ROUND THREE
Chevrolet Camaro SS '10
(447HP / PP 505) (Sports Medium tires)
at Côte d'Azur (6 laps)

photo by ???

Fine fine..

RX-7 Spirit R @ Suzuka

cote d azur and camaro ss;10

Sorry for the long delay, but the December 1st lineup has finally been posted.

You'll notice that the previous lineups are no longer listed, but I've literally lost two nights of sleep dealing with formatting bugs on that post. Jordan says that a future update might fix some of these issues, so I've given up dealing with the previous lineups for now. Thanks for understanding.

Sorry for the long delay, but the December 1st lineup has finally been posted.

You'll notice that the previous lineups are no longer listed, but I've literally lost two nights of sleep dealing with formatting bugs on that post. Jordan says that a future update might fix some of these issues, so I've given up dealing with the previous lineups for now. Thanks for understanding.

No worries Zero. You do enough. I am trying to push to make myself more readily available for league duties.. Hoping one day to maybe being a steward.. That would tickle my fancy. Also going to jump o for some super late night practice if any SNAILS are on.

Announcing the December Lineup for S.N.A.I.L. SPEC Racing

The Drivers List has been updated with Promotions and Relegations for the month of December.

Pretty quiet month for Division movement, hold on to your seats and don't unpack your suitcase. GT6 is soooo close and could result in a wave of new or returning drivers to S.N.A.I.L.

As I said last month, to all the S.N.A.I.L.s that come out to play week after week, Thank You! Look at all the One Year trophies on our drivers list :D

There's no clear cut formula for getting promoted or relegated. We take into account a number of factors to determine candidates for promotion and relegation. Once we've identified the drivers, we analyze the data at our disposal and make sure the people being moved fit into the Division they're being moved to. Then we pull the trigger :dopey:

Some of the criteria for being ELIGIBLE to be promoted or relegated are:

1. Points for the month
2. How many drivers are in each division.
3. Race pace
4. Individual Lap Times
5. How you compare to other racers in your division and the division you're a candidate for.
6. Number of times you've raced that month.
7. How cleanly you've raced this past month.

Why do we do this?

1. To get you involved in races you will be racing in, not just putting in laps.
2. To incent you to improve your driving and racecraft.
3. To give you something to strive for.
4. To make it possible for you to have fun playing GT5.

We want you to be in good, close, clean racing 👍

If you have any questions or concerns about promotion or relegation, feel free to pm me. I'd be more than happy to talk to you about it.

N.B. If you were promoted or relegated and don't have access to the lounge you're assigned to for the December season, please send a PSN Friend Request to the appropriate SNAIL_DivisionX account. If for some reason your Friend Request is not accepted, let us know by posting on the thread!

Cheers and good racing all!

kcheeb

Yes that was easy! Thanks! ;) :bowdown:

Looking forward to taking it down a notch this month. I've enjoyed my time in D1 but the pressure put on by myself and the rest of the D1 crew to be consistently .... well.. consistent makes one realize that while one can be at times as fast as an Alien - it's another thing altogether to be as fast with a bunch of other Aliens!

See you on Sunday D2! :gtpflag:

Like cmbeal317, I have been reading about some of the leaked features of GT6 from a GTP user in the Middle East. There are two guys, I recall, and they have been kind enough to post some pics and info on cars, races, licenses, etc. Start with a specified car. Similar A-Spec arc, but it is linked to license tests. Those may relate to accessing cars like the levels did in GT5, I do not see the post, so I am less sure about that.

Looks like 8-10 new tracks, a few new cars. Some physics updates. Not sure on pil change & break-in yet.

The two features I most wanted are unknown or not present. :(

Track Creator is not online yet (I think that is a Day 1 download/patch).

No livery editor really bothers me. I wasn't hoping to go crazy, or cover it with stickers, but adding something as moronically simple as a side stripe, or 1-3 vertical stripes, vary the width / placement / spacing... Cars, no matter how 'blinged out' under the hood still get single color and a wider variety of rims.

Did PD sub the car painting part out to Earl Scheib?

scheib.jpg

Last edited:
Diesels are a whole different story. If you increase inlet flow and exhaust flow but dont increase fuel being sprayed it can actually cause a over lean condition to the point where the turbo can not handle the EGT's(exhaust gas temperature). If the EGT's get too high regardless of power it can kill the turbo seals.
This is in no way different than what would happen with a petrol engine in the same condition, but this would be a symptom of a bad tune, not of any actual fault with the turbo, as fiestauk's mechanic had indicated. However, it would require MAJOR intake and exhaust upgrades, and a computer tune, and probably a bigger turbo. Remember, this is in a car, not a big cummins dually. Even with a big American diesel, just an intake and free flowing exhaust won't push the injectors beyond their abilities. And if your tuning to the point that you max out the injector, chances are your not so dumb as to skip over the injectors anyway.

