◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,756 comments
Warning to everyone that will be running in D2 tonight. I am going to race tonight but I will be using a controller. Just give me a little extra space as you fly past me and I will make every effort to be as smooth as I can be. I'm sure I will be starting in the back for the first races but the reverse grid races should be interesting.

Too big too fast..expand to west coast first, and then worry about a euro expansion. Zero would need to have 2 uber-directors to take control of continental racing...couldn't do it himself :P
Nonsense. It's never to soon to talk and plan. Though, I do really wonder what is coming in the way of community settings to the online environment. That may ease quite a lot of pains. I think really, the biggest struggle doing a euro league would be less a single director, and more getting reliable stewards and such. In a way, stewards are considered and recruited. Starting out with a fresh league would require its own set of stewards, and that takes time.

Way to give her a go Bowler! Hey, would you be opposed, or anyone else for that matter, to doing a time trial and seeing were you place while using the controller? Maybe it would make more sense to put you in d3 while you were using the ds3. I believe someone else did this a while back when their wheel went south as well.

Nonsense. It's never to soon to talk and plan. Though, I do really wonder what is coming in the way of community settings to the online environment. That may ease quite a lot of pains. I think really, the biggest struggle doing a euro league would be less a single director, and more getting reliable stewards and such. In a way, stewards are considered and recruited. Starting out with a fresh league would require its own set of stewards, and that takes time.

Way to give her a go Bowler! Hey, would you be opposed, or anyone else for that matter, to doing a time trial and seeing were you place while using the controller? Maybe it would make more sense to put you in d3 while you were using the ds3. I believe someone else did this a while back when their wheel went south as well.

I did it for a couple of weeks when I was designing and building my rig for the G27. I moved down to D4 and scored 99 points my second week there. It should only be a two week thing this time around. I will send my wheel in tomorrow, it should arrive on Tuesday and then Logitech just has to ship out the new one. It would be nice if they would just let me drive it over to them and pick up the new one (they're only a little less than two hours away from me).

If @kcheeb wants me to run a time trial, I can do it real quick. If not, I'll stay in D2 and take my beating.

wanted to remind everyone that needs to kno For D4 My Old Psn Nane Was O10231994 And My New Psn Is Vinnybear-O1 When Do We start? is it the same time?

I updated your PSN ID to Vinnybear-O1, let me know if the old one, O10231994, shows up somewhere 👍

Maybe we could try putting euro feelers out too?
It's always a possibility I suppose. As you probably remember, it almost happened over a year and a half ago.

Too big too fast..expand to west coast first, and then worry about a euro expansion. Zero would need to have 2 uber-directors to take control of continental racing...couldn't do it himself :P
Yeah I'm not worried about any expansion other than the west coast division. Although a euro division would make it much easier for me to race since I'm not currently able to race at our regular time slot. It could also be used as a practice session for anyone wanting to practice before the main event later. In fact, I used to race with @kcheeb and @CanuckleheadII on Sunday afternoons as a fun way to prep for Sunday nights. 👍

Nonsense. Idt's never to soon to talk and plan. Though, I do really wonder what is coming in the way of community settings to the online environment. That may ease quite a lot of pains. I think really, the biggest struggle doing a euro league would be less a single director, and more getting reliable stewards and such. In a way, stewards are considered and recruited. Starting out with a fresh league would require its own set of stewards, and that takes time.
I dunno.. I'm more inclined to view the new west coast division in a more casual way. It'd be cool if willing and qualified stewards are recruited to the new division, but having a more casual setting is fine by me until then.

-PSN Card Winners-

As you know, last Sunday we offered a special prize of a $10 PSN Card, to celebrate the 2 year anniversary of Snail and Christmas, to the winner of each division. To be eligible, you must have raced in 1 full Sunday night in November. If you did not and you won the division, the next highest placed driver that did would win the card. So without further ado, here are your winners:)👍

D1 - dgafaboutany1420
D2 - fastfox400
D3 - intoflatlines
D4 - soundtiger
D5 - whatbadgerseat

I will be sending each of you a PSN code via PM. Congratulations!

