◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,417 comments
What did you fix? I'm on my phone and can't tell what I got wrong.

The only thing off I see is the 478pp when you have the 8 and the ) next to each other you get 8)

You could do a period or space to eliminate the smiley. Like so, 8.) or 8 )

kcheeb
I don't agree with this at all.

You must race in practice with the same level of good racecraft that's expected of you on Sunday nights or any other S.N.A.I.L. event. Period.

I understand what you are saying and I agree. I meant that if mistakes are going to be made. practice would be the place to make them. And if your practicing and trying to figure out break points and things like that. Sometimes those mistakes could be made. But come raceday those problems should be fixed.

Just making sure of my info, red/white wheels is my color and 12 is my number

Hey jazz, just follow the two links in my signature. One is the spreadsheet showing whos driving what colors, the other is the link to the form to enter you color number combo.

What did you fix? I'm on my phone and can't tell what I got wrong.

Traditionally, you show the highest PP car as Round Three. On the second post of the thread you've got the Alfa listed as three and the GTR as two. The info and pics appear in the right place. The titles are not.

This happened in the PS Store under games/avatars. They got one perfect for you sir.

4F385844-1D5C-4DFD-AC79-93FA9593EAD3-1740-000000FA72CA0FFB_zps74b9af7e.jpg

I am all over this! Thanks for the heads up Owens!👍 I wish I could buy it with $hells.

I don't agree with this at all.

You must race in practice with the same level of good racecraft that's expected of you on Sunday nights or any other S.N.A.I.L. event. Period.

This is something that may need to be reiterated. People assume that because its practice you can just take someone out and keep going. There's still a level of respect that must be had. Take someone out, the respectable thing would be to pull over and wait like you would on Sundays. Seems like the respect level is going down.

Nice! Lookin' sharp, guys!

Traditionally, you show the highest PP car as Round Three. On the second post of the thread you've got the Alfa listed as three and the GTR as two. The info and pics appear in the right place. The titles are not.

Ahh, I see. I was a victim of copy and paste carelessness. :ouch:

Fixed it. 👍

s.n.a.i.l. Marketplace
after revealing this idea more than a month ago, i'm proud to finally make the s.n.a.i.l. Marketplace official. This is where those who contribute to the league (aka team s.n.a.i.l.) will be compensated for them time and sacrifice. The curency they will earn will be call $hells:

cowry is the common name for a group of sea snails. Shells of certain species have historically been used as currency in several parts of the world. - wikipedia

in general, every ten minutes of "work" for the league will earn one $hell. However, please keep in mind that this is just an approximation so please don't expect it to be exact - your mileage my vary.

team s.n.a.i.l.- click here to earn credit for your work. (please pm me if you sacrifice your time for the league, but don't see a corresponding action to choose from in the 'how you helped s.n.a.i.l.' section).

****************************************​

of course, currency isn't worth anything unless you can buy things with it. That's why the marketplace will also be used to facilitate the buying and selling of goods and services between snails. In fact, the inspiratoin for the s.n.a.i.l. Marketplace was inspired by the generosity of our members. I've lost count of of how many times a snail has contacted me to offer something as a prize or a gift to a fellow member of the league.

Some of the things that have been offered include used ps3 games, t-shirts. Also, others have offered to make things, either with their own hands (and fabrication skills) or even with a 3d printer! Now that we have this marketplace, these items can be "sold" for $hells and the sellers who sell these types of items will accrue $hells in their s.n.a.i.l. Bank account. They can then use their $hells to purchase other things that are put up for sale in the marketplace.

Please note that services can be sold too! What better way to earn $hells than by helping you fellow snails. For example, if you're a d1 or d2 driver, there will be plenty of interest in tutoring sessions! (i've already received pm's asking for this service to be made available!)

sellers - please post on the thread when you're putting something up for sale. Be sure to include a description of what your selling and ideally a picture as well. You'll also want to mention how many $hells your items costs. If you would rather auction your item, please state your minimum bid (if any) along with the terms of your auction.

buyers - if you want to buy something, please contact the seller by posting a visitor message on his profile wall. If the item is being sold as an auction, please post your bid on the same place. Once you are confirmed as a successful buyer or bidder, please click here to pay a seller for an item that you purchased.

click here to check you $hell balance (coming soon!)
make money money!

