◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,696 comments
Congrats to Nick McMillen..

885864_237334273095212_790084098_o.jpg

GT Academy Champion!!

Last edited:
Hahaha^ nice. Wish I didn't put it down for so long, but I found my calling in life I think. Would love to have enough cash to race on the side though

A simple resolution for the name change. Is for each room host, to simply go to the member list, and copy down everyone's name/psn wouldn't be too bad I don't think. In the member list directly next to the chat button it says your name and psn upon clicking on the name.

Hahaha^ nice. Wish I didn't put it down for so long, but I found my calling in life I think. Would love to have enough cash to race on the side though
What are you doing now? If you have found your calling and are making a living doing it then I am very happy for you and a bit jealous;)

What are you doing now? If you have found your calling and are making a living doing it then I am very happy for you and a bit jealous;)
I've been tattooing for about a year now. Pretty much the reason I've put down the gaming a bit, spend a lot of my time "off" drawing for clients. Love it. It's a very stressful job, but it is rewarding on so many levels I truly couldn't be happier. Going to be getting into tattoo machine building/sand casting metal in the near future. It's been a year of craziness. If you or anyone else would like to check some of it out feel free. http://www.facebook.com/JoshuaRowlandsTattoos Not self promoting or anything, just figured some may be interested.

I've been tattooing for about a year now. Pretty much the reason I've put down the gaming a bit, spend a lot of my time "off" drawing for clients. Love it. It's a very stressful job, but it is rewarding on so many levels I truly couldn't be happier. Going to be getting into tattoo machine building/sand casting metal in the near future. It's been a year of craziness. If you or anyone else would like to check some of it out feel free. http://www.facebook.com/JoshuaRowlandsTattoos Not self promoting or anything, just figured some may be interested.

So we know who to call for some snail ink. Nice work Joshua.

A simple resolution for the name change. Is for each room host, to simply go to the member list, and copy down everyone's name/psn wouldn't be too bad I don't think. In the member list directly next to the chat button it says your name and psn upon clicking on the name.

On Sunday, I keep score, manage the room, and save replays. I don't think asking drivers to change their name to something easily recognizable is asking too much.

On Sunday, I keep score, manage the room, and save replays. I don't think asking drivers to change their name to something easily recognizable is asking too much.
Agreed and thanks for doing all that! Speaking of which, were you able to update the D1 results on the directors doc yet?

I do. We want to allow the easiest access to anyone who wants to race here right? Now what if someone has already gone through and changed their name a few times and no longer can change it, or unwilling, unable to change it because now they have to pay. We always maintained previously that not being able to pay for someting wouldn't disclude you from the league, maybe just a race or two at worse. No offense, but forcing someone to your will, will not bring in new recruits. This isn't the Army or Navy. If someone came up with a great name (like I did) and wanted to keep it (I already have to much vested in with you guys to actually do that) then why the hell would I join a league thats going to make me change it? THanks, but I'll go to the more accomdating competition.

I do. We want to allow the easiest access to anyone who wants to race here right? Now what if someone has already gone through and changed their name a few times and no longer can change it, or unwilling, unable to change it because now they have to pay. We always maintained previously that not being able to pay for someting wouldn't disclude you from the league, maybe just a race or two at worse. No offense, but forcing someone to your will, will not bring in new recruits. This isn't the Army or Navy. If someone came up with a great name (like I did) and wanted to keep it (I already have to much vested in with you guys to actually do that) then why the hell would I join a league thats going to make me change it? THanks, but I'll go to the more accomdating competition.
Read the last paragraph here. I feel that your concern already has a reasonable solution.

Read the last paragraph here. I feel that your concern already has a reasonable solution.
Yeah, I read it, at least as much as Dabs did. I just wanted to point out, in response to his post, that forcing new people coming into the league to change their name, probably won't bring a lot of new people into the league. That said, I think somewhere, we do need to keep track of all three ID's.

Yeah, I read it, at least as much as Dabs did. I just wanted to point out, in response to his post, that forcing new people coming into the league to change their name, probably won't bring a lot of new people into the league. That said, I think somewhere, we do need to keep track of all three ID's.

I never said that. I don't care what name new people race under. I'm talking about people who have been racing with us for a while. When I'm trying to quickly write down scores and I have to try to figure out who D. Head and A. Hole are by switching back and forth between the results list and the lobby member list, there will be mistakes. I'm just saying let Cheeb know what name you're going to be racing under so he, or someone, can update the scorekeeping spreadsheet. I'm unwilling to track down your name on top of the other responsibilities I have.

I never said that. I don't care what name new people race under. I'm talking about people who have been racing with us for a while. When I'm trying to quickly write down scores and I have to try to figure out who D. Head and A. Hole are by switching back and forth between the results list and the lobby member list, there will be mistakes. I'm just saying let Cheeb know what name you're going to be racing under so he, or someone, can update the scorekeeping spreadsheet. I'm unwilling to track down your name on top of the other responsibilities I have.
Well, to be fair, you didn't say that, you just said drivers.
Now I will say this, are we to pull a double standard then? (Yes zer0, I'm tracking your meaning, no worries) Are we to say "Hey you new guys, make whatever name you want, but all you veteren SNAILs, you guys cannot."
Screw all of that, Drop the PSN ID, and lets roll with just the GT6 ID, we don't track anything anyone does outside of GT6 anyway. Anything that already has a PSN ID we can put under a "legacy" title, and going forward we can run GT6 ID's. This way, cheebs work load won't be crazu with him crying in the corner. Just some field titles that will need updating. And we can create a cheat sheet so people can figure out whos who when looking at things in the legacy system. Nothing in the past will need revising.
In the end I hope, but doubt, that Joe is right. BUt I don't think any of the new online options will really do much to fix this specific issue. Knowing PD, it will probably make things harder.

Last edited:
Well, to be fair, you didn't say that, you just said drivers.

Let me be clear then; I would like the name on the spreadsheet to match the name in the results. I don't think that's asking too much.

Since what i have seen from the new tutorial in GT6 of entering a name in the beginning, Will probably put on R. or Racing for my first name and Champ30 as my second. Just to let anyone know who monitors the names on the spreadsheet or scores on the spreadsheet. Just 1 week away till i start playing GT6 :gtpflag:

And then...when a really cool online update hits...this will all be moot ;)

And there was much rejoicing...

Talking about online updates.. I am :mad: that I cannot complete the Gold event that requires a low 450PP 15th Anniversary car.

I only have 5 way over the PP limit.. they cannot be share in any way right?

Talking about online updates.. I am :mad: that I cannot complete the Gold event that requires a low 450PP 15th Anniversary car.

I only have 5 way over the PP limit.. they cannot be share in any way right?

You can use the engine limiter.

Hey Gumball, are you allowed to have a little decal of a snail on your racing helmet or do Nissan have complete say about it? Because, that would be funky if you could :)

Back