◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,412 comments
I have been a been a big fan of GT5 since its release and I just bought a G27 and would like to get serious about SimRacing! After seeing this tread I would really like to join your race club for a better experience!
Well I tell ya, you came to the right place. Skills will be along soon with the official welcome thread. Welcome to the SNAIL community. If you haven't yet, check out the original post, has a whole slew of info and goodness.
If you don't mind my asking, whatcha got for a rig? A few of us are DIY types that have some good rigs built. Version 3 of my rig will be getting completed this weekend.

Well I tell ya, you came to the right place. Skills will be along soon with the official welcome thread. Welcome to the SNAIL community. If you haven't yet, check out the original post, has a whole slew of info and goodness.
If you don't mind my asking, whatcha got for a rig? A few of us are DIY types that have some good rigs built. Version 3 of my rig will be getting completed this weekend.

I have the "Playseat Evolution" I was going to build myself a rig but found a combo deal for $350 on Craigslist :)

Nice! If I may, I suggest getting the GTEYE brake spring for your peddle set. Installed one not to long ago in mine and it have been amazing! Probably the best upgrade you can do for the g27, and at 30 bucks you cant beat it.

Nice! If I may, I suggest getting the GTEYE brake spring for your peddle set. Installed one not to long ago in mine and it have been amazing! Probably the best upgrade you can do for the g27, and at 30 bucks you cant beat it.

{Grammar Nazi hat going on} Peddle is a verb which means to sell small items. Pedal is the noun you're looking for.

That said, the GTEYE spring is great for your brake pedal!

Yea I heard about the brake mod which I will be doing soon and I also want to try the e-brake mod for drifting and rally, but before I put too much money into the g27, I wanted to hear about the T500rs. It looks like a nice wheel but is it really worth the price tag???

Sorry, havent had my coffee this morning, though I have no excuse for the other times I have done that same thing...

Dab, just the guy I'm looking for! When/if you get a minute, can I get you to do another banner, 'S.N.A.I.L. Drift Sessions' I would be much obliged.

Yea I heard about the brake mod which I will be doing soon and I also want to try the e-brake mod for drifting and rally, but before I put too much money into the g27, I wanted to hear about the T500rs. It looks like a nice wheel but is it really worth the price tag???

Yes and no. I use a g27, and I will stay with it until it no longer breaths life, then see whats out.
Anyway, I say yes, because the feel, the smoothness, the belt drive, it all feels so stellar! It is a well put together peice. But, there are some issues, head to the hardware section, there should actually be a post right up top that highlights some of the flaws (PCB and FFB motor issues.) That said though, all wheels have their short comings. The g27 is not exempt, neither are the other brands. So, if you can, demo it, see what its about. Otherwise, it's just a matter of how serious and how much you want to fork into your rig. The G27 is what I recommend. But you also get what you pay for, and the more expensive option out there are all also worth the price.
(sorry for the double post)

Rallywagon

Right on!! I love it! People are telling me I'm getting "super sonic" :lol:

O I must have misread the post I thought I had to beat a time trial to join or something to join

You do, it's at the bottom of the first post.

How To Join Us
Step 1: Post a request to join (do not PM me, just post your request on this thread)
Step 2: Watch the thread for a reply to your post (it will include detailed Time Trial instructions)
Step 3: Purchase the three cars listed in the latest lineup below (do not add any parts or reduce weight)
Step 4: Break-in your cars (you can use your B-spec drivers) and then get an oil change on each car
Step 5: Join the lounge of the division that you are assigned to on Sunday night (9:30pm Eastern / 6:30pm Pacific)

New engine? For a head gasket? Why not replace it? Unless you drive a honda, I have to imagine that would be cheaper. Speaking of blowing head gaskets, anyone up for some drifting/touge tonight? I kinda stalled on getting something together due to life conflicts (*fist shake @ school*). But I want to get something consistent going on fridays. I would like to get a nice little SNAIL drift team going. Or at least meet enough that we can get some good tandems going. Fastfox, DA, DW, whatcha think? I'd also like to sell the idea to some of you guys who aren't really interested in drifting. Come out and give it a try. At the very least, it is good car control practice, so you know what to do when that big motored Vette tries to kill you.