@ThePDTX, not sure if your taking the herbal route (I too recommend that, nothing beats natures cure), but, if your not, I have two suggestions. about 2 hours before bed, go for a run, as far and as fast as you can, when you get back home, stretch well, shower, then get comfy, you will rack out quick. You really have to push yourself though, hard. It has to become as much of a mental workout as a physical one. I guess any strenuous workout will do though, I just enjoy running myself.
Now, if running isn't your thing, grab up on some head phones, search youtube for binaural beats. You will want something in the delta range. you need to have both speakers on your ears as there will be two different frequencies coming, one to each ear, and this will cause a different frequency to resonate in your brain. Its a proven technique, with lots and lots of studies having been done on it since like the 50's. Give it a try, may help too.

Last edited:
If you're a PlayStation Plus member (like @Chiochan and @kcheeb) or if you're been thinking about signing up, you can save $20 off an annual membership today. Click here for details.

Anybody know of any other good Black Friday deals? I'm not looking for anything in particular, but I'm a sucker for a good deal. :)

Just came back from the pharmacy, we don't have Ny-Quil. They had a bunch of sleeping pills but those needed a prescription. My girlfriend bought some tea that's supposed to be calming and relaxing. @Rallywagon Thanks for the suggestions. It's way too cold to go running at night, but i'll give the "binaural beats" a try, you left me intrigued. 👍

I've been using them for roughly 6 months for meditation and inducing whats called "lucid dreaming." I have found that some of the "make you high" frequencies really make your mind tickle! I haven't had one induce a lucid dream though, usually I just fall all the way asleep. I used an app on my phone for a while, but recently I have started using ones off of youtube. The app had some light ambient noisy that I found distracting. It had a weird stop in it that always caused distraction. Hope they work for you.

Do we have key chains and stickers for sale yet?

I'm working on getting some stickers made up. But I'd like a little feedback.

I'm leaning towards one called a bubble sticker, it's a raised plastic bubble with the logo inside. Problem is it'll only be 1" X 2". I could go with a larger size, but the cost goes through the roof.

Another option would be a standard Vinyl sticker whose cost is substantially lower and I could go with a larger size, say 4" X 2" or 6" X 3".

Let me know what you think.

Once GT6 releases, are all SNAIL races going to be cancelled in GT5 and going over to GT6? I am wondering because i won't be able to play GT6 until Christmas cause wife wants me to wait till Christmas to play GT6. :lol:

Will their be races still held in GT5 or all races starting in GT6 come December 7th?

I've been using them for roughly 6 months for meditation and inducing whats called "lucid dreaming." I have found that some of the "make you high" frequencies really make your mind tickle! I haven't had one induce a lucid dream though, usually I just fall all the way asleep. I used an app on my phone for a while, but recently I have started using ones off of youtube. The app had some light ambient noisy that I found distracting. It had a weird stop in it that always caused distraction. Hope they work for you.

Lucid dreaming at will requires quite a bit of practice (depending on the person)

I've been able to astral project as well as lucid dream numerous times after giving it some effort. 👍

There are specific mental processes to go through in order to let your body go into paralysis while your mind remains awake & aware. It can be as simple as steadying your breath & relaxing your facial muscles or it can be as complex as visualizing & "stimulating" your chakras as the physical sensations become more & more prominent.

There's quite a variety of things you can do to induce that mental state.

Colorado has recently legalized a certain herb that you can smoke and alter your state of mind for recreational use. As skills points out, Washington state has done the same. California all but did it years ago. Possession of a small amount is only punishable by a small fine. I don't engage in the smoking of this herb as it makes me very hungry and I'm fat enough as it is.

Ahh, the benefits of growing up in SoCal. ;)

Last edited:
Lucid dreaming at will requires quite a bit of practice (depending on the person)

I've been able to astral project as well as lucid dream numerous times after giving it some effort. 👍

There are specific mental processes to go through in order to let your body go into paralysis while your mind remains awake & aware. It can be as simple as steadying your breath & relaxing your facial muscles or it can be as complex as visualizing & "stimulating" your chakras as the physical sensations become more & more prominent.

