◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,415 comments

PitBoard.png

2014.jpg

Snailabrate.jpg

A little late for wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays and a little early for wishing everyone a Happy New Year. It has been a hectic couple of months but I actually have a free evening tonight and really wanted to put a few notes up on The Pit Board.​

As the year comes to a close, I look back on the past year of racing. There was a point where I just didn't have much to say and now there is so much that I am having a hard time collecting my thoughts. The year has been absolutely fantastic but more so, the last couple of months have been truly epic. As I have mentioned before, a group of like-minded individuals staying together for an extended amount of time on the interwebs is a pretty amazing feat. This group of "individuals" has not only stayed together for an astounding amount of time, we have grown into something I have never experienced in all of the years I have had an internet connection. We are a "FamiLeague".

Our League is made up of some of the most intelligent, respectful, generous and exciting people that I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. Although I have never met any of you in person, I consider all of you my friends. I have also seen many other friendships develop within our ranks. I am very thankful I found this group. Real life is a challenge for every single member of SNAIL but when we all gather, whether it is on the thread, League night, an impromptu practice or one of the many SNAIL sponsored events, we can always count on SNAIL spirit and values to be a part of each and every activity we participate in. I want to thank each and every member, past, present or future for being who you are and always being my "Happy Place" no matter what is going on in my real world! :cheers:

I also want to thank GTPlanet for making this all possible. The values that GTPlanet hold are also the quite similar to our Leagues and It is always a pleasure knowing that if I do wander into any other thread, I can expect the same courtesy and respect I enjoy here. When I came to this site for the first time, I was pleasantly surprised to see the level of professionalism and attention to detail. Once I had committed to finding an online racing league I was willing to keep looking no matter how long it took. My first stop was was the Playstation GT5 forums. To be honest it was pretty depressing and I was hoping it got better. The second site was this one. I never looked back. 20 months later, I am still here and don't see an end to it for a very long time. Again, a huge thanks to all of the GTPlanet staff for all of your work and giving us this fertile land to build such and amazing League! :gtplanet:👍

I have been anticipating this moment for quite a long time and it has not been disappointing! Everything I had in my mind has come to fruition and then some. For me personally, I have upgraded from a lumpy old couch with a handful of 2x4s holding my wheel in the air and looking at a 20 year old Sony Trinitron to a proper race rig. I now line up in style with my trusty DFGT and my old fanny being supported by a Playseat and a brand new 42" HDTV. I know that isn't all the remarkable to most of you but (don't laugh) it is my very first true flat screen HDTV and I am in pure heaven right now. Up until now I have never seen Gran Turismo the way it was intended. I am having a real hard time as I type this because all I want to do is climb into my rig and just drive my heart out.

For the League, everything is turning up roses as well. There have been and will be a few more bumps in the road as we transition to GT6. How the League and all of its members are handling it is just awesome. Improvise, adapt and overcome almost seems like an understatement. We are also growing. Much faster than I had predicted. Over 1400 pages and WELL over 42000 posts. Many former or inactive members are coming back and it looks like there is a pretty steady flow of newcomers. I see our future as being brighter than ever.

When I discovered GTPlanet I knew I was in the right place. I looked over many different threads. I saw so many great leagues and series that I thought it may take a long time to figure out where I fit in best. In all honesty I never tried anything else. Once I read our O.P. I knew instantly that this was what I was looking for and again, I never looked back. The O.P. has changed several times over the past couple of years and over time it has really matured into the very best this site has to offer. I have checked out several other openers and while I respect what they have done, none of them comes even close. The header changes regularly to keep it interesting and some of the information it brings is not only informative but one of a kind. Buttkicker, GranStand and the latest (and most excellent) promotion of our members participation in GT Academy. I don't think it was coincidence that the so many of the finalists, top three drivers and overall winner are members of this great League.

Thank you all for everything that this League stands for and the fun it brings to me personally. Thanks to zer05ive, kcheeb, Team SNAIL, the stewards and all of the members. The new year is going to hold some of the best and most exciting times we have ever been a part of and I am really looking forward to it. Next year I plan to get The Pit Board back on track as there is so much new (and old) information that needs to be passed on. Long Live SNAIL!! :cheers:

Race Clean, Race Hard, Race S.N.A.I.L.

Last edited:
If any west coasters or east coasters are still up and would like to run some practice for tomorrow, I'll be opening a room shortly.

