Open ◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Presented by ButtKicker: Feel What You've Been Missing

Discussion in 'SNAIL Racing League' started by zer05ive, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Chiochan

Chiochan

any practice rooms?

2. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

Stewards.png
    Fair warning to all SNAILs. Since we will be racing at Silverstone International again this Sunday and I have Tuesday and Wednesday off, I will be reviewing everyone's, and I mean everyone's behavior at a particular corner. I will file penalties as I see fit. Keep in mind, the steward corp is not under the same deadline to file, as stated here. While it does state there, that we will not actively look for penalties, after what I witnessed by several drivers in more than one division, I was more than a little disappointed and will be taking steps to counter that behavior.

Rallywagon, AJKVail, kcheeb and 3 others like this.
  3. Handlebar

Handlebar Premium

Perhaps we could reintroduce where the issue comes about and from more than one angle - I will take a few pics to illustrate when I get home.

intoflatlines and Dragonwhisky like this.
  4. tevesh2

tevesh2

Another practice room is up. I had to take a break. 1472-6118-3787-3246-2875

mopar440 likes this.
  5. Handlebar

Handlebar Premium

OK, here is a good and an ugly at Silverstone International.

After the kink, there is a right corner to a long straight.

Carrying a 'safe' amount of speed, our so-called hero in the flashy and stylish Chrome Orange car seeks to maximize his speed... Swings wide, but DOES keep two wheels on the tarmac and not over the line.

In the. Second set, our hero is now... Well... Assertively trying to maximize his speed by making his turning radius wider than the actual track boundaries. In simpler form, example #2 is wrong - worth 1 penalty point for each offense of shortcutting or not following track boundaries. Stay on course, please.

Can't seem to get back to the URLs on my iPad, but here are the good-then-bad examples:

http://m.imgur.com/a/jXd0s

AJKVail, chatva, zer05ive and 4 others like this.
  6. fastfox400

fastfox400

Thank you Dragon for finishing D2 Data for me. I forgot about D2 replays Last night. I'm exporting them now.

Edit: @zer05ive Thank you for the copy of GTpedia. Will be a good read over the next few days.
    Also you will need to adjust the $hells for D2 data as I only was able to do 5 of the 6 races.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2013
  7. intoflatlines

intoflatlines

Thanks for the examples. So we just make an imaginary line from where the outside line ends behind the cones to where the line continues at corner out.

8. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

For those that still don't get it after looking at the picture, I'll be even more blunt about it.

If you are running outside the lines at this point in the track, you are cheating. If you do it during qualifying when you can't be seen, you are cheating. Just because someone can't see you do it doesn't mean it's ok to do. It just means you are a cheater and you will be discovered at some point in time.

Before I get comments or messages telling me I need to be more PC, save it. I didn't name anyone so if you feel this applies to you then you need to take a good hard look in the mirror and see what a cheater looks like.

9. chatva

chatva (Banned)

Two weeks in a row Tex ran a practice room, as none were able to locate an official practice room, well both weeks were absolutly fantastic!
    Also it was Great to have Skills in the room!

Thanks Tex, your the best!

OwensRacing, Chiochan, Skills and 3 others like this.
  10. fastfox400

fastfox400

@TEX36 dont forget to collect your $hells.

Handlebar likes this.
  11. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

I hope you enjoy it! Keep in mind that you get free GTPEDIA updates any time there's new content added. :tup:

12. chatva

chatva (Banned)

Yep thats a clear vialaition!
    And who took out the last cones?, another vialaition!

13. fastfox400

fastfox400

Thats just the icing on the cake...

14. Pichon617

Pichon617

Hello I did my time trial & test can some1 let me know if I'm good to go this Sunday in D5

15. kcheeb

kcheeb Premium

You're in Division 4. The drivers list is up to date :tup:

16. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

Yup, you're good to go! :)

TEX36 likes this.
  17. fastfox400

fastfox400

Anyone on and up to practice, I will be opening a room for all the Westcoasters..

Edit: @zer05ive

Zero the correct HP of the mustang is 465. I will have laps and pictures up shortly.

18. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

Oops! I saw the "302" from the model name and put it in the wrong place. Thanks for catching that. I've updated the lineup post and also added @jobyone's banner. :tup:

19. jobyone

jobyone Premium

Have you opened the room?

Just looked at the lineup. They all look like great cars.

However 3 FR streetcars separated by barely 40 PP! Out of all the possibilities and variety we have available:(

Whining over:) Let's race!

20. fastfox400

fastfox400

Why yes I have!

Room number 1472-6118-4216-8213-8750

21. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

Looks like we have working replays and reviews happening for all but D2 Round 2 Race 2. Fox, if you have working replays from D2, please post them in the folder named D2-2013DEC22Replays. If anyone else has that race in a working replay please PM me to let me know and we'll make arrangements to get it.

Thank you.

22. fastfox400

fastfox400

All right get it here shortly. Catching up on practice..

@zer05ive Laps for combo one should stay the same @ 8 laps. Combo 3 is looking like 7 laps.

23. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

Thanks! The lineup post has been updated. :tup:

24. jobyone

jobyone Premium

Can we get a track boundary ruling for apricot hill? At the last turn can we use the part of the track marked "pit"?

25. hillracing

hillracing

I'll be honest and say I went out of bounds on the first race at Silverstone last week multiple times. I didn't intend to get an advantage by doing so as much as I turned in a little early and ran wide. I'll take any penalty that seems appropriate and will practice more in the future so I have the right line through that corner.

OwensRacing likes this.
  26. fastfox400

fastfox400

well looks like I will not be racing this weekend. Upon exporting saved replays it looks as if the PS3 dumped the actual game save.. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have no idea how mad I am.

27. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

Looks like a quite a few of us got ButtKickers for Christmas!! I'd like to offer 5 of my $hells to anyone who bought or received a ButtKicker for Christmas. All you have to do is tweet @TheButtKicker and let them know that you're a member of @SNAIL_Racing and what you got for Christmas (or thank them for the SNAIL discount etc). Thanks!

28. jobyone

jobyone Premium

1472-6118-4216-8213-8750

Gamble and I are running some laps if anyone wants to join us

29. fastfox400

fastfox400

I would love to but I have to start grinding again... ARG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

30. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

The yellow lines and pit markings are not a track boundary. The rumble strip on the left is the track boundary at that point on the track.