Open ◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Presented by ButtKicker: Feel What You've Been Missing

Discussion in 'SNAIL Racing League' started by zer05ive, Dec 13, 2011.

1. fastfox400

fastfox400

Yes we are. There is improved physics engine in gt6 which is superior to gt5

@Jared93 where are you?

2. Jared93

Jared93 (Banned)

I'll be there within 20, got held up where I was -____-

3. ThePDTX

ThePDTX

Did you smoke the guy that was on the Q&A thread? (Sorry if i'm out of place asking this.)

4. Jared93

Jared93 (Banned)

Haha no worries :)

He just added me. Either I walked into a death trap or he's terrible.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2013
    ThePDTX likes this.
  5. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

[​IMG]
    Race Date - Sun Nov 24 2013

Penalty Rate 80%

Banner by dabneyd

S.N.A.I.L. OLR Quote for the Week:

Division 1 - 4 incidents on file

Adventuruss
    • Round 2 - Race 2 - Level 2 - 6 points doubled to 12 for probation violation. 3 Weeks Probation Remain
    GTP_Ph7shr
    • Round 1 - Race 2 - Level 1 - 4 points halved to 2 for on-track concession. 1 Week Probation
    Xrad-11
    • Round 2 - Race 1 - Level 5 - 57 points. 5 Weeks probation

Division 3 - 1 incident on file

intoflatlines
    • Round 1 - Race 2 - Level 1 - 4 points doubled to 7 for probation violation. 3 Weeks probation remain.

Thanks to Handlebar-Man, JLBowler, jobyone71, tezgm99 and wumpus-hunter for their reviews this week.
    Don't forget to claim your $hells for completing reviews.
    :cheers:

* * * * * * * * * * * * *​

These changes affect the final standings.
    Full final results can be found here.
    ***If you were penalized and would like further explanation regarding the incident, PM your Division Steward and they will let you know what the stewards saw and our opinions on it.***​

kcheeb and Ph1sher like this.
  6. Vol Jbolaz

Vol Jbolaz Premium

That is something, I guess. I could've been released as a patch to GT5, though.

7. ThePDTX

ThePDTX

Let me know how it turned out. :)

8. kcheeb

kcheeb Premium

S.N.A.I.L. November - December Challenge - presented by ButtKicker
    [​IMG]
    >>> ButtKicker 4D Sports Challenge Point Standings <<<

Thank you Stewards for getting the Incident Reviews done. Awesome work as always :tup:

The ButtKicker 4D Sports Challenge points are now up to date for the races held November 24th.

Sim racing product discounts for S.N.A.I.L. members:

Information on discounted Buttkicker products here.

GranStand is offering a 10% discount to all S.N.A.I.L.s and a 15% Discount to members of Team S.N.A.I.L.

Allen Berg Racing Schools is offering a 50% discount on their Adventure Program to S.N.A.I.L.s until Wednesday December 4th. See here for more info.

Take advantage of being a S.N.A.I.L. ;)

zer05ive likes this.
  9. Jared93

Jared93 (Banned)

...he's terrible. :lol:

ThePDTX and jobyone like this.
  10. jobyone

jobyone Premium

It would be fun to hear details;)

11. fiestauk

fiestauk

Hi guys wheres practice taking place tonight d1 or in a online room?

Also sorry for not stating I wouldnt be taking part this past sunday my head hit the pillow for literally 2mins an I was gone works taking it outa me atm :-/ if I can stay awake il be racing sunday to give snail its final send off on gt5 its 50/50 at the moment though as im working a 12 til 12 shift so hopefully il make it.

12. Jared93

Jared93 (Banned)

;)

Last edited: Nov 29, 2013
    dgaf95integra and ThePDTX like this.
  13. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

123 new cars and 9 new track locations and you think that could have been offered through DLC? Even being terribly conservative and charging 50 cents per car would add up to $61.50. When you add in new locations and again be conservative at $3 each, that's another $27 for a grand total of $88.50. A new game at $59.99 seems like a good deal to me. This isn't even taking into account the new physics engine, new tire model, new aero model, and new tuning parts.

Oh, and GT5 2.0 was already released long ago.

chatva, wumpushunter and ThePDTX like this.
  14. Vol Jbolaz

Vol Jbolaz Premium

Are we losing any cars and tracks?

And yes, I think if they released new DLC every month, I think people would've bought it, and kept buying it. But I don't have a control against which to compare, so I can't provide any empirical data.

Point of my question though is, if I can get time to drive with you guys again, I'm going to have to break down an buy GT6. That, I think, is what makes it all the worse. My garage isn't going to migrate, I imagine. I'm going to have to start over.

Blah.

zer05ive likes this.
  15. fiestauk

fiestauk

also @Rallywagon & anyother snails in the know, i fixed the head as soon as it blew as i needed the motor for work however its now decided to send the turbo to an early grave, according to a friend of mine who worked for vauxhaull this is because i replaced the head and de-restricted everything possible air intake etc. thus putting to much pressure in the turbo :-/ would like a 2nd/3rd opinion on this as im not a complete wizz with diesels as i am with petrol engines....

