◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,686 comments
I must have had something set up wrong then :confused:

I'm going to be honest with you about the Brake Balance issue, you know my thoughts on it. It'll be the straw that broke Sunday Night Racing's back for me. I think you're making a mountain out of a mole hill and could very easily make cars that are very hard to handle to begin with, even harder. The result could be, not pretty.

I could be wrong, but it is my view and in terms of tuning, the difference, speed wise, is negligible.

Not trying to force your hand, just be honest with you. I haven't raced in two weeks anyway and the lights are still on.

It's a moot point anyways. One-Make racing can only be done with cars from the Recommended List.

I don't like that I can't see my friends unless their racing, I don't like the fact that the G-27 can no longer be adjusted mid-run!

Just noticed I'm still on the driver's list even though I haven't raced here in ages. I'll be joining y'all again after the first of the year when I start a new job. I'll be extremely rusty since I haven't raced since September :embarrassed:

Looking forward to you racing again. :)

I have an hour or so into GT6 and I am just too overwhelmed to really know what is going on so far... but... I am working on National B and it is pretty damn cool seeing everyone in the rankings... I can see this being a barnload of fun. I am pretty stoked to be a SNAIL right now!!

Aside from some quirks (like the personal music is still messed up) I'm liking things so far. Just finished up Novice and got the license, gonna knock out the national b stuff here after a short pause for the cause. I like the new physics. Someone said they couldn't tell? I can tell in a big way especially at the point of and after the tires break free. Gonna have to learn to drift all over again. Engines sound like engines (wasn't really that upset with them in the first place, just a small few that sounded broken, or that old alfa and the tire thump.) The tire squeal is more realistically implemented, but, I think it sounds weird. Digitized maybe. Clouds, scenery, all that looks better, more crisp. Watching a focus get its arse way up in the air under breaking, looking like a fat ol cow is pretty humorous as well. Currently I'll give the game a 6 out of 10. Really, though, it because I'm holding out for the rest of the options to be implemented. If we get everything the promised, the score will rise to a 10 (a 10, I give it a 10, a ****ing 10) but if they fall through, I may have to drop the score. I will be so heart broken if they let us down. Like, pack it up and move on to PC sims.

Some new cars, some new tracks, some new mild features and is basically a GT5 version 2.0.
But I like the "base model" for racing cars and the variety of it we get now and the fact that we have another 40 or 50 options for combo choices.
1 to 10....... 7. I was expecting way more cool new stuff.

I'd probably give it an 8 after initial impressions. The improvement in the qualifying process alone is the worth about half the price of admission. It went from a horribly implemented afterthought to a really well thought-out part of Gran Turismo's online racing experience. 👍

Just an FYI, went to an ebgames at lunch and they had a bunch of the preorder games available for purchase. The guy actually tried to get me to buy it there and cancel my order at my local store. Got to my local store and the guy at had the reg version out and the preorders locked up. Had to show him ID!

The driver's names are not the psn id when you are online?

Nope. When you first get into the game you'll be prompted to enter your first and last name in two separate fields. Once in a lobby your first name will be initialized and your last name will be spelled out. Dragon Whisky becomes D. Whisky. Not sure if you can leave the first name blank and just enter a last name. I may try that on another account to see if it will.

While I like some of the lobby tools and what they've done with the live timing interface, and driving feels better overall, tire sounds seem better at letting me know just when grip will be lost, feedback on the G27 feels smoother as well and a few other things, I am more than a bit disappointed with the in game economy. Helmets run 10K and up and suits start at 45K and go up from there. There are some single color suits you can get for real cheap but none of them are blue. I have a sinking feeling that DLC of this nature will be more incentive to spend $ for C and the current payouts from the lower level events does nothing to discourage this outlook. I really do hope if I log in after midnight, or tomorrow sometime, I see a message stating a bonus for payouts will be received. If not, playing GT6 to afford just the cars, will become a grind for everyone. Either you grind in game events or grind your RL job to get the stuff you want or need, so you can play.

