◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,696 comments
or maybe combine the two events together? Team Cat & Mouse Mini-Endurance race with low boost! :lol:

That was my initial thought actually. We would need at least 8-10 people to make it a viable evening I imagine.

Team Cat Mouse
Race 1. 2 laps / Nurb / low boost
Race 2. 4 laps / Fuji GT / low boost
Race 3. 4 laps / Daytona Road Course / low boost

Mouse PP: Based on the PP listed for the copen in the Recommended list. Tuning prohibited

Cat PP: 450 -- TUNING ALLOWED. (This should spice up the cars.)

Please have Cats and Mice available in the following colors

Yellow, Red, White/Silver

or maybe combine the two events together? Team Cat & Mouse Mini-Endurance race with low boost! :lol:

That was my initial thought actually. We would need at least 8-10 people to make it a viable evening I imagine.

Team Cat Mouse

Mouse PP: PP listed for the copen in the Recommended list -- Tuning PROHIBITED

Cat PP: 450 -- Tuning ALLOWED

Team Cat Mouse

Mouse PP: PP listed for the copen in the Recommended list -- Tuning PROHIBITED

Cat PP: 450 -- Tuning ALLOWED

I'm not quite following how it's going to work tonight. Does that mean we need to have 6 cars ready?

I think below that was the link to proceed without downloading anything. I don't know, cause now I don't see the big Download SugarSync banner anymore. It takes me straight to the web page with the files that I can download, just like in DropBox.

Now, if I want to have it sync on its own, then yes, I'd need to install the client.

Thanks, found it. I don't need it to sync on its own so I'll avoid the software like the plague. It's not as if I'll ever need to access these GT5/PS3 specific files at any time other then when I'm next to my PS3 with GT5 loaded.

esh
I have sent an invite to both you and garris to join a new share that's structured how you requested (DATE > DIV > RACE #). You are allowed to download the DATE folder as a .zip which keeps the rest of the directory structure so no need to download individual replays.

( https://www.sugarsync.com/share/efj8crvr7coom )

I have also shared another folder with a password of sn@ilupload.

( https://www.sugarsync.com/share/cyipiqxqmf9nn )

This is where we would need to come up with a naming structure for the .zip files to be uploaded. Something like:

[PSN-name]-(GTPlanet-name)-[DATE]-[DIV#].zip

with each race replay being in its own folder named:

[PSN-name]-(GTPlanet-name)-[DATE]-[DIV #]-[RACE#]

and the untouched replay inside.

Thanks for setting that up. It looks good so far. I was able to access the folders and browse through all the sub-folders with no problem. The only thing I would suggest is making the folder names look more consistent with how they're usually referred to on the thread. For example, replacing the Roman numerals with regular numbers.

As for the naming structure of the .zip files, I'm fine with what you suggested. However, do you think it's necessary to include both the PSN and GTP name within the structure? Also, are we doing XX-XX-XX or XX-XX-XXXX or XXXXXX for the date? I guess those are minor details, but we might as well address them now since I'd like to have everything set up by Sunday night.

Vol, would mind uploading a one of your April 8th or April 15th eplays into it's corresponding folder on SugarSync? I want to make sure the process is as easy and issue-free as it was on Dropbox. Please post your feedback or any concerns you have so that we can make an educated decision on whether we want to go "all in" with SugarSync.

Thanks for setting that up. It looks good so far. I was able to access the folders and browse through all the sub-folders with no problem. The only thing I would suggest is making the folder names look more consistent with how they're usually referred to on the thread. For example, replacing the Roman numerals with regular numbers.

As for the naming structure of the .zip files, I'm fine with what you suggested. However, do you think it's necessary to include both the PSN and GTP name within the structure? Also, are we doing XX-XX-XX or XX-XX-XXXX or XXXXXX for the date? I guess those are minor details, but we might as well address them now since I'd like to have everything set up by Sunday night.

I say keep everything sortable, so no Roman numerals. And YYYY-MM-DD, so it sorts correctly.

Vol, would mind uploading a one of your April 8th or April 15th eplays into it's corresponding folder on SugarSync? I want to make sure the process is as easy and issue-free as it was on Dropbox. Please post your feedback or any concerns you have so that we can make an educated decision on whether we want to go "all in" with SugarSync.

I tried, but I don't have an upload button.

Esh?

zer0 - If you still need someone willing to upload the Div2 info into the spreadsheets (fast laps, gaps and such), I can take care of it. I'll be saving the replays and looking through them, anyway.

...same with uploading them to the cloud, if you need a man there. I'd rather have you in an oversight capacity than handling all of the busywork. Best to keep you from getting burned out. ;)

I'm not quite following how it's going to work tonight. Does that mean we need to have 6 cars ready?

I'm confused as well. Does this also mean any cars that fit the regulations or are they from the recommended cars like usual?

THE MICE ARE AVAILABLE IN THE RECOMMENDED LIST IF DRIVERS DO NOT HAVE THE CAR.
You will need at LEAST TWO, BUT NO MORE THAN THREE 450PP CARS.

1 red, 1 white/silver. Yellow is if we have enough people for three teams

Last edited:
A reminder to those who have not cat and moused if they do tonight. Although there is loads of contact, corner cutting, corner evasion all together and a general lack of OLR knowledge displayed, it does require a quite a bit of teamwork for succes to be attained. So keep an open mind it you're just trying it out. The more you think of it as a team game, the better you'll be.

CLEARING CACHE AND RESTARTING THEN I'LL BE ONLINE

Last edited:
zer0 - If you still need someone willing to upload the Div2 info into the spreadsheets (fast laps, gaps and such), I can take care of it. I'll be saving the replays and looking through them, anyway.

...same with uploading them to the cloud, if you need a man there. I'd rather have you in an oversight capacity than handling all of the busywork. Best to keep you from getting burned out. ;)

Thanks Apmaddock, that'd be awesome! I really appreciate you stepping up. I'm so thankful that so many snails are willing to help out the league. Without this type of collective effort, none of this would be possible. In fact, there are so many members who are helping with so many things that's it's almost getting hard to keep straight. Hey, I just thought of something.. ;)

Cat and Mouse was awesome tonight. It was a great way to get to know the SNAIL group.

Wish we had more but ehh..the group was solid and aside from 1 race the outcomes were well fought out. You made a good mouse random. hope you can make it sunday

Do you want to put in the best and gap numbers for last week? I've copied that from the director's document to the SNAIL Results document. Send me a PM or an email to my GMail account: vol.jbolaz, and I'll make sure you have edit access so you can put in the numbers.

Is there anyone that wants to put in the D1 numbers?

Hey, I just thought of something.. ;)
Need some help with that too?:lol:

IDK if the do not reply is in affect for the whole works or not, so until then.

BTW, sorry fellas, just got on my ps3 and noticed a few of you sent me messages to come race. My fiancee had a niece and nephew over to stay the night with my daughter, they had commandeered the PS3 for netflix, Friday and Saturdays I generally dont race at night anyway. That time is reserved for one of my 4 girls, my fiancee and kiddo, or my rx-7/audi TT

Last edited:
Back