◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,417 comments
This pictorial confirms one of the following;
A - We no longer have to break in cars. At all. Buy 'em, throw some erl in 'em, race 'em.
B - 200 miles is not enough to break the cars in now.

Going with A for now because I don't want to spend 2-6 hours running around Route X to find out.

RX-07 New, right off the show room floor.
View attachment 86663

After Oil Change
View attachment 86664

Using the Test Drive option from the Garage Car Page will put miles on the car.
View attachment 86665

Car Settings Page, pre-break in run.
View attachment 86666

Post break in run
View attachment 86667

View attachment 86668

Post Break in, after oil change,
View attachment 86669

View attachment 86670
Anything else need testing out?

Going to re-tune my surround for driving position.

Last edited:
Can not gift cars as of yet.
Doe anyone know if there are birthday tickets like in GT5?
i was just going to ask that question..any sorta of tickets?
No Bday tickets yet. Also don't forget guys that a online patch is coming soon.

Hmm.. no level tickets and no gifting of cars.. Any suggestions on what we could give instead for Prize C? Or should it just be the tie-breaking vote only?

Why even have oil changes then? Frustrating...

Because there is a damage model which includes wear and tear. The process is much quicker than gt5 however. Push the button to confirm and about 2 seconds later you get the message the job is done.

Last edited:
1VFAIur.png

Race Date - Sun Dec 01 2013
Penalty Rate 100%
Banner by dabneyd

Thanks to Handlebar-Man, JLBowler, tezgm99 and wumpushunter for their reviews this week.
Don't forget to claim your $hells for completing reviews.
:cheers:

* * * * * * * * * * * * *​

These changes may affect the final standings.
Full final results can be found here.
***If you were penalized and would like further explanation regarding the incident, PM your Division Steward and they will let you know what the stewards saw and our opinions on it.***

Incident Review Sheet

S.N.A.I.L. November - December Challenge - presented by ButtKicker

>>> ButtKicker 4D Sports Challenge Point Standings <<<

Thank you Stewards for getting the Incident Reviews done. Awesome work as always 👍

The ButtKicker 4D Sports Challenge points are now up to date for the races held December 1st.

Sim racing product discounts for S.N.A.I.L. members:

Information on discounted Buttkicker products here.

GranStand is offering a 10% discount to all S.N.A.I.L.s and a 15% Discount to members of Team S.N.A.I.L.

Allen Berg Racing Schools is offering a 50% discount on their Adventure Program to S.N.A.I.L.s until Wednesday December 4th. See here for more info.

Take advantage of being a S.N.A.I.L. ;)

This pictorial confirms one of the following;
A - We no longer have to break in cars. At all. Buy 'em, throw some erl in 'em, race 'em.
B - 200 miles is not enough to break the cars in now.

Going with A for now because I don't want to spend 2-6 hours running around Route X to find out.

RX-07 New, right off the show room floor.
View attachment 86663

After Oil Change
View attachment 86664

Using the Test Drive option from the Garage Car Page will put miles on the car.
View attachment 86665

Car Settings Page, pre-break in run.
View attachment 86666

Post break in run
View attachment 86667

View attachment 86668

Post Break in, after oil change,
View attachment 86669

View attachment 86670

This is just awesome!! I know @GranStand Bill and @Nicktune will be among the many who are happy about this.

On top of that, there's no more need to post max PP or max HP... right?

This is just awesome!! I know @GranStand Bill and @Nicktune will be among the many who are happy about this.

On top of that, there's no more need to post max PP or max HP... right?

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but option B is still in play. It may take more miles to break a car in :scared:

I'm hoping that's not the case 👍

I will be glad to not have to break the cars in. Of course all my PP numbers for cap racing are wrong now:(

Cars with gearing issues

Light car company rocket - gearing limited to around 130
Alpine a110 15th A - gearing limited to 122
Ford focus ST 15 A - 4th to 5th ratio is huge. You loose all revs. And it is a 6spd.

That's not part or the paint job, that's my driver's cheeks.
You sit real low in the Lotus Europa:lol:
Watch out for rolling over in this game, it happens fast.

What have you been feeding your drivers?? That looks like cellulite from hell! :P

70% of my friends are playing gt6 and I'm just sitting here :grumpy:

Being sick all year was one thing, but now that I'm starting to feel better it sucks having no money from missing work most the year.

I'm going to try and stay out of the thread until I can get my hands on gt6 :banghead: :ouch: :mad: 🤬 :grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy:

Everybody else have fun. I'm going to crash things into things in gt5.

Because there is a damage model which includes wear and tear. The process is much quicker than gt5 however. Push the button to confirm and about seconds later you get the message the job is done.
So, if you get a car new the current thinking is that it does not need breaking in...BUT over the course of many miles the performance may degrade and it will require an oil change?

So, if you get a car new the current thinking is that it does not need breaking in...BUT over the course of many miles the performance may degrade and it will require an oil change?

