◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,782 comments
Did you swap around the rest of the springs too? If so I suggest spacing the peddles out as far as you can, with the brake peddle more to the right, and thin soled shoes, possibly water shoes if you have them. If not, water shoes they are cheap, airy, light and grip the peddles well.

Did you swap around the rest of the springs too? If so I suggest spacing the peddles out as far as you can, with the brake peddle more to the right, and thin soled shoes, possibly water shoes if you have them. If not, water shoes they are cheap, airy, light and grip the peddles well.

If you're feeling crazy and want to buy a pair of racing shoes, the Puma Speed Cats are nice. I have a pair and I think Owens does as well.

If you're feeling crazy and want to buy a pair of racing shoes, the Puma Speed Cats are nice. I have a pair and I think Owens does as well.

I got a nice pair on Simpson's for $75 from Saferacer. Free shipping. They are very comfortable.

Rallywagon

Do you reccomend me putting the original brake spring in the gas spring? Or??

And I might have to put on my racing shoes! :sly:

Naah, you should be alright if you didnt swap springs. That said, you swap brake to clutch, and clutch to gas. But I feel the gas is actually to hard swapped. I've gotten used to it now, but it gets after a couple of hours. Now that I am used to it, I find it handy when I drift, since the extra resistance helps dampen some of my foot modulations and keeps me from getting "giddy" and over pressing the gas. Clutch feels way better with the brake spring. But since PD did a crappy job implementing the clutch, it actually causes me to miss more shifts. However, that is not the case in rFactor2

S.N.A.I.L. Kart Series Reminder​

9:00 P.M. Eastern time in the SNAIL_Division2 lounge

October 22nd, 2013: PDI Racing Kart 100 or Racing Kart 100

Race 1 - Circuit de la sarthe 2009 with chicanes - 3 laps
Race 2 - Madrid Mini - Reverse - 15 laps
Race 3 - Tsukuba - 15 laps
Race 4 - Twin Ring Motegi Oval - 18 laps

Gearing for each of the tracks can be found here.

Hope to see you tonight!

I've been wanting to run this for a while. No promises, but I may be able to make it tonight. 👍

Rallywagon
Naah, you should be alright if you didnt swap springs. That said, you swap brake to clutch, and clutch to gas. But I feel the gas is actually to hard swapped. I've gotten used to it now, but it gets after a couple of hours. Now that I am used to it, I find it handy when I drift, since the extra resistance helps dampen some of my foot modulations and keeps me from getting "giddy" and over pressing the gas. Clutch feels way better with the brake spring. But since PD did a crappy job implementing the clutch, it actually causes me to miss more shifts. However, that is not the case in rFactor2

Woah woah woah slow it down for the fish, alright lets get this straight, when you modded it, do you mean you switched the entire brake peddle set and clutch set around then you put the brake spring in the clutch and clutch spring in the gas? Correct? And I thought you wanted the gas peddle decently spaced out with the brake since the stock version has it super close.

DrKronin
I've been wanting to run this for a while. No promises, but I may be able to make it tonight. 👍

👍 that would be :cool:

For anyone running tonight, check the rebuild engine in your 100, you may gain a much wanted HP :)

P.S. I left it singular on purpose :lol:

No no, I left the brake in the middle, where it belongs. I took the gas and the brake peddles and moved them to the right most positions and moved the clutch all the way left. I like to have lots of gap between the brake and clutch, because I tend to left foot brake if I am not using the clutch. As for the springs. GTEYE goes to the brakes. Old brake spring moves to the clutch. Old Clutch spring moves to the accelerator, accelerator spring moves to the junk drawer. This configuration came from a suggestion on GTEYE's thread. It helps with the clutch, but might make the gas to hard.

I will be at Karts, I may be at Thursday practice.

I will be in London from Friday through Tuesday night, so no events during that time. ;-)

If the new lineups are announced before I go, I will put cars on Shared Online for those that want to 'borrow' them.

Rallywagon
No no, I left the brake in the middle, where it belongs. I took the gas and the brake peddles and moved them to the right most positions and moved the clutch all the way left. I like to have lots of gap between the brake and clutch, because I tend to left foot brake if I am not using the clutch. As for the springs. GTEYE goes to the brakes. Old brake spring moves to the clutch. Old Clutch spring moves to the accelerator, accelerator spring moves to the junk drawer. This configuration came from a suggestion on GTEYE's thread. It helps with the clutch, but might make the gas to hard.

Got it thanks! 👍

Everyone buy the Mercedes Benz CLK Touring Car '00 in the Online car dealership, track will be announced soon

Thanks

From last week. Votes weren't collected.
That%27s_a_joke_son.jpg

Tried doing the maths to figure out if I can go all Alain Prost on Ph1sher next week, but it hurt my head to much. I don't know whether I need to score 12 more points than him, 12 more points than my lowest night or just 12 points. So I gave up. I think, I might have to score a 98, to lock up the season.

Division 3 was full of some good racing, Sportsmanship was in plain evidence all night. Battles were had up and down the field in each race. Has anybody else had the glitch at SSR5, at the hairpin, where the road surface disappears and it looks like you're driving in space? The second race there was like that for me. Very unsettling. Hope that track goes away, even if I did get a bump draft pass behind Fastfox to get by JJLopez.

Sorry to see the Ford go. As I think I may have mentioned before, give me horsepower under the hood and horse hooves on the tires and I'm a happy camper.

Looking forward to the races next Sunday to see how the points race shakes out.

Oh and Ph1sh, it's better if you're chasing the dragon. If the dragon is chasing you, remember, yer crunchy, and good with ketchup. ;) :D

Yes, I was approaching fastfox at he hairpin and suddenly I got hit by almost everyone!
That was very strange...

Karts in open lobby because of friends list issues.

room number - 1472-4711-0038-4890-7093

This was a lot of fun. I hope I can find the time to do it more often. 👍 👍

BTW, I'm not going to be able to race this Sunday, and November is looking iffy. I might make 1 or 2 nights :grumpy:

For my Prize A selection, I would like to drive the Corvette C7 around Daytona Road Course

For my Prize A selection, I would like to drive the Corvette C7 around Daytona Road Course

Thought you was going with the merc touring car? Lol

My choice is to take the alfa to trial mountain. Done abit of testing an the car seems to suit that circuit

Back