◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,783 comments
Here are some pics from the new combos...

Alfa at Special Stage

ZWXwcgt.jpg

a66WqDD.jpg

hHAWm5v.jpg

3zWc9K6.jpg

And a finish from Kart racing the other night - 8 or 9 racers on grid, this is about 150 yards from the finish line at the end of 6 laps at Tokyo.

rDfPhSk.jpg

Hi SNAILs

I wanted to see if anyone was in need of either a G27 or a DFGT? I have both of them and was going to post them up for sale on craigslist or something as I could use the money right now. I'll only be selling one of the 2 wheels but if someone wants one I could make a good deal for a fellow SNAIL. The DFGT has pedals that are slightly modified with a foam ball and a couple of bungee cords. I found it easier to use this way than stock. The G27 is stock and has very little use on it as I only used it for the GT Academy time trial. Hope this isn't inappropriate to post here but I'd rather see them go to a good home than to some random person. PM me if you're interested.

Hi SNAILs

I wanted to see if anyone was in need of either a G27 or a DFGT? I have both of them and was going to post them up for sale on craigslist or something as I could use the money right now. I'll only be selling one of the 2 wheels but if someone wants one I could make a good deal for a fellow SNAIL. The DFGT has pedals that are slightly modified with a foam ball and a couple of bungee cords. I found it easier to use this way than stock. The G27 is stock and has very little use on it as I only used it for the GT Academy time trial. Hope this isn't inappropriate to post here but I'd rather see them go to a good home than to some random person. PM me if you're interested.

PM me a quote for the G27. Thanks. I hope to help you in this time of need.
X

Rallywagon
you not coming back to race or do you got a better wheel?

I've got my trusty t500 at home and I'm keeping which ever one I don't sell for the road. I'll be back in a few weeks. Was going to bring my wheel with me this trip but ran out of room in my bags.

hillracing
Hi SNAILs

Very interested in the g27!!

56.6 Alfa @ cape ring

1:08.3 scuderia @ high speed ring

So can a monitor make you faster? I finally got a proper 1080p monitor. My previous was a silly 1050 monitor that could only do 720p using composite cables. So I set it up and ran a few laps of the two combos from a few weeks ago. Results:

56.1 in Alfa
1:08.1 in scuderia

Both were with no draft and the scud is not broken in and both were in clean air and no draft. So maybe it was just me improving but I have to think the monitor helped.

Hey guys, I don't know why, but my friends list on PSN has been cleared, Mind if you send an FR from the division room I belong to my account, please?? I also want access to the 2nd division room because SPEC Saturday races :D

Ha! post number 1234 :lol:

Before GT Academy rolls out on Spike TV, you may want to double check you still have the channel on your television package.

My wife works in the industry and mentioned there were 'carriage changes.' Spike TV was dropped or re-bundled or something.

Simple version - if you used to have Spike TV, check to see if you still have it.

Good morning. I am requesting to join S.N.A.I.L. Spec Racing (first post in this thread says to make a request here).

I've played a lot in A-spec races, but never really got into online racing (got sick of people hacking/driving dirty). I've played GT5 since release date, am a very modest level 36 in A-spec. I use a G27 wheel and PlaySeat (recently acquired).

Last edited:
Welcome to the thread intoflatlines. Skills will be along soon for the official welcome message.

Hey guys id just like to bring something up that's been on my mind, I know that we banned luv2coach from this league because of his aggressive driving, but ever since then he's been working hard to improve his driving skill and become more of a clean driver. And so far it has worked. I've been in a few races with him and it turns out he's started a whole new league of his own.

The point of this post is that I think we should let him have another go in SNAIL, he's a changed guy and it's coming to the end of GT5

I think you are right dz. Might be time for management to give coach another chance.

Coach has been given multiple chances. Why should we give him yet another chance?

edit: Coach has also lied to us before. Why should we believe him now?

Last edited:
Coach has been given multiple chances. Why should we give him yet another chance?

so that we can sell how an aggressive driver can become quite fast and clean by SNAIL influence 👍

I also been on his lobby when he hosts. His driving is as clean as any other SNAIL if not better.