BTW. @zer05ive, got the shirt, have a pic to share, but photobucket is undergoing maintenance. I've been looking for an excuse to ditch them, so I may shift my potos somewhere else tomorrow possibly.
Glad you got the shirt! I've been a longtime photobucket user as well, but switched over to imgur two days ago after this post by @Handlebar. I knew that a lot of SNAILs prefer imgur over anything else (@dabneyd comes to mind as being a big proponent), but I never bothered switching. However, after Handlebar's link basically forced me to go to the sight, I decided to just go ahead and create an account and upload a pic while I was there. I immediately liked it much more than photobucket and I'm now a convert. :)

I've been a longtime photobucket user as well, but switched over to imgur two days ago after this post by @Handlebar. I knew that a lot of SNAILs prefer imgur over anything else (@dabneyd comes to mind as being a big proponent), but I never bothered switching. However, after Handlebar's link basically forced me to go to the sight, I decided to just go ahead and create an account and upload a pic while I was there. I immediately liked it much more than photobucket and I'm now a convert. :)

I'm a long time Flikr user.

Thanks for asking zero, it went suprisingly well. I'm really enjoying university and the experience of being out of your town for the first time. I'm loving my new town. Still waiting for one final grade but I'm very satisfied with my results. For the first time, I'm truly interested by what I'm studying and that's an awesome feeling. Only 4 semesters to go, time flies by.
I'm really glad things are going well for you. Leaving the nest for the first time is a huge challenge, but it sounds like you've got it under control. The best part is that you seem to have a passion for what you're learning, and that's just awesome. I never was able to find that passion in school so I unfortunately just went through the motions. Don't get me wrong.. I'm a very proud alumnus of my university, but virtually all of my memories there were made outside of the classroom. I struggle to even remember more than one or two of my professors' names lol. But yeah, if you can find something you're truly interested in and can also make a career out of it, you're already way ahead of most everyone else. Keep it up!

Regarding SNAIL, I got some good news regarding my ''inactive'' status because I may be moving to an appartment with one of my friends on july. If that happens I'm bringing my cockpit that's for sure so you will see me more often. ;)

After this weekend, next race will be when I'll be back home for the ''summer'' break that lasts from late april to late august and if I move out of my room to an appartment I will race after late august. 👍
I must say, it'd be sweet to have you back on a regular basis! I'm sure your fellow aliens feel the same way. Until then, you're more than welcome to stop in for an occasional appearance as time permits. Just continue to let us know in advance, just as you've always done. 👍

I consider myself lucky to have found a subject in school that truely interest me. It's a huge plus to know exactly what you want to study. Saves you time and money. As for leaving the nest, it can be hard moving from a small town to a big city 700 km away (That's 435 miles for you southern neighbors) but you get used to it in a short time. It helps when you love the place too.

I must say, I was following the thread closely when I was away from home, looking at the results and wishing I could race on sundays even though I was rarely posting. You probably noticed that I don't post on the thread very often because english is my second language but I always felt welcome here with you guys not just D1 but the league as a whole. Starting next year, I may use my headset from time to time to work on my spoken english only if you don't mind hearing me hahaha. My new year's resolution is to improve my english, gotta do it sometime hey as my fellow canadians say. ;)

On this year's end and after reading exo's pitboard, I want to give a huge thank you to all of the people that make SNAIL possible and all the fellow gentlemen I encountered on track. You know who you are. You guys are not just running SNAIL but are striving to make it better and better and it shows.

Long live SNAIL !!!

Last edited:
Glad you got the shirt! I've been a longtime photobucket user as well, but switched over to imgur two days ago after this post by @Handlebar. I knew that a lot of SNAILs prefer imgur over anything else (@dabneyd comes to mind as being a big proponent), but I never bothered switching. However, after Handlebar's link basically forced me to go to the sight, I decided to just go ahead and create an account and upload a pic while I was there. I immediately liked it much more than photobucket and I'm now a convert. :)

Normally I just use the copy URL for Message Boards, etc. i just created a mini-album so I could hand over the laptop to my son. Still operable with an iPad, but a bit slower.

I really like imgur overall. I am glad it worked out for you.

So are we allowed plus size wheels, or the improved rigidity option from GT Auto?

You can change wheels, but there's still a bug which erroneously changes the wheel width on cars with different size wheels if you install aftermarket wheels. Anything MR or FR I wouldn't mess with right now. I don't think you can do the improved rigidity, but if you do I think you can remove it.

Aight..I'll try. I only did the Z so far. If not, I'll just buy another, and leave it with changed oil.

So should I just leave the wheels alone for now, entirely ?

Aight..I'll try. I only did the Z so far. If not, I'll just buy another, and leave it with changed oil.

