◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,790 comments
I found that I've done better when all I do is warm up sometime the day of racing. It usually worked out, when I hit the D1 lounge 2-3 hours before Sunday race time, if no one else jumped in I would do at least 2 full race stints with each combo, sometimes running a tire grade less than race spec, was more than enough for me to be competitive for the night. Sometimes others would jump in and run some practice laps and I would "leech" their lines, other times we'd have some short races. Either way, I rarely ran more laps in this warmup session than was expected for the official league event.

In any event, I found the more I practiced, the higher my expectations for myself and the greater the disappointment, when those expectations weren't achieved. I find if I'm doing hot lap practice, I don't even try to be perfect. I'm actually trying to discover if a line can be raced on. When I make a mistake, or if someone is in my preferred line, how can I recover and/or drive a different line to stay with whomever is hogging ;) the one I want to use.

But then, I'm not really ever trying to eek every last tenth out of my driving.

I'd like some track boundary clarification as well, in regards to the Laguna Seca T1 entrance.

Technical Director Ruling:

Turn one at Laguna Seca. The SNAIL rules say that we don't use the white line as the track boundry unless there is a change in the racing surface such as a rumble strip or curb. This is paraphrased somewhat.

Due to the fact that there are brake markers just beyond the white line on the outside of turn one, it is reasonable to assume that this area was never meant to be a part of the racing surface. With this in mind, drivers should avoid making contact with the brake markers during the race. To make the rulings in the area black and white, all drivers must keep at least two tires inside or on the white line at all times in turn one at Laguna Seca.

In addition to this, all drivers must not hit any of the cones that divide the front stretch from the exit to pit lane.

Both of these areas will be considered out of bounds and will be subject to penalty if found.

In regards to Daytona Road Course. The solid yellow line to the inside of the superspeedway sections of the track is considered the edge of the track. Drivers must keep at least two wheels on or above this line at all times on the superspeedway section of track. This includes the start of the race. You may not drop four wheels below the yellow line and improve your position in any way.

Turn one at Laguna Seca. The SNAIL rules say that we don't use the white line as the track boundry unless there is a change in the racing surface such as a rumble strip or curb. This is paraphrased somewhat.

Due to the fact that there are brake markers just beyond the white line on the outside of turn one, it is reasonable to assume that this area was never meant to be a part of the racing surface. With this in mind, drivers should avoid making contact with the brake markers during the race. To make the rulings in the area black and white, all drivers must keep at least two tires inside or on the white line at all times in turn one at Laguna Seca.

In addition to this, all drivers must not hit any of the cones that divide the front stretch from the exit to pit lane.

Both of these areas will be considered out of bounds and will be subject to penalty if found.

In regards to Daytona Road Course. The solid yellow line to the inside of the superspeedway sections of the track is considered the edge of the track. Drivers must keep at least two wheels on or above this line at all times on the superspeedway section of track. This includes the start of the race. You may not drop four wheels below the yellow line and improve your position in any way.
I would go so far as to say (never take down any markers...!).
It's Rude and poor Race craft!
Though you may feel free to try at Monza!

I would go so far as to say (never take down any markers...!).
It's Rude and poor Race craft!
Though you may feel free to try at Monza!
Just because you said that, I am going to take down all the markers before the race!!!

It would be nice if when you hit the markers it would punch a hole in your radiator and force you to quit the race. That would teach them not to do stuff like that.

It would be nice if when you hit the markers it would punch a hole in your radiator and force you to quit the race. That would teach them not to do stuff like that.
After 3years and always seeing it, I use LAND MARKS or Shadows!

Thanks Bowler! 👍

If you looking for something to do tomorrow evening, head on over to Division 2 for S.P.E.C. Racing starting at 10PM EST.

Tomorrow's Race

Car: Chevy Camaro SS '10 Race Modified

Track: Fuji Speedway F

Laps: 65

Cautions: Lap 22 and Lap 44

Also don't forget that starting on Dec. 7th we'll begin testing on GT6 with our first official race starting in January!

Hey guys, just wanted to remind everyone that I will be hosting a drift/touge room tonight in about an hour. I will post the room number when I open it up.

D2 data is entered and all division duties have been completed:) Thanks to Dragonwhiskey for taking care of the replays:tup:

0-60 and 1/4 mile times:

1993 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 8.3 17.3

OMG. Flashbacks! My 1994 Z24 did the 1/4-mile in 15.8 stock. I think the 1993 had a 3.0l engine (as opposed to the 1994 3.1), but I'll bet it was in the 16s.

I miss that car more than anyone should miss a Cavalier.

OMG. Flashbacks! My 1994 Z24 did the 1/4-mile in 15.8 stock. I think the 1993 had a 3.0l engine (as opposed to the 1994 3.1), but I'll bet it was in the 16s.

I miss that car more than anyone should miss a Cavalier.

Your Z24 was almost as fast as a 5,0?

I owned 3 stangs in the late 80s and 90s. A few friends had z24s. It wasn't very close at all. Not even in the same zip code.

I miss my 93 11 second Mustang.

Last edited:
Honda Gathers Drider CIVIC Race Car '98 (192HP / PP 422) (Racing Hard tires)
at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca (6 or 7 laps) 6 is just under 10 minutes, 7 is well over.

I'm going to say with the slower first lap we should do 6 laps. I'd imagine the fast guys will be under 10 minutes, but trying to stay within 2 hours over the night ...

Nissan SKYLINE GT-R R33 TC (587HP / PP 611) (Racing Medium tires)
at Grand Valley East / Reverse (10 laps)

Thanks, cheeb! The lineup post has been updated.

Anybody got some pics of these sweet rides? :D

I owned 3 stangs in the late 80s and 90s. A few friends had z24s. It wasn't very close at all. Not even in the same zip code.

All stock, my crossfire would walk away from old 5.0s and 90's and early 2000 4.6 mustangs. Once the new retro stang came out though, those would stay door to door for the most part, once the new 5.0 came out though, yep, couldn't keep up with that.

I still have some of the timeslips around here somewhere. I might try to dig them up. My best pass was a 15.806. I just remembered though, it wasn't 100% stock. It had a chip and I pulled the passenger seat out. It always surprised people at the strip, though I never beat a 5.0 :) My friend's '89 5.0 was mostly stock and ran in the low 15s, if I remember.

I still have some of the timeslips around here somewhere. I might try to dig them up. My best pass was a 15.806. I just remembered though, it wasn't 100% stock. It had a chip and I pulled the passenger seat out. It always surprised people at the strip, though I never beat a 5.0 :) My friend's '89 5.0 was mostly stock and ran in the low 15s, if I remember.

I miss my 93 gt which was a full street trim 11.00 car.

I miss my 93 gt which was a full street trim 11.00 car.

Did you follow the AMRA scene at the time? Ed Smith was the 5.0 Street Class Champion at one point. Beat him heads up pro tree when he came up to Canada. That was my 15 minutes and it's been down hill since then.

The great thing about the 5.0s was that you could get a fully loaded LX for 16 grand brand new. Spend less than 500 bucks in bolt ons and run mid 13s on stock radials. For about 3Gs I put it into the 11s straight motor with full interior and air conditioning still in place.

Now I drive around in a Sentra with snow tires.

Last edited:
Back