◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,699 comments
I'd love to get myself involved with this, in 5 or 6 if you guys are moving up right away.

Name: Troggy
PSN: Troggeh

I'd love to get myself involved with this, in 5 or 6 if you guys are moving up right away.

We will be moving to GT6, so far as I know, this coming weekend. The timeline might be a little tight, since we might not know which cars we will be using until after Friday sometime.

Skills should be along shortly with the official welcome message. In the meantime, almost all the information you will need to know is in the first two posts of this thread.

Thanks for your interest!

We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information.

3. @kcheeb PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. kcheeb will add you to the drivers list.

4. We send you a you a PSN friend request from the corresponding SNAIL_Division1, 2, or 3 account. That PSN account's lounge is where you will race on Sunday night.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Tonight at 9:00 P.M. Eastern Time in the SNAIL_Division2 Lounge

November 12th, 2013: PDI Racing Kart 100 or Racing Kart 100 - 100's Kart Gearing

Race 1 - Trial Mountain - 9 laps *
Race 2 - Cote D' Azur - 8 laps
Race 3 - Clubman Stage Route 5 - 15 laps
Race 4 - Twin Ring Motegi - Oval - 18 laps

Hope to see you tonight 👍

* I'd like you to read this post in the Kart Series thread :cheers:

Thanks for the invite. Working on setting my wheel back up after a move, and I'll get right on the time trial. Thanks for the welcome. I look forward to racing with you guys!

We will be moving to GT6, so far as I know, this coming weekend. The timeline might be a little tight, since we might not know which cars we will be using until after Friday sometime.

Skills should be along shortly with the official welcome message. In the meantime, almost all the information you will need to know is in the first two posts of this thread.

Just to be clear, the League Schedule has this Sunday December 8th listed as a week off for GT6 testing.

Sunday League Night will resume December 15th.

I have reviewed the incidents that I can review this week.

Just as a general note to all. If you leave the track surface or are in the process of making a concession, you must not re-enter the track surface until you can do so without impeding the progress of any other driver. This also applies to recovering from a penalty or making an on track concession. You must not drive in the racing line at a greatly reduced speed when there are cars coming up behind you. You must wait to re-enter the track/racing line until you can do so without affecting any other drivers on track. You made the mistake, don't make it worse by being impatient.

Last edited:
Not sure how anyone feels about this so I'll make it quick.

Since this Sunday (Dec. 8th) seems to have been scheduled as a night off for testing, maybe we could do a league night on Thursday around the same time considering a few of us have showed interest in doing so only it wouldn't be 3 divisions, it would be just 1 combined.

If the prize winners can (& are able) to make their choices by let's say tonight or tomorrow night we could get the ball running.

Not sure how anyone feels about this so I'll make it quick.

Since this Sunday (Dec. 8th) seems to have been scheduled as a night off for testing, maybe we could do a league night on Thursday around the same time considering a few of us have showed interest in doing so only it wouldn't be 3 divisions, it would be just 1 combined.

If the prize winners can (& are able) to make their choices by let's say tonight or tomorrow night we could get the ball running.

Not being much of a fan of anything in last week's lineup, I think a "Best Of" night would be more fun. As soon as I locate that spreadsheet, I'll post that list...

The car with the most appearances is the Lotus Elise RM '96 with 17 league nights raced. We ran it the most at Spa-Francorchamps; five times.

Number two is the Gran Turismo 350Z RS. We ran it 10 times, 5 times at Deep Forest Reverse.

And finally, we ran the NSX RM '91 10 times, five races at Twin Ring Motegi East.

Lotus Elise RM '96 @ Circuit Spa-Francorchamps
Gran Turismo 350Z RS @ Deep Forest Raceway Reverse
NSX RM '91 @ Twin Ring Motegi East.

Last edited:
Schmiggz said
I made a shortlist of Euro-Pacific 60's and 70's vehicles and I think that between 345 and 400pp there's at least 13 cars we could use for an farewell event.
I would suggest permission of light tuning so all the cars could be in a range of 385 to 400 pp. I think it would be different and fun in a track like any short version of Cape Ring, Autumn Ring or Eiger Nordwand short.
If you think it's a cool idea I can post my shortlist. Please ...some feedback:nervous:

Esp with a variety of tracks, reverse grid for each race, 2 laps or so as a refresher, keep it fast and fun!