So should I just leave the wheels alone for now, entirely ?
Yeah, probably the safest bet, or take it out for some practice, then swap rims and see if the feeling has changed. In every instance I've heard, the car gets worse feeling, never better, and was always noticeable.
@ExoSphere64, great pit board! SNAIL is truly one of a kind. Amazing to be here and glad to be able to contribute, contend and participate in this league.

I am not enjoying the Rainmasters race around Nurburgring in the Int'l A. YUKKK
The sound of the rain is Awesome with the turtle beach! WOW!

Yes Tex it'll make be a little ginger! Right?

Last edited:
View attachment 93250

View attachment 93251

View attachment 93252

A little late for wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays and a little early for wishing everyone a Happy New Year. It has been a hectic couple of months but I actually have a free evening tonight and really wanted to put a few notes up on The Pit Board.​

As the year comes to a close, I look back on the past year of racing. There was a point where I just didn't have much to say and now there is so much that I am having a hard time collecting my thoughts. The year has been absolutely fantastic but more so, the last couple of months have been truly epic. As I have mentioned before, a group of like-minded individuals staying together for an extended amount of time on the interwebs is a pretty amazing feat. This group of "individuals" has not only stayed together for an astounding amount of time, we have grown into something I have never experienced in all of the years I have had an internet connection. We are a "FamiLeague".

Our League is made up of some of the most intelligent, respectful, generous and exciting people that I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. Although I have never met any of you in person, I consider all of you my friends. I have also seen many other friendships develop within our ranks. I am very thankful I found this group. Real life is a challenge for every single member of SNAIL but when we all gather, whether it is on the thread, League night, an impromptu practice or one of the many SNAIL sponsored events, we can always count on SNAIL spirit and values to be a part of each and every activity we participate in. I want to thank each and every member, past, present or future for being who you are and always being my "Happy Place" no matter what is going on in my real world! :cheers:

I also want to thank GTPlanet for making this all possible. The values that GTPlanet hold are also the quite similar to our Leagues and It is always a pleasure knowing that if I do wander into any other thread, I can expect the same courtesy and respect I enjoy here. When I came to this site for the first time, I was pleasantly surprised to see the level of professionalism and attention to detail. Once I had committed to finding an online racing league I was willing to keep looking no matter how long it took. My first stop was was the Playstation GT5 forums. To be honest it was pretty depressing and I was hoping it got better. The second site was this one. I never looked back. 20 months later, I am still here and don't see an end to it for a very long time. Again, a huge thanks to all of the GTPlanet staff for all of your work and giving us this fertile land to build such and amazing League! :gtplanet:👍

I have been anticipating this moment for quite a long time and it has not been disappointing! Everything I had in my mind has come to fruition and then some. For me personally, I have upgraded from a lumpy old couch with a handful of 2x4s holding my wheel in the air and looking at a 20 year old Sony Trinitron to a proper race rig. I now line up in style with my trusty DFGT and my old fanny being supported by a Playseat and a brand new 42" HDTV. I know that isn't all the remarkable to most of you but (don't laugh) it is my very first true flat screen HDTV and I am in pure heaven right now. Up until now I have never seen Gran Turismo the way it was intended. I am having a real hard time as I type this because all I want to do is climb into my rig and just drive my heart out.

For the League, everything is turning up roses as well. There have been and will be a few more bumps in the road as we transition to GT6. How the League and all of its members are handling it is just awesome. Improvise, adapt and overcome almost seems like an understatement. We are also growing. Much faster than I had predicted. Over 1400 pages and WELL over 42000 posts. Many former or inactive members are coming back and it looks like there is a pretty steady flow of newcomers. I see our future as being brighter than ever.

When I discovered GTPlanet I knew I was in the right place. I looked over many different threads. I saw so many great leagues and series that I thought it may take a long time to figure out where I fit in best. In all honesty I never tried anything else. Once I read our O.P. I knew instantly that this was what I was looking for and again, I never looked back. The O.P. has changed several times over the past couple of years and over time it has really matured into the very best this site has to offer. I have checked out several other openers and while I respect what they have done, none of them comes even close. The header changes regularly to keep it interesting and some of the information it brings is not only informative but one of a kind. Buttkicker, GranStand and the latest (and most excellent) promotion of our members participation in GT Academy. I don't think it was coincidence that the so many of the finalists, top three drivers and overall winner are members of this great League.

