◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,685 comments
GT Academy's finale last night proved to be one for the ages. You can't do any better than a 1-2-3 finish, and that's exactly what @GumballCGT, @hillracing, and @brianm3 pulled off when they filled the podium with SNAILs!! Thank you guys for being such a great source of pride for the league and representing us so well! Congratulations again to all of you!! :cheers:

nick-mcmillen-podium-ceremony-win-638x425.jpg

This season has been an epic journey. I can't wait to see what the next GT Academy will bring, and which SNAILs will rise to the occasion!

iEdDnsw.jpg

From left to right:
Martin Sprau, Dan Reude, Brian Marsteller, Joey Barbato, Nick McMillen, Doug Hawkins, Christopher Hill

Last edited:
D1 race one and two coming right up.

Nevermind. Attempting to load either of those replays causes my PS3 to lock up.

Last edited:
Dab, I'll have to DL replays as I didn't save any. Honestly not sure where that option is on GT6. D'oh

As for the name thing. I'm soooo glad I used OwensRacing as my PSN. So now when I use Jeff Owens aka "J. Owens" it's easily identifiable. Yea me!

Now for myself. I've already caught on to those using their real names that do not remotely resemble their PSN. Like Burrell is QwietStorm.

Personally I know their will be a learning curve. However I feel that we will be able to learn who's who in short order.

Maybe we can add out new name and PSN in our signatures. To help all learn

EXP:
OwensRacing / J. Owens
QwietStorm / J. Burrell
Racefan78 / J. Ross

Edit: that lined up nicely and my OCD is pleased. LMAO

Dab, I'll have to DL replays as I didn't save any. Honestly not sure where that option is on GT6. D'oh

Well, I'm not sure what to do in this case. I doubt anyone who saved the replays will be able to open them, and I doubt racefan78 will remember where he finished in the first two races.

As for the name thing. I'm soooo glad I used OwensRacing as my PSN. So now when I use Jeff Owens aka "J. Owens" it's easily identifiable. Yea me!

Now for myself. I've already caught on to those using their real names that do not remotely resemble their PSN. Like Burrell is QwietStorm.

Personally I know their will be a learning curve. However I feel that we will be able to learn who's who in short order.

EXP:
OwensRacing / J. Owens
QwietStorm / J. Burrell
Racefan78 / J. Ross

I may join the trend but WhiteRacing seens kinda racist, doesn't it? The fact I'm from southern Kentucky probably wouldn't help matters either lol but I could keep my B. White name.....

(D-1. Race 1-1) pole martin20az
1- martin20az
2- j.Owens
3- dgaf
4- nic-kl
5- dabney
6- d.kronin
7- carneiro
8- j. Ross
9- m.Mopar
10- j. Burrell
11- xrad
12- serge1919
13- j. Bowler

(Race 1-2)

1- J- burrell
2- j. Bowler
3- serge1919
4- xrad
5- m.Mopar
6- j.Lund
7- j.Ross
8- Dr. Green
9- martin20az
10- dgaf
11- dabneyd
12- d.kronin
13- g.carneiro
14- nic-kl

I got my replays to load

Last edited:
I may join the trend but WhiteRacing seens kinda racist, doesn't it? The fact I'm from southern Kentucky probably wouldn't help matters either lol but I could keep my B. White name.....

What about B. White_AAWins? Wouldn't that be easily recognizable by a scorekeeper?

What about B. White_AAWins? Wouldn't that be easily recognizable by a scorekeeper?
Well, I was planning on changing my PSN ID anyway, my playstation died and I lost all my save data files anyway. Figure'd I'd start a new PSN ID since all I do is race anyway.. with the occasional COD, Borderlands or some random game for a few minutes..

You did, right here, "One suggestion is to ask all existing members to chance their last names to their PSN ID and ask the same of new members as well. If a new member refuses to do so (or simply would rather not), then we could just use his GT6 name in all the data fields where we use PSN ID's for existing members."