I understand what you are saying and I agree. I meant that if mistakes are going to be made. practice would be the place to make them. And if your practicing and trying to figure out break points and things like that. Sometimes those mistakes could be made. But come raceday those problems should be fixed.

This is something that may need to be reiterated. People assume that because its practice you can just take someone out and keep going. There's still a level of respect that must be had. Take someone out, the respectable thing would be to pull over and wait like you would on Sundays. Seems like the respect level is going down.

I don't drive practice nights so I don't know the general atmosphere, but it seems it's been on a slide. That's a bit of a blanket statement and isn't directed at anyone in particular. But, everyone is still responsible for the way they drive, how they act and treat other people.

It's easy, we've provided everyone with a ton of information on what's acceptable in S.N.A.I.L., the OLR, Good Racecraft Guide, Good Racecraft video, S.N.A.I.L. Racecraft exam. Make use of it, read it, watch it and apply it to your racing, you might just have more fun :boggled:

It's easy, we've provided everyone with a ton of information on what's acceptable in S.N.A.I.L., the OLR, Good Racecraft Guide, Good Racecraft video, S.N.A.I.L. Racecraft exam. Make use of it, read it, watch it and apply it to your racing, you might just have more fun :boggled:

👍

Just making sure of my info, red/white wheels is my color and 12 is my number

You can also see the colours and numbers selected in the S.N.A.I.L. Results Doc. Scroll to the right in the Driver Info tab :)

color/number form doesn't exist (; ̄д ̄)

Good eye Dabs, thanks. Jazz, give it a shot now.

The link in my sig is to Rally's announcement post, which has a link to Rallys Google Doc 👍

Good morning...

I followed the last post, about some disagreement and would like to take the conversation to say something I've been thinking the past few weeks.

The league is fantastic, good racing and great racers ... but, as a rookie in SNAIL I will give my opinion.

I always played the GT series, but especially GT5 did not have much opportunity, for lack of time ... only 3 months ago, could start playing.

As much as I know the series, piloting online is completely different races are more fierce, and the concentration level has to be another ... what I see is that the league accepts racers that make good lap time, without knowing how they are racing, then fast guys who do not have much experience in online races come in the league and inevitably commits some errors ...

I believe that for some veterans racers, lack a bit of patience to understand that in many cases the new pilots are not evil, but inexperienced.

I know that you provide all the rules and information, but teaches nothing more than the practice ... and accordingly my suggestion is that the league may have a special division for new racers, or a day of specific training for new riders along the veterans for Stewards could see how the new pilot acts during a race and fix it if necessary until he is able to join the official divisions. These days, all veteran pilots have the consciousness that new pilots are learning and then they would have more patience.

I say all this from my experience ... in my first week went very aggressive, after the race I heard the other pilots said, learned, and the next week I tried to improve ... but the first mistake I made, I was treated like a monster by two pilots, who were not able to understand that I have not acted with malice but I'm inexperienced in online races and was placed in a division higher level by having good times in the time trial.

Yesterday after 2 weeks running in the days of pratice, I believe I did a clean race, without harming anyone, but this was only possible because I'm gaining experience.

I hope that somehow I may have contributed to the league with this post.

Rberinghs

Last edited:
Wouldn't it fall under the realm of common sense that if you know you are entering a competition with a bunch of experienced drivers and you don't have a lot of experience that it would be in your, and everyone else's, best interest to just drive around in the back and get used to the new environment? You have to ask yourself, is it more important to come out and win right out of the gate, or is it more important to learn how to race with others and save the winning for later?

It doesn't make any sense for a time trial master to jump into a race with little to no experience racing with others and try and drive it like a time trial. It also doesn't make any sense to put that guy in a room with six others like him and expect them to learn how to race with people.

