Open ◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Presented by ButtKicker: Feel What You've Been Missing

Discussion in 'SNAIL Racing League' started by zer05ive, Dec 13, 2011.

1. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

So does anyone else have any opinions on having our first official league night with GT6 on December 15, 2013 instead of on January 5, 2014? We would of course implement rules to make sure the first cars in our first GT6 lineup are affordable etc. And we would use December 8th, 2013 as huge testing session to identify what processes and regulations we might need to tweak etc. Everyone who has spoken up so far has been in favor of the idea. Should we move forward with change of plans or does anyone object? We're exactly one month the from launch of GT6 (:)) so we need to make the call one way or the other soon.

2. dabneyd

dabneyd Premium

I say yes. I've got my pre-order set up at Amazon, so I'm hoping I'll get it in the mail on the 6th.

kcheeb likes this.
  3. cmbeal317

cmbeal317 Premium

I'm also gonna say yes! I'm going through Gamestop though as the pre-order incentive was much better! Only a month to go!!!

kcheeb likes this.
  4. GTP_XR_RACER_11

GTP_XR_RACER_11

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
  5. TEX36

TEX36 Premium

I think GTP_XR_Racer has a good idea ....... which, of course, would be tweeked and tuned by our glorious and wise Leaders.
    Since the 24hr Nurb is not familiar to all, equally, I would suggest Spa or Monza for the Grand Finale.
    Also, it would be great if the Final Race could be Live Streamed so the rest of us could watch the "broadcast".
    Just some thoughts - since they were invited.

chatva likes this.
  6. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

Okay, I assume that all the "Likes" of my post are all votes for the GT6 fast track plan. This assumption, combined with the fact that everyone who's commented so far has been in favor of it as well (and nobody has said they were against it) leads to only one possible decision..
    December 1st will be out last official league night using GT5. Two days after the GT6 launch, we'll have an unofficial league night on December 8th to test out the new league and online features of GT6. We will then complete the December season using GT6 with official league nights on December 15th, 22nd, and 29th. :tup:

7. OwensRacing

OwensRacing Premium

S.N.A.I.L.
    Stamina Series

Tonight @ 9pm
    [​IMG]

Car:
    1991 NSX RM (RH + RM Tires)
    Track:
    Suzuka (42+1 laps)

Race will start on RH tires and pit will open at the end of lap 4. So when your lap count is 5 you can pit. I will call out "Pit is Open" on the mic at the time it is open!

zer05ive likes this.
  8. Schmiggz

Schmiggz

I don't know about you guys but me, as soon i get that magic cd in my hands, I'm gonna get enough credits to buy 3 Ferraris on the first 2 days, ehehheheheheh sooooo, that first event in December, BRING WHATEVER COMBO YOU WANT, :D :D :D

zer05ive and OwensRacing like this.
  9. OwensRacing

OwensRacing Premium

I am taking a weeks vacation soon as the game arrives in the mail.

zer05ive likes this.
  10. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

Those are great ideas, guys. However, what would you think about holding this special event on December 5th? This would be a true farewell to GT5 since GT6 will launch the very next day. Also, because it's a Thursday, it can replace our usual practice night. I would rather try to keep the format on Sunday nights consistent so that the monthly championships and lineup progression can continue on as normal. Thoughts?

Schmiggz, TEX36 and chatva like this.
  11. chatva

chatva (Banned)

December 5th works for me!

12. fastfox400

fastfox400

I agree with everyone, but think GT6 should be held out until after Christmas. Personally speaking I will be the busiest from now until after Feb.. So I wont have the time to spend to grind to make money and buy all the cars. Just my .02

13. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

I could probably do something on the 5th of Dec. as a farewell if the format was of interest to me. As for starting with GT6 sooner rather than later, I'm all for that idea. We have shrunk to three divisions already. I wouldn't be surprised if we went down to one if we stayed with GT5 after the launch of GT6.

zer05ive and fzappa like this.
  14. GTP_XR_RACER_11

GTP_XR_RACER_11

I thought the race of the day 12/01 would not count for the month of December, I thought only the last 3 Sundays would be worth.

15. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

Don't worry, we'll limit the price of the cars that can be selected by the Prize A and Prize B winners until everyone has a reasonable amount of time earn credits :tup:

Nope, every season has four official league nights. The December season's league nights will be on the 1st (GT5), the 15th (GT6), the 22nd (GT6), and the 29th (GT6). :)

16. kcheeb

kcheeb Premium

Bidding on the amazing Hauppage PVR is closed.

The top bid is by @fzappa and can be found here. Congrats :tup:

@fzappa you can complete the transaction by filling this form out. If you can pm me your shipping address, I'll get it boxed up and shipped.

Ahh, my first transaction. I'll be rolling in $hells soon :lol:

bandit0627, ExoSphere64 and zer05ive like this.
  17. bandit0627

bandit0627

Congratz fzappa on your new toy!!!

chatva likes this.
  18. ExoSphere64

ExoSphere64

SNAIL Div3 Banner.png

Sunday November 3, 2013

I am a spectacularly crappy photographer but after a long day, I decided to fiddle about with the new thread tools and see what's what. We have some great photo guys here and they really have the skill for great pics and even better commentary. (You know who you are!) I am really stoked at how easy it is to get race pics up with the new GTP software. We have a lot of creative members here and I hope to see more of us try their hand and the photo gig and earn $hells while you do it! I still need to fool around with spacing and order and I just don't have the skills for comments. But here goes nuthin and prepare for the photo load!!

Clubman Stage Route 5.jpg Clubman Stage Route 5_1.jpg Clubman Stage Route 5_2.jpg Clubman Stage Route 5_3.jpg Clubman Stage Route 5_4.jpg Clubman Stage Route 5_5.jpg Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.jpg Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_1.jpg Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_2.jpg Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_3.jpg Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_4.jpg Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_5.jpg Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_6.jpg Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_7.jpg Road Course - Daytona.jpg Road Course - Daytona_1.jpg Road Course - Daytona_2.jpg Road Course - Daytona_3.jpg Road Course - Daytona_4.jpg Road Course - Daytona_5.jpg Road Course - Daytona_6.jpg

19. fzappa

fzappa Premium

Thanks! I thought I would have a little more competition but I'll take it. Maybe I'll post some D2 races now:)

Form filled out and PM sent. Thanks again.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
    kcheeb and zer05ive like this.
  20. Rallywagon

Rallywagon Premium

My first advice, goto the website, download the most recent software for your equipment. Skip the cd. They updated all their software about 6 months ago and it works far better.

fzappa likes this.
  21. Chiochan

Chiochan

Maybe we could use the first 3 prize cars from Sunday cup or what ever to run on our "Sunday cup" to start with.

bandit0627 likes this.
  22. fastfox400

fastfox400

Any else notice prize A and prize B has not been posted and tonight is practice?

23. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

The Prize A selection was announced here, but @Nicktune was waiting for the OCD to refresh before making his Prize B selection.

24. fastfox400

fastfox400

Thanks zero. I appreciate it. Its hard to keep up with mobile. I miss the app.

Jared93 likes this.
  25. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

SNAILs,
    As you guys know, GT Academy will be airing on Spike TV starting on Monday night. With so many of our fellow SNAILs in the show, I thought it'd be fun to have some interactive contests during the broadcasts. Therefore, I've created a Twitter account for the league. We'll be giving away GT Academy shirts and PSN Cards, but you can only win if you..

Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
    Ph1sher and kcheeb like this.
  26. intoflatlines

intoflatlines

27. Rallywagon

Rallywagon Premium

Shame I'm not a a twit. (Is that not what twitter users are called?)
    I'll be watching all the same though.

Jared93 likes this.
  28. qwietstorm

qwietstorm

My 92 Cavalier Z24 weighed 100 lbs less than your Spec-V and made 40 less horsepower and I used to eat them for lunch!

29. Rallywagon

Rallywagon Premium

Oh yeah? My rx7 weighed 1200 lbs and only had 100hp! Only thing it are was its apex seals...

30. dabneyd

dabneyd Premium

They are fast, I'm sure it could beat my Spec. That said, it's still a Cavalier.

qwietstorm likes this.