Open ◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Presented by ButtKicker: Feel What You've Been Missing

Discussion in 'SNAIL Racing League' started by zer05ive, Dec 13, 2011.

1. tezgm99

tezgm99

Just send it north or south, that's all ;)

kcheeb likes this.
  2. Troggy

Troggy

I'd love to get myself involved with this, in 5 or 6 if you guys are moving up right away.

Name: Troggy
    PSN: Troggeh

Skills likes this.
  3. Troggy

Troggy

I'd love to get myself involved with this, in 5 or 6 if you guys are moving up right away.

Name: Troggy
    PSN: Troggeh

4. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

We will be moving to GT6, so far as I know, this coming weekend. The timeline might be a little tight, since we might not know which cars we will be using until after Friday sometime.

Skills should be along shortly with the official welcome message. In the meantime, almost all the information you will need to know is in the first two posts of this thread.

5. Skills

Skills Premium

Thanks for your interest!

We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
    Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information.

3. @kcheeb PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. kcheeb will add you to the drivers list.

4. We send you a you a PSN friend request from the corresponding SNAIL_Division1, 2, or 3 account. That PSN account's lounge is where you will race on Sunday night.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday :tup:

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
    To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

kcheeb likes this.
  6. Schmiggz

Schmiggz

Ok, since my idea was completely ignored not deserving one single sample of a feedback, I rest my case and see you on GT6.

7. kcheeb

kcheeb Premium

Tonight at 9:00 P.M. Eastern Time in the SNAIL_Division2 Lounge

November 12th, 2013: PDI Racing Kart 100 or Racing Kart 100 - 100's Kart Gearing

Race 1 - Trial Mountain - 9 laps *
    Race 2 - Cote D' Azur - 8 laps
    Race 3 - Clubman Stage Route 5 - 15 laps
    Race 4 - Twin Ring Motegi - Oval - 18 laps

Hope to see you tonight :tup:

* I'd like you to read this post in the Kart Series thread :cheers:

zer05ive and TEX36 like this.
  8. Troggy

Troggy

Thanks for the invite. Working on setting my wheel back up after a move, and I'll get right on the time trial. Thanks for the welcome. I look forward to racing with you guys!

Skills and kcheeb like this.
  9. kcheeb

kcheeb Premium

Just to be clear, the League Schedule has this Sunday December 8th listed as a week off for GT6 testing.

Sunday League Night will resume December 15th.

zer05ive likes this.
  10. Rallywagon

Rallywagon Premium

Send that cold south, with all the snow you possibly can! I wanna go snowmobiling this xmas!

11. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

I have reviewed the incidents that I can review this week.

Just as a general note to all. If you leave the track surface or are in the process of making a concession, you must not re-enter the track surface until you can do so without impeding the progress of any other driver. This also applies to recovering from a penalty or making an on track concession. You must not drive in the racing line at a greatly reduced speed when there are cars coming up behind you. You must wait to re-enter the track/racing line until you can do so without affecting any other drivers on track. You made the mistake, don't make it worse by being impatient.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  12. racingchamp30

racingchamp30

LOL she would figure it out really quick.

13. racingchamp30

racingchamp30

and she wraps the presents.

14. Jared93

Jared93 (Banned)

Not sure how anyone feels about this so I'll make it quick.

Since this Sunday (Dec. 8th) seems to have been scheduled as a night off for testing, maybe we could do a league night on Thursday around the same time considering a few of us have showed interest in doing so only it wouldn't be 3 divisions, it would be just 1 combined.

If the prize winners can (& are able) to make their choices by let's say tonight or tomorrow night we could get the ball running.

dgaf95integra likes this.
  15. dabneyd

dabneyd Premium

Not being much of a fan of anything in last week's lineup, I think a "Best Of" night would be more fun. As soon as I locate that spreadsheet, I'll post that list...

The car with the most appearances is the Lotus Elise RM '96 with 17 league nights raced. We ran it the most at Spa-Francorchamps; five times.

Number two is the Gran Turismo 350Z RS. We ran it 10 times, 5 times at Deep Forest Reverse.

And finally, we ran the NSX RM '91 10 times, five races at Twin Ring Motegi East.

Lotus Elise RM '96 @ Circuit Spa-Francorchamps
    Gran Turismo 350Z RS @ Deep Forest Raceway Reverse
    NSX RM '91 @ Twin Ring Motegi East.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
    chatva, Jared93 and TEX36 like this.
  16. Handlebar

Handlebar Premium

Schmiggz said
    I made a shortlist of Euro-Pacific 60's and 70's vehicles and I think that between 345 and 400pp there's at least 13 cars we could use for an farewell event.
    I would suggest permission of light tuning so all the cars could be in a range of 385 to 400 pp. I think it would be different and fun in a track like any short version of Cape Ring, Autumn Ring or Eiger Nordwand short.
    If you think it's a cool idea I can post my shortlist. Please ...some feedback:nervous:

I guess I don't count as input from Schmiggz. :(

Maybe next time...

Off to run some Steward reviews. :gtplanet:

17. kcheeb

kcheeb Premium

The driver and car/track sheets are linked in the main doc and made public now.

Sorry forgot to Share them :(

18. Jared93

Jared93 (Banned)

I'm down for that! Anyone disagree?

dgaf95integra likes this.
  19. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

Okay, got it updated. Any car selected by the Prize A and Prize B winners must be $50,000 or less.

20. rmb_senna

rmb_senna

I fractured my hand yesterday and will stay one month without playing. I see you guys when I can return to play.

21. DriftinAssassin

DriftinAssassin

S.N.A.I.L. - The Greatest Hits
    That would totally sell as an album. :D Im down for that as our final event on GT5.

dgaf95integra and Jared93 like this.
  22. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

What an awesome post! Thanks champ! We're fast approaching our two year anniversary, and man has it been an unexpected ride! Thanks to everyone who has helped build S.N.A.I.L. into more than just another sim racing league. We're a famileague! :lol:

:cheers:

23. racingchamp30

racingchamp30

Very true zero we have become a famileague which i couldn't put better myself. :cheers: :) :tup: :gtpflag:

zer05ive likes this.
  24. kcheeb

kcheeb Premium

Is this what you're looking for @Rallywagon? You can have it :lol: 3 - 4 feet piled up beside the driveway :brrrr:

2013-12-03 16.54.17.jpg

Rallywagon likes this.
  25. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

^This will be the official plan for Thursday night. :tup:

I'm looking for a director to run this special event. I will also be adding a new $hell entry log for:

SPECIAL EVENT DIRECTOR (which will be worth one $hell)

dabneyd, since you're the one who posted the completed idea, you have first right of refusal on this gig.

26. dabneyd

dabneyd Premium

Sure, I can handle that.

27. Rallywagon

Rallywagon Premium

@kcheeb, YES MAN!!, That is a great start! just blow it on down! Its somewhere in the teens now, IDK, probaby -5 to -10 in Celsius, been out there welding in it! Good times! I love the cold.

kcheeb likes this.
  28. Handlebar

Handlebar Premium

Karts tonight?

Trying to figure out how to wedge self into PS3 share mode when I know that as of Friday: Mine! Precious is miiinnneee!!!

kcheeb likes this.
  29. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

Am I correct in thinking the Prize picks from 1 Dec racing's winners will not be used until 15 Dec?

30. kcheeb

kcheeb Premium

I would say you are correct. But defer to @zer05ive as I've already confused myself with the Dec. schedule :lol: