◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,696 comments
Can we not run the rooms like we did in GT5? I still haven't messed around with the online stuff yet, Had to sleep after getting it opened.

So here's what I'm thinking for the new Time Trial process:

Arcade Mode: Single Player
Time Trial
World Circuits
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
Use a Courtesy Car
Scion FR-S '12
Pick a Color
Select Transmission Type
Go to Driving Options and change Traction Control to 0
(the default tire matches SNAIL regs (Sports Hard) which is why I didn't mention that in the steps)
Click 'Start' and run about 10-15 laps

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Okay, here's a form to enter your GT6 Time Trial Information. If we could ask over the next 5 days or so, everyone run the time trial and submit a time, that would be awesome 👍

I've included in the form, PSN ID, GT Planet ID and GT6 Name.

Thanks.

Okay, here's a form to enter your GT6 Time Trial Information. If we could ask over the next 5 days or so, everyone run the time trial and submit a time, that would be awesome 👍

I've included in the form, PSN ID, GT Planet ID and GT6 Name.

Thanks.

Was I first?

Bought the Mazda, heading to test break in stuff. Even if I've heard it's unnecessary now. Will report back as soon as I can.

Test drive from car page does put miles on the car. Starting my full break in now. Is that Mazda a Wankel rotary. Car page says it's 654X2CC displacement. Thing will do 176+- top speed.

Last edited:
Was I first?

Bought the Mazda, heading to test break in stuff. Even if I've heard it's unnecessary now. Will report back as soon as I can.

You were first.

I need a Japanese '90's car. Will check to see if you're still on for break in about 10 minutes.

OK, so here is my idea because I have the same problem with my league. Two playstations, go on-line with whatever division you hold races in. Create friends only room with division account. Log in to your primary account. Everyone can join lobby just like they do now. Start race from second playstation. I don't have more than one PS3 now but will in a few weeks. I might try that before I bail on the main racing lounge.

Thoughts?

@ynot that would certainly work.

But as you said, that would require that each of the room hosts have, at a minimum 2 PS3's. For us, the room hosts race most weeks, but from time to time they aren't able to race Sundays. Having a backup room host with two PS3's would be a problem.

Aahhhh PD.

EDIT: crap double post.

I have had a thought or two about car limits for winning choices going forward. First off this is the credit break down known so far

Sure.
Novice - 42,300
B - 231,920
A - 636,680
IB - 937,112

So anyone that wants to take place in online events will have won about 270k. With that being said I think allowing the car choices to go up to 90k seems fair.

The other thought is to cap the cost at the amount of credits you can realistically win in 1 hour. That way someone who wants to join would only have to spend 3 hours getting the cars assuming he has 0 credit and none of the cars. It looks like running National B events could earn you around 70k in an hour so the above 90k feels reasonable. If we start to get login bonuses or if the seasonals start to give better payout we could begin upping the amount.

Finally I would suggest any reasonably attainable prize car should be allowed

Career
Novice (All Stars) gives Renault Sport Clio R.S. '11 (confirmed)
National B (Half of all Stars) gives Lancia DELTA HF Integrale Evoluzione '91 (confirmed)
National B (All Stars) gives Acura NSX '91 (confirmed)

Licences
National B licence gives Gran Turismo Racing Kart Junior (confirmed)
National B licence (Gold) gives Alfa Romeo MiTo 1.4 T Sport '09 (confirmed)
National A licence gives Honda S2000 '06 (confirmed)
National A licence (Gold) gives KTM X-BOW Street '12(confirmed)

Missions
National B (Gold) gives Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI GSR T.M. EDITION Special Color Package '99 (confirmed)

Goodwood Festival of Speed
1-1 A110 (Gold)
1-2 X-BOW (Gold)
1-3 Dino 246 GT (Gold)

gives
Light Car Company Rocket '07 (confirmed)

2-1 507 (Gold)
2-2 Lotus Europa S.2 (Gold)
2-3 SLS AMG GT3 (Gold)

gives
Plymouth XNR Ghia Roadster '60 (confirmed)

And of course the MB Vision GT.