When a new driver comes to SNAIL and bounces off of everyone and everything their first night, they need to take a step back and realize that they don't have the skills at the present time to do what they are trying to do. They need to back off the aggression and take a week or two to just ride around in the pack and get used to the differences between running a time trial or racing in open lobbies and SNAIL racing.

I side with bowler here. It's not everyone elses responsibility to watch our for the new guys. If you know you are lacking in the department of sharing the road, then settle back and get the experience. Goto the practice, even get onto some shuffle lobbies. I've been in plenty where people were respectful. Thats a great way to learn to drive in a crowd. Ive also suggested creating a practice session with high boost, this way everyone is sort of "shave tuck" in the crowd and plenty of chances to practice their race craft.

I remember when I first came into SNAIL ...... my Time Trial put me into Div-4. But we all found out very quickly that I had no business being anywhere but Div-5. Spent most of a year "learning" - with the patience and tolerance of the other drivers there.

Having been promoted into Div-4 recently, I am still very much aware that I have a lot more to learn. Primary reason I enter the practice sessions is to save the Races and then watch to see how the Front Runners brake, shift, etc. Have picked up quite a bit doing that over the last year.

My advice, if the Rookies are interested ........ develop some patience, enjoy the league and you will be a lot happier with the outcomes.

IMHO

My advice, if the Rookies are interested ........ develop some patience, enjoy the league and you will be a lot happier with the outcomes.

IMHO

develop some patience Amen :bowdown::bowdown:

Just this can be the biggest catalyst for some racers. When I am calm and patient I do much much better.

👍

Riding in the back will not gain you any experience racing with a group. I don't understand how that would be beneficial to anyone unless the backmarker just entered the race so he could save the replay and learn from that.

You have to be involved in the door to door or at least be close enough to see others doing it in order to learn it. I think the issue is trying to find a balance. You have to be aggressive enough to stay with or in the pack, but passive enough not to barge your way into and through everyone else.

If you are a rookie and come in with the sole intention of being as clean and respectful as possible then it seems you'll be alright.

GTP_Rberinghs
Good morning...

I followed the last post, about some disagreement and would like to take the conversation to say something I've been thinking the past few weeks.

The league is fantastic, good racing and great racers ... but, as a rookie in SNAIL I will give my opinion.

I always played the GT series, but especially GT5 did not have much opportunity, for lack of time ... only 3 months ago, could start playing.

As much as I know the series, piloting online is completely different races are more fierce, and the concentration level has to be another ... what I see is that the league accepts racers that make good lap time, without knowing how they are racing, then fast guys who do not have much experience in online races come in the league and inevitably commits some errors ...

I believe that for some veterans racers, lack a bit of patience to understand that in many cases the new pilots are not evil, but inexperienced.

I know that you provide all the rules and information, but teaches nothing more than the practice ... and accordingly my suggestion is that the league may have a special division for new racers, or a day of specific training for new riders along the veterans for Stewards could see how the new pilot acts during a race and fix it if necessary until he is able to join the official divisions. These days, all veteran pilots have the consciousness that new pilots are learning and then they would have more patience.

I say all this from my experience ... in my first week went very aggressive, after the race I heard the other pilots said, learned, and the next week I tried to improve ... but the first mistake I made, I was treated like a monster by two pilots, who were not able to understand that I have not acted with malice but I'm inexperienced in online races and was placed in a division higher level by having good times in the time trial.

Yesterday after 2 weeks running in the days of pratice, I believe I did a clean race, without harming anyone, but this was only possible because I'm gaining experience.

I hope that somehow I may have contributed to the league with this post.

Rberinghs

I would have to agree with what you said. A new guy can be fast but have some very bad habits from racing in seasonal events. We could say "you need common sense or patience", but I can see situations where they don't know what they don't know and learn the hard way. Probably take a couple of weeks.

The problem is if the seasonal ASpec habits aren't changed once you have been tested ,warned, penalized etc.

