◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,791 comments
D2 replays are up and are all in working order...at least on my PS3. 👍

Now it's time to find out why my brand new headset is causing issues in the room... :banghead: My apologies to all who I inconvenienced.

What kind of headset. I had a similar issue form my wireless TB DPx's

Division 2 Directors Report
Great night in D2. Only one connection issue with racefan but I think it's on his end. No other connection issues that I saw. It was as smooth as you would like it to be. I like the 'friends only' room because I can concentrate on directing rather then wondering who is a Snail or not. Overall, a good way to end 2013. Look forward to seeing everyone next week for the first races of 2014.

Great racing everyone. Got a 4th and a 3rd on the last two races that I was able to run which is awesome for me and I hope everyone has a great new year and i`ll see you all in 2014.
Thanks for racing with us! However, did you ever officially request to join? I see that you joined our Kart series and our Enduro series, but I don't see that ever posted a request to join this series. We'd love to have you race with us again, but can you please complete our registration process before next Sunday night?

Do a system file check then try them again. If they freeze you are out of luck and will have to get them tomorrow from someone who has working replays.
Bleh...I can't get ANY of my replays to work. Tried 4 separate times, freezing each time. I wrote down the laps/race for each, but I was writing everything down to review later. I have like 6 different things on my list and I have no idea which is which. I'm sure some of them were not really incidents, and I would hate to accuse anybody of anything without evidence. I did file an incident report against myself for one, which I'm sure was my fault.

If a steward is interested and has free time (a LOT of free time, or just curiosity) , these were the things I wrote down:
R1, lap 6, turn 3 or 4
R2, lap 8, turn 3
R2, last lap, last turn
R3, last lap, last turn
R5, lap 3
R6, lap 3 near beginning
R6, lap 5 near end

That is D3. Again, not sure which are incidents if any. Just took notes to review and didn't get the chance to do so. Thanks,

Were there any connection issues with that many in the room?
Division 3 co-Director's report:

With 16 in the room you might think there might have be myriad of connection issues but you would only be partially correct. The first 2 races presented a challenge when a few drivers didn't see each other but a quick exit/re-entry from the room and all was right with the world. The rest of the races went like clockwork.
A few drivers did disconnect but thankfully it was in between races. We waited of course.
The racing was close. As was the scoring. The difference between a perfect line through 130R and pushing wide losing precious points. The top 10 saw 2 ties as recorded by co- Director @intoflatlines. 👍 Couldn't have done it without your help.

Thank you to all the unseasoned S.N.A.I.L.s that raced tonight. Without all of our participation there would not be any data for the Data Monger.

Last edited:
This post is my request to join the league.
@goofytyler,
Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information.

3. @kcheeb PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. kcheeb will add you to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_1, 2, 3, 4 or 5' based off your placement from kcheeb. That lobby will be where you race Sunday

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Are we going to be upping the cap for the upcoming Season?
Yes, the new cap is:

Dr_-Evil-One-Million-Dollars_zps107ab072.png

(minus one zero)

Joking aside, the new cap is $100,000 👍

Actually 3 ties in the top 10 (including a 3 way tie for 4th). :eek: We also had a tie for 11th place. Really close racing, it's crazy how close D3 has been this week and last!

As always, thanks to @Skills for doing a great job of hosting/directing!
Damn, those are some serious battles! And yes, thanks to @Skills, but also thanks to you for keeping score. You two are the newest "couple" on the block, but are acting like you'be been together for years.. :sly:

Just finished the Campaign for COD Ghost on PS4. Must quite good!
I don't have a PS4, but I stopped by GameStop today and asked how if they detailed sales figures for that location comparing the PS4 and the Xbox One. He said he didn't have the exact figures, but what he could confirm was that they've been sold out of PS4's for weeks and they have plenty of Xbox Ones that nobody is asking about. That makes me happy. :)

EDIT: While I was there, I took a few minutes to check out "the competition" (Forza 5) and found a cool little car in there called the Ariel Atom. It's like the LLC Rocket in GT5, but instead of the "old school" Formula 1 look, it's looks like a "mini-me" of today's F1 cars. Pretty cool. 👍

ariel-atom-v8-500w.jpg

Last edited:
Hey everyone, during the S.N.A.I.L. events last night did anyone else notice having less grip than in practice? If im like most of you I ran the combos earlier in the week to get an idea of my lap times. Once i got into the events it seemed like the car was behaving as if we were running a compound harder than what was chosen. Before you ask, yes I made sure i was running with the correct tyres. Fairlady (Z) - medium, RX-7 - medium, Boss 302 - soft. At silverstone i was able to run high 12's in practice yet in quali i could barely get out of the 14's. Anyone else notice this last night or am i just crazy? I didnt know if this is a common thing with the online events or if anyone noticed a difference as well.

Well in GT5 I know that there was a difference in driving physics between online driving and offline driving and I'm not sure if it's the same thing in GT6 and that might be the cause if it is the same. If not it might be connection issues.

Well in GT5 I know that there was a difference in driving physics between online driving and offline driving and I'm not sure if it's the same thing in GT6 and that might be the cause if it is the same. If not it might be connection issues.
What I noticed is that the understeer was worse on the Mustang online. Couldn't hold the inside line on one corner and drifted into another car.

What I noticed is that the understeer was worse on the Mustang online. Couldn't hold the inside line on one corner and drifted into another car.

Agreed, it was the worse with the Boss. In practice it seemed pretty balanced on the softs with a tendency to understeer at the limit but last night was really bad. Turn 3, the right leading into the esses was horrible for me. The car would just wash wide and ruin the whole sector and lap time.

EDIT: While I was there, I took a few minutes to check out "the competition" (Forza 5) and found a cool little car in there called the Ariel Atom. It's like the LLC Rocket in GT5, but instead of the "old school" Formula 1 look, it's looks like a "mini-me" of today's F1 cars. Pretty cool. 👍

ariel-atom-v8-500w.jpg

You, my friend, need to watch more Top Gear. (The real version, from the UK.)

There are actually two Atoms. The one in the picture is the larger, V8 version. It is currently 3rd on the Power Lap Board (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_Gear_Power_Lap_Times#Power_Laps). In all fairness, the Rocket hasn't been on Top Gear. The Caterham's have.

Hey everyone, during the S.N.A.I.L. events last night did anyone else notice having less grip than in practice? If im like most of you I ran the combos earlier in the week to get an idea of my lap times. Once i got into the events it seemed like the car was behaving as if we were running a compound harder than what was chosen. Before you ask, yes I made sure i was running with the correct tyres. Fairlady (Z) - medium, RX-7 - medium, Boss 302 - soft. At silverstone i was able to run high 12's in practice yet in quali i could barely get out of the 14's. Anyone else notice this last night or am i just crazy? I didnt know if this is a common thing with the online events or if anyone noticed a difference as well.
If there was a difference, it was subtle. I do remember averaging a middle 13 at Silverstone while practicing, but then not able to break 14 while practicing online. Have you considered the fact that the weather changes? I know I've noticed before that by the end of the race the lighting has changed. I believe they also model temperature- I'm sure a big change in temperature would affect your lap times pretty dramatically.

You, my friend, need to watch more Top Gear. (The real version, from the UK.)

There are actually two Atoms. The one in the picture is the larger, V8 version. It is currently 3rd on the Power Lap Board (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_Gear_Power_Lap_Times#Power_Laps). In all fairness, the Rocket hasn't been on Top Gear. The Caterham's have.
Yep, the most easily recognizable V8 appearance/feature is the gold frame (only available on V8 models).

I think the X-Bow is most comparable to the Ariel Atom, no?

Back