16. OwensRacing

OwensRacing Premium

S.N.A.I.L. Keychains will be available shortly. I plan to cut a batch this coming week. Maybe even tomorrow.

I've scrapped the SS material and will be going to Steel and looking into powder coating.

Having spent some time cutting a few SS ones. I'm not pleased with the repeatable finishes in the cuts. SS is a funky material. Steel cut like butter in the plasma. I've heard switching to nitrogen gas for SS is the trick. That is in the works too. Just gotta get my old man time to get it set up.

Hopefully I can get them coated in time to ship a batch to Zero.

First most likely be in red or silver. Depending on cost.

As we progress other colors will come available.

17. OwensRacing

OwensRacing Premium

So this being a 16 race season. Anyone that competed in all 16 races could earn themselves a Key Chain.

I think that's a very viable option!!

Let me see what powder coating will cost me and go from there.

zer05ive likes this.
  18. kcheeb

kcheeb Premium

S.N.A.I.L. One Year Club

Please join me in congratulating the following two entrants into the S.N.A.I.L. One Year Club.
    @GranStand Bill
    @DriftinAssassin

Thank you both for racing in S.N.A.I.L. and helping us become what we are today!

:cheers:

19. DriftinAssassin

DriftinAssassin

Its already been a year? Too cool, too cool! :D Many thanks for letting me join this awesome league and meet so many good people. Thanks for the awesome races and the learning experiences I've had in this league. I plan to come back full time once I've gotten used to the new physics of GT6 and have enough Credits to buy all the cars I'll need. Here's to another year of S.N.A.I.L. and all the amazing things that come with it! :cheers: :D :gtpflag:

Handlebar, ThePDTX and zer05ive like this.
  20. Rallywagon

Rallywagon Premium

@fiestauk, you say you replaced the head? was it ported somehow, different camshafts? How many miles where on the turbo? What else have you done to the car? Making the air flow in and out of the the engine won't cause any harm to the turbo. So modifying the intake, cams, heads, exhaust, those mods alone won't break down the turbo, more to the contrary, since there is less restriction to fight against. Now, that said, if you did any mods. especially to the exhaust, you can cause the turbo to over boost. This will cause premature failure of the bearing in the turbo. Also, if you do mods, or raise the boost pressure, then you will need a turbo timer. This runs the car after parking for roughly 2 minutes. This allows cool oil to circulate through the turbo, and keeps the oil from coking, which is a build up of burnt oil that will restrict oil, and cause bearing failure.

@OwensRacing, are you cutting with just compressed air or trigas?

@Vol Jbolaz, you come back around the thread just to troll GT6?

21. dabneyd

dabneyd Premium

No, this isn't Forza. ;) Here's the car list; if it's not everything, it's damn close. This is the list of cars new to GT6.

22. ThePDTX

ThePDTX

I can't sleep, it's almost 6 am and I have to get to work in two hours. The last couple of days have been like this. You guys know anything that might help? My girlfriend said that it might be from stress from work. If this keeps going I'll need to see a doctor. (Sorry for coming here with my random problems)

23. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

I've taken up drinking and it helps me sleep quite well. I've also found that strenuous "exercise" just before bed with a workout partner helps me get a good eight hours of sleep. A nice big meal usually helps as well. Today being Thanksgiving in the US, I've had a big meal, I'm drinking a few beers and shooting Mezcal with some friends, and I'll be "excercising" a little bit later just before bed.

Seriously, if you want to try something yourself, Ny-Quil makes a pretty good over the counter sleep aid. I'm sure there are others out there as well. If the problem persists, I would see my doctor but you might as well have some fun with home remedies in the mean time.

Handlebar, ThePDTX and jobyone like this.
  24. dabneyd

dabneyd Premium

There are other things you can do besides drinking that will help you sleep that won't give you a hangover. Maybe talk to some of our friends from Colorado.

25. ThePDTX

ThePDTX

Thanks for the answer. I don't drink, that one is out of the question, and I don't believe we have Ny-Quil here in Portugal, I'll swing by the pharmacy tomorrow and check, maybe they have a different brand that does the same. But i'll definitely try the big meal and the "exercise" though. :lol:
    Again, thanks for the help. :)

26. ThePDTX

ThePDTX

Sorry for double post. :/

"Maybe talk to some of our friends from Colorado." Sorry but I didn't understand that. :dunce:

27. Skills

Skills Premium

Washington state also.

28. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

Colorado has recently legalized a certain herb that you can smoke and alter your state of mind for recreational use. As skills points out, Washington state has done the same. California all but did it years ago. Possession of a small amount is only punishable by a small fine. I don't engage in the smoking of this herb as it makes me very hungry and I'm fat enough as it is.

29. ThePDTX

ThePDTX

Oooooohhh :lol: You learn something new everyday.

30. fastfox400

fastfox400

Diesels are a whole different story. If you increase inlet flow and exhaust flow but dont increase fuel being sprayed it can actually cause a over lean condition to the point where the turbo can not handle the EGT's(exhaust gas temperature). If the EGT's get too high regardless of power it can kill the turbo seals.