Open ◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Presented by ButtKicker: Feel What You've Been Missing

Discussion in 'SNAIL Racing League' started by zer05ive, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

Anything else need testing out?

Going to re-tune my surround for driving position.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
  2. Chiochan

Chiochan

That's not part or the paint job, that's my driver's cheeks.
    You sit real low in the Lotus Europa:lol:
    Watch out for rolling over in this game, it happens fast.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Jared93, Schmiggz, kcheeb and 2 others like this.
  3. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

Hmm.. no level tickets and no gifting of cars.. Any suggestions on what we could give instead for Prize C? Or should it just be the tie-breaking vote only?

4. Chiochan

Chiochan

shells?

kcheeb likes this.
  5. IceWarden

IceWarden

Why even have oil changes then? Frustrating...

6. pyxen

pyxen

It puts the "real" in "The Real Driving Simulator" ... ?

7. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

Because there is a damage model which includes wear and tear. The process is much quicker than gt5 however. Push the button to confirm and about 2 seconds later you get the message the job is done.

8. kcheeb

kcheeb Premium

S.N.A.I.L. November - December Challenge - presented by ButtKicker
    [​IMG]
    >>> ButtKicker 4D Sports Challenge Point Standings <<<

Thank you Stewards for getting the Incident Reviews done. Awesome work as always :tup:

The ButtKicker 4D Sports Challenge points are now up to date for the races held December 1st.

Sim racing product discounts for S.N.A.I.L. members:

Information on discounted Buttkicker products here.

GranStand is offering a 10% discount to all S.N.A.I.L.s and a 15% Discount to members of Team S.N.A.I.L.

Allen Berg Racing Schools is offering a 50% discount on their Adventure Program to S.N.A.I.L.s until Wednesday December 4th. See here for more info.

Take advantage of being a S.N.A.I.L. ;)

9. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

This is just awesome!! I know @GranStand Bill and @Nicktune will be among the many who are happy about this.

On top of that, there's no more need to post max PP or max HP... right?

10. kcheeb

kcheeb Premium

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but option B is still in play. It may take more miles to break a car in :scared:

I'm hoping that's not the case :tup:

11. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

But what if that makes Prize C more "valuable" than Prize A and B? :lol:

12. Chiochan

Chiochan

I got it, prize C is a week of steward duty! (you get shells for that).

zer05ive likes this.
  13. jobyone

jobyone Premium

I will be glad to not have to break the cars in. Of course all my PP numbers for cap racing are wrong now:(

Cars with gearing issues

Light car company rocket - gearing limited to around 130
    Alpine a110 15th A - gearing limited to 122
    Ford focus ST 15 A - 4th to 5th ratio is huge. You loose all revs. And it is a 6spd.

14. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

What have you been feeding your drivers?? That looks like cellulite from hell! :p

15. DJones

DJones

70% of my friends are playing gt6 and I'm just sitting here :grumpy:

Being sick all year was one thing, but now that I'm starting to feel better it sucks having no money from missing work most the year.

I'm going to try and stay out of the thread until I can get my hands on gt6 :banghead: :ouch: :mad: :censored: :grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy:

Everybody else have fun. I'm going to crash things into things in gt5.

16. IceWarden

IceWarden

So, if you get a car new the current thinking is that it does not need breaking in...BUT over the course of many miles the performance may degrade and it will require an oil change?

17. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

Yes.

Historically, at least throughout my GT5 experience, and, some of the real world racers may be able to verify real world affects, a brand new car would receive a boost to HP/PP just from changing the oil from what was in it from the dealers. It doesn't appear that's changed much, if at all. Again, the real world tuners and racers may be able to confirm this, different grades of oil can improve performance. In most cases, with regular passenger cars, the manufacturers/dealers don't put special oil in engines before delivery to the owners. Synthetic oils are supposedly better than regular oil, refined from crude. I suspect there are higher grades of synthetics that are used by race teams for their engines. It has always been my thinking, at the suggestion of much better experienced players, that the oil installed in the game is mapped to be a high grade synthetic racing oil, hence the improvement, whenever you replace dealer/old oil with that found in the Pit Service area.

The damage model has included this functionality for some time. Performance will also degrade to the point where an oil change will not bring it back to full HP/PP and an engine rebuild is needed to restore it to full power. IIRC, in GT5 there was even a point in mileage where the engine wouldn't recover all HP/PP even after a rebuild. I expect this to remain in GT6.

18. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

StewardAnnouncments.png

While I know most, if not all of the stewards are likely tied up with other things and your spare time, if any, would rather be spent playing GT6, there is a deadline with about 2.5 hours left for the steward's attention. If you haven't already, please click here to make your comments and cast your votes.

Thank you.​

19. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

I hope that's not the case too. It would be a horrific combination with the lack of B-spec.

In fact, if it is the case, I think we'd just have to limit the PP or HP in the room since there's no way anyone's going to drive 1000+ miles just to break-in three cars.

Does anyone know if the rooms can have the PP or HP limited in finer increments than in GT5? I recall that in GT5, you could only set HP limits in increments of 8 or 9.

20. Adventuruss

Adventuruss

Note:
    I will not be participating in any snail events until I beat the game. It shouldn't take me long.

21. Jared93

Jared93 (Banned)

If break-ins are still the case, we should just limit the car's PP/HP at dealership level when it comes to online racing.

I would be surprised if they made getting a car's full power that much more inconvenient; it was one thing to just head over to B-Spec & get it done but now that that isn't available are we really expected to use each car for 250+ miles to see if there's a difference? Doubtful.

22. IceWarden

IceWarden

Dragon, thanks for all the typing :) No need for all that...I was just interested in how the game treats mileage now. I am aware of the operation of real engines. I just wanted to know how GT6 differs from GT5 is this regard.

Jared93 likes this.
  23. intoflatlines

intoflatlines

One thing that I'm missing is the in-race parameters adjustment. I didn't mess around too much with brake bias in GT5 but I frequently forgot to turn off TCS in driving options before a race. In GT5 all you'd need to was bring up the adjustments screen while on track and disable it there, but now you have to quit the race to get back to the driving options menu. :(

On a side note, I really like the SLS GT3 car!

[​IMG]

24. dsgerbc

dsgerbc Premium

"Simulate everything", lol.

kcheeb likes this.
  25. fzappa

fzappa Premium

I'm pretty sure the PP and HP were in increments of 1 when we were testing last night.

PM me your address and I can send you my extra copy. It's not going to come with the codes because I used it but at least you'll have the game:)

rmb_senna, DJones, Rallywagon and 4 others like this.
  26. DriftinAssassin

DriftinAssassin

Okay guys, Open Lobby fun in about an hour. Race what you bring but I ask that everyone try to keep it stock and low powered (50,000 credit limit) but if everyone wants to run a few spec races make suggestions for cars now. Thanks guys!

EDIT: Might be a little late, gotta go eat.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
    zer05ive likes this.
  27. Jared93

Jared93 (Banned)

86 "Racing" '13
    S2000 '06
    86 GT 15th Anniv. '12

28. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

My sentiments exactly.
    That's good to know. That will make it easier to level the playing field should it turn out that Kaz lost his mind and expects everyone to manually drive cars 250 miles or more just to break them in.

29. Schmiggz

Schmiggz

what are the combos for sunday again?

30. DriftinAssassin

DriftinAssassin

I think Sunday is a testing day Schmiggz.

Come join me for some open lobby fun! ( Race what you bring! )
    Room ID: 1472-6118-3701-4252-1192