IMHO practice is..well practice. Racecraft and OLR definitely apply but guys show up with varying degrees of skill and experience. You also get the students and unemployed showing up with hours of prepractice practice along with guys that just worked 12 hours but want to enjoy a few laps. This is not the main event and everyone definitely needs patience to make sure we get along nice.

Exact Qwiet for someone learning to run, need to be in a race situation, braking, making overtaking, and other things ... but it is important to learn what is the line between aggressiveness and drive safely. And this point is that my suggestion is based, it took me 3 weeks to learn a little of this line, need to learn more, but I'm evolving.

Rally understand when you say that no one has the duty of watching for beginners, but it is interesting to think that most of you are experienced and have the discernment that some beginners do not have. It is noteworthy that each league has a level of aggressiveness that agrees, and random online races, without being in any league, have another profile pilot.

Among all these variables, you behave as if it was obvious a novice entering the room and understand in a few races, which is the best pace to run not too fast to cause an accident, but also not too slow, because it also could cause an accident .

Having this expectation for new drivers, is what generates discussion and generates nervousness and makes desist novice riders to ride by SNAIL,

Having a filter before entering the main divisions pilots would be a solution.

I do not want to wear any snail to defend my opinion, respect everyone's opinion, I'm just trying to contribute to the league..

Riding in the back will not gain you any experience racing with a group. I don't understand how that would be beneficial to anyone unless the backmarker just entered the race so he could save the replay and learn from that.

You have to be involved in the door to door or at least be close enough to see others doing it in order to learn it. I think the issue is trying to find a balance. You have to be aggressive enough to stay with or in the pack, but passive enough not to barge your way into and through everyone else.

If you are a rookie and come in with the sole intention of being as clean and respectful as possible then it seems you'll be alright.

I must apologize for my lack of judgment and respect during last nights practice!

I'll quote JLBowler here as it clearly identifies me!

"Wouldn't it fall under the realm of common sense that if you know you are entering a competition with a bunch of experienced drivers and you don't have a lot of experience that it would be in your, and everyone else's, best interest to just drive around in the back and get used to the new environment? You have to ask yourself, is it more important to come out and win right out of the gate, or is it more important to learn how to race with others and save the winning for later?"

Ok, I clearly think at times that I can! But that's a chance! When it works, I learn latter that it was at the expense of another! (Self discovery after watching the replay), oh F--K, he was right!

As I have gotten more experience and gotten faster, I clearly must slow down and think!
My mentor AJK-VAIL has told me time and time again EXACTLY what Bowler said but when that green flag drops I seem to loose it!
AJK-VAIL has been so patient with me up until last night, after I aggressively took a corner, pushed him to the edge, I was (reprimanded) in a way that I didn't think was warranted!, UNTIL I WATCHED THE REPLAY!
To ALL in last nights practice, I beg forgiveness and I truly apologize!

Chat

It's common sense, respect and education with others, this is basic, all people learn from the cradle ... and you have not learned. Why then do not think that a beginner needs a few weeks to adapt to this "common sense"? before running a race official and harm someone, or worse, be offended by a veteran?

Wouldn't it fall under the realm of common sense that if you know you are entering a competition with a bunch of experienced drivers and you don't have a lot of experience that it would be in your, and everyone else's, best interest to just drive around in the back and get used to the new environment? You have to ask yourself, is it more important to come out and win right out of the gate, or is it more important to learn how to race with others and save the winning for later?

It doesn't make any sense for a time trial master to jump into a race with little to no experience racing with others and try and drive it like a time trial. It also doesn't make any sense to put that guy in a room with six others like him and expect them to learn how to race with people.

When a new driver comes to SNAIL and bounces off of everyone and everything their first night, they need to take a step back and realize that they don't have the skills at the present time to do what they are trying to do. They need to back off the aggression and take a week or two to just ride around in the pack and get used to the differences between running a time trial or racing in open lobbies and SNAIL racing.

Latest Posts

Back