I am not trying to massively limit the cars we can choose just suggesting we keep thing attainable for those with a bit less time. The 90k cap will still leave a huge amount of cars. In fact it should allow us to choose from nearly 700 cars

http://www.kudosprime.com/gt6/carlist.php?order=price&start=700&rev=y

These are just my thoughts and may not reflect the thoughts of the PTB

I made a friends only room last night. When friends only is selected only those that are on your friends list can join.

I don't think that's the case. Last night when I joined your room it was because someone else in the room was on my friends list, not you.

Ok I've got some ideas.

As for room hosts. Do like we do in other series. Host posts the room number in thread and those in the series join. Boot randoms as needed.

As for car choices and such. I'd say right now the coordinators set the cars for the events. Allow winners to pick tracks. Until we've progressed where car choices are more open and folks have gotten garages built it would be easiest.

Surely nobody would mind allowing the head hogs do the car picking for now.

Ok I've got some ideas.

As for room hosts. Do like we do in other series. Host posts the room number in thread and those in the series join. Boot randoms as needed.

As for car choices and such. I'd say right now the coordinators set the cars for the events. Allow winners to pick tracks. Until we've progressed where car choices are more open and folks have gotten garages built it would be easiest.

We could even run the same cars for a couple of weeks, three new tracks will keep it fresh.

That way no one is scrambling.

Only pain is the randoms, not sure we can do too much about that :grumpy:

I gotta go with Owens on one point. Just run in an open lobby with the room number posted on the thread. Name it SNAIL Div. 1 and deal with any random guys that show up. It might also serve to help with recruitment and interest in SNAIL. We can do this until we get the update for the community features which is supposed to be in January.

What's wrong with leaving the cap for car choices at 50K. I've seen the payouts for International B and there are races there that pay up to 30K per race. Leave it at 50K for a season and then step it up gradually from there each season.

I read somewhere on the forums that cars don't need broken in. The guy changed the oil and the hp stayed the same for 200 km. Hold on and I'll go find it.

Here ya go. Taken from a thread in the gt6 question forums.

Jay
It seems to me the cars have their real power figure now when purchased and after oil change it does increase. Unlike previous GT's where their power figure was always below what it should be until oil change.

As for breaking-in, I bought a S15 Silvia, oil changed it to get 258hp, it never rose from there and now after 200km's or so it has decreased. No increase in power noted at all from breaking-in.

EDIT: Just changed the oil again in the S15 and the power is back to the original 258hp it started with, no increase overall.

I'm really hoping that this is right. I know everyone would prefer if having to break-in cars was a thing of the past!

Test drive from car page does put miles on the car. Starting my full break in now. Is that Mazda a Wankel rotary. Car page says it's 654X2CC displacement. Thing will do 176+- top speed.

Any update? Hopefully you can confirm good news. :)

The one make races won't work because they only allow the recommended cars to be used and not all the cars in the game. We can still paint our cars. I will be going back to my old color combo of GT polarized 001-p for the body color and some sort of red chrome for the wheels.

Prize A: @redsoxboy80 - replace Combo 3, car* and track
Prize B: @soundtiger95 - replace Tsukuba OR the Gathers/Drider Civic car*. (Car is 50,000 credits, may be kept is @soundtiger95 chooses another track)

* Cars 50,000 credits or less, gents!

The Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02 - Comb 2 - is the car in the top left corner on the dealership page, the penultimate page. Go to the end of the dealership, ogle the 787B Stealth for a moment, then page back one screen, there she is. 40,000 credits.

This probably be a good time to announce that Handlebar is our new Prize A/B Coordinator. Thanks Handlebar!

I have had a thought or two about car limits for winning choices going forward. First off this is the credit break down known so far

So anyone that wants to take place in online events will have won about 270k. With that being said I think allowing the car choices to go up to 90k seems fair.

The other thought is to cap the cost at the amount of credits you can realistically win in 1 hour. That way someone who wants to join would only have to spend 3 hours getting the cars assuming he has 0 credit and none of the cars. It looks like running National B events could earn you around 70k in an hour so the above 90k feels reasonable. If we start to get login bonuses or if the seasonals start to give better payout we could begin upping the amount.

