◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,772 comments
PSN id: baja_j
Central region.

hello and ho ho ho :->. Ive taken the test and look forward to qualifying the following race on Dec. 29.
@baja_j,
Why wait?
Thanks for your interest!

We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information.

3. @kcheeb PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. kcheeb will add you to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_1, 2, 3, 4 or 5' based off your placement from kcheeb. That lobby will be where you race Sunday

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

I told Zer0 and kcheeb already, but unlike this situation... we didn't get ice in Wisconsin, we got tons of snow... and I happen to be a ski resort employee. Instead of racing with you guys, there is a good chance I'll end up on a 7 hour shift out grooming terrain today. Obviously everyone wants to make their first race, however our torrential snowstorm didn't have that in mind for me. I'll try my best to make it happens, but real life might be calling me for the first time in a while.

Thanks for the heads up! Hopefully you can make it, but we understand if you can't. If you're grooming with a snow cat or something similar, just remember "slow in, fast out". You'll shave that 7 hour shift down to 5 hours and have time to race with us tonight! :sly:

Thanks for the heads up! Hopefully you can make it, but we understand if you can't. If you're grooming with a snow cat or something similar, just remember "slow in, fast out". You'll shave that shift from seven hours down to five for sure. :sly:

I have a feeling most of the Finalists probably have that skill down...

I think I found it was between 20-30 minutes total from first FIT race to finishing the last A License?

Not much more than that, including the races to open the A License. Races are usually 3-5 minutes, tops.

Much longer than 30 minutes.

It takes seven races at least to get into the A test after you get your B. At 3 minutes each, that is 21 minutes.

I would also like to remind everyone about proper SNAIL etiquette regarding racing incidents. Do NOT bring up possible incidents in your respective race lobbies. Do NOT bring up incidents here in the main thread. If you wish to discuss a particular event with another driver, do so using the PM system. If you wish to file a formal Incident Report, do so by following the instructions in this post.

^^ if I may add to that by DW, can the people who upload the replays make sure that everyone who raced is actually on the track before you upload them? Having invisible cars doesn't make reviewing incidents easier.

As well of you are not seeing everyone on track. Please speak up. This way they can make time to allow you and any others not seeing racers to reset in hopes to rectify the problem.

If the problem continues. The racer should have respect for others and not race. As a ghosting racer is quite a problem for those that see everyone.

Since I'm in D3 now- any idea if we're doing a friends-only room or if we're operating in the open lobbies? I know you guys are working on the hosts- just let them know to add in whether or not we'll be in a private room. :)

Kcheeb, i seen i been assigned to Division 4 but i won't be able to race tonight since i'm not able to start playing GT6 until Wednesday. Good luck to all tonight.

Thanks for the info guys. I submitted my time trial results and am looking forward to racing with you all tonight.

I just noticed that my home screen on GT6 has a jazz version of Jingle Bells playing in the background.

Just been hanging out with friends, family, and the girlfriend. And going to the gym haha. Not much else to do. Lots of free time being home.
Enjoy it while you got it right? Glad to see you joining the ranks man. Wish I was d1 fast. Though in truth, the internet is out anywho.

I'm really liking the Christmas tunes on GT6:)👍
And I'm really liking your Christmas generosity!! Thanks for donating the PSN gift cards prizes tonight! :cheers:

A quick note about the prizes to everyone.. We are tentatively planning to award a $10 PSN gift card to each of the five divisions winners tonight. In order to limit the chance of awarding the prize to a new member who may have been assigned to the wrong division, only those who have raced with us for at least one full league night in November will be eligible for the prizes.

Please note that we reserve the right to change the terms and conditions of this prize for any reason and at any time. The most likely cause that we foresee needing to do this is if we feel that any of us lose sight of what S.N.A.I.L. is all about and makes winning the PSN cards more important than driving clean. We don't ever tolerate over-aggressive driving and we'll be keeping a very close eye on things tonight. :odd:

If anyone feels like a fellow driver is guilty of poor racecraft or over-aggressive driving tonight, please, please, PLEASE, be sure to file a Racing Incident Report against them. I want to make sure that the PSN gift cards only go to truly deserving and CLEAN drivers. Remember guys, these prizes are about celebrating Christmas and two years of S.N.A.I.L. Please don't be that guy who ruins this for everyone else. :)

Last edited:
About what time are the room #'s usually posted. And I'm confused about Division assignment. PM said four. You sheet has me in 5. Thanks for the clarification!

*Attention D5 Members*

Tonight we'll be running in a public lobby, the details of which will be posted at approximately 9:00 PM ET. We'll be running with mics turned on as well for those who have them, as I've never noticed any connection issues with mics on vs mics off. Please make sure you are in the room and entered so that we can start promptly at 9:30 PM ET. If you are not in when qualifying starts for each round, you will not be able to enter the first race for that round(when qualifying ends, it goes right to the race).

cmbeal317

About what time are the room #'s usually posted. And I'm confused about Division assignment. PM said four. You sheet has me in 5. Thanks for the clarification!

With the new S.N.A.I.L.s we had to rejig the Division structure. You're now in Division 5. The Official Drivers List can be found here.

The room numbers will be posted a minimum of 15 minutes prior to race time. ~ 9:15 P.M. Eastern Time.

*Attention D5 Members*

Tonight we'll be running in a public lobby, the details of which will be posted at approximately 9:00 PM ET. We'll be running with mics turned on as well for those who have them, as I've never noticed any connection issues with mics on vs mics off. Please make sure you are in the room and entered so that we can start promptly at 9:30 PM ET. If you are not in when qualifying starts for each round, you will not be able to enter the first race for that round(when qualifying ends, it goes right to the race).

cmbeal317

Attention D4 Members

This is also how D4 will be set up tonight.​

Back