Open ◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Presented by ButtKicker: Feel What You've Been Missing

Discussion in 'SNAIL Racing League' started by zer05ive, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Rallywagon

Rallywagon Premium

Can we not run the rooms like we did in GT5? I still haven't messed around with the online stuff yet, Had to sleep after getting it opened.

2. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

Friend List Lounges have been removed. So far as I can tell, there is no Friends list shown anywhere in the game.

3. kcheeb

kcheeb Premium

Okay, here's a form to enter your GT6 Time Trial Information. If we could ask over the next 5 days or so, everyone run the time trial and submit a time, that would be awesome :tup:

I've included in the form, PSN ID, GT Planet ID and GT6 Name.

Thanks.

4. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

Was I first?

Bought the Mazda, heading to test break in stuff. Even if I've heard it's unnecessary now. Will report back as soon as I can.

Test drive from car page does put miles on the car. Starting my full break in now. Is that Mazda a Wankel rotary. Car page says it's 654X2CC displacement. Thing will do 176+- top speed.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
  5. kcheeb

kcheeb Premium

You were first.

I need a Japanese '90's car. Will check to see if you're still on for break in about 10 minutes.

6. kcheeb

kcheeb Premium

@ynot that would certainly work.

But as you said, that would require that each of the room hosts have, at a minimum 2 PS3's. For us, the room hosts race most weeks, but from time to time they aren't able to race Sundays. Having a backup room host with two PS3's would be a problem.

Aahhhh PD.

EDIT: crap double post.

7. jobyone

jobyone Premium

I have had a thought or two about car limits for winning choices going forward. First off this is the credit break down known so far

So anyone that wants to take place in online events will have won about 270k. With that being said I think allowing the car choices to go up to 90k seems fair.

The other thought is to cap the cost at the amount of credits you can realistically win in 1 hour. That way someone who wants to join would only have to spend 3 hours getting the cars assuming he has 0 credit and none of the cars. It looks like running National B events could earn you around 70k in an hour so the above 90k feels reasonable. If we start to get login bonuses or if the seasonals start to give better payout we could begin upping the amount.

Finally I would suggest any reasonably attainable prize car should be allowed

And of course the MB Vision GT.

I am not trying to massively limit the cars we can choose just suggesting we keep thing attainable for those with a bit less time. The 90k cap will still leave a huge amount of cars. In fact it should allow us to choose from nearly 700 cars

http://www.kudosprime.com/gt6/carlist.php?order=price&start=700&rev=y

These are just my thoughts and may not reflect the thoughts of the PTB

8. qwietstorm

qwietstorm

I don't think that's the case. Last night when I joined your room it was because someone else in the room was on my friends list, not you.

fzappa likes this.
  9. DriftinAssassin

DriftinAssassin

Just finished and submitted a Time Trial. :)

zer05ive and kcheeb like this.
  10. OwensRacing

OwensRacing Premium

Ok I've got some ideas.

As for room hosts. Do like we do in other series. Host posts the room number in thread and those in the series join. Boot randoms as needed.

As for car choices and such. I'd say right now the coordinators set the cars for the events. Allow winners to pick tracks. Until we've progressed where car choices are more open and folks have gotten garages built it would be easiest.

Surely nobody would mind allowing the head hogs do the car picking for now.

fzappa, kcheeb and qwietstorm like this.
  11. kcheeb

kcheeb Premium

We could even run the same cars for a couple of weeks, three new tracks will keep it fresh.

That way no one is scrambling.

Only pain is the randoms, not sure we can do too much about that :grumpy:

qwietstorm and OwensRacing like this.
  12. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

I gotta go with Owens on one point. Just run in an open lobby with the room number posted on the thread. Name it SNAIL Div. 1 and deal with any random guys that show up. It might also serve to help with recruitment and interest in SNAIL. We can do this until we get the update for the community features which is supposed to be in January.

What's wrong with leaving the cap for car choices at 50K. I've seen the payouts for International B and there are races there that pay up to 30K per race. Leave it at 50K for a season and then step it up gradually from there each season.

fzappa likes this.
  13. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

I'm really hoping that this is right. I know everyone would prefer if having to break-in cars was a thing of the past!

