◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,782 comments
I for one love tuning cars. Hell its what I do on a daily basis now.. So anything that involves tuning I am going to be interested in. Just remember power isnt everything.

I for one love tuning cars. Hell its what I do on a daily basis now.. So anything that involves tuning I am going to be interested in. Just remember power isnt everything.
says the man with a 700hp daily driver;)

Among the choices available in the game for the 60's and 70's decades, there's a 1971 Lotus Europa with 395pp. This car will only be able to, besides tranny and suspension tune, get a miserable 5 pp tuning on top. But the 1970 Toyota Celica 1600 GT only comes with 352 pp giving you a nice margin for exhaust and air intake solutions.
Seriously... think about it... It would be totally different, very drivable and fun close battles. We're talking 400pp here!

Saw these pictures over in the GT6 Screenshots/Videos thread. Looks like a few new options!

From the GT6 online manual.

i1FdFq9ULEVnxO.jpg

Edit:
i1DpsXOXh3pPRcc.jpg

i11w9aphopfVHb.jpg

Much the same as in GT5, and it looks like races can be set by number of laps only, with no option for time set races.
Looks like room hosts can enforce a minimum number of pit stops in a race though, which is new.

Since we are throwing around racing ideas. I'd like to jump on schmiggys coattails here and ask a question. I had originally thought about doing a rally racing series. But after that last, epic round of team derby racing, I was wondering if anyone would have interest in that instead? Each Friday, teams would be drawn at random, then we would run low powered cars on short tarmac and dirt tracks. Points would be based position, and the team with the most points wins.

@cmbeal317 I'm liking that star thing. Maybe there is now a way to better filter out the crap from the dedicated racers in a lobby. The "signal bars" are also curious.

And one more thing. Been playing with a few things. Got a new speedtest result. I think I can get some more upload outta this thing though.

Last edited:
I may be a bit overconfident, but I think most everyone can have their National A License within a few hours.

Hopefully, about 30 minutes after getting the patch and actually getting in the game. It's possible distractions will slow that down however.

・Friends' Rooms Only
Please tick this option if you only want rooms which have at least one of your friends in to be displayed.
I like this a lot.

Just want to post this link up to the manual for GT6. Looks like we have to get our National A License before we can race online.

http://us.gran-turismo.com/hk/gt6/manual/#!/online/openlobby

Thanks for the link! Has anyone seen any restrictions on what cars can be purchased from the Dealership? I'm hoping the only limitation is what you can afford, but I'm worried that we'll have to grind levels to buy the nicer cars.

Thanks for the link! Has anyone seen any restrictions on what cars can be purchased from the Dealership? I'm hoping the only limitation is what you can afford, but I'm worried that we'll have to grind levels to buy the nicer cars.

From what I've been reading in the threads of people who already have GT6, you just have to be able to afford the cars. No leveling or anything like that now that they moved to the star system. :)

From what I've been reading in the threads of people who already have GT6, you just have to be able to afford the cars. No leveling or anything like that now that they moved to the star system. :)

What is this "star system" you (and Rally) are referring to? I've looked here, but don't see anything.. Is there a link with star system info?

What is this "star system" you (and Rally) are referring to? I've looked here, but don't see anything.. Is there a link with star system info?

The idea is that every race will give you "X" amount of stars to aim for and to progress you have to get "X" amount of stars in total after you finish all the races. After you get the required stars you unlock the license tests to get to the next level of the A-Spec single player. So from N to B to A and so on. :)

In the manual go down to Career Mode, and click on "Progressing through Career Mode" and it will give you the full explanation. Basically instead of earning experience to level up and unlock more races, now you earn stars in career mode to advance. Once you earn enough stars then you take that class's license tests and move on to the next class(International B + A, National B + A, etc.).

Edit: Tree'd

S.N.A.I.L. Stamina Series
Combo for 12/4

View attachment 84894

CAR:
GT by Citroën Race Car
-630hp/626pp-
(Race Mediums / Race Softs)

TRACK:
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
(41+1 laps)

The star system is what you have to level up to earn the next license and get to the better paying races.
The idea is that every race will give you "X" amount of stars to aim for and to progress you have to get "X" amount of stars in total after you finish all the races. After you get the required stars you unlock the license tests to get to the next level of the A-Spec single player. So from N to B to A and so on. :)
In the manual go down to Career Mode, and click on "Progressing through Career Mode" and it will give you the full explanation. Basically instead of earning experience to level up and unlock more races, now you earn stars in career mode to advance. Once you earn enough stars then you take that class's license tests and move on to the next class(International B + A, National B + A, etc.).

Edit: Tree'd

Ahh I see, and I like it! Thanks for the replies. Much appreciated!

I am interested in joining the S.N.A.I.L. league. Please send me the info needed to join, thanks.

Hi Jones3619,

Thanks for your interest!

We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information.

3. @kcheeb PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. kcheeb will add you to the drivers list.

4. We send you a you a PSN friend request from the corresponding SNAIL_Division1, 2, or 3 account. That PSN account's lounge is where you will race on Sunday night.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

From watching the Inside sim first hour video the game now has a blind side indicator. So it has a red arrow pointing to the direction that someone is in your blind spot:) and white if they area bit further away.

4. Qualifier Settings
"Qualifier Settings" is only displayed when you select "Race With Qualifier" in "Basic Settings".
・Race Format
Select "Race Alone" and cars other than your own will not be displayed. Select "Race Together" and all the cars that are taking part in the race will be displayed.
・Time Limit
Set the time limit for qualifying.

Taken right out of the manual. :gtpflag::bowdown::cheers: We can set a time limit for qualifying and we can set it so you can run alone and not have to worry about anyone else on track. No more lining up and waiting or letting another driver pass.

・Require Tyre Type Change
Choose whether or not a tyre change is required during a race. If this setting is activated, drivers who do not change tyre type during the race will incur a penalty.

I don't see any note of a "tuning prohibited" setting. Hopefully it falls under this category:

7. Car Filters
・Car Filters
You can limit the types of car that are allowed to enter by applying various restrictions.

4. Qualifier Settings
"Qualifier Settings" is only displayed when you select "Race With Qualifier" in "Basic Settings".
・Race Format
Select "Race Alone" and cars other than your own will not be displayed. Select "Race Together" and all the cars that are taking part in the race will be displayed.
・Time Limit
Set the time limit for qualifying.

Taken right out of the manual. :gtpflag::bowdown::cheers: We can set a time limit for qualifying and we can set it so you can run alone and not have to worry about anyone else on track. No more lining up and waiting or letting another driver pass.

・Require Tyre Type Change
Choose whether or not a tyre change is required during a race. If this setting is activated, drivers who do not change tyre type during the race will incur a penalty.

I don't see any note of a "tuning prohibited" setting. Hopefully it falls under this category:

7. Car Filters
・Car Filters
You can limit the types of car that are allowed to enter by applying various restrictions.

This is so EPIC! It almost seems as if someone at PD thought about how to make it easier to organize online racing! 💡

This is so EPIC! It almost seems as if someone at PD thought about how to make it easier to organize online racing! 💡
Don't forget about more online community features coming in a January update.

Back