◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,756 comments
I guess we could politely ask that members put their full PSN ID as their last name (for easy identification purposes), but they certainly don't have to if they're already attached to their new GT6 name.
12 character max though. I'm "Into Flatlines" now :/

12 character max though. I'm "Into Flatlines" now :/

Good point. Not everyone will be able to fit their whole PSN ID into the last name field. However, there's no mistaking your identity with the way you've split your PSN ID into two words like that. 👍

That being said, I'm kind of annoyed that we have to deal with something so stupid. Since the PSN was launched more than seven years ago, has there ever been a game where players weren't able to see the PSN ID's of the other people they were playing with?? Sometimes PD gets too cute for it's own good.

Last edited:
So here's what I'm thinking for the new Time Trial process:

Arcade Mode: Single Player
Time Trial
World Circuits
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
Use a Courtesy Car
Scion FR-S '12
Pick a Color
Select Transmission Type
Go to Driving Options and change Traction Control to 0
(the default tire matches SNAIL regs (Sports Hard) which is why I didn't mention that in the steps)
Click 'Start' and run about 10-15 laps

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Do we still have to break in cars?
Yea and that will be a pain until bspec shows up. That being said it will only mean we have a 4-6pp spread.

As for my thoughts on GT6 the improvements far out why he complaints. New physics - A, looks - A, new tracks - A. Economy - C, features - D

The features will come and I think they will improve the economy. Right now I am just trying to get through the races so I can get online where all the fun happens:)

Yeah we're going to need to figure what to do about breaking-in cars. It's not reasonable to ask everyone to break-in cars on their own (without the help of Bobs).

We also need to figure out what to do about the elimination of Private Lounges. While part of me is glad that I won't have to manage five friends lists, I don't know how efficient it would be for our division hosts to have to have everyone in their division on their friends list.

Someone in the test room mentioned something about a "friend pyramid" or a "fiend tree", but I think something like that would only work if "friends of friends" could join "friends only" room, which I don't think is the case. Any ideas?

I know i wont have a problem hosting an creating a SNAIL division Account to race from.

But will you be okay with adding people to your friends list whenever a new member joins, or when existing members are promoted or relegated to your division? And what if you yourself are promoted or relegated? Would you be willing to add a whole new division's worth of drivers to your friends list?

And even if all of the above is fine with you, what happens if you can't race on a given Sunday night? Where there be a backup host for your division that has all the necessary PSN ID's on his friends list too? Just trying to play devil's advocate because these are all questions that we need to be figured out relatively soon.

But will you be okay with adding people to your friends list whenever a new member joins, or when existing members are promoted or relegated to your division? And then what if you yourself are promoted or relegated? Would you be willing to add a whole new division's worth of drivers to your friends list?

And even if all of the above is fine with you, what happens if you can't race on a given Sunday night? Where there be a backup host for your division that has all the necessary PSN ID's on his friends list too? Just trying to play devil's advocate because these are all questions that need to be figured out soon.

Yes. I personally would keep a seperate account to run on sunday night. If need be I would give my login information to another snailer in the division if I was not able to attend that way a room could still be opened with all the friends without having to have someone else add them.

So in the event of relegation or promotion for myself someone in the division that is trusted amongst us will have the info so people can be added or removed if I was unable to attend or even if I was relegated or promoted.

The easiest solution I see to this is hosting a Public room but requiring all SNAILers to have there main portion of there current PSN name setup so. That way if someone joins that doesnt belong can be removed from the room.

Also, in my opinion I think the it would be best to give a challenge to everyone for a time trial to accurately place divisions. I dont think I personally would do it in just one trial. I would have two different trials. It would truely show the level of the driver. I know myself I struggle with higher hp and low grip, but excell in low hp high grip. I would have a trial for both

I do understand it would take more work, but I feel in the long run it would lead to closer divisions. I know the new physics have changed things alot. The test racing tonight was very close amongst D1-D3 guys.

Edited:

Also If I must I will buy 5 PS3s and discs and just run a spliter. I would then be able to run and host the divisions. Then Give you and the upper management the combonations to add or remove people from the division friends list. Being that the qualifying has been extremely stream lined, the time it takes to change a room would be neglible, as it would give the score keepers time to input and then the next race would start all around the same time.

Last edited:
I think I am in love! The rocket may just be the best car I have ever driven in GT. If you have not driven it do so now. Only negative is it needs another gear:)

How about a couple of GT6 pics.

Gemasolar_1.jpg

Gemasolar.jpg

Yeah we're going to need to figure what to do about breaking-in cars. It's not reasonable to ask everyone to break-in cars on their own (without the help of Bobs).
I read somewhere on the forums that cars don't need broken in. The guy changed the oil and the hp stayed the same for 200 km. Hold on and I'll go find it.

Here ya go. Taken from a thread in the gt6 question forums. Btw I hate the new mobile site. I want the app back.

