◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,788 comments
Not a fan of Mount Panorama in any car, yet.

Control of the Amuse eludes me at the moment, I could use a hand figuring it out Friday or Saturday.

8 laps, 2 clean, 2:42 is best, and I feel like I am driving on ice on half the corners.

Ugh, I just hope drivers practice diligence and responsibility to not crash into drivers ahead of them - I am looking at you, reverse grid - or force passes at choke points. I am hoping to do that.. And crash less.

Not a fan of Mount Panorama in any car, yet.

Control of the Amuse eludes me at the moment, I could use a hand figuring it out Friday or Saturday.

8 laps, 2 clean, 2:42 is best, and I feel like I am driving on ice on half the corners.

Ugh, I just hope drivers practice diligence and responsibility to not crash into drivers ahead of them - I am looking at you, reverse grid - or force passes at choke points. I am hoping to do that.. And crash less.

I would feel about the same Handle. The Amuse is just a little too slide-y even for me. I can see some people spinning and sliding into each other which is why I will take that race nice and easy.

I'm glad to find a GT6 racing league! I was part of a small league/club for GT5, but most of those people don't have 6 yet. It was also considered acceptable-but-frowned-upon to drive a bit dirty, so I'm also glad to find a league with more commitment to realistic driving. I read the rules, did the trial, and submitted the survey. Hope there's nothing I forgot and to race with you all soon.

I'm glad to find a GT6 racing league! I was part of a small league/club for GT5, but most of those people don't have 6 yet. It was also considered acceptable-but-frowned-upon to drive a bit dirty, so I'm also glad to find a league with more commitment to realistic driving. I read the rules, did the trial, and submitted the survey. Hope there's nothing I forgot and to race with you all soon.
@Orobouros,
Thanks for your interest!

We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information.

3. @kcheeb PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. kcheeb will add you to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_1, 2, 3, 4 or 5' based off your placement from kcheeb. That lobby will be where you race Sunday

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

is there practice tonight? im in for a few laps
I plan on joining Thursday practice tonight. There's no Divisions, right, all in the same room?
Yup. Used to be a Red and Blue room. One for aliens and one for the fast guys. Don't know if it'll be the same for GT6 at the moment. :) I don't know if I can make practice but if I can I'll totally be there.
@Wolfsatz has reclaimed Practice Coordinator role, so he's the one running the show tonight. Seems like we'll need two rooms or sure though.

Here, appears someone, that knows how to get ducks in a row. Welcome aboard!

Everything's bigger faster in Texas! We also have this.. Texas Autobahn, baby! (which not so coincidentally begins near Circuit of the Americas :))

WOAH 85 MPH?!?!?! Watch some guys in Corvettes and Ferraris try to race each other and then make lawmakers regret their decisions. Prolly won't happen but I might need to take a trip down to Texas when I get a car. ;)

I have reviewed all 1 incident reports for 15DEC2013.

The replay JLBowler uploaded appears to work without making a frog's behind out of your PS3. Any other stewards able, please take a moment and have a look. Thanks for the replay JL.

Thanks!

FYI - I review replays from another PSN account and hadn't played GT6 there at all. When I went to the gallery to import the replay from XMB I could not find a way to get to the load replay data option. So, I had a Fit, saved that replay, went back to gallery and was able to get to the gallery options to import the one from JLBowler. Really PD?

Yea considering tonight is my last practice night before Sunday, and I'm currently running a 4 to 157 clean to dirty lap ratio, I'm definitely going to sit out Sunday. Don't want to ruin someone's race.

@Wolfsatz has reclaimed Practice Coordinator role, so he's the one running the show tonight. Seems like we'll need two rooms or sure though.

Greetings all...I am running a bit behind and have not prepared my usual template.... however, Can I get 2 volunteers to host Blue and Red rooms?

I want to race too, but given my current form in the Amuse, I would be more than embarassed to put myself on the track with people. Even when I'm clean I am 10-15 seconds off the pace.

WOAH 85 MPH?!?!?! Watch some guys in Corvettes and Ferraris try to race each other and then make lawmakers regret their decisions. Prolly won't happen but I might need to take a trip down to Texas when I get a car. ;)
Erm, every freeway is a autobahn... until there's a cop.
http://www.google.com/imgres?client...1&tbnh=55&tbnw=62&start=0&ndsp=42&tx=27&ty=34

I want to race too, but given my current form in the Amuse, I would be more than embarassed to put myself on the track with people. Even when I'm clean I am 10-15 seconds off the pace.

All the more reason to go to practice. A lot of the guys will be happy to give you advice. Plus, the Amuse 2000 is only one-third of Sunday and getting practice on the other races is also important. :) Still don't know if I can get to practice tonight but I hope I can!

Don't jump all at once.... can anyone host tonight's practice? If not..I can host by 10 EST.

I'll post room number in 5

Last edited:

One of the best ways to get better, if not the only way, is seat time. Get in there, run your race as best you can, save the replay, watch the folks who are doing it better. I spend more time watching replays of the guys that beat me than I do actually driving/practicing combos.

I need to make a public apology to DrGreenthumb. After downloading nmcp's replays and watching Round 2 Race 1, I see that I squeezed him off the road not once but twice. In my defense, and here's some pics to show it, he showed up on my screen for the entire race, parked at the start/finish line. I thought I was in second for the last couple laps until the results screen came up at the end. I'm not sure what could have been done for this glitched out event. Took these with my phone so the names could be seen.

20131217_001630[1].jpg

At the start

20131217_001746[1].jpg
Leaving the front straight. That car back at the line? Drgreenthumb.

20131217_002412[1].jpg
Lap 3 or 4 on my screen. DrGreenthumb, still chillin'.

20131217_003014[1].jpg
Here is the lap 5 live timing sheet from my replay. It clearly shows DrGreen in 12th 43 seconds back. On nmcp's replay he was, in fact, working to pass me and in T1 was the second time I cut him off. He passed me later that lap on the high speed section in the backside and thank goodness he got away. I saw none of this while racing and in my replay.

I do not bring this up to discuss an incident report that didn't get filed. I'm bringing it up, first of all to apologize to DrGreenthumb for nearly ruining his race, not once but twice, and to illustrate to him that I would not ever knowingly do this sort of thing, but most of all to stress the importance of saving your replays. If this PS3 lock up business continues and we get random lock ups when reviewing, and the during race glitchiness continues, it will be more important than ever for each and every one of us to be able to get replays that refute or prove a particular event went they way the affected parties describe. Those replays will need to be made available to the stewards so we can make informed and fair decisions. I can tell you this regarding the above. Should DrGreenthumb had decided to file a report against me and nmcp's replay was the only one available, your's truly would be eating some penalty points. The stewards would have found me guilty of at least one infraction. Without my replay there would be absolutely nothing I could do about it, except to accept it and move on.

This will be an utter nightmare for all of us. Right now the only way we can combat these catastrophic differences in replays is for everyone to save theirs and be ready to provide them when necessary.

Once again, now more than ever,

SAVE YOUR REPLAYS.

Back