I like that idea^

They were supposed to have that out a couple days ago... anyways time to go download that pack hopefully!!

Edit: downloading now! Pretty quick download!
Edit2: getting on now! This is gonna suck haven't played in about a month!

Last edited:
Bandit you have Grid2 also, nice. Let's try to get together Friday night.

I've had it since it came out just haven't been playing a lot on it only on season 4 I believe and level 6 online...

Edit: after doing a couple rounds of the demolition derby I can honestly say its not to bad!

Last edited:
ATTENTION D1

The stewards still need race 3 or 4 from 08 SEP 2013, as one of those is missing from the set nmcp uploaded to the google share. By the time stamp, on the one I have, I would say race 3. We will need that race to complete this week's Steward Summary.

Thank you,
Dragonwhisky

ATTENTION D1

The stewards still need race 3 or 4 from 08 SEP 2013, as one of those is missing from the set nmcp uploaded to the google share. By the time stamp, on the one I have, I would say race 3. We will need that race to complete this week's Steward Summary.

Thank you,
Dragonwhisky

PM the info to log on and I'll get it loaded.

I haz new lap top and can do some of this now. (Don't mention my iracing machine, its my baby and doesn't get used for that stuff. LoL)

ATTENTION D1

Thank you,
Dragonwhisky

It's there. I think I might have created a folder that I didn't need to but it's there.

Back