Jay
It seems to me the cars have their real power figure now when purchased and after oil change it does increase. Unlike previous GT's where their power figure was always below what it should be until oil change.

As for breaking-in, I bought a S15 Silvia, oil changed it to get 258hp, it never rose from there and now after 200km's or so it has decreased. No increase in power noted at all from breaking-in.

EDIT: Just changed the oil again in the S15 and the power is back to the original 258hp it started with, no increase overall.

Last edited:
December 1, 2013 lineup
banners by jobyone

ROUND ONE
Honda Gathers Drider CIVIC Race Car '98
(192HP / PP 422) (Racing Hard tires)
at Tsukuba Circuit (10 laps)

photo by ???

ROUND TWO
Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02
(307HP / PP 473) (Sports Medium tires)
at Suzuka Circuit (5 laps)

photo by ???

ROUND THREE
Chevrolet Camaro SS '10
(447HP / PP 505) (Sports Medium tires)
at Côte d'Azur (6 laps)

photo by ???

****************************************​
Is this the current line up?

200 km? Even 120 miles is only 2/3 or so into the old break in, no? I will bet it is still there.

Ok - basic paint chips do not get used up (at least from one paint job). Anyone know about the GT specific ones?

I would like to go with GT 6 Polarized 007 (for now) if it is repeatable, and if we end up being able to use our own cars.

Last edited:
FmeorCJ.png

Race Date: 1 December 2013

Reviews for the affected Prize Winners have been completed and I'm happy to announce, all prize winners, as reported here, are cleared to make their selections.

Banner by dabneyd
I reviewed all current Incident Reports as well.

Prize A: @redsoxboy80 - replace Combo 3, car* and track
Prize B: @soundtiger95 - replace Tsukuba OR the Gathers/Drider Civic car*. (Car is 50,000 credits, may be kept is @soundtiger95 chooses another track)

* Cars 50,000 credits or less, gents!

The Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02 - Comb 2 - is the car in the top left corner on the dealership page, the penultimate page. Go to the end of the dealership, ogle the 787B Stealth for a moment, then page back one screen, there she is. 40,000 credits.

Last edited:
yep. Stewards were given an extension is observance of the GT6 Release holiday!

I am currently in a love hate relationship. Its kinda like how I feel about the new GTP12. I mean, it looks better, and kinda operates better. But man, it just feels off. I know we are only on day two. But already I worry about the economy. I really didnt want to do that. I mean, I think some people may be really falling into the "I want everything now, mine, mine, mine, mine!" Trap. Cause you know, COD, BF, absolutely any RPG or any other game I can ever thing of period for all the consoles, they just give you everything at the very beginning? No, it doesn't.This isn't iRacing, but hey, even then, you do have to progress through the points system to race in better races. Its progression, every game has it. Adds replay value, and something to strive for. Spoiled brats want it all now, which is why there is now an option for the spoiled to go buy credits. But! I do worry that payouts are currently a bit lopsided, even compared to GT5 at launch. It is still early, so I am not sure how the bigger races pay out, nor have he had a whole bunch of seasonals and extra events to gauge from either. The menu setup to me screams update ability, but maybe that is because they switched to the tile icon interface.

Anyway, I am still standing by my 6 out of 10. I have high hopes still, but PD's recent track record is also worrisome. Especially on the DLC front. If they follow through though, add the features promised it a timely fashion, and make it just a little bit easier to get some loot. Maybe a daily sign on bonus? Or just bump seasonal payouts? This game hits 10/10. Cause everything else about the game is great.

For those of us that have yet to receive GT-6 ..... Would the SNAIL Trail Blazers put together a list of Suggestions and Advice? Reading the thread is a long patch-work of experiences. Hope you will consider the request. (Of course I could just take notes like a good student.)

For those of us that have yet to receive GT-6 ..... Would the SNAIL Trail Blazers put together a list of Suggestions and Advice? Reading the thread is a long patch-work of experiences. Hope you will consider the request. (Of course I could just take notes like a good student.)

I have been running SNAIL settings so far, Tex. Start in Novice class - the Fit you are required to begin with is fine here for all races. If you win a MiTo 1.4 it is a mite more powerful, but you won't need the extra.

Make sure you take the National B License when it is eligible in Novice class. 5 events, easy. Go for gold on them - again, easy - and you can 'kart' away a 'junior sized' prize.. Know-what-I-mean-Verne?

Same thing in National B, the second step up. Win 7 races, then do the National A license. That opens up Online racing. I was playing around with the Focus and FRS and both throttled competition at 445 ish PP when the max allowed was 500 PP. Even a 410 put a wallop on them.

Getting Gold on all mission races (a subset inside the category) gets extra bonus cars. Bonus cars are less frequent than GT5, but make more sense cost/PP so far. You win one car for winning all the events in one category, not one car for each miniseries and an extra one for finishing all of them. [Just finished all the National B races, a decent bonus car - not crazy high]

Once the moon mission opens up, it is a fun 'rally' course - 50,000 credits, non-repeatable, for 3 different races.