Just realized I cannot get my game until noon Friday, so I will probably go to work. :indiff:

But I will NOT stay late! :gtpflag:

I guess I don't count as input from Schmiggz. :(

Maybe next time...

Off to run some Steward reviews. :gtplanet:

Not being much of a fan of anything in last week's lineup, I think a "Best Of" night would be more fun. As soon as I locate that spreadsheet, I'll post that list...

The car with the most appearances is the Lotus Elise RM '96 with 17 league nights raced. We ran it the most at Spa-Francorchamps; five times.

Number two is the Gran Turismo 350Z RS. We ran it 10 times, 5 times at Deep Forest Reverse.

And finally, we ran the NSX RM '91 10 times, five races at Twin Ring Motegi East.

I'm down for that! Anyone disagree?

I inquired about it, but have seen only limited interest.

If you want to have a participate in a Farewell to GT5 event this Thursday night, please reply to this post and say you're in. Don't just hit the Like button because that won't actually let us know if you want to race or not. I say if we have at least ten interested drivers, then we go for it!

I fractured my hand yesterday and will stay one month without playing. I see you guys when I can return to play.

As we are going to progress over to GT6, as for me will be picking up GT6 friday morning but won't be able to play it till Christmas morning :lol: I wanted to thank everyone in SNAIL for a very clean, competitive, tough racing we have been through each week in GT5. I cannot thank everyone enough for anyone involved in getting me into SNAIL racing. I'm not really that good in writing thank you's :lol: but try my best. Yes we have the occasional bumps here and there in racing but for the most part we respect each other on the track and that is what makes SNAIL so much different from the rest.

We have enjoyed GT5 for the last 3 years and like anything else that goes past it's prime and something new comes into the picture, we have GT6. We have gone through the licenses, A and B spec events, gone through all the seasonals in GT5, time trials, drift trials, it has been a blast playing through GT5. I am retiring my GT5 game come friday morning and looking forwards to playing GT6 come christmas morning. I have also enjoyed all the pictures i have taken in photo mode and able to share them on the share photo mode feature on GT5.

Like in the movie Turbo, they thought he wasn't going to get anywhere because he was a snail. Turbo achieved so much by doing what he believed he could accomplish and that is how S.N.A.I.L is. Not sure how others felt about S.N.A.I.L. when it started but this organization of family and friends have grown to be a family and friends group of professional race car drivers and this organization will keep growing.

Wanted to show my appreciation for all in S.N.A.I.L and that i am looking forwards to racing with you all each night, each night when i start playing GT6.

What an awesome post! Thanks champ! We're fast approaching our two year anniversary, and man has it been an unexpected ride! Thanks to everyone who has helped build S.N.A.I.L. into more than just another sim racing league. We're a famileague! :lol:

:cheers:

What an awesome post! Thanks champ! We're fast approaching our two year anniversary, and man has it been an unexpected ride! Thanks to everyone who has helped build S.N.A.I.L. into more than just another sim racing league. We're a famileague! :lol:

:cheers:

Very true zero we have become a famileague which i couldn't put better myself. :cheers: :) 👍 :gtpflag:

Send that cold south, with all the snow you possibly can! I wanna go snowmobiling this xmas!

Is this what you're looking for @Rallywagon? You can have it :lol: 3 - 4 feet piled up beside the driveway :brrrr:

2013-12-03 16.54.17.jpg

^This will be the official plan for Thursday night. 👍

I'm looking for a director to run this special event. I will also be adding a new $hell entry log for:

SPECIAL EVENT DIRECTOR (which will be worth one $hell)

dabneyd, since you're the one who posted the completed idea, you have first right of refusal on this gig.

^This will be the official plan for Thursday night. 👍

I'm looking for a director to run this special event. I will also be adding a new $hell entry log for:

SPECIAL EVENT DIRECTOR (which will be worth one $hell)

dabneyd, since you're the one who posted the completed idea, you have first right of refusal on this gig.

Sure, I can handle that.

@kcheeb, YES MAN!!, That is a great start! just blow it on down! Its somewhere in the teens now, IDK, probaby -5 to -10 in Celsius, been out there welding in it! Good times! I love the cold.

Karts tonight?

Trying to figure out how to wedge self into PS3 share mode when I know that as of Friday: Mine! Precious is miiinnneee!!!

Latest Posts

Back