◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,412 comments
7temHk3.png

Update:

Hello SNAILs!!! I would just like to take a moment and introduce you too the S.N.A.I.L. Video thread! In this thread you will find a multitude of videos featuring the greatest racing creatures of all SNAILs! Who knew right? So please, come, visit, add it to your favorites, and be sure to check back often as new videos will be placed up there all the time.

If you visit you will notice many reserved spaces. These are for all of you! anyone who races in a series or anyone who runs a series. I would like to invite you to upload some of your replays so I can place them on the channel and share them here. I will be doing this through google drive. I plan of placing 4 replays from each serier, or for those participating. I would also like to work with someone to perhaps build a snail good racecraft series. making a video that highlights a particular subject. Everything from proper passing, examples of bad passes, even perhaps how to run a d1 line around a particular track. This will take some time and planning though. And some help too. So anyone interested, or have replays to share, please PM or post here, and I will set you up.

One more update, a few videos have been added to the Youtube channel!! Be sure to Check It Out!

I think I need to give up on sleeping...
I love this game. Lucky win this time PD. Couldn't do it without you guys!

Last edited:
7temHk3.png

Update:

Hello SNAILs!!! I would just like to take a moment and introduce you too the S.N.A.I.L. Video thread! In this thread you will find a multitude of videos featuring the greatest racing creatures of all SNAILs! Who knew right? So please, come, visit, add it to your favorites, and be sure to check back often as new videos will be placed up there all the time.

If you visit you will notice many reserved spaces. These are for all of you! anyone who races in a series or anyone who runs a series. I would like to invite you to upload some of your replays so I can place them on the channel and share them here. I will be doing this through google drive. I plan of placing 4 replays from each serier, or for those participating. I would also like to work with someone to perhaps build a snail good racecraft series. making a video that highlights a particular subject. Everything from proper passing, examples of bad passes, even perhaps how to run a d1 line around a particular track. This will take some time and planning though. And some help too. So anyone interested, or have replays to share, please PM or post here, and I will set you up.

One more update, a few videos have been added to the Youtube channel!! Be sure to Check It Out!

I think I need to give up on sleeping...
I love this game. Lucky win this time PD. Couldn't do it without you guys!
Are you guys taking requests? I had two races ages ago (Camaro RM at Fuji) that were by far the best races I ever had. Came in Second both times. But I went from 1st to last to 2nd in both races. Was so much fun. I still have the replays and would love to have them as videos.

I've got a replay of the honda rm at Tokyo reverse where the finish was 0.000, I would love to upload this but I don't know how to put it from my ps3 to online

Rallywagon
Absolutely Joby-wan. I will send you a PM shortly.

Yeah can you pm me how to upload replays onto YouTube. (Of gt5 replays) maybe I can post some division 3 snail videos. Not asking for the snail upload job just for fun.

Yeah can you pm me how to upload replays onto YouTube. (Of gt5 replays) maybe I can post some division 3 snail videos. Not asking for the snail upload job just for fun.

You'll need some kind of video capture device. I'm not sure what the current uploaders are using. Guys?

I use a Hauppauge HD PVR Gamer 2. Won't recommend it yet. It only works on my laptop currently. It has issue with something on my desktop. I'm thinking the motherboard. Anyway. I know DA uses something different, and Cheeb uses the Hauppauge HD PVR Gamer.
Ph1sher. What I am working on is setting up a google drive type something like Dab runs for the Sunday replays. When I have it figured out, I'll put out some more info.

Does anyone have any experience with the error code 8002AD36 upon trying to sign into PSN? This is what I keep getting. The IT department on campus is trying to tell me that it's a problem with my PS3, which can't be true because I literally just bought a new one, and my old one was having the same problem right before it died.

Just to bring everyone up to speed, here's what I've tried:
-swapping Ethernet cables
-plugging into a different Ethernet port
-creating a new PSN account
-Buying a whole new PS3 (had to anyway but still...)
-restarting the system multiple times
-The IT department "recycled the ports". Whatever that means.

This has been an ongoing issue for a month now. It's the reason why I haven't been able to race with you guys, and it is royally pissing me off, especially when compounded with the dismissive attitude of the IT staff here (One of them had the balls to tell me I should be studying instead of racing online. I'd like to see him get try to get a 3.5 here. But I digress...)