Nope. When you first get into the game you'll be prompted to enter your first and last name in two separate fields. Once in a lobby your first name will be initialized and your last name will be spelled out. Dragon Whisky becomes D. Whisky. Not sure if you can leave the first name blank and just enter a last name. I may try that on another account to see if it will.

This was a topic of conversation in the test room earlier. Some have chosen to give their PSN names the first initial last name look (i.e. T. Crash or D. Whisky), while some have chosen to use their real names (i.e. D. Hawkins or M. sprau), and still others have kept their PSN ID's fully intact as their last name (i.e. S. kcheeb). Unfortunately, all this inconsistency could make it difficult for our scorekeepers to know who's who on Sunday nights. I wish they would just show our PSN names like every other game in the PlayStation universe (or at least give us an option to choose to see that instead). Any ideas?

Some new cars, some new tracks, some new mild features and is basically a GT5 version 2.0.

But I like the "base model" for racing cars and the variety of it we get now and the fact that we have another 40 or 50 options for combo choices.
1 to 10....... 7. I was expecting way more cool new stuff.

I would be far lower for a score on this, as delivered. Improve what you did before? Fine. That is what is expected of everyone. My mantra goes along the lines of "I can never expect you to do better than your best... But your best can always get better!"

I would rather PD pushed the needle a liitle too far...somewhere? Can the 'envelope' handle it? Maybe they have to retract or change some potentially paradigm shifting idea... I do not see any creative push like that here. The only two buttons I saw getting mashed by developers were Easier and Safe. Largely left alone, Better wondered what Veronica had on her and why she had not upDated yet.

That is not really a paradigm shift when the programmers get their cues from a Staples gag-gift. I really wanted to like this more than GT6, or similarly at least, and it is not really much different.

Don't get me wrong, I plan on being there Sunday night, but I really wish GT6 was ... Better... At something?... Something that looked like an intern did not get delegated to handle, I suppose.

Heck, a five year old with a Sharpie can put a line on anything, well... Except a GT6 car, I guess.

This was a topic of conversation in the test room earlier. Some have chosen to give their PSN names the first initial last name look (i.e. T. Crash or D. Whisky), while some have chosen to use their real names (i.e. D. Hawkins or M. sprau), and still others have kept their PSN ID's fully intact as their last name (i.e. S. kcheeb). Unfortunately, all this inconsistency could make it difficult for our scorekeepers to know who's who on Sunday nights. I wish they would just show our PSN names like every other game in the PlayStation universe (or at least give us an option to choose to see that instead). Any ideas?

Yup. Everything that's occurred to me so far will be quite a bit more work for the staff. If no one was averse to it, we could suggest to all league members to use their full PSN ID in the last name field and whatever they like in the first name? Similar to what kcheeb has done.

Note: I just re-launched GT6 and it's getting another update. Not sure what it updated but my garage had a "new" tag over when I got back in.
20131206_232538.jpg

Did have version 1.01.49xxxxxxx. Now 1.01.69xxxxxxx

What does the Stockyard do for us?

Last edited:
Yeah, about that name thing, no chance of changing it? Cause there is not much chance of my playing on another account to change my name. I went another route and created a fictional name, Rally Mchaggis...

Btw, the economy was dreadful in gt5 at first also. Are seasonals functioning yet? What is/will be their payout?

And just so I'm not only seeming to gate on the game. Have you guys raced the xbow yet in cockpit view? Watching the suspension work is neat!

Last edited:
Yeah, about that name thing, no chance of changing it? Cause there is not much chance of my playing on another account to change my name. I went another route and created a fictional name, Rally Mchaggis...

Btw, the economy was dreadful in gt5 at first also. Are seasonals functioning yet? What is/will be their payout?

Last I looked there were 3 TT seasonals up. IIRC,the biggest payout was 12.5K for the VGT seasonal.