Thank you all for everything that this League stands for and the fun it brings to me personally. Thanks to zer05ive, kcheeb, Team SNAIL, the stewards and all of the members. The new year is going to hold some of the best and most exciting times we have ever been a part of and I am really looking forward to it. Next year I plan to get The Pit Board back on track as there is so much new (and old) information that needs to be passed on. Long Live SNAIL!! :cheers:

Race Clean, Race Hard, Race S.N.A.I.L.
Another epic Pit Board as usual, Exo! Thanks so much for putting down into words what many of us think, but don't really know how to say - at least not as eloquently. You are the true voice of our famileague! :bowdown:

Also, I think the middle paragraph is worthy of @Jordan's attention. Huge props to him and his staff for all the love and care that they put into :gtplanet:. This site has always been top notch, but the new GTP12 has taken things to another level. Here's to another year of continued growth and prosperity for this cozy corner of the internet that we call home! :cheers:

Been doing some testing with the nissan at Silverstone. First uses stock wheels and ran consistent lap times in the 1:15s. Then switched to 1in up custom wheels and saw no change in lap times. Even bested my previous lap times with a 1:15.279. I dont know if those times are comparible to others in my division but for me personally I see no change in handling going from stock to custom wheels.off to try the mustang. Also I have been running custom wheels since the inception of gt6 and have been very competitive in my division even winning a few races. Just my two cents. :cheers:

Apparently the wheel glitch will only affect the car if it comes stock with different width wheels on the front and rear. When custom wheels are installed on the car, the game puts the width that is stock on the front on both the front and the rear. This has a negative effect on the rear grip of the car. Evidently, it's most noticeable on cars like the Stratos and some other MR cars that come with wider rear wheels and tires than what is on the front.

hooker4
Been doing some testing with the nissan at Silverstone. First uses stock wheels and ran consistent lap times in the 1:15s. Then switched to 1in up custom wheels and saw no change in lap times. Even bested my previous lap times with a 1:15.279. I dont know if those times are comparible to others in my division but for me personally I see no change in handling going from stock to custom wheels.off to try the mustang. Also I have been running custom wheels since the inception of gt6 and have been very competitive in my division even winning a few races. Just my two cents. :cheers:
Same results with the mustang

Apparently the wheel glitch will only affect the car if it comes stock with different width wheels on the front and rear. When custom wheels are installed on the car, the game puts the width that is stock on the front on both the front and the rear. This has a negative effect on the rear grip of the car. Evidently, it's most noticeable on cars like the Stratos and some other MR cars that come with wider rear wheels and tires than what is on the front.

This is exactly what is going on. Staggered set ups are effected.

This is exactly what is going on. Staggered set ups are effected.

Not as bad as with 1.02. I ran some laps this morning with a c6 Z06 and laps time where actually faster with custom wheels than stock. But after watching russ for so long i'm starting to like a car thats a little loose in the rear.

Here are my current averages for this weeks combos:

370z @ Silverstone 1:13:8-1:14.2 (Best 1:13.568)
Rx7 @ Suzuka 2:17.9-2:18.2 (Best 2:17.390)
Boss @ Apricot Hill 1:29.5-1:29.9 (Best 1:29.192)

Last edited:
1VFAIur.png

Race Date - Sun Dec 22 2013
Penalty Rate 45%
Banner by dabneyd

Division 1 - 6 incidents on file
hillracing
  • Round 1 - Race 1 - Level 2 - 7 points doubled to 14 for probation violation. 4 weeks probation remain.
GCarneiroBR
  • Round 1 - Race 1 - Level 2 - 5 points. 2 Weeks Probation
fizzer82
  • Round 1 - Race 1 - Level 1 - 4 points. 1 Week Probation
Mighty_mopar
  • Round 2 - Race 2 - Level 1 - 4 points. 1 Week Probation
Division 5 - 1 incident on file
Fabricio98
  • Round 1 - Race 1 - Level 3 - 9 points. 3 Weeks Probation

Thanks to Handlebar-Man, JLBowler, and wumpushunter for their reviews this week
Don't forget to claim your $hells for completing reviews.
:cheers:

* * * * * * * * * * * * *​

These changes affect the final standings.
Full final results can be found here.
***If you were penalized and would like further explanation regarding the incident, PM your Division Steward and they will let you know what the stewards saw and our opinions on it.***

The Incident Review Sheet should now be available to all SNAILs.​

Nope just watched faster guys run around there and found some time.. Ran a 17.4 last week in the race. Just have to drive in hard..

Look closer, I think you made a typo. You're probably meaning 2'17 and not 1'17.
But your times are fast, gotta get some practice time before sunday night.

Back