◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,789 comments
zer05ive
I'm not necessarily against a facebook page, but I'm not really sure the effort is worth it. I've seen other organization here with a facebook account, and there are usually only a handful of "likes", meaning not that many people follow the page. However, if any of you guys has the drive and motivation to manage a facebook page properly (updated frequently with new and interesting content), then please let me know! :)

I could give it a shot zero. Im on fb everyday and wouldnt mind

gooniesclose.jpg

Since I won the game before I even knew I was playing!!!

I need some help! First off, Dabs, if you would be so kind, can you add my email to the snail replay google drive? PM is forth coming.
Everyone else who has a replay from any series within SNAIL, please feel free to share it! A write up, a video tutorial, and a dropbox will be forth coming.

Last edited:
I'm thinking four divisions sounds about right for the October season. If things really fall off the wagon, then we could go to three divisions for November. December will be interesting since GT6 will be out and we'll be using that month as our final month on GT5. However, I hope there will be new excitement when we officially transition to GT6 for the January 2014 season. 👍

We might as well try to turn GTA V into a positive for us, since so many of us are playing it anyways. I even picked up a copy last night to see what all the fuss was about. Who wants to start a S.N.A.I.L. Crew for GTA Online? It launches in a few days, right?

No doubt that would be a major fun social part of SNAIL.

Finished the game I today with my son home I'll from school.

Now in a shopping spree for goodies!

Tip, on the players phones you can shop for vehicles during the game. I missed that and missed owning some of my own sweet rides.

Stole all my cool stuff. LoL

I'm curious. How is it, the Division 4 & 5 night winners scored the same total "Season Points", had the same number of drivers, as far as I can tell, yet have different adjusted points for prize purposes? Granted, the difference is small, relatively speaking, but, all else being equal...

I have some good news and some good/bad news. The good news is that I'm feeling good enough to start racing again! The good/bad news is I got a call from the wonderful people at gmc. I'm going in Friday for an employee assessment day and have a follow up interview scheduled Monday morning!!! If I get the job (I'm fairly confident that I will) there stands a high chance that I will be working the night shift and I'm unsure how that will effect my snailing. I think everyone can understand that I'll be putting the job first. I think if I get the job I will start as a temp, but I hear they move a lot of temps to full time within the first couple months so I may be able to continue snailing until I go full time. I know it's a bit early for any kind of announcement like this, but I'm really confident I can make this happen. I grew up wrenching on cars, I've worked in numerous shops, I'm really young (something something something product loyalty and all that jazz), and I have a guy on the inside. That last one is how I got the call in the first place ;) On another note, is there anything important I've missed in the last couple weeks? Rule changes, flame wars, amazing/horrible car/track combos, ect.

Dragonwhisky
I'm curious. How is it, the Division 4 & 5 night winners scored the same total "Season Points", had the same number of drivers, as far as I can tell, yet have different adjusted points for prize purposes? Granted, the difference is small, relatively speaking, but, all else being equal...

I'll have to confirm later, but it might be the poles each driver won.

I'll have to confirm later, but it might be the poles each driver won.

It may be a mistaken impression on my part, but I understood the adjusted points to be calculated from the total points for the night and number of drivers present. If the pole bonuses are already part of the total, how would that matter?

Panda! Happy to hear your health has improved and you're getting a new job! Sad to hear that may lead to less time with SNAIL.

B-Spec app no worky anymore!

Again, my pedals:
UlfogeU.jpg

My G27 should arrive tomorrow. For short term, I will mod or make a new PVC rig.

Any chance you, or Rally, or any similar 'flipped pedal' guys, get a side shot with a ruler? I am trying to guesstimate the elevation and pitch for the baseplate.

Thanks for any help!

Dragonwhisky
It may be a mistaken impression on my part, but I understood the adjusted points to be calculated from the total points for the night and number of drivers present. If the pole bonuses are already part of the total, how would that matter?

Well, the pole calc uses the original formula for adj points and if one driver got a pole and one didn't their unadj points could be the same if the driver without pole finished one place higher, but the adj totals will be different.

Well, the pole calc uses the original formula for adj points and if one driver got a pole and one didn't their unadj points could be the same if the driver without pole finished one place higher, but the adj totals will be different.

Understood.

My G27 should arrive tomorrow. For short term, I will mod or make a new PVC rig.

Any chance you, or Rally, or any similar 'flipped pedal' guys, get a side shot with a ruler? I am trying to guesstimate the elevation and pitch for the baseplate.

Thanks for any help!

I would go with trial and error to find whatever is comfortable for you. There would be many variables from person to person when trying to fit pedals to the individual including size of foot, flexibility of the ankle, and degree to which your knees are bent. That's just a starter list of what you have to account for. Bottom line is make it comfortable for you.

Thanks for any help!