In other news....

Anyway, due to low attendance during the last practice nights I am soliciting the help of 1 main HOST / DIRECTOR for tonight's practice and someone that may also be willing to host the Red room in case the Blue one gets full. Please PM me. This is a good opportunity to earn those Hard $hells.

Coach was always able to drive more cleanly during practice and he was able to watch his driving around certain members of SNAIL. The problem was always that as soon as the lights came on for Sunday night, he couldn't control himself.

We all know that he's lied to us. All I'm saying is that he hosts the only clean public lobby in GT5 right now, and if you've raced with him in the past few weeks, you'll understand why he should come back. In a time where SNAIL is on it's last legs for GT5, we should let him back in for the last few weeks.

Another thing I was thinking about was that we should use the last month as a best of SNAIL month, we can bring back the best combos and just relax for the last month in GT5 and remember the good ol times Edit: I also don't want to start an argument over this.

Last edited:
I'm on the same side of the fence as Dabs and Bowler. As the saying goes, burn me once, shame on thee, burn me twice, shame on me. We have had three fiasco's with him. Kicked out twice and the bit with the second account. Hes proven himself to be a bit of a narcissist. When the pressure is on and its more than just an open lobby race, I don't think that we will really see a change. Especially when he really couldn't admit to a wrong in the first place.

Luv2Coach has reached out to me multiple times over the past few months asking for reinstatement into the league. The most recent time I've chatted with him was September 28th, where he once again asked for reinstatement and tried to convince me how clean of a driver he has become. I told him that if he gave me some time for some drama in the stewards thread to calm down, I would recommend his reinstatement for GT6. "New game, clean slate" is how I believe I told him I would pitch it. He said he was fine with that, but I guess he had a change of heart.

October 20, 2013 lineup
banners by jobyone

ROUND ONE
Nissan Fairlady Z Version S (Z33) '07
(326HP / PP 463) (Sports Medium tires)
@Road Course - Twin Ring Motegi (5 laps)

350z_motegi_zps3b87e4eb.jpg

photo by Nicktune

ROUND TWO
Alfa Romeo GIULIA TZ2 carrozzata da ZAGATO CN.AR750106 '65
(177HP / PP 501) (Racing Hard tires)
@Special Stage Route 5 (7 laps)

Alfa_SSR5_zpsdbe370b5.jpg

photo by Nicktune

ROUND THREE
Gran Turismo Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car
(621HP / PP 641) (Racing Medium tires)
@Suzuka Circuit (5 laps)

Gt_Suz_zps21611d25.jpg

photo by Dragonwhisky

Last edited:
I'm on the same side of the fence as Dabs and Bowler. As the saying goes, burn me once, shame on thee, burn me twice, shame on me. We have had three fiasco's with him. Kicked out twice and the bit with the second account. Hes proven himself to be a bit of a narcissist. When the pressure is on and its more than just an open lobby race, I don't think that we will really see a change. Especially when he really couldn't admit to a wrong in the first place.

You guys are probably right. We should leave things as they are for now.

My thoughts on Luv coming back.

I have also been on track with him in the last month or so. He was very clean and cautious when around me. But I felt he was less so once he got past me and was raising a stranger up ahead. That being said if he can control his actions when racing against all SNAILs then I would welcome him back.

But before I would be willing to let that happen I would like for him to publicly acknowledge the mistakes he made and to state his case of why he should be aloud back in.

Hey Rally, read your review on the GTEYE and the posts a couple of pages back, and it seems pretty cool, but I have a question. If I do that mod, will it void my warranty? (I'm assuming yes?)

To be honest, I dont know. I will say, there is no warranty tape, so if you did swap springs, you can swap them back if you do have an issue and none be the wiser.

Is there any warranty tape on any part of the pedals assembly? I'm pretty sure you could tear the pedals down to their component parts, reassemble it, and send it to Logitech for a repair, and they would be none the wiser.

Back