◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,668 comments
December 29, 2013 lineup
banners by jobyone

ROUND ONE
Nissan Fairlady Z (Z34) '08
(348HP / PP 469) (Sports Medium tires)
at Silverstone International Circuit (? laps)

photo by ???

ROUND TWO
Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02
(307HP / PP 473) (Sports Medium tires)
at Suzuka Circuit (5 laps)

photo by ???

ROUND THREE
Ford Mustang Boss 302 '13
(302HP / PP 508) (Sports Soft tires)
at Apricot Hill (? laps)

photo by ???
any practice rooms?

Stewards.png

December 29, 2013 lineup
banners by jobyone

ROUND ONE

photo by ???

ROUND TWO

photo by ???

ROUND THREE
at Apricot Hill (? laps)

photo by ???

Fair warning to all SNAILs. Since we will be racing at Silverstone International again this Sunday and I have Tuesday and Wednesday off, I will be reviewing everyone's, and I mean everyone's behavior at a particular corner. I will file penalties as I see fit. Keep in mind, the steward corp is not under the same deadline to file, as stated here. While it does state there, that we will not actively look for penalties, after what I witnessed by several drivers in more than one division, I was more than a little disappointed and will be taking steps to counter that behavior.

OK, here is a good and an ugly at Silverstone International.

After the kink, there is a right corner to a long straight.

Carrying a 'safe' amount of speed, our so-called hero in the flashy and stylish Chrome Orange car seeks to maximize his speed... Swings wide, but DOES keep two wheels on the tarmac and not over the line.

In the. Second set, our hero is now... Well... Assertively trying to maximize his speed by making his turning radius wider than the actual track boundaries. In simpler form, example #2 is wrong - worth 1 penalty point for each offense of shortcutting or not following track boundaries. Stay on course, please.

Can't seem to get back to the URLs on my iPad, but here are the good-then-bad examples:

http://m.imgur.com/a/jXd0s

It was mentioned and I've tried it a couple times with replays I've saved and the result was always a lockup.

If anyone has had a replay lock their PS3 up, please go to this thread and make it known.

While I only did the one race, D2 data is now completed. @zer05ive & @kcheeb , please adjust my $hell balance appropriately.

Thank you Dragon for finishing D2 Data for me. I forgot about D2 replays Last night. I'm exporting them now.

Edit: @zer05ive Thank you for the copy of GTpedia. Will be a good read over the next few days.
Also you will need to adjust the $hells for D2 data as I only was able to do 5 of the 6 races.

Last edited:

Carrying a 'safe' amount of speed, our so-called hero in the flashy and stylish Chrome Orange car seeks to maximize his speed... Swings wide, but DOES keep two wheels on the tarmac and not over the line.

In the. Second set, our hero is now... Well... Assertively trying to maximize his speed by making his turning radius wider than the actual track boundaries. In simpler form, example #2 is wrong - worth 1 penalty point for each offense of shortcutting or not following track boundaries. Stay on course, please.

Can't seem to get back to the URLs on my iPad, but here are the good-then-bad examples:

Thanks for the examples. So we just make an imaginary line from where the outside line ends behind the cones to where the line continues at corner out.

For those that still don't get it after looking at the picture, I'll be even more blunt about it.

If you are running outside the lines at this point in the track, you are cheating. If you do it during qualifying when you can't be seen, you are cheating. Just because someone can't see you do it doesn't mean it's ok to do. It just means you are a cheater and you will be discovered at some point in time.

Before I get comments or messages telling me I need to be more PC, save it. I didn't name anyone so if you feel this applies to you then you need to take a good hard look in the mirror and see what a cheater looks like.

Yep thats a clear vialaition!
And who took out the last cones?, another vialaition!

Anyone on and up to practice, I will be opening a room for all the Westcoasters..

Edit: @zer05ive

December 29, 2013 lineup
banners by jobyone

ROUND ONE

photo by ???

ROUND TWO

photo by ???

ROUND THREE
at Apricot Hill (? laps)

photo by ???

Zero the correct HP of the mustang is 465. I will have laps and pictures up shortly.

Anyone on and up to practice, I will be opening a room for all the Westcoasters..

Edit: @zer05ive

Zero the correct HP of the mustang is 465. I will have laps and pictures up shortly.
Have you opened the room?

Just looked at the lineup. They all look like great cars.

However 3 FR streetcars separated by barely 40 PP! Out of all the possibilities and variety we have available:(

Whining over:) Let's race!

Last edited:
Looks like we have working replays and reviews happening for all but D2 Round 2 Race 2. Fox, if you have working replays from D2, please post them in the folder named D2-2013DEC22Replays. If anyone else has that race in a working replay please PM me to let me know and we'll make arrangements to get it.

Thank you.

Can we get a track boundary ruling for apricot hill? At the last turn can we use the part of the track marked "pit"?

I'll be honest and say I went out of bounds on the first race at Silverstone last week multiple times. I didn't intend to get an advantage by doing so as much as I turned in a little early and ran wide. I'll take any penalty that seems appropriate and will practice more in the future so I have the right line through that corner.

well looks like I will not be racing this weekend. Upon exporting saved replays it looks as if the PS3 dumped the actual game save.. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have no idea how mad I am.

View attachment 92467
In the house of Dragon!

So far as I know, "Santa" used our SNAIL discount to get it here.

Now, I just have to figure out how to get it hooked up to my receiver and mounted to my chair so as not to impede the height adjustment.

So I get a buttkicker and a new headset for Christmas from the wife. I spend a day rebuilding my rig to accommodate the buttkicker and invert my pedals and move some other stuff around. I get it all put together to try out last night and my G27 is picking random times to try and calibrate itself. I call Logitech today to try and troubleshoot the problem further and after about 5 minutes on the phone with a tech and a minute on hold, he comes back and says he has sent me an email and needs a receipt so he can send out a replacement unit. Once again, great customer service from Logitech.

In light of this, I will probably not be on the grid for anything until a replacement gets here. I don't see myself pulling out the DFGT and setting it back up and I'm not going back to a controller.

Wanted to wish a belated Merry Christmas to the SNAILs. I had a good Christmas with the family and ended up getting a Buttkicker as one of my gifts. I guess it hasn't arrived in the mail yet but I'm looking forward to it arriving and hooking it up. Today's my birthday so we'll see if I get anything else cool.
Looks like a quite a few of us got ButtKickers for Christmas!! I'd like to offer 5 of my $hells to anyone who bought or received a ButtKicker for Christmas. All you have to do is tweet @TheButtKicker and let them know that you're a member of @SNAIL_Racing and what you got for Christmas (or thank them for the SNAIL discount etc). Thanks!

Can we get a track boundary ruling for apricot hill? At the last turn can we use the part of the track marked "pit"?

The yellow lines and pit markings are not a track boundary. The rumble strip on the left is the track boundary at that point on the track.

Back