There's quite a variety of things you can do to induce that mental state.

I can put myself into lucid dreaming fairly consistently in the morning, and occasionally before bed if the conditions are right. I tried using a lucid sleep inducing binaural beat though, and it instead always put me to sleep. I think it distracted my mind to much. It does help with meditation and astral projecting though. At least it has helped me, especially when you first start to pull away from your body, after that, I don't notice them anymore. But I imagine it has to be having some sort of effect.

@Adventuruss What times are you getting for rounds 2 & 3?

-to anyone who wants to practice, I'm in D2 right meow & I'll be here for the next few hours.

Last edited:
@fiestauk, you say you replaced the head? was it ported somehow, different camshafts? How many miles where on the turbo? What else have you done to the car? Making the air flow in and out of the the engine won't cause any harm to the turbo. So modifying the intake, cams, heads, exhaust, those mods alone won't break down the turbo, more to the contrary, since there is less restriction to fight against. Now, that said, if you did any mods. especially to the exhaust, you can cause the turbo to over boost. This will cause premature failure of the bearing in the turbo. Also, if you do mods, or raise the boost pressure, then you will need a turbo timer. This runs the car after parking for roughly 2 minutes. This allows cool oil to circulate through the turbo, and keeps the oil from coking, which is a build up of burnt oil that will restrict oil, and cause bearing failure.

@OwensRacing, are you cutting with just compressed air or trigas?

@Vol Jbolaz, you come back around the thread just to troll GT6?

nope just skimmed it an put a new gasket on & the turbos done about 80k but iv seen them last much longer, not done anything else to it for the moment as iv not had the time. its running slightly rich but that shouldn't be a problem for the turbo at all.... the bearings are on their way out & the seals are toast :confused: its abit of a mystery as to why at the moment hence why i posted on here for abit of advice off you an the rest of you guys.

"because i replaced the head and de-restricted everything possible air intake"
@fiestauk, by this does your buddy mean that some carbon or debris was possibly knocked loose and caused damage? If so, this would be seen as damage to the impeller/propeller, but not the seals. If not, and you only flushed up the head and replaced the gasket, then nothing was done that would cause premature turbo failure. That said, your driving a fairly high mileage car if memory serves, and after 100,000 miles, or whatever you use as the "driven really far in kilometer" standard, all parts are suspect to spontaneous failure.

I'm working on getting some stickers made up. But I'd like a little feedback.

I'm leaning towards one called a bubble sticker, it's a raised plastic bubble with the logo inside. Problem is it'll only be 1" X 2". I could go with a larger size, but the cost goes through the roof.

Another option would be a standard Vinyl sticker whose cost is substantially lower and I could go with a larger size, say 4" X 2" or 6" X 3".

Let me know what you think.

I'd go with the inexpensive vinyl in the larger size as it would be perfect for the rear window on my Nissan.

@Jared93 , are you needing a bowl of milk?

No clue, I don't practice until Sunday hits.

Alrighty. Same...(for the most part)

For anyone interested in having times to compare their's to here's what I got after 5-10 laps on each combo.

11/29...
RX-7 @ Suzuka - 2:21.817
Camaro @ Cote - 1:45.481
Civic @ Tsukuba - 1:02.139

@Oshawa-Joe :lol:

If you looking for something to do tomorrow night, head on over to Division 2 for S.P.E.C. Racing starting at 10PM EST.

Tomorrow Night's Race

Suzuka 300 - Final S.P.E.C. Racing Event on GT5:

Qualifying: 9:15PM EST, Race Start 9:30PM EST

Car: Lotus Elise '96 RM

Track: Suzuka /Weather Change

Laps: 83 Laps

Cautions: None

Also don't forget that starting on Dec. 7th we'll begin testing on GT6 with our first official race on December 14th

I managed to find a wheelstand reduced to $120 from $180 online...for Canada, that's pretty decent.

If I ever get a wheel stand, it'll be a GranStand wheel stand! :D

Besides, those models with a single column in the middle aren't an option for me. I drove a friend's once (@dvdoughboy for you really old school SNAILs), but I didn't like the my legs bumping against that middle column.

Headed to D1:)

Done for the night

Combo 1 1:02.878
Combo 2 2:22.599
Combo 3 1:47.416

I need to work on the Camaro:)

Thanks xrad for some fun laps.

Last edited:
Back