Watch the Vision GT movie for a free car.

I did not need to buy any cars to compete (Japanese '90's is not in anniversary pack). You can win easy and SNAIL-clean well below the max, or even suggested PP. Once you get to the National A races, you may need to buy cars, but that is well into Career land. National A opens when you are less than halfway through National B.

Economy seems slower to increase. Prize money escalates slower than GT5. If you want modified parts, some are much more expensive than the GT5 counterpart.

Last edited:
Yes. I personally would keep a seperate account to run on sunday night. If need be I would give my login information to another snailer in the division if I was not able to attend that way a room could still be opened with all the friends without having to have someone else add them.

Thank you for being willing to do that, but I feel like that would essentially be the same thing as creating another divisional account. In other words, how would that be any different from me simply giving you access to the D2 account?

So in the event of relegation or promotion for myself someone in the division that is trusted amongst us will have the info so people can be added or removed if I was unable to attend or even if I was relegated or promoted.

If this were to happen, we could give the new D2 host access to the D2 account. But regardless of whether you use a newly created account or the existing D2 account, one downside I see is not very many people wanting to drive under an account that is not their primary account.

Also, I just think I figured out what the "friend tree" or "friend pyramid" idea is. Since there are no more private lounges, the idea is that as long as one of your friends is in a room, you should be able to join him (regardless of whether or not the host is one your friend list too). Can anyone verify if that is possible? In other words, someone needs set up a "Friends Only" room, and someone else (who is not on his friends list) tries to see if he can follow one of their mutual friends into the room. 💡

The easiest solution I see to this is hosting a Public room but requiring all SNAILers to have there main portion of there current PSN name setup so. That way if someone joins that doesnt belong can be removed from the room.

I agree that this would be the easiest solution and something I would be in favor of if we could keep the possibility of randoms joins relatively low. Perhaps put "PRIVATE!" or something similar in the room name. I know that won't keep everyone out, but at least around 99% or so.

Also, in my opinion I think the it would be best to give a challenge to everyone for a time trial to accurately place divisions. I dont think I personally would do it in just one trial. I would have two different trials. It would truely show the level of the driver. I know myself I struggle with higher hp and low grip, but excell in low hp high grip. I would have a trial for both

I do understand it would take more work, but I feel in the long run it would lead to closer divisions. I know the new physics have changed things alot. The test racing tonight was very close amongst D1-D3 guys.

That's why the time trial we select is designed to represent the median of the league. Mid-range power in a FR chassis (which is by far the most popular). Also Laguna Seca has a little bit of everything and doesn't have alternate track variations for people to confuse and end up running their time trial at the wrong track.

If we did required two different time trials as you are suggesting, what if someone runs a D1 time in the low hp time trial and a D3 time trial in the high hp time trial. Should we simply put him in D2? At the end of the day, he can only be assigned to one division.

Also If I must I will buy 5 PS3s and discs and just run a spliter. I would then be able to run and host the divisions. Then Give you and the upper management the combonations to add or remove people from the division friends list. Being that the qualifying has been extremely stream lined, the time it takes to change a room would be neglible, as it would give the score keepers time to input and then the next race would start all around the same time.

I'm not sure I understand this. I understand that you're wanting to provide the best connection possible to each division, but that would require you to be in the room as the host. How would you be able to do that and still be able to manage all of the settings (since you would not be able to do that while you race).

Last edited:

Time Trial
World Circuits
Use a Courtesy Car
Scion FR-S '12
Pick a Color
Select Transmission Type
(the default tire matches SNAIL regs (Sports Hard) which is why I didn't mention that in the steps)

Thoughts? Suggestions?

This looks good to me. Will everyone need to redo the time trials and we'll reshuffle the divisional placement accordingly?

As for the friends list thing. It definitely needs to be tested if a host makes a room as friends only and check if friends of their friends can join.

I've noticed in every series I've run in, arguably, not as many as others in SNAIL, that puts comments like "private" in their open lobbies, are generally the targets of griefers trying to get attention.

If testing friends of friends is successful, there are no worries. Room hosts will also be, by default, the race directors now as well. No one else can change settings in the room.

Think I'm going to go do the time trial and see what I run.

On a side note, last night at one point I saw the largest number of friends online at 22. All playing GT6, 👍:cheers:

I made a friends only room last night. When friends only is selected only those that are on your friends list can join.

Time Trial
World Circuits
Use a Courtesy Car
Scion FR-S '12
Pick a Color
Select Transmission Type

Thoughts? Suggestions?

I'll get a form together shortly for GT6 Time Trials.

OK, so here is my idea because I have the same problem with my league. Two playstations, go on-line with whatever division you hold races in. Create friends only room with division account. Log in to your primary account. Everyone can join lobby just like they do now. Start race from second playstation. I don't have more than one PS3 now but will in a few weeks. I might try that before I bail on the main racing lounge.

Thoughts?

Back