Any update? Hopefully you can confirm good news. :)

qwietstorm likes this.
  14. intoflatlines

intoflatlines

No "Lounge" for divisions and looking like we'd not be able to paint our own cars/wheels in one-make races makes me sad :(

15. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

The one make races won't work because they only allow the recommended cars to be used and not all the cars in the game. We can still paint our cars. I will be going back to my old color combo of GT polarized 001-p for the body color and some sort of red chrome for the wheels.

16. tezgm99

tezgm99

It was 30k as well.

17. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

This probably be a good time to announce that Handlebar is our new Prize A/B Coordinator. Thanks Handlebar!

I think this all looks good! What does everyone else think?

One a related note (but not really), does anyone know if price limit to gift cars is still $1M?

18. fastfox400

fastfox400

Can not gift cars as of yet.

19. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

Is anyone planning to open a room today?

20. jobyone

jobyone Premium

Doe anyone know if there are birthday tickets like in GT5?

21. Ph1sh

Ph1sh Premium

i was just going to ask that question..any sorta of tickets?

22. DriftinAssassin

DriftinAssassin

I could do something later if any one wants to join. :)

23. Chiochan

Chiochan

No Bday tickets yet. Also don't forget guys that a online patch is coming soon.

I change my colors to matte light green body and GT6 polarized 034 rims.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
    Ph1sher likes this.
  24. Schmiggz

Schmiggz

I don't like at all the changes on the on line thing.... The community was a must as now we have to join the general lobby and search for rooms with friends!!! Pathetic!
    The new tracks are amazing... all of them but i already have a favorite.... Bathurst is a BLAST, specially that downhill zigzag section :)

25. Adventuruss

Adventuruss

My color choice is still:
    #29 Flat Black/Flat Black
    I bought an LFA Nurburgring just for the color.

26. Ph1sh

Ph1sh Premium

Possible to Race Modified a car?

27. Handlebar

Handlebar Premium

I think the highest I won in the B series was 10,000. Races were usually 3-4 min.

For the first two weeks, I would stick with 50,000 to make it easier to bring in new members, then slowly slide the cap up, say 10-20,000 per week, possibly.

I need to make a backup copy of the game and see if I can test something, then overwrite my save.

If that works, I want to test how many times you can 'use' a paintchip - will it ever get used up?

28. IceWarden

IceWarden

Very disappointed that they released this game with features below the game it replaced. It's shiney and pretty and the driving is nice. But damn frustrating they are missing so many things we used so often. The detuning thing is a huge pain in the ass as well.

I'm just past the first license...love Brands and Willow so far.

29. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

I am all for this. Was actually hesitant to suggest it because feedback from some that they didn't think our practice rooms should be in the Open Lobby due to the randoms (I think you were one of those that had that opinion :sly:). However, if everyone is cool with it, I say we just go with it. :tup:

Yeah I'm betting the updated community features was delayed because they are still working on whatever system they have to replace private lounges. Until then, we'll just race int he Open Lobby.

I think it's important that we let the Prize A and Prize B winners make their picks as long as they are reasonable, or as long as they meet any guidelines provided (such as these). We can always veto a pick if it's not in line with the "ease of access" mantra that require for car selections, but I see no need for league management to make picks for the prize winners or change up the flow of our car and track progression.

30. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

This pictorial confirms one of the following;
    A - We no longer have to break in cars. At all. Buy 'em, throw some erl in 'em, race 'em.
    B - 200 miles is not enough to break the cars in now.

Going with A for now because I don't want to spend 2-6 hours running around Route X to find out.

RX-07 New, right off the show room floor.
    MazdaRX-7_02New.jpg

After Oil Change
    MazdaRX-7_02New+Oil.jpg

Using the Test Drive option from the Garage Car Page will put miles on the car.
    MazdaRX-7_02TestDriveMileageTest.jpg

Car Settings Page, pre-break in run.
    MazdaRX-7_02SettingsPage.jpg

Post break in run
    MazdaRX-7_02PostBreakIn.jpg

MazdaRX-7_02PostBreakinSettingsPg.jpg

Post Break in, after oil change,
    MazdaRX-7_02PostBreakIn+Oil.jpg

MazdaRX-7_02SettingPgPostBreakIn+oil.jpg

kcheeb likes this.