Also, throughout 2014, we will be adding special PSN Card prizes for nightly winners and possibly your monthly winners. Remember, you need to race on Sunday night to be eligible. Your attendance will be crucial for your eligibility to win. Further details will follow in the coming days. Once again, congratulations to last weeks winners :cheers:

:gtpflag:

1520722_10202022349698190_1683364394_n.jpg

Finally my G27 arrived! :)
Now I have to make a stand for it
Any suggestions?

^ same for me... life, holidays, work. No time for practice or anything, now the saints game is interfering. Still I'll do my best to see everybody in D4 tonight.

Your best bet Lopez is to find a table or desk around ur house and if you
Can use screws to bolt it down.

Thanks friend,
That's what I tought for the first time, but I want to make and foldable stand where I can mount all the accesories.
I have some ideas, but a schematic of one already made stand would save me a lot of time.

Finally my G27 arrived! :)
Now I have to make a stand for it. Any suggestions?

Since you just got it you could always go the old ironing board/ chair route. If you want something foldable I used to race in this:

Once you realize that doesn't cut it anymore (and that will happen quick) the PVC route is always a good option.

This is where I spend my Sunday nights now...

And since it's Christmas - Daddy is looking to spend some of his christmas cash and needs some advice!

I've already picked up a pair of Turtle Beach PX4 headsets (which are AWESOME!) and just this morning ordered the GTEYE spring for the brake.
Here's where I'm on the fence - for those running a Buttkicker can someone chime in with exactly how "loud" it is when it's doing it's thing. I usually play at night when the house is quiet and my daughter is asleep upstairs and from what I've seen the Buttkicker makes a racket! I'm not so concerned with the vibration being transmitted throughout the room so much as the noise this seems to make. Please help as the burning sensation in my wallet is becoming a bit difficult to bear! :sly:

Oops, sorry about converting the eastern time incorrectly. I've fixed it in my post, and more importantly, posted the correct time in the official schedule. Once you provide the exact details, I'll link that post in there too. 👍
I will open a public room at 9:00pm pacific time and post the room number. It will be a great chance to see what SNAIL is all about. Depending on the turnout we will either focus on practice runs or make it a more casual meet and greet. Just grab the three cars below and let's have some late night fun.
December 29, 2013 lineup
banners by jobyone

ROUND ONE
Nissan Fairlady Z (Z34) '08
(348HP / PP 469) (Sports Medium tires)
at Silverstone International Circuit (8 laps)

photo by ???

ROUND TWO
Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02
(307HP / PP 473) (Sports Medium tires)
at Suzuka Circuit (5 laps)

upload_2013-12-24_10-23-49-png.92306

photo by OwensRacing

ROUND THREE
Ford Mustang Boss 302 '13
(465HP / PP 508) (Sports Soft tires)
at Apricot Hill (7 laps)

photo by ???

Your wheel and pedals prob make as much noise or similar. If the kicker is making a racket. They have it bottoming out or the rig itself is rattling.

The ButtKickers don't make much noise at all. You can hear it, but you have control over the Intensity (Volume). So you should be able to find a nice balance that gives you enough feel and doesn't disturb your daughter 👍

Shouldn't cause this :lol:

Your wheel and pedals prob make as much noise or similar. If the kicker is making a racket. They have it bottoming out or the rig itself is rattling.

I don't like doing any of the rally(dirt) events because of the noise the wheel makes. I usually unplug the power from the wheel to do those events. Is it as loud as that?

Since you just got it you could always go the old ironing board/ chair route. If you want something foldable I used to race in this:

Here's where I'm on the fence - for those running a Buttkicker can someone chime in with exactly how "loud" it is when it's doing it's thing. I usually play at night when the house is quiet and my daughter is asleep upstairs and from what I've seen the Buttkicker makes a racket! I'm not so concerned with the vibration being transmitted throughout the room so much as the noise this seems to make. Please help as the burning sensation in my wallet is becoming a bit difficult to bear! :sly:
Don't think there is any reason to be on the fence. Get it. tactile is great!

Any recommendations on commercial wheel stands? I have a wheel that's served we well, but have since moved and no longer have a setup with a desk that's convenient.

Back