Im in for tonight Rally. I might need to blow off some steam later anyway.

I have been a been a big fan of GT5 since its release and I just bought a G27 and would like to get serious about SimRacing! After seeing this tread I would really like to join your race club for a better experience!

DMacs13,

Thanks for your interest!

We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test
2. You run the Time Trial. (NOTE: The tires selected for this have more grip than our current tire regulations allow, but please follow the directions exactly anyways).
3. You PM kcheeb with your time from the time trial (no Sunday racing until this is completed).
4. We assign you to the division that we feel will give you the closest competition. kcheeb will add you to the drivers list.
5. We send you a you a PSN friend request from the corresponding SNAIL_Division1, 2, 3 or 4 account. That PSN account's lounge is where you will race on Sunday night.
6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

Please note that we often race DLC from three add-on packs:

Racing Car Pack
Course Pack
Twin Ring Motegi Pack

If you don't have these add-on packs, you will need to sit out the races in which they are used.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

O ok lol well then I will be posting up this Sunday!

Hey DMacs,

As has been said, Skills will be along shortly to give you the full intro 👍

If you'd like you can run the time trial, here's the instructions. Send me a Private Message when you're done.

Cheers,

kcheeb

EDIT: :lol: Ninja'd by Skills 👍

Dmac: I have a T500RS along with a few others here in S.N.A.I.L. The biggest killer is the non movable Paddles for shifting. I actually took OwensRacing's advice and upgraded to the Ferrari GT3 Wheel to get the moving paddle shifter. I absolutlely love the smoothness from the wheel.

On a side note guys I have brakes again. I found a ground wire broken in my pedal set and fixed the right way.

For those of you interested in putting something together on Fridays, I'm all for it. In the game I run a lot of mountain pass-like courses (narrow, tarmac roads in Toscana) with some select tuners that I've put together in the 450-550PP range that really make it interesting. Just running the improvised courses alone is fun.

A possible drift/grip night on some narrow, custom roads as well as any other track (for drift use) would be cool. Just an idea...

New engine? For a head gasket? Why not replace it? Unless you drive a honda, I have to imagine that would be cheaper.

Speaking of blowing head gaskets, anyone up for some drifting/touge tonight? I kinda stalled on getting something together due to life conflicts (*fist shake @ school*). But I want to get something consistent going on fridays. I would like to get a nice little SNAIL drift team going. Or at least meet enough that we can get some good tandems going. Fastfox, DA, DW, whatcha think? I'd also like to sell the idea to some of you guys who aren't really interested in drifting. Come out and give it a try. At the very least, it is good car control practice, so you know what to do when that big motored Vette tries to kill you.

Because this is going to be the 2nd time its failed after 2times its not worth repairing plus I want an engine with more power a 1.7diesel turbo just isnt cutting the mustard anymore! Plus I want to get back into car building so thinking of dropping a 2litre vtec in and doing a little modding since its starting to look sorry for itself.

Ooohhh, my kryptonite! Vtec... :indiff: Anyway. Having the mating surfaces of the head and block milled should fix that issue. Not sure head is probably a little warped. Not sure the car you drive, so not sure of the options to add power, but a turbo diesel should be stout enough to get some power down with a little work, would be a whole heap neater then another b16 swap.

Also....
Tonight, at 10pm EDT D1. Bring your tuner cars, and plenty of tires, for we will be slaying all virtual tires! Drift and touge

Last edited:
Also....
Tonight, at 10pm EDT D1. Bring your tuner cars, and plenty of tires, for we will be slaying all virtual tires! Drift and touge

Hey Rally, I've update the schedule with your drift team idea. However, let's try to keep D1 open for anyone who wants to practice the Sunday combos. I'd recommend holding tonight's drift event in the Open Lobby or in D3 until we have a designated "drift lounge". Perhaps we could use the D4 of D5 lounge for that eventually.