This essentially says that old members have to use their PSN ID's and new members get a choice. Now, before you go into the whole "Old drivers and their data" ya ya's, and then I go into the whole "but... legacy that old crap and lets move forward fresh and let everyone pick whatever they like for a name" ya ya's, I'll drop it. I just dont like, or agree with the fact that we have this neat new toy to use, yet we are limiting it. But, my hide is thick, and this group is great, so its not a make or break for me. Can't speak for others though. Just not liking it, espeically with solutions to the problem available.
Rally, thank you for dropping it. This "neat new toy" to you is a big PITA to kcheeb and I. My hope is that everyone be respectful of the time we put into this league, and understand that there are only so many hours in a day. Could kcheeb find a way to show our GT6 names? Yes, he could. But it would be much easier for everyone to take 30 seconds to change their name than for kcheeb to do this. I think that we can all agree on. And even if you feel like you know an easier way to do it, ask yourself if it will take 30 seconds or less.

EXP:
OwensRacing / J. Owens
QwietStorm / J. Burrell
Racefan78 / J. Ross

I agree that we could all eventually learn a few new names after a learning curve. Unfortunately, the mistakes caused the learning curve are far more costly than the 30 seconds it take for someone to update their name to resemble their PSN ID in some way. Furthermore, these learning curves are going to repeat themselves every month when promotion and relegation happens and drivers are assigned to new divisions. Most importantly though, this only works if everyone complies. If some aren't willing to update their names, others will feel like "that's not fair" and won't want to change their names either. As said earlier, either everyone complies, or there's no point having the rule.

Last edited:
So... The goal is the Director Spreadsheet, and the name displayed in the race results on my TV that I may copy from should be similar?

I saw many posts back and forth - was there a way for someone to submit Steward issues?

If S.Dude is not clearly a PSN name, how does GTP_NewRacer_McFly file an issue?

Sorry if I missed it, getting loopy.

GT Academy's finale last night proved to be one for the ages. You can't do any better than a 1-2-3 finish, and that's exactly what @GumballCGT, @hillracing, and @brianm3 pulled off when they filled the podium with SNAILs!! Thank you guys for being such a great source of pride for the league and representing us so well! Congratulations again to all of you!! :cheers:

nick-mcmillen-podium-ceremony-win-638x425.jpg

Congrats guys!! Well deserved...now I need to watch this season :P

Are they all up on the spike tv website?

Going to change my name ASAP.
Thanks! Much appreciated! :)

So... The goal is the Director Spreadsheet, and the name displayed in the race results on my TV that I may copy from should be similar?
Yes. The term we've been using has been the "one second rule". Simply put, if a scorekeeper can't figure out which driver you are on the Directors/Scorekeepers Doc within one second of reading your GT6 name, then you need to update your GT6 name.

I saw many posts back and forth - was there a way for someone to submit Steward issues?

If S.Dude is not clearly a PSN name, how does GTP_NewRacer_McFly file an issue?
Good point. We'll probably need a simple cross-reference for the sake of filing IR's. Nothing that requires modifying our data course, just a simple list posted on the IR instructions (or at least linked in it).

Whens the first SNAIL race of GT6 -- was it the 15th?

I need to get up to speed in GT6 - still haven't finished my license work yet, or getting the cars I want...Prolly tonight tho!

Tried to make a new PSN for WhiteRacing but it's taken. My OCD won't let me put a number at the end. :( guess I'll stick with GTP_Wins.. unless..

Edit: Aha! Got White_Racing! Once I get my new ps3, ill make it official. I hope I'm not stepping on any toes with Owens or Hill as being a copycat.. if I am I apologize.

Last edited:
Whens the first SNAIL race of GT6 -- was it the 15th?

I need to get up to speed in GT6 - still haven't finished my license work yet, or getting the cars I want...Prolly tonight tho!

Yup, you just missed it! I'm about to post the results (although they're a bit skewed due to several issues that we encountered along the way).

Back