I just changed my name to SNAIL Dragonwhisky. I have 1 more name change left. Apparently you get 2 name resets after the initial.

Last edited:
I quickly ran through the first seasonal.

150 credits for a bronze...

Any guesses on who is betting on micro-transactions?

Looks like we may be looking at one makes instead of buying cars, at least at first. Getting anniversary cars is going to be a god send I think.

The stockyard it's just a place to stick cars your not using. A place to shove them for the collectors or a place to retire them to after getting voted off.

Last edited:
It's not that bad. I've got 330K in the bank and already bought the RX-7 for next Sunday. With a 50K cap for awhile, it shouldn't be that hard to keep up.

To get the cars from the current list it takes $125,000. I've got 195,000 in 2.5 hours of driving. Granted 90,000 of it came from driving on the moon. But, the cars for the 15th are obtainable.

And if I remember correctly, this isn't much different than the start of GT5, 1,000's for races, instead of 10,000's or 100,000's that we're used to seeing from the latter stages of GT5. It's the start of the game, did you think, with or without micro-transactions, you'd get 100,000 for three laps at Autumn Ring Mini in a Jr. Kart?

Yup. Everything that's occurred to me so far will be quite a bit more work for the staff. If no one was averse to it, we could suggest to all league members to use their full PSN ID in the last name field and whatever they like in the first name? Similar to what kcheeb has done.

Yeah kcheeb's method is the best for us IMO because it doesn't force us to re-learn who everyone is. Plus, all the data we have is tied to everyone's PSN names, so that's not going to change.

Last edited:
Yeah kcheeb's method is the best for us IMO because it doesn't force us to re-learn who everyone is. Plus, all the data we have is tied to everyone's PSN names, so that's not going to change.

Changing our names in the data or adding another column for GT6 name could be done. But I shudder at the work involved.

To get the cars from the current list it takes $125,000. I've got 195,000 in 2.5 hours of driving. Granted 90,000 of it came from driving on the moon. But, the cars for the 15th are obtainable.

And if I remember correctly, this isn't much different than the start of GT5, 1,000's for races, instead of 10,000's or 100,000's that we're used to seeing from the latter stages of GT5. It's the start of the game, did you think, with or without micro-transactions, you'd get 100,000 for three laps at Autumn Ring Mini in a Jr. Kart?

I haven't even done the moon stuff yet. It will be even easier if the winners are kind enough to pick some cars that are under the cap and happen to be prize cars.

Changing our names in the data or adding another column for GT6 name could be done. But I shudder at the work involved.

Hope you don't mind, but I'm going to quote you here. The juice isn't worth the squeeze. :)

Btw, did anyone else notice that the usual "Hello." and "See you next time." messages didn't pop up when guys entered and left the room? Or did I just overlook that? I can't find a profile setting or anything to add or change that.

I've got a total of 3.4 hours into the game according to my stats. My credit tally stands at 400k which includes the moon challenge. Having the additional 25 cars right off the bat has helped tremendously. Other than the Fit the only credit I've spent has been for tires.

Hope you don't mind, but I'm going to quote you here. The juice isn't worth the squeeze. :)

Btw, did anyone else notice that the usual "Hello." and "See you next time." messages didn't pop up when guys entered and left the room? Or did I just overlook that? I can't find a profile setting or anything to add or change that.

Agreed, but the risk we take is alienating some people who've seen an opportunity to get creative with their names.

I didn't see the messages either.

Agreed, but the risk we take is alienating some people who've seen an opportunity to get creative with their names.

I didn't see the messages either.

I guess we could politely ask that members put their full PSN ID as their last name (for easy identification purposes), but they certainly don't have to if they're already attached to their new GT6 name.

I've just changed my first name to a dot. So now in-game abbreviated name is just ".. zer05ive"

I was about to change my first name to "@" since it would be like @zer05ive (and also my Twitter username), but then I forgot about the dot they put after the first initial (and "@. zer05ive" looked stupid)

Back