Ooohhh, my kryptonite! Vtec... :indiff: Anyway. Having the mating surfaces of the head and block milled should fix that issue. Not sure head is probably a little warped. Not sure the car you drive, so not sure of the options to add power, but a turbo diesel should be stout enough to get some power down with a little work, would be a whole heap neater then another b16 swap.

Also....

Lol nothing wrong with a vtec!
I drive a vauxhall astra (contary to my gtplanet name since I had to scrap my fizza :-/ ) I had the surfaces done the first time so I think its had it plus its an ex police car so it had been hammed quite abit when I got it.
As for the tuning iv got parts it on it that are just below the max the standard engine can take before getting to serious and getting a custom ecu an forged pistons etc. It could just keep up with most things on the road but now it just feels slow.
I done a partial rebuild when the head gasket last went it improved slightly for a little while but has lost its edge again :-/ plus the fact its got 147k on the clock I think its time for an update

fair enough. Don't let my prejudices hold you back either, but I do feel friends don't let friends drive honda. So I will try to sway you one last time. How about...... An Audi (VW) 1.8L Turbo VAG. They are stout, with forged internals, and take well to some bolt ons and since the internals are already done from the factory, you can focus your attention on a nice turbo set up. The stock internals in the version they used in the first few years of the TT were good for up to around 450hp. Motor starts at about 225 hp, and attaining near 300 is easy with a little work.

All the same, pictures!!! also, what are your emission laws like there? Anything flies in my state! no tests, no checks, just don't get caught out of regulations, but I've never had a car checked.

Ok zer0, Roger Dodger.
Everyone, D3 for tonight!

fair enough. Don't let my prejudices hold you back either, but I do feel friends don't let friends drive honda. So I will try to sway you one last time. How about...... An Audi (VW) 1.8L Turbo VAG. They are stout, with forged internals, and take well to some bolt ons and since the internals are already done from the factory, you can focus your attention on a nice turbo set up. The stock internals in the version they used in the first few years of the TT were good for up to around 450hp. Motor starts at about 225 hp, and attaining near 300 is easy with a little work.

All the same, pictures!!! also, what are your emission laws like there? Anything flies in my state! no tests, no checks, just don't get caught out of regulations, but I've never had a car checked.

Im not much of an audi/vw man but il deffinately look into this :-)

As for the laws over here 🤬
They are totally pathetic you cant even remove the cat an put a straight through pipe on cars after '98 or it'll fail its MOT, if you change it for a performance cat your insurence goes up by atleast £300+ (for my age group anyway) also after this if it fails to meet certain co2 levels you cant drive it on the road! Its not the fact you cant have performance parts or body modifications its the fact the insurence will put you right off! Iv had to make everything under the bonnet look bog standard just incase I get stopped because if they found out I had performance upgrades on it am gettin 6points a rediculess fine an my car crushed! However there is a bonus side to this because it promotes you to go all out and build a custom car because if you change i'd say around 50% from the standard car your insurence then rockets back down (no clue why its like that but I blame the EU)
An example of this is my step dads ford sierra cosworth that had around 220bhp standard an he was quoted around £350 a year but now hes tuned it to 673bhp he was quoted £224 for the year :confused:

Id just like to add it does about 6mpg hits 60 in 3seconds and is geared up to 220mph :sly:

Ok, gotta pay off the wifey. Getting since shakes then be on. 15 minutes or so

Setting up now.

Got two of us drifting in d3, can we get a few more maybe?

ok, Thanks nic and DZ for stopping in. Rooms empty now so I'll be off in lobby land somewhere.

Last edited:
Back