Mine is a flawed design, so I've had to make some compromises. I used 45° PVC connectors but I had to add some extenders to the bottom to get the wheel usably high. I think a 45°-50° angle would work really well for the pedals, but with the added height to the front it, the angle is closer to 60°. The bottom of the clutch and brake pedals are 6" from the ground. That may be a touch too high, but not by much. If/when I rebuild it, I'm going to leave the pedal box at a 45° angle and measure better.

QjdrN5t.jpg

J2L3Mzq.jpg

And now that I've taken a good long look at it, I see how easily I could have built it correctly. By some stroke of luck I got the wheel platform relatively level. I'm almost embarrassed to post these...

I'm looking for a 2002 Mazda Protege. SPEC no mods. Can provide tickets if needed.

Yeah, I think I have a few. On the way.

Scratch that, I had only two. I was sure I have multiple in more than one color...

Hey Fellow terrestrial pulmonate gastropod molluscs,

It is not to late to join the Performance Cap racing taking place tonight. This is a low key fun event that provides a nice alternative to SPEC racing while still allowing for some close racing. You may even find yourself racing people a few divisions higher than you in close battle on track.

The guys are all friendly and rarely bite (do SNAILs have teeth?) so if you have any questions just hop in to D3 and they can answer any questions you may have.

Full details below.

Monday Race Night in D3 Lounge

09/30/13 at 10:00 PM EST/ 7:00 pm PST

img.php

This event will run with a combined PP cap of:
1735 (SM)
All cars PP must be between 390 and 477

Qualifying and the first race will take place at

High Speed Ring with Weather

If you would like to participate in the next event please post in this thread that you would like to take part. I will add your name to the list. You can also add your name and car lineup to the

Thanks, dabneyd and JLBowler.

Good stuff to chew over.

Are the 90 degree bends considered more stable than the T-joints? I will use PVC Cement once it is measured, cut, pre-fitted, etc.

Thanks, dabneyd and JLBowler.

Good stuff to chew over.

Are the 90 degree bends considered more stable than the T-joints? I will use PVC Cement once it is measured, cut, pre-fitted, etc.

If I may, use a slow cure epoxy instead of the pvc cement. This will give you ample time to get everything together and square. Pvc glue is nearly instant.

If I may, use a slow cure epoxy instead of the pvc cement. This will give you ample time to get everything together and square. Pvc glue is nearly instant.

Hence the measure thrice and prefitting... Still, that sounds like a better idea.

measure and prefit is all good, but sometimes... I actually got that tip watching insidesimracing. The built an ABS rig and even though they prefit, they still ran into issues where something didn't square up well and got stuck just a little off, cause everything else to be just a little off. They got lucky and everything still worked out well. but it is a good idea.

No doubt that would be a major fun social part of SNAIL.

Finished the game I today with my son home I'll from school.

Now in a shopping spree for goodies!

Tip, on the players phones you can shop for vehicles during the game. I missed that and missed owning some of my own sweet rides.

Stole all my cool stuff. LoL

I'd be down for that if I can ever manage to sign into PSN.

So I'm hang in with one of my friends who plays gt5 and all he does is drift really and it really surprises me at how good he can drift but the moment you take away his e-brake rights its like he has no knowledge of driving! It amazes me how people can be so good at something but when it comes time to do something easier they completely suck! It makes me miss racing on Sundays when everybody knows how to drive!

Your Monday Steward's Update

This week's prize winners are clear to make their selections. Good racing!

The SNAILIR Submission Form is now closed.

Still waiting on a couple of division's replays to be uploaded.

Last edited:
D2 data is entered! Also, I was missing a replay from 9/22 and AJK-Vail was nice enough to give me that data over the phone, so D2 data is complete for 9/22.

I think we should throw some $hells AJK-Vails way for the help.👍

Theres an app for that!

Bandit. Drifting is far easier to look good at then racing. Especially with the ds3. Don't have to be as accurate hitting braking points or apexes. You can mess up a corner and still come out looking good.

Here's a breakdown of the adjusted points for the D4 & 5 winners, sorry for the delay.

............... R1 .... R2 .... R3 .... R4 .... R5 .... R6 .... Q1 ... Q2 ... Q3 ... Total
D4 adj points . 16.00 . 13.33 . 13.33 . 06.40 . 16.00 . 08.00 . 0.88 . 0.00 . 0.85 . 74.796666
D4 finish ...... 1 ..... 2 ..... 2 ..... 4 ..... 1 ..... 3 ......................... 91 Points

D5 adj points . 08.00 . 12.00 . 13.33 . 10.67 . 13.33 . 16.00 . 0.82 . 0.00 . 0.88 . 75.033333
D5 finish ...... 3 ..... 2 ..... 2 ..... 3 ..... 2 ..... 1 ......................... 91 Points

Back