Yes.

Historically, at least throughout my GT5 experience, and, some of the real world racers may be able to verify real world affects, a brand new car would receive a boost to HP/PP just from changing the oil from what was in it from the dealers. It doesn't appear that's changed much, if at all. Again, the real world tuners and racers may be able to confirm this, different grades of oil can improve performance. In most cases, with regular passenger cars, the manufacturers/dealers don't put special oil in engines before delivery to the owners. Synthetic oils are supposedly better than regular oil, refined from crude. I suspect there are higher grades of synthetics that are used by race teams for their engines. It has always been my thinking, at the suggestion of much better experienced players, that the oil installed in the game is mapped to be a high grade synthetic racing oil, hence the improvement, whenever you replace dealer/old oil with that found in the Pit Service area.

The damage model has included this functionality for some time. Performance will also degrade to the point where an oil change will not bring it back to full HP/PP and an engine rebuild is needed to restore it to full power. IIRC, in GT5 there was even a point in mileage where the engine wouldn't recover all HP/PP even after a rebuild. I expect this to remain in GT6.

StewardAnnouncments.png

While I know most, if not all of the stewards are likely tied up with other things and your spare time, if any, would rather be spent playing GT6, there is a deadline with about 2.5 hours left for the steward's attention. If you haven't already, please click here to make your comments and cast your votes.

Thank you.​

Last edited:
Not to be a Debbie Downer, but option B is still in play. It may take more miles to break a car in :scared:

I'm hoping that's not the case 👍

I hope that's not the case too. It would be a horrific combination with the lack of B-spec.

In fact, if it is the case, I think we'd just have to limit the PP or HP in the room since there's no way anyone's going to drive 1000+ miles just to break-in three cars.

Does anyone know if the rooms can have the PP or HP limited in finer increments than in GT5? I recall that in GT5, you could only set HP limits in increments of 8 or 9.

If break-ins are still the case, we should just limit the car's PP/HP at dealership level when it comes to online racing.

I would be surprised if they made getting a car's full power that much more inconvenient; it was one thing to just head over to B-Spec & get it done but now that that isn't available are we really expected to use each car for 250+ miles to see if there's a difference? Doubtful.

Last edited:
Dragon, thanks for all the typing :) No need for all that...I was just interested in how the game treats mileage now. I am aware of the operation of real engines. I just wanted to know how GT6 differs from GT5 is this regard.

One thing that I'm missing is the in-race parameters adjustment. I didn't mess around too much with brake bias in GT5 but I frequently forgot to turn off TCS in driving options before a race. In GT5 all you'd need to was bring up the adjustments screen while on track and disable it there, but now you have to quit the race to get back to the driving options menu. :(

On a side note, I really like the SLS GT3 car!

Last edited:
I hope that's not the case too. It would be a horrific combination with the lack of B-spec.

In fact, if it is the case, I think we'd just have to limit the PP or HP in the room since there's no way anyone's going to drive 1000+ miles just to break-in three cars.

Does anyone know if the rooms can have the PP or HP limited in finer increments than in GT5? I recall that in GT5, you could only set HP limits in increments of 8 or 9.

I'm pretty sure the PP and HP were in increments of 1 when we were testing last night.

70% of my friends are playing gt6 and I'm just sitting here :grumpy:

Being sick all year was one thing, but now that I'm starting to feel better it sucks having no money from missing work most the year.

I'm going to try and stay out of the thread until I can get my hands on gt6 :banghead: :ouch: :mad: 🤬 :grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy:

Everybody else have fun. I'm going to crash things into things in gt5.

PM me your address and I can send you my extra copy. It's not going to come with the codes because I used it but at least you'll have the game:)

Okay guys, Open Lobby fun in about an hour. Race what you bring but I ask that everyone try to keep it stock and low powered (50,000 credit limit) but if everyone wants to run a few spec races make suggestions for cars now. Thanks guys!

EDIT: Might be a little late, gotta go eat.

Last edited:
Okay guys, Open Lobby fun in about an hour. Race what you bring but I ask that everyone try to keep it stock and low powered (50,000 credit limit) but if everyone wants to run a few spec races make suggestions for cars now. Thanks guys!

EDIT: Might be a little late, gotta go eat.

86 "Racing" '13
S2000 '06
86 GT 15th Anniv. '12

If break-ins are still the case, we should just limit the car's PP/HP at dealership level when it comes to online racing.

I would be surprised if they made getting a car's full power that much more inconvenient; it was one thing to just head over to B-Spec & get it done but now that that isn't available are we really expected to use each car for 250+ miles to see if there's a difference? Doubtful.
My sentiments exactly.
I'm pretty sure the PP and HP were in increments of 1 when we were testing last night.
That's good to know. That will make it easier to level the playing field should it turn out that Kaz lost his mind and expects everyone to manually drive cars 250 miles or more just to break them in.

Back