◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,783 comments
I've been searching in the internet for some literature regarding racing tecnics and anything that can teach me the fundmentals of racing. Is there any titles you guys can suggest me?

Schmiggz
I've been searching in the internet for some literature regarding racing tecnics and anything that can teach me the fundmentals of racing. Is there any titles you guys can suggest me?

Search 12 things to make you faster, on gtp.

Thanks zone and dabs... I'm refreshing and reseting myself to come back as soon as possible.

Edit... and u 2 joey

Care to practice the combos Schmmiglio?

Be on in about 45 min.

The I racing videos are awesome!

4in D1

Heading 2 D1.

Last edited:
It appears it's time for a little clarity and transparency. While I think it's stated fairly plainly here what the "Last Chance List" is and the process that takes place, perhaps I can simplify.

If a driver reaches 6 weeks probation for being found at fault for SNOLR violation(s). The stewards vote on whether that driver will be placed on the "Last Chance List".

If the vote is no, the driver serves his probation under normal risks of the probationary period.

If the vote is yes, the driver is made aware of this status and is then under increased risk;
If another SNOLR violation is observed and reported and the driver is found at fault, while serving probation AND being on the "Last Chance List", another vote is taken by the Stewards on whether to invite the driver to take his online racing somewhere besides the S.N.A.I.L Sunday Night event.

Since the current penalty guidelines were adopted, there have been 3 drivers that have triggered a vote to be put on the last chance list. None of them have been "invited" to drive elsewhere, as yet.

Now, I said all that to say this. The probationary period is just that. The last chance list is a wake up call that a driver has been found to repeatedly disregard the tenets of good race craft, sportsmanship and the SNAIL OLR, and is under severe scrutiny, by his peers and the Steward Corp. The probationary period and last chance list should be considered an opportunity to prove you are willing to drive your car into a wall to avoid contact with another car, to avoid, at any cost, any questionable on-track behavior. Drivers on probation and the last chance list are under the burden to drive so squeaky clean that the other drivers are blinded by how they shine. Yes, this burden will be taken advantage of. To bad. If the driver had been operating under the league's rules and guidelines in the first place, he, or she, would not be on probation in the second place.

What it really boils down to folks, is this. Would you drive your real car, that you would have to pay real currency, for real repairs, the same way you do in GT5, during SNAIL events? Think about that.

Note: The current SNOLR post does not include the current Penalty Guidelines.

Well, my PS3 finally gave up the ghost. It's an old 80 GB leaf-blower model that I've had basically since launch, so I'm actually kinda surprised it lasted this long. But, it finally succumbed to the yellow light of death yesterday.

Unfortunately I'm an idiot and never backed up my data. Does anyone know how to get the files off of the hard drive of a dead system? Is there some drive reader I can buy? I wish I could just switch the hard drive into a new console without reformatting it, but I've been told that isn't possible.

Any advice?

racefan78
Well, my PS3 finally gave up the ghost. It's an old 80 GB leaf-blower model that I've had basically since launch, so I'm actually kinda surprised it lasted this long. But, it finally succumbed to the yellow light of death yesterday.

Unfortunately I'm an idiot and never backed up my data. Does anyone know how to get the files off of the hard drive of a dead system? Is there some drive reader I can buy? I wish I could just switch the hard drive into a new console without reformatting it, but I've been told that isn't possible.

Any advice?

This happened to my brother, he took it to a guy that advertised repairs for a ps3. Dude was able to get it to boot and display, we were then able to get his save transferred. Don't know of any other way, sorry.

Any advice?

Check Craigs list under video games, you may find a repair guy there.

Hello all! Looking forward to racing tonight with you all!

Earlier this week, I posted a link to a turtle website asking for votes. And I have thought about it and I have got several pms again telling me to remove it and so on. Which of course I did. I'm sorry I posted a such thing on another thread like that. I also know some of you knew I had snail in my signature in the past. Please don't take this wrong I wanted to add the quote I have in it and keep snail. I will change it so that I will add snail in my Signature later today. Sorry again for this accident snails!

Ok...? I didn't follow what you said, but I see you are trying to make good on something.

