◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,755 comments
Thought this was interesting out of the Manual:
"When you start the game for the first time, you will receive a message from the Gran Turismo Association, asking you to enter your name. Once you have done so, you can learn about the basics of driving and how to proceed through the game by following the Association's guidance."

I wonder if "your name" means a new online ID, or the one used in GT-5?
If it is a new name ....... wonder if SNAILS would want to have a League ID? SNL_TEX-36 or something.
Just a Pre-Launch thought.

^^I will probably be using my 15th anniversary cars to fly through those hurdles!

I'm still undecided on this.. In GT5, I never used any of my "special" cars because I didn't want to put any miles on them. Did those "refresh" coupons reset a car to brand new status? (I didn't use any of those coupons either). If so, have we heard whether or not those coupons will be in GT6 as well?

25 hours and counting.

Gamestop doesn't open until 10AM

The mall where the Gamestop I'm going to is opens at 9am, hopefully 24 hours from now I should be downloading the Day 1 patch.

Speaking of countdowns, we're getting awfully close to 40,000 posts. It'd be awesome if got to that milestone before we're able to pick up our copies of GT6. We could say the first 40K posts represented the GT5 chapter or our story. :)

For those of you that preordered with Gamestop with in-store pickup, have you gotten a reminder email or anything? I have no emails from them other than the confirmation when I placed the order, I just want to make sure everything's all set for me to pick up and get my preorder bonus codes tomorrow.

Also, last night I was a spectator for my first SNAIL endurance race. I might have to check it out next time...

Anyone having trouble logging in to gtplanet on the ps3 browser ? I am getting 2 messages one saying must enable cookies and the other saying my user name [screaming chief] is to long,wtf ? Never had this issue before.Gona try to race tonite,picking up gt6 in the morning.

Is there a way to see the D1 pole times for the three 'greatest hits' combos we are doing tonight?

With the S.N.A.I.L. Results document, there's a tab called "S.N.A.I.L. Information Links". Click that tab and then go to the "Car/Track Information". From there, go to the "Car/Track Combinations" tab and check out column K. Now that I've gotten you this far, can you please post your fast lap finding for us? :)

Huge thanks to @kcheeb for creating this treasure trove of data and information for us. It's a true masterpiece! :bowdown:

Is there a way to see the D1 pole times for the three 'greatest hits' combos we are doing tonight?

The track info sheet may have times for the combos. Depends on if they were entered. You'll need the date of the races to make it easier to find.

We don't keep qualifying times for our races. This might change in GT6 depending on whether the replays include the qualy session.

EDIT: Treed :)

Btw, the digital download of GT6 is available in the store, GO.

Last edited:
For those of you that preordered with Gamestop with in-store pickup, have you gotten a reminder email or anything? I have no emails from them other than the confirmation when I placed the order, I just want to make sure everything's all set for me to pick up and get my preorder bonus codes tomorrow.

Also, last night I was a spectator for my first SNAIL endurance race. I might have to check it out next time...

Flatlines, if it makes you feel better, I have not received anything besides my original confirmation either.

I haven't received any reminder email or anything either so I assume that's the norm. In case it becomes an issue, just have your phone on you so that you can show them your confirmation email.

As for the pre-order bonus codes, it's my understanding that the codes will be inside all copies of the 15th anniversary edition of the game (the one that GameStop will sell with the "15" tire tread livery on the hood of the cover car). Therefore, as long as you pick up that version of the game, you should be set (no need to see the redemption code printed on the bottom of your receipt). Can anyone please confirm or refute the accuracy of this?

Last edited:
I put my pre-order in at the store. I drive right by it everyday. Anyone know of Amazon's pre-order status? I have one coming from there as well. Haven't been able to check the order status.

If you pre-ordered your game from GameStop, be certain you get the cover art on the right. If they give you a copy with the cover are on the left, throw it back at them and demand your 25 free 15th anniversary edition cars!!

GT6-Covers.jpg

Just logged into amazon to check order and the status is flagged as not shipped yet. WTF? They gonna use some Star Trek transporter thing or something?

Just logged into amazon to check order and the status is flagged as not shipped yet. WTF? They gonna use some Star Trek transporter thing or something?
Preorders on Amazon have been hit or miss for me. Sometimes I get them on release date but other times I don't.

Preorders on Amazon have been hit or miss for me. Sometimes I get them on release date but other times I don't.

I don't know about Amazon, but GameStop pre-orders don't ship until the day the game launches. 👎

Well, that's not exactly a matter transmitter, but it might be better than a truck putting about.

The prospects of getting a delivery from a drone sound cool, but I doubt they would be approved for residential delivery. Can you imagine the liability and safety concerns?

Johnny went to take the trash out, but he never made it back home.
His head was severed by the chopper blades of a delivery drone! :lol:

The prospects of getting a delivery from a drone sound cool, but I doubt they would be approved for residential delivery. Can you imagine the liability and safety concerns?

Johnny went to take the trash out, but he never made it back home.
His head was severed by the chopper blades of a delivery drone! :lol:

Charlottesville passed an ordnance prohibiting the use of drones in city air space. No Amazon delivery drones for me.

From reading about the additions of the day 1 patch, it appears that we will be getting prize cars for more events than what the guys playing on 1.0 were getting. This means more cars in the garage sooner rather than later.

From reading about the additions of the day 1 patch, it appears that we will be getting prize cars for more events than what the guys playing on 1.0 were getting. This means more cars in the garage sooner rather than later.

Are you talking about the guys who got pre-launch copies of the game?

Hey guys, assuming my internet works I'm planning on making an appearance tonight. Could someone kindly fill me in on whats going on? I've seen some mention of a greatest hits combo night, but I haven't seen where the combos are posted. Thanks.

I wouldn't know because I gave them the wrong number to call on accident. :banghead::dunce:

Hey guys, assuming my internet works I'm planning on making an appearance tonight. Could someone kindly fill me in on whats going on? I've seen some mention of a greatest hits combo night, but I haven't seen where the combos are posted. Thanks.

Hope you can make it! Click here for the original list or just see below:

Lotus Elise RM '96 @ Circuit Spa-Francorchamps
Gran Turismo 350Z RS @ Deep Forest Raceway Reverse
NSX RM '91 @ Twin Ring Motegi East

With the S.N.A.I.L. Results document, there's a tab called "S.N.A.I.L. Information Links". Click that tab and then go to the "Car/Track Information". From there, go to the "Car/Track Combinations" tab and check out column K. Now that I've gotten you this far, can you please post your fast lap finding for us? :)

Huge thanks to @kcheeb for creating this treasure trove of data and information for us. It's a true masterpiece! :bowdown:

Thanks man. 👍 Strangely enough there's no record (that I could find) of the 350z @ Deep Forest Reverse. Each of the others are there, though.

Sure; these are what I could come up with after about 10 laps each.

Elise RM '96 on SS @ Spa - 2:43.151

NSX RM '91 on RH @ Motegi East - 1:26.994

GT 350z on SS @ Deep Reverse -
1:19.625

The track info sheet may have times for the combos. Depends on if they were entered. You'll need the date of the races to make it easier to find.

We don't keep qualifying times for our races. This might change in GT6 depending on whether the replays include the qualy session.

EDIT: Treed :)

Btw, the digital download of GT6 is available in the store, GO.

The fact that qualifications are now acknowledged in the game adds a whole other level of overall efficiency so in my opinion it might be a good idea to keep records of those as well.

Ahhh, I'm so tempted to just purchase & download it now but I'll be picking up my pre-order tonight instead so patience must be exercised :lol:

Last edited:
Back