Anyway, if anyone has any suggestions of what I can do, or suggestions to pass along to IT, i would greatly appreciate it.

Does anyone have any experience with the error code 8002AD36 upon trying to sign into PSN? This is what I keep getting. The IT department on campus is trying to tell me that it's a problem with my PS3, which can't be true because I literally just bought a new one, and my old one was having the same problem right before it died.

Just to bring everyone up to speed, here's what I've tried:
-swapping Ethernet cables
-plugging into a different Ethernet port
-creating a new PSN account
-Buying a whole new PS3 (had to anyway but still...)
-restarting the system multiple times
-The IT department "recycled the ports". Whatever that means.

This has been an ongoing issue for a month now. It's the reason why I haven't been able to race with you guys, and it is royally pissing me off, especially when compounded with the dismissive attitude of the IT staff here (One of them had the balls to tell me I should be studying instead of racing online. I'd like to see him get try to get a 3.5 here. But I digress...)

Anyway, if anyone has any suggestions of what I can do, or suggestions to pass along to IT, i would greatly appreciate it.

You're wired, right? Send them this: https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4084/kw/8002AD36

Third time being promoted into D2 must be a record :dunce:! Glad to be back :). and will definitely practice for races from now on and make sure I don't get demoted again.

This made my day.:) Thanks guys.

Now to take a nap before heading out for another overnight shift.

Last edited:
Hitting D1 to work on the Alfa a little bit. I like the choice, like the track but never really found a car that fit my goal of a 'good fit' at the track.

However, I like this combo, at first blush.

The new TC will be much more work to handle, but I will wrassle with that tomorrow.

So is tonight's practice now D1-D2 / D3-D4?

Thats how I assume practice will be.. I am uncertain. All I do know is I am feeling much better today. ACtually havent been using morphine at all today. Mobility is still limited, but hydrocodone is doing wonders for the residual pain. I will be taking my special pillow and trying the wheel tonight for practice because the controll bs is for the birds.

What time/room?

Practice rooms are usually a public lobby, announced in the thread at 9:45 pm.

How far off the D4/D5 pace is 57.05 for the Alfa? Several spots on track are getting better, but I see where a couple of not-yet-burnished areas still remain and I am missing some opportunities...

Running RM instead of RH on the R35 TC made a world of difference in handling... Reading for details... Much better now!

Last edited:
Well we start practice @ 930. Wolf can always have a room open by then. So if he doesnt have one open i will.

Ninja'd by dabney.... :)

Zero, good afternoon...

If you need someone in this new division, I believe I have understood the rules of the league and could be a steward or performs another function to help the league...

Rberinghs

Thanks for the offer! I see that you were promoted to D1. Let's wait to find out who the General Manager for D1 will be and then we can figure out where we need help in that division. :)

Any volunteers or nominations for division managers? This would be a perfect position for existing division directors, but anyone can apply or be nominated. Exo has D3 covered, but we're still looking for D1, D2, and D4.

9:15 now. Qualifying starts at 9:30.

Frack me with a spoon... I made some promises to kids that I'm supposed to honor. Durn.

If they are understanding and we can tape stuff, or whatever it is in Digi-speak, then I'll see if I can come by for a bit...

Otherwise, I'll stay with plan A and catch y'all on the flip side.

Division Manager? What does that entail?

Basically just make sure that there's someone assigned for each of the division responsibilities each week. If someone assigned to the division forgets to or can't complete his assigned task in a given week, then the division manager would be the one to either remind him or find someone else in the division who can help out. Once those assigned to each responsibility have posted that they've completed their duties for the week (i.e. scorekeeping, uploading replays, entering data), then the division manager will post that everything has been completed for his division. He can then reference his "everything completed" post to earn $hells for his managerial efforts. :)

Last edited:
Third time being promoted into D2 must be a record :dunce:! Glad to be back :). and will definitely practice for races from now on and make sure I don't get demoted again.

This made my day.:) Thanks guys.

Now to take a nap before heading out for another overnight shift.

Glad to be racing with you again! We always had some pretty good racing together when I was in D3 with you. Always good to add another clean racer in D2.

Back