Finally I would suggest any reasonably attainable prize car should be allowed

And of course the MB Vision GT.

I am not trying to massively limit the cars we can choose just suggesting we keep thing attainable for those with a bit less time. The 90k cap will still leave a huge amount of cars. In fact it should allow us to choose from nearly 700 cars

http://www.kudosprime.com/gt6/carlist.php?order=price&start=700&rev=y

These are just my thoughts and may not reflect the thoughts of the PTB

I think this all looks good! What does everyone else think?

One a related note (but not really), does anyone know if price limit to gift cars is still $1M?

This probably be a good time to announce that Handlebar is our new Prize A/B Coordinator. Thanks Handlebar!

I think this all looks good! What does everyone else think?

One a related note (but not really), does anyone know if price limit to gift cars is still $1M?

Can not gift cars as of yet.

No Bday tickets yet. Also don't forget guys that a online patch is coming soon.

I change my colors to matte light green body and GT6 polarized 034 rims.

Last edited:
I don't like at all the changes on the on line thing.... The community was a must as now we have to join the general lobby and search for rooms with friends!!! Pathetic!
The new tracks are amazing... all of them but i already have a favorite.... Bathurst is a BLAST, specially that downhill zigzag section :)

I think the highest I won in the B series was 10,000. Races were usually 3-4 min.

For the first two weeks, I would stick with 50,000 to make it easier to bring in new members, then slowly slide the cap up, say 10-20,000 per week, possibly.

I need to make a backup copy of the game and see if I can test something, then overwrite my save.

If that works, I want to test how many times you can 'use' a paintchip - will it ever get used up?

Very disappointed that they released this game with features below the game it replaced. It's shiney and pretty and the driving is nice. But damn frustrating they are missing so many things we used so often. The detuning thing is a huge pain in the ass as well.

I'm just past the first license...love Brands and Willow so far.

Ok I've got some ideas.

I am all for this. Was actually hesitant to suggest it because feedback from some that they didn't think our practice rooms should be in the Open Lobby due to the randoms (I think you were one of those that had that opinion :sly:). However, if everyone is cool with it, I say we just go with it. 👍

I gotta go with Owens on one point. Just run in an open lobby with the room number posted on the thread. Name it SNAIL Div. 1 and deal with any random guys that show up. It might also serve to help with recruitment and interest in SNAIL. We can do this until we get the update for the community features which is supposed to be in January.

Yeah I'm betting the updated community features was delayed because they are still working on whatever system they have to replace private lounges. Until then, we'll just race int he Open Lobby.

We could even run the same cars for a couple of weeks, three new tracks will keep it fresh.

That way no one is scrambling.

Only pain is the randoms, not sure we can do too much about that :grumpy:

What's wrong with leaving the cap for car choices at 50K. I've seen the payouts for International B and there are races there that pay up to 30K per race. Leave it at 50K for a season and then step it up gradually from there each season.

I think it's important that we let the Prize A and Prize B winners make their picks as long as they are reasonable, or as long as they meet any guidelines provided (such as these). We can always veto a pick if it's not in line with the "ease of access" mantra that require for car selections, but I see no need for league management to make picks for the prize winners or change up the flow of our car and track progression.

This pictorial confirms one of the following;
A - We no longer have to break in cars. At all. Buy 'em, throw some erl in 'em, race 'em.
B - 200 miles is not enough to break the cars in now.

Going with A for now because I don't want to spend 2-6 hours running around Route X to find out.

RX-07 New, right off the show room floor.
MazdaRX-7_02New.jpg

After Oil Change
MazdaRX-7_02New+Oil.jpg

Using the Test Drive option from the Garage Car Page will put miles on the car.
MazdaRX-7_02TestDriveMileageTest.jpg

Car Settings Page, pre-break in run.
MazdaRX-7_02SettingsPage.jpg

Post break in run
MazdaRX-7_02PostBreakIn.jpg

MazdaRX-7_02PostBreakinSettingsPg.jpg

Post Break in, after oil change,
MazdaRX-7_02PostBreakIn+Oil.jpg

MazdaRX-7_02SettingPgPostBreakIn+oil.jpg

Latest Posts

Back