◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,684 comments
Everyone please join the room based on which division you're in. I'm hoping to have three rooms up, one for each division.

I plan on being there until I get annoyed at the people that aren't paying attention to what's going on. If it turns into a cluster f because people can't pay attention, then I will quietly leave.

What is there to not pay attention to that could possibly be that annoying?

PP with oil change

Gathers 405 (way down from GT5)
BRZ 413 (same as GT5)
RX 7 spirit R type a 473 (same as GT5)

I am not sure why the gathers changed pp. I bought another standard and the PP values between GT5 and 6 were the same.

Actually I think I figured it out. Any race car has a lower PP than GT 5. I think this means the old PP figures might have been tied to the race tires in some way. Not 100% sure this is across the board yet but will do some more checking.

Hey guys, I was looking around the forums to join a gt6 league and yours looks awesome. I used to race it a different gt5 league but it looks like they've moved to iRacing.

Are you still accepting new people? If you are I'd love to join.

Psn: Piler

Hey Piler, Skills will be along shortly and drop on you the welcome message bomb. It will detail all of the step necessary to place you in a division. May take a minute though as we are prepping for a test session. We have lots of changes going on because of the release.

Ok, now that I have put in a few more hours into the game, I am really loving the updates to the actual racing. First off, Not the same ol' AI. Don't believe me? Get on a straight with a lead, and then stop, keep the fast approaching cars dead behind you. In gt5, this was sure to get you creamed. They come to a stop now! And I have only a couple of times been chopped at inside of an apex. I think the AI does a good job of at least avoiding collisions. I think I am actually going to start racing slower cars and really see what the AI is all about.
I've also finally taken some time to do some drifting. Built up a Mazda 110b Cosmo Sport S. I had one in gt5 and I drifted it quite a lot, so I knew the car from GT5. GT6 is markedly different. Adjusting brakes in a PAIN though, but, honestly, can't adjust them on the fly in most cars anyway. The car though, feels like it has more grip. But I can also feel them much better in the wheel now. And the tire sound I think plays a big role in that as well. Helping to really bring the tire alive in your hand. The tire sound is so awesome, but not! It really helps, so I am not a hater, it works so well at depicting the tires traction it helps a lot to have that audio cue. But man, that sound, especially when you are drifting, it is really screechy. Its bad. When you are racing higher grip tires though, and not trying to make smoke, it really is quite good at what it does.
Have some good races tonight fella's. I have some meditating to do on GT6 and the path I'm going to go with this game. But to be sure I am looking forward to some snail fun!

I would like to join this league!

PSN = TRC_LoCoArM3n

Thanks for your interest!

We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information.

3. @kcheeb PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. kcheeb will add you to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_1, 2, 3, 4 or 5' based off your placement from kcheeb. That lobby will be where you race Sunday

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Hey guys, I was looking around the forums to join a gt6 league and yours looks awesome. I used to race it a different gt5 league but it looks like they've moved to iRacing.

Are you still accepting new people? If you are I'd love to join.

Psn: Piler
Thanks for your interest!

We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information.

3. @kcheeb PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. kcheeb will add you to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_1, 2, 3, 4 or 5' based off your placement from kcheeb. That lobby will be where you race Sunday

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

I just completed the GT40 Mark I '66 at Goodwood and OMG the sound of that engine is pure sex! Every American V8 in the game should sound JUST LIKE THAT!

When you drive it please watch the replay. You won't be disappointed.

I just completed the GT40 Mark I '66 at Goodwood and OMG the sound of that engine is pure sex! Every American V8 in the game should sound JUST LIKE THAT!

When you drive it please watch the replay. You won't be disappointed.

Have you heard the X2011 yet? Psychotic.

Back