Good enough for me, thanks, I think. :-)

Jamie McMurray

Earlier this month I got caught up in a small documentary. The Velocity channel aired a four part series documenting actor and racing car driver Patrick Dempsey and his quest to race the 24 hours of Le Mans. If you haven't seen it, I recommend giving it a chance. It took some time to disassociate Patrick, the nerd from "Can't Buy Me Love", from Mr. Dempsey, the driver. Once I really started to pay attention, some interesting insight into the mental aspect of racing. It's an endless challenge against your own brain. Every sport is: golf, tennis, even 100-meter sprints - where you think it is only due to the sheer power output - they have to be right in the brain too.

Especially in auto racing it is very much brain-driven. To the "outsider" we are merely playing a video game. Most of us that play Gran Turismo, it is not a game at all. The sheer size and scope of GTPlanet is a pretty good indicator of that. Within our League we take the competition with each other pretty seriously. We spend a great deal of time discussing, practicing and trying to perfect our racecraft. We also spend countless hours learning the car and track combinations in preparation for when the racing actually begins. One part of the whole experience that rarely gets addressed is the mental aspect of what we do. Something I think we all need to think about is our state of mind before we line up on race night. Our cars may be painted, broken in and we have practiced our lines and strategies for the nights battles but are we psychologically prepared? The racing we do is very intense and where our heads are before the PS3 is even fired up has a great deal of influence on how we act and perform on the track. Our personal lives are a battle in their own right and what happens in real life can easily find its way onto the grid with us. One thing I am going to do before racing this Sunday is to spend a few minutes before I start lighting off everything and think about my mental state. I am going to set aside a few quiet minutes and clear my head of everything and get myself mentally prepared for the evenings competition. I know it isn't always possible but I think we those of us that don't already do it to give it a try. To some this is just a game but for us it is real competition and as mere humans, we get emotional about some things. Maybe clearing our heads of outside distractions could ease some of the more trying events on track.

There is no doubt mental perpetration and having a clear mind is key.

I had a misunderstanding with the girl I love one Sunday. Came in to the race with thoughts of her and what had transpired. I couldn't clear my mind of the events and focus in racing. I finished nearly last every race that week.

I told myself afterwards if I have another night where my mind isn't in the game so to speak that I will either spectate or not even sit in front of the wheel. It's not truly fair for others when you don't come in at your best with clear head. :)

Great post Exo

04.jpg

Now I know you are going to love this zer05ive.:drool:

Now I know you are going to love this zer05ive.:drool:

Heck yeah! I've got one of those on Thursday night! :sly:

Unfortunately, when I texted my code, I got the following reply:

"Sorry, you didn't win today. Try again tomorrow."

:(

Btw, have you seen the commercials they're running for this promo? It's a pretty funny parody of Sony's "Greatness Awaits" campaign:

Does anyone know if the PS4 will continue it's long strategy of being NOT backward compatible? 💡

It probably won't. It's a completely different architecture (Cell vs x86). It would probably be possible to emulate PS2 in software on the PS4, but not PS3. That said, we might see more cross platform compatibility because of the PS4 and XBox One's nearly identical architecture.

My race day ritual, which usually consist of taking a nap sometime in the afternoon on Sunday, then warming up a couple of hours before race time, was interrupted today, after I decided to move the grandkids Wii upstairs, so the rest of the family could use it while I was hogging the downstairs TV. The reverse is also true.

So, after getting the Wii set up and working upstairs, I proceeded to clean up some of the wire mess behind my TV stand and move the TV as far forward as the stand would allow. As I was getting it all back together and went to plug everything in to the power strip, the breaker in the house panel tripped. No power to anything. Started unplugging devices until the only thing left on the circuit was the power strip and the breaker still tripped. Crap! Made a trip to Lowe's and picked up two new surge protectors, brought them and started again. Got the main stuff, TV, Receiver, Cable box, Modem and PS3 all plugged in to one of them and nothing. WTF? Tested the new power strip with my trusty Fluke and the silly thing put out 3.8V phase to neutral and 83V phase to ground. WTH? Eff it. Took that one back and got one just like the other I'd bought, brought it back, tested it with the Fluke and it was cleared for service with 120V, phase to neutral. Got everything back together and mostly cleaned up, moved the TV closer and it's ready for racing. Not sure I am though.

Probably gonna hang in the back and cruise around tonight and try not to cause any trouble.

Heading to D1 for some warm up and see how this feels with the TV 6